Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

March Patch Speculation 2021(Patch Now Out)

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    @manicobsessive There is a bug since November which causes sims to not be able to use stairs if there is a room without a floor above the stairs.

If you have get to work, go to the Old Quarter Inn bar for example. Your sim will not be able to get to the second floor.

7rOH2yj.png

Had that bug several times, you need to delete the stairs and replace it.

The solution is to remove the floor above, you can do that by replacing the stairs and the fences on the second floor for example, but it often ruins your build or builds another floor above so the stairs are not open anymore.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    @manicobsessive There is a bug since November which causes sims to not be able to use stairs if there is a room without a floor above the stairs.

If you have get to work, go to the Old Quarter Inn bar for example. Your sim will not be able to get to the second floor.

7rOH2yj.png

The solution is to remove the floor above, you can do that by replacing the stairs and the fences on the second floor for example, but it often ruins your build or builds another floor above so the stairs are not open anymore.

Thanks for explaining. :) Can't believe this has been going on since November and they haven't fixed it yet. I hope they sort it out soon!
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,234 Member
    edited March 2021
    No other paid content expected this month.

The kits fill the emptiness between the pack release dates
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Maybe they'll release a future Kit Pack of Bunk Beds to catch up a bit - full of old meshes that are easy to make.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,234 Member
    edited March 2021
    Conor talked about Bunk Beds and Sleeping Bags during the Tiny Living Stuff livestream in 2020.

Maybe a Sleepover Kit is planned
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    No other paid content expected this month.

The kits fill the emptiness between the pack release dates

I don't know. I think a Gamepack is releasing the last week of March cause bunk beds are coming in the March Patch.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if they could have made Bunk Beds for a while, and only released it now because they knew Kits would be controversial and wanted to distract people.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member

If you have get together, go to the Old Quarter Inn bar in Windenburg for example. Your sim will not be able to get to the second floor.

7rOH2yj.png

I get this bug not with stairs but with doors and have to go into bb mode and delete and replace the doors. It happens on many lots including rentals. It’s very annoying and I feel so bad for those of you who have this with stairs. Maybe it’s a routing issue?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Gordy wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if they could have made Bunk Beds for a while, and only released it now because they knew Kits would be controversial and wanted to distract people.

I don't think they'd be giving bunk beds in a patch cause of kits. It's way more likely bunk beds are coming as part of Gamepack or even Expansion Pack Pre Update. A Gamepack is more likely though because we got an Expansion in November. We're way overdue for a Gamepack.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member

I don't think they'd be giving bunk beds in a patch cause of kits. It's way more likely bunk beds are coming as part of Gamepack or even Expansion Pack Pre Update. A Gamepack is more likely though because we got an Expansion in November. We're way overdue for a Gamepack.
    If this is the case , then we are getting a Pack at the end of this month because the last Livestream stated that bunkbeds are coming late March.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited March 2021
    If I had to guess, it would probably be a late March patch before an early April pack, but I'll happily be wrong.

Looking forward to bunk beds, but I am admittedly looking forward more to having stairs and lifestyles working well. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    This may sound like a dumb question, but since I know almost nothing at all about these kits that simmers are talking about. But what is a kit? Is that like a new pack entirely or is it replacing the Stuff Packs? Or is it something that's just going to be in the patches?

Thank you for update on this CLP. But will these Kit Packs be replacing the Stuff Pack, or will we have both KP and SP?

Not sure.
    The livestream for the KP's has answered this question, and the answer is no they will not be replacing the SP's any time soon. Otherwise they would have stated that about the KP's in the livestream.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member

7rOH2yj.png

Deleting the stairs and replacing it always worked for me so far.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

My thoughts exactly, what if maybe a private school pack. I like to think they experimented with 2 different universities for DU to maybe have more than 1 private school if they were ever to add them.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I hope kits aren't replacing stuff packs.

They have to, unless they hire more people. You can't just make more DLC without cutting from anything else.

They might still make stuff packs but there are most likely going to be less of them now.

they said in the live stream that kits are easier to work on cause their smaller so they can be released while we wait for whatever comes after.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    A Gamepack is more likely though because we got an Expansion in November. We're way overdue for a Gamepack.

Yeah it's probably too late for them to announce an EP now, so a game pack is more likely.

I always thought the April survey of last year was for a potential game pack. If they selected a theme after the survey, it's totally plausible they're just finishing up the pack now for a late March release.

t0qsBwO.png
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited March 2021
    I hope kits aren't replacing stuff packs.

They have to, unless they hire more people. You can't just make more DLC without cutting from anything else.

They might still make stuff packs but there are most likely going to be less of them now.

they said in the live stream that kits are easier to work on cause their smaller so they can be released while we wait for whatever comes after.

They are probably easier to work on yes, and they can maybe hire extra help as well, but I'm a little skeptical about how they are going to manage their time with so many different packs. They already have EP's, GP's and SP's and now they will get a fourth layer that they have to manage...

I have always assumed that the draught between packs was because they were working on their next packs, so right now they are working on their packs for 2022 for example. But now kits will add development time to that.
  • Options
    elelunicy wrote: »
    A Gamepack is more likely though because we got an Expansion in November. We're way overdue for a Gamepack.

Yeah it's probably too late for them to announce an EP now, so a game pack is more likely.

I always thought the April survey of last year was for a potential game pack. If they selected a theme after the survey, it's totally plausible they're just finishing up the pack now for a late March release.

t0qsBwO.png

I'm expecting a trailer on the 9th or the 16th...
  • Options

t0qsBwO.png

And a teaser the day before.
  • Options

t0qsBwO.png

Shopping Malls would be nice.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i like highschool and growing pains not in to malls in real life so not intrested.
  • Options
    I'd like growing pains, Story Progresion and American High School.
  • Options

t0qsBwO.png

And a teaser the day before.

Yes, so excited for tomorrow!
  • Options

t0qsBwO.png

I'm hoping it's Romance but malls are a close 2nd.