Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kit Packs: Yay or Nay?

So my quick thoughts without the official details but the twitter confirmation: I'm good unless they are more than $5. The Sims 3 store was way too expensive for me, which is why I appreciated packs only in 4. Kit packs do not seem beholden to anything specific, so maybe there will be world kit packs or just world packs. Or maybe it will be more constricted. Who knows. All I know is that if it comes down to purchasing solo items with some sort of micro currency, then I am going to ignore it. I am cautiously optimistic for kit packs, though.

Kit Packs: Yay or Nay? 441 votes

Yay!
17%
tams2578LeGardePourpreJadeleinebrackencat31bandit5Simmervilledavidp0418jeLlyBeAn1573dreamergrl84BlkBarbiegalaelias24JueJueAngel_mixdanacnbrettmcruddkokoro80aeval99simgirl1010friendlysimmersDJQ1308 79 votes
Nay!
30%
CK213GoldmoldarverlainemIcewolfNighteyessims2freak737SimmySimianColorist40BreeNillaEvilWitch83tanakakijustChrisUkFabooshPipersfun2haneulBeardedgeekkeFUNKNEY101TrishAKingIObellesims_premade 134 votes
Depends on the price.
17%
Akl500PmikepapaycikEvvieSimmerStace1234566winkeljohn78SamadamsPlayeralan650111TWSimGamer82Monet11lisamwittcandystormSleepycatDSLStrangerthanelanorbretonSnuffyBucketmildredalienliliaethjimbbqWyrrenSjofn 75 votes
Depends on the content.
31%
Bluegayleauroraael14bshag4lvcatmom1987BreeSashaKita5399Sara1010PMstybl95IrishSimmer21jeepjeepcatalexspoom13IceyJOmri147SikoahGracePlayerSinger2010SimpatsyannTheSpotted_CIsb917asimbsimcornflake88 140 votes
Depends on the state of the game.
2%
GalacticGalCinebarhalloweenchildTrashmagicMDianaSimsSheepilingj1z1johnjetAbbyZsovereignsimmerKathMHughesEliasVersacefae_brass 13 votes

Comments

• Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Depends on the content.
    I think they'll cost 5 bucks, would be very surprised if not.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    i rly thought the game had been milked enough. but we'll see, on march 2 they'll give more info about this so i'll wait before thrashing this
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited February 2021
    Depends on the content.
    For me it depends both in the price and in the content. I had to choose one, so i'll say it depends in the content, because if something that i really want comes in a kit i'll buy it. Let's say for example a western african world maybe is too niche to come in a bigger pack so if it comes in a kit i won't miss the opportunity...
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Nay!
    This is dumb. They need to come out and say that they want us to pay more money for one thing that couldve gone into a bigger pack and we can move on with our lives. Cant wait for the "sweeping kit" or the "mopping kit". Good grief.

• Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Depends on the content.
    The main thing is whether I find the content worth the price. But honestly I rarely pay more than $5 for a full stuff pack so I'm unlikely to pay that much for less. But there may be exceptions for certain content.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2021
    Depends on the price.
    I would definitely say depends on the price, perhaps maybe they are doing away with stuff packs as theres 18 of them now 😂, this has shown me that the sims 4 has alot more time than we thought, to set up something like the sims 3 store at this point after 6 years of original release, it might also make the developers focus more expansions & game packs
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Depends on the content.
    I'm thinking they'll probably be $5 since they seem to be smaller than stuff packs, but I'm trying to hold off on any judgements until we do hear what they're all about.

Stuff Packs have gotten better recently in terms of what they offer (Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, and Paranormal Stuff) so I'm wondering if maybe, just maybe Kit Packs won't be as bad as we think they are? I mean Paranormal seems almost like a mini game pack, and one of the few stuff packs well worth the full price. So if the stuff packs getting better is anything to go by, maybe kits won't be the worst things in the world?

I'm going to wait until March 2nd to make a proper judgment though. As for now, I'm going to say it's going to depend on the content + the price.
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Nay!
    Kits are about to the be the absolute biggest cash grab for The Sims 4 ever.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 2021
    Nay!
    I was going to say depends on content
    or price

(i mean sometimes i might use my origin gift cards stupidly and end up having some leftover coins that maybe could be used for these if they are mega cheap)

but actually there is hardly anything i wouldn't rather have in bigger pack that I want..

and if i don't want it all that much its just waste to even get it tho...

and then its just kinda waste in general when we could be having couple big awesome packs and they release bunch of these instead...

and the big fear theyd put something i need tons of content for into one of these kits of horror and call it done like they so often did with ts3...
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Depends on the price.
    Probably yay, but it would depend on the price. If it's $10 like SP, and not nearly the content offered, I'd be extremely picky on the themes. Anything retro oriented absolutely, but otherwise, maybe not so much. The Country Kitchen set looks nice though. I'm expecting they'll be Sims 3 store prices I think those averaged out to around $5. to be honest I'm even okay with them doing away with stuff packs if they go this route instead. But I'd hope the amount of content for 2 kit packs would be fairly close to 1 stuff pack.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Depends on the content.
    It depends on the content, but I am also one of the people who liked the TS3 store (for the most part). I can't see myself getting the dust kit, but the Throwback Fit kit looks like it consists of some loud CAS items that could really add something I need more of in the game.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Yay!
    As someone who owns the entire TS3 store (a game I like far, far less than TS4), I’m without a doubt going to buy every single kit ;)

All 3 kits so far are looking good & I can totally see myself using them in my game. Hopefully more kits are coming soon.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    GamecubeLover26GamecubeLover26 Posts: 34 Member
    Nay!
    No. Microtransactions don't have any benefit to them. They only serve to wring the consumer of their money.

But, because this is the Sims franchise, I'm sure they'll sell like hotcakes. This fandom has the largest amount of whales I've ever seen. Plenty of people will buy them, if only to "complete their collection" or because "it's only 5 bucks, what's the harm?"
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited February 2021
    Depends on the content.
    Depends on the content and price. But it also sounds like a way for them to spread out the content even more. Like, if they release a Farming EP, will it come without kitchen counters since there’s gonna be a “country kitchen kit” ?

Also it’s gonna be a mess on the gallery, when people will want to download a build but there’s like 10 kits, SPs, GPS and EPs content in it.
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    edited February 2021
    Yay!
    Yay. It allows for more niche themes to be explored. I think Kits are going to be what didn't/couldn't fit in any past or future EP/GP/SP.
    Plus you know exactly what you are paying for.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited February 2021
    Nay!
    I wanted them to make more game packs and expansion packs because they have a lot of gameplay designers working on them.

These kits will have one gameplay item at most.
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Yay!
    I think it’s sounds pretty cool sets specifically dedicated towards one category either cas bb or gameplay this way if you only want cas you can get that without spending more money for stuff you don’t really need plus they can make even more niche packs like the vacuum were getting if you don’t like it you don’t have to get it since it will be the only thing in the pack so you won’t be missing out on things you do like in the pack
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2021
    Depends on the price.
    No. Microtransactions don't have any benefit to them. They only serve to wring the consumer of their money.

But, because this is the Sims franchise, I'm sure they'll sell like hotcakes. This fandom has the largest amount of whales I've ever seen. Plenty of people will buy them, if only to "complete their collection" or because "it's only 5 bucks, what's the harm?"

Microtransactions is the future and the present whether we like it or not unfortunately, the old way to playing games is probably officially dead like arcade games, you mark my words this is what the sims 5 will be like 😂
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited February 2021
    Yay!
    They definitely shouldn’t be more than $5 ($4.99) because stuff packs are $10 ($9.99). But I like the concept. I think it’s a nice way for those of us who want more specific stuff to get them. I like the kitchen kit and the cleaning one but not the clothes one so much. Also the gameplay object (if it has one) is minuscule such as the vacuum).
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    Nay!
    I'll wait to pass judgment for now, but if it's anything like the TS2 Store, then nay. As it is, I only consider buying stuff packs when they are on sale for 50% off, so I definitely won't spend anything close to $5 for a kit with even less content.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yay!
    I secretly wanted a ts4 store since forever
    Don't jump me!!🙈🙈🙈
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Depends on the content.
    I mean, the comparison isn't quite Apples to Apples, but I've spent $12US on a single hairstyle for use in Daz Studio. Yes, it's for art rather than a game, has higher quality textures, higher poly mesh, and includes morphs - but on a straight quantity count, I've spent more for far less.

So it all will depend on if I want the content and if I think there's enough in quantity, quality, and usability to justify my spending whatever the price ultimately is.

For example, I don't care how cute the Dust Bunnies are, I'm not getting the Bust the Dust pack, because I don't care to add vacuuming to my game. Even if it's the best darn vacuuming gameplay ever because Bust the Dust fails on Usability for me. Other people are more likely to find it useful, and more power to them and may they enjoy every sim day of it.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Depends on the content.
    I secretly wanted a ts4 store since forever
    Don't jump me!!🙈🙈🙈

The more i think about it, the more i like it. May be the only way to get some secret desired niche stuff that i want badly :)
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Nay!
    Yeah, no. I've never been fond of being nickel-and-dimed to death. I rarely buy stuff packs as it is, simply because of a lack of enough things in most of them to interest me enough to let them milk me for a little more. From the few examples of Kits-to-come, I don't see them being any different in that regard. And even if the price ends up being "reasonable" per Kit, the milking does add up, my people. It so adds up.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Nay!
    Hard NO.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.