Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Likes and dislikes ideas

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    It would be cool to play a scary vampire and not just some vampire everyone wants to visit. I can't even make them run by compelling to bite their friend.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    It would be cool to play a scary vampire and not just some vampire everyone wants to visit. I can't even make them run by compelling to bite their friend.

I agree, plus I don't get why vampires are scared of ghosts, they're both literally undead.
  • Options
    I wonder if we can get a trait that lets the Sims instill emotions, like how Temperance does?
  • Options
    But anyway, how about things that make us feel playful or flirty, too? Like feeling playful while knitting or cooking, like how their mamma made it when they were kids.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Update! We are getting fashion preferences! Though the max amount of likes and dislikes hasn't been increased... Though there are so few of them that I'll manage. Anyway, that's something off the list!

Still holding out for occult preferences though... I'll elaborate it in detail.
    • It affects how easy it is to build relationship with the occult sims. Though it is possible for them to befriend an occult they dislike.
    • It affects how certain interactions about occults work on the sim.
    • Sims who like a certain occult may want to become them and don't want to be cured. The other way around is for sims who dislike that occult. This will also show itself in moodlets.
    • Occult preference will also affect how much they will enjoy occult-themed books.
    • When occult-specific fears are added, this preference will also affect how likely are they to develop those fears.
    • Occult specific things:
      • Ghosts:
        • Ghosts on the same lot with a sim who likes ghosts are less likely to break things.
        • Ghosts are more likely to scare sims who dislike ghosts.
      • Aliens:
        • Will affect the reaction when discovering an alien (sims who like them will always react positively).
        • Will affect how alien abductions will leave sim feeling. In addition, males who like aliens are more likely to become pregnant.
      • Vampires:
        • Sims who like vampires are more likely to let a vampire drink from them (and the other way around).
        • Sims who like vampires learn pipe organ and vampire lore skills faster (and the other way around for sims who dislike them).
      • Mermaids:
        • Sims who like mermaids are more likely to find mermadic kelp (and the other way around).
        • It is easier for sims who like mermaids to discover them.
        • Sims who dislike mermaids may sometimes ignore their Siren's Call.
      • Spellcasters:
        • Sims who like spellcasters will love to see them casting spells while sims who dislike them will sometimes run away.
        • Sims who like spellcasters like to be in the Realm of Magic while sims who dislike them feel uncomfortable there.
        • This will also affect how successful the spells are.
      • Servos:
        • This will affect how fast will sims learn Robotics skill. Sims who like them may even get extra parts.
      • Werewolves
        • I think that sims should have more interactions with rampaging werewolves like trying to calm them down. Sims who like werewolves may actually be successful. Sims who dislike werewolves will try to distract werewolves by throwing something before running away.
        • This will affect how successful will "Ask for Werewolf Sympathy" interaction be on the sim. It is easier to ask that from sims who like werewolves.
        • Will affect how easy it is for sims to communicate with Greg. Ironically, sims who dislike werewolves and vampires have easier time at that.

I have created some sims who are supposed to be supernatural fans, so this one would be great for them.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I wish that they would add an additional 20 more numbers to pick the likes & dislikes instead of having only 20 limited, can have 40 limited.
    Unfortunately, I have to avoid picking the decor for the likes/dislikes because of that. :'(
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Like or dislike going to work! Like hanging out with creative people, dislike meeting or discussing celebrities. Like eating food from booths and living on a high floor, dislike basements and houses with clutter.
  • Options
    I rarely use likes/dislikes as-is, except to make Sims like skills. I'd rather have comforts and fears. Comforting around the sunlight, free from vampire attacks, and fear of the night, for instance.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I wish that they would add an additional 20 more numbers to pick the likes & dislikes instead of having only 20 limited, can have 40 limited.
    Unfortunately, I have to avoid picking the decor for the likes/dislikes because of that. :'(

Agreed. I wish that when the next likes and dislikes category comes out, the number increases. It's annoying to pick out the existing preferences to replace with new ones in the new category.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2022