Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A new pack type, the "Kit" is coming. Aka "Sims 3 store, 5 bucks for two chairs" is here

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2021
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Are kits left over stuff they left out of stuff packs and others? like that fit kit? Couldn't some of that been included in one of the stuff packs or something about fitness? Squeeze every dime? Is this stuff that wound up on the cutting room floor and they decided to gather it all up and start selling it? Just wondering.
    In my mind, they have people making these things specifically for the kits.

Ok, then I guess this is going to be like TS3's store sets? If they turn out like TS3's store sets, I hope they would consider selling just one item sometimes, like the TS3 store did, when I wanted a violin but not the full world I would have to buy to get it. Or like complete your set like TS3's store.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    @Pamtastic72 I saw that yesterday and debated whether to post it. I decided not because even in the face of evidence some people are gonna believe what they want to believe.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2021
    Fuzzy math, my friend. Let's look at it cost per price item. If something cost $20 but has 60+ items (also adding in more for clothes, hats and hair etc.) then that price is far cheaper than Only 23 items at $5.00 or whatever it will be. Do the math. For $15 more I got much more than a pack with only 5 items and an animation, for $5 or whatever. It's not that lucrative for a player who could wind up spending $50 for several kits but only a handful of content. Much like TS3's store items. Conclusion it seems cheaper but in the long run, it is not and filling up a SSD with packs that eat up the storage size (many don't have a 1TB SSD, I don't)..and an over bloated game files plus handing out $5s like candy for (in some cases) have no more content than a recolor would offer and or a hand of items like the five items in Dust. And No, I will never pay custom creators for creations. I'm a throwback to a time where pay sites were to some of us an abomination. And I won't pay EA to bring that type of transaction to my game, either, paying creators for their stuff. The Sims community was about sharing not paying others.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    There is a reason why I have never understood the glorification of Sims 3. Including pricing and the Store.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    There is a reason why I have never understood the glorification of Sims 3. Including pricing and the Store.

I’ve always been very against the Store myself. Aside from being overpriced IMO, owning a lot of store content would actually overwhelm the game even more.

One of the biggest redeeming factors for The Sims 4 for me was the omission of the Store. But now with a whopping four categories of DLC packs and expansions feeling so neglected, it’s getting kind of out of hand to me.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I wonder what time the new kits will be presented! And how. Really excited!

Release date: March 2, 2021 10:00 AM PST on Origin
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Wow it's really going to be today!
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    melsimmelsim Posts: 9 New Member
    So its confirmed, 5 usd for kits
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Just bought them, wooooo! :D
  • Options
    > @Holiday said:
    > Just bought them, wooooo! :D

me too ))
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    melsim wrote: »

So as usual, us Brits are being ripped off.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I will buy them now :D !!
  • Options
    > @calaprfy said:
    > So as usual, us Brits are being ripped off.

Same for us in EU, 5 euro instead
  • Options
    mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member
    edited March 2021
    In Brazil the three kits together costs more than a game pack lol I was on the fence but now it's a hard pass for me :| Except only if they release one that I truly deeply want :'(:'(
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    $6.99 in Canada. And they're all the same price, despite the fact that they're clearly not equal in content. What is even going on?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

So as usual, us Brits are being ripped off.

I thought the same but actually it's just VAT which makes it more expensive here. In the states VAT is added after purchase so their packs are more expensive than $5 in the end, and we have higher VAT rates in Europe so it makes it 10%-20% higher for us :s Sadly governments are to blame for this one not the Sims team
  • Options
    Disappointed but not surprised to see them $5 each, I won't be buying but hope those who want the items will enjoy them :)
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited March 2021
    Onverser wrote: »
    Disappointed but not surprised to see them $5 each, I won't be buying but hope those who want the items will enjoy them :)

Honestly, I thought 2.99 would’ve been a great and fair price. These are more expensive than TS3 Store sets from what I’ve seen shared:

TS3 Edwardian Kitchen: 15 items for 4.07
    TS3 Bayside Kitchen: 24 items for 4.99

TS4: Country Kitchen Kit: 13 items, 1 Wall, 1 floor: 4.99
  • Options

Too expensive for me. Even if I was interested.
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Honestly, I thought 2.99 would’ve been a great and fair price. These are more expensive than TS3 Store sets from what I’ve seen shared:

For me, for the two packs with no added mechanics it would have to be less than $2.50. For the dust pack $2.90 for an added mechanic. I am still not interested in it, but somewhere there.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Although I do agree somewhat on the pricing the kits (at least the kitchen & dust one) also contain some gameplay and in 3 only premium content got that I believe. (Been awhile)
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    So they could have put all of this into a pack and made a decent (but not good) Stuff Pack and charge 10 bucks. Instead, we got them all separately and they cost 15 bucks altogether.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    The cleaning one actually sounds pretty interesting from the livestream tbh. Sounds like there's a lot of things you can do with it and multiple aspirations, for people who enjoy laundry and that kind of gameplay they'd probably get a lot of enjoyment from it for the price.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    @Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Keep in mind that TS3 store permanently reduced the price of nearly all sets, just shortly before TS4 came out.

For example:

Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set is currently 608 SimPoints for 15 items.

https://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?scategoryId=&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:50393

However, its original price was 750 SimPoints, as noted in this blog post from 2012.

http://stikystuffsblog.weebly.com/store-set-reviews/fabulous-fiesta

Edwardian Kitchen was also 750 SimPoints:

http://aznsensei.blogspot.com/2013/09/midnight-hollow-store-world-review.html?m=1
    qidpmcvgek8y.png