Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A new pack type, the "Kit" is coming. Aka "Sims 3 store, 5 bucks for two chairs" is here

Comments

• Options
    MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Nikkih wrote: »

I would say the reason probably some is excited for this, is I would say this would be the good point in having this, in packs theres a theme everything that gets added to the pack has to go with the theme, with this things can get added without needing a pack and theme @Marinuttonen

Yeah, not everyone can get what they want in a game, like me who has been waiting for pet bunnies since the year 2000, but that doesn't mean we should support EA handing us garbage they cut out because they wanted to sell it to us for a higher price.

I feel like we need a reality check, TS2 stuff packs featured 60-100 items depending on the pack
    TS4 stuff packs feature 40-70 items depending on the pack

So what you're excited now, is those 20-30 items cut from the stuff pack average o/
    (I would include TS3 too but I could not find any source for the exact item amounts)

Okay, but let's not warp reality while we check it. Sims 2 and Sims 3 stuff packs also cost twice the amount of Sims 4 stuff packs. Sims 2 and Sims 3 stuff packs were $19.99 USD (except Katie Perry Sweet Treats, which was $30.00 USD yikes!) and Sims 4 Stuff Packs are $9.99 USD.

Are you sure? I'm not sure about ts TS3 (I never bought any), but I remember TS2 stuff packs being 9,99 e in my country
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited February 2021
    Well, now that this is a thing, at least there's a higher chance of them releasing a retro throwback Kit with landlines, the classic Sims 1 hot tub, the mechanical bull and pinball machines. One can only hope.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    Well, now that this is a thing, at least there's a higher chance of them releasing a retro throwback Kit with landlines, the classic Sims 1 hot tub, the mechanical bull and pinball machines. One can only hope.

That would be fantastic!
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    In other words they are going to gouge us for items we can get for free from CC makers.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    May I remind all of you, that since it's been confirmed they are working on Sims5, that this may be a 'trial run' for a feature they may use in it? It's not like it hasn't been done before. They brought a Store into Sims2, to ready us for it in Sims3, after all. It could also be that these 'kits' will be a little more specialized for those players who want such stuff. I'm not at all worried or surprised. As long as the price isn't sky high.

Where has it been confirmed they are working on Sims 5? Please provide a link.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I don't see how you would. They just cut content from stuff packs into a more minor packs, and I'm really afraid the introduction Kit Packs will shrink the amount of content you get in SP. Maxis isn't type of studio to just shoe out more BB content (cause frankly, requires more a single tear of sweat that they don't like), just because they decided to market a new pack type. It may look like there releasing more content than ever, but all it is their releasing a forth type to play minds that they're not splitting up the content from stuff packs into its own fancy PACK label.
    Exactly. There is no reason to believe this is more content, just different distribution of it to get more money, with the perception of providing more. The My First Pet situation should have made that very clear. They kind of gave the game away on that one.

I mean, it's already clear just from the names of these kits we've seen that in terms of theme, the cleaning kit could have been put in Laundry Stuff. The fitness kit could have been put in Fitness Stuff.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

I would say the reason probably some is excited for this, is I would say this would be the good point in having this, in packs theres a theme everything that gets added to the pack has to go with the theme, with this things can get added without needing a pack and theme @Marinuttonen

Yeah, not everyone can get what they want in a game, like me who has been waiting for pet bunnies since the year 2000, but that doesn't mean we should support EA handing us garbage they cut out because they wanted to sell it to us for a higher price.

I feel like we need a reality check, TS2 stuff packs featured 60-100 items depending on the pack

So what you're excited now, is those 20-30 items cut from the stuff pack average o/
    (I would include TS3 too but I could not find any source for the exact item amounts)

Okay, but let's not warp reality while we check it. Sims 2 and Sims 3 stuff packs also cost twice the amount of Sims 4 stuff packs. Sims 2 and Sims 3 stuff packs were $19.99 USD (except Katie Perry Sweet Treats, which was $30.00 USD yikes!) and Sims 4 Stuff Packs are $9.99 USD.

Are you sure? I'm not sure about ts TS3 (I never bought any), but I remember TS2 stuff packs being 9,99 e in my country

Yes, definitely, in the US. I owned every Sims 2 pack and the Stuff Packs were the ones I was always hesitant to get, or didn't buy right away, or tried to get on sale because I always felt that they were overpriced. It was just "stuff" for half the cost of an EP and back then, that money felt like even more because wages and the economy were essentially at lower rates. Sims 3 Stuff Packs, same deal. And although I didn't buy any packs at all for Sims 3 until a couple of years ago when they were only $5 each, it was only EPs for that price and I don't plan to buy any of those Stuff Packs either because they're just not worth the cost.

This is why I've always been okay with Sims 4 Stuff Packs and felt they were more consumer friendly, especially packs like Paranormal, Laundry Day, Knitting, Vintage Glamour, and maybe a few others, because they actually have more juicy content that make it worth the cost for me. I feel that most (and that's most, not all) SPs are decent, small, stand-alone themes that didn't need to be wedged into an EP to sacrifice for something that fits the theme better. They are the kinds of things that not all players want or need and allow to customize the game to your own preferences.

So because of this, I'm still not sure how I feel about the Kit Packs. In one way they seem redundant, but on the other hand, there could be a good reason (or two or three) for them that I can think of, so I'm keeping an open mind. I'm very curious to know more about them.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member
    Genkider wrote: »
    Genkider wrote: »
    I like how even the title of the thread is biased when we don't know anything about these kits lol. I'll wait until they officially reveal them to make an opinion.

@Genderkider There is not much more to know. We basically already know that these will be new pack types and they will cost some money. That's enough for the OP to make this thread and I see nothing biased with it. But if you do maybe you can point out the biased part.

I mean you'd have to be blind not to notice the title is clearly written in a negative way and also adds a price to it which hasn't been confirmed yet. I'm not saying it's not possible for them to release them at 5 bucks but it's a bit misleading at this point.
    I don't think it's bad either, just find it funny that we are already jumping to conclusions, but if it does turn out to be as the OP says I will take back my words 🤣

@Genderkider I think it was just metaphorically speaking, it's a hyperbola, people tend to use that in speech, not to be taken for real.

But what we do know is that this will be a new pack type, that will cost less money than already existsing packs, and will come with less content as well, similar to what the Sims 3 store did. That is kind of what the title implies. It doesn't imply that the pack will surely cost 5$, it's just a way to try and illustrate the situation.

Oh, if that's the case then it definitely flew over my head. Sorry if I took it the wrong way, I do agree that it will probably be a cheaper pack with less content.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I dont understand why people are this annoyed about it, this isnt going to affect expansions and game packs and guess what you dont have to buy it, nobody forces you to buy anything, I'm not soo bothered about it because if I dont like them, I wont buy them, its really that simple for me, I personally think of those as a little bit extra that's all

This, exactly this. Who has goon squads from EA showing up at their home forcing them to buy anything if they don’t want it. As I said on another thread, this game is my primary hobby and I welcome anything that allows me to customize and expand it. I will more than likely end up with all three of these in my game in fairly short order, others will skip them entirely and that’s cool too. EA’s goal is to entertain and make profits doing it. It’s capitalism, they aren’t harming anyone with these packs. It’s a choice, buy them or don’t. It’s that simple.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I dont understand why people are this annoyed about it, this isnt going to affect expansions and game packs and guess what you dont have to buy it, nobody forces you to buy anything, I'm not soo bothered about it because if I dont like them, I wont buy them, its really that simple for me, I personally think of those as a little bit extra that's all

This, exactly this. Who has goon squads from EA showing up at their home forcing them to buy anything if they don’t want it. As I said on another thread, this game is my primary hobby and I welcome anything that allows me to customize and expand it. I will more than likely end up with all three of these in my game in fairly short order, others will skip them entirely and that’s cool too. EA’s goal is to entertain and make profits doing it. It’s capitalism, they aren’t harming anyone with these packs. It’s a choice, buy them or don’t. It’s that simple.

@Pamtastic72 Again, bigger picture. Some people see the franchise becoming more and more cash-grabbing. The packs we get often lack stuff we could have gotten but were included in smaller pack My first Pet stuff being the best example. Some people wanted small pets in the Cats and Dogs expansion and not have to pay more money to get them.
    Some people just don't want to support this because it might make EA think they can get away with anything and they can charge us for anything they want. The gaming industry is headed in that direction. Games are becoming more and more empty because companies want to make DLC to charge extra.
    I understand this is your hobby and you are allowed to do whatever you want. But it's not only about you. Some people care to see the long-term effects that it has when we enable this kind of behaviort. Especially on other simmers who play the game.

If you don't agree nobody forces you to but I'm trying to make you understand why some people see the bigger picture and not see only their own enjoyment.

Hope you understand it now.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    People 🐸🐸🐸🐸 a lot about the TS3 store, but I purchased several items there that were indispensable to my gameplay.

I guess for me it comes down to this: often there aren't that many items in a stuff pack that I actually like, but there's usually one thing* that I really want, so I end up paying $10 for a single item. (Or $5, because I'll generally wait for a sale in that case.)

So, if a "kit" is $5 for 1 item (or a micro set of 2-3 items) that I want, as opposed to buying a $10 stuff pack with also only 1-3 items that I want, plus having to scroll through an extra 10-15 items that I don't want... well, kits seems like a no-brainer to me.

(*That being said, the more recent stuff packs have been higher quality, and even some of the older items had multiple things I liked, but it's very hit or miss for me.)

Also worth noting that even if we assume a kit price of around $5, the TS3 store regularly had discounts of 50% or more, so I would say it's fairly likely that will still be the case.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2021
    Bastet wrote: »
    Vaccuum cleaners and tracksuits, huh? They're already very unpleasant items irl and their pixelated versions are gonna be sold for 5 dollars. EA is a bad joke.

That's the real housewives of Scotland you just described 🤣 wit ye trying tae say ? 😂 @Bastet
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    greydonn wrote: »
    Where is this information, and what is a kit?

https://twitter.com/SimsVIP/status/1365031652515336213

I have yet to see any official confirmation if for example this is something old that was in the code that was meant to be picked up years earlier and they backtracked on it instead, and it was never intended to be used but never removed it either. So in the end this datamined detail without context doesn't mean anything.

I'm not going to jump on this particular bandwagon like the few dozen others here until there is an actual confirmation that this is coming. If it does come, i'll have an opinion on it at an appropriate time.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    greydonn wrote: »
    Where is this information, and what is a kit?

https://twitter.com/SimsVIP/status/1365031652515336213

I have yet to see any official confirmation if for example this is something old that was in the code that was meant to be picked up years earlier and they backtracked on it instead, and it was never intended to be used but never removed it either. So in the end this datamined detail without context doesn't mean anything.

I'm not going to jump on this particular bandwagon like the few dozen others here until there is an actual confirmation that this is coming. If it does come, i'll have an opinion on it at an appropriate time.

EA confirmed it.

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Madachan88 wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I'm...actually interested LOL

I was thinking the same. :D

Me three.

Me four :)

It's not like I have to buy anything.

Makes me five

Hopefully the kits are not overpriced like some stuff from the Sims 3 store.

Do we have enough for a team yet? Put me in coach. ;)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I gosh darn hope you're right about this being a hint I know you're probably half-joking but how could people NOT want to have a bunny ?! I'm sure it'd sell like hot cakes if they made the bunnies like cats & dogs coz bunny breeds are ADORABLE.

I honestly feel like there must at least be somebody in the sims team who really likes bunnies, cuz of their many afore mentioned appearances, of course I do not know if those are actual hints but I hope so!
    you know...I have half a mind to get that vacuum kit just for the dust bunnies, I'd never have my sims vacuum tho cause I'd want those bunnies arround all the time!
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    I don't think they have ever been in the Sims have they? I didn't have Sims 1 so I am not entirely sure, but I agree I would love to have bunnies added to the game. I had one as a kid, they are so cute.

there have been bunnies in the sims freeplay, it were outside pens containing only one bunny each, but still....it was my favorite thing about that game.

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Madachan88 wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I'm...actually interested LOL

I was thinking the same. :D

Me three.

Me four :)

It's not like I have to buy anything.

Makes me five

Hopefully the kits are not overpriced like some stuff from the Sims 3 store.

Do we have enough for a team yet? Put me in coach. ;)

Can I play? 😆
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2021
    Btw Somebody please make a thread on the new story progression rumors and long term wants. I'm too lazy to do it🥴
    Thanks in advance.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited February 2021
    Triplis wrote: »
    I don't see how you would. They just cut content from stuff packs into a more minor packs, and I'm really afraid the introduction Kit Packs will shrink the amount of content you get in SP. Maxis isn't type of studio to just shoe out more BB content (cause frankly, requires more a single tear of sweat that they don't like), just because they decided to market a new pack type. It may look like there releasing more content than ever, but all it is their releasing a forth type to play minds that they're not splitting up the content from stuff packs into its own fancy PACK label.
    Exactly. There is no reason to believe this is more content, just different distribution of it to get more money, with the perception of providing more. The My First Pet situation should have made that very clear. They kind of gave the game away on that one.

I mean, it's already clear just from the names of these kits we've seen that in terms of theme, the cleaning kit could have been put in Laundry Stuff. The fitness kit could have been put in Fitness Stuff.

Laundry stuff and fitness stuff was made long ago so the development that they put into those packs are long gone and we would never have seen the content in these kits for those packs... but I agree that this will be most likely be cut from packs, most likely upcoming packs because I have a hard time seeing how they are going to make multiple expansion packs, game packs, stuff packs and kits in one year. But we will see.
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Vaccuum cleaners and tracksuits, huh? They're already very unpleasant items irl and their pixelated versions are gonna be sold for 5 dollars. EA is a bad joke.

That's the real housewives of Scotland you just described 🤣 wit ye trying tae say ? 😂 @Bastet

As a Scottish person, I LOVE THIS.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Holiday wrote: »

As a Scottish person, I LOVE THIS.

It was right there 😂 , joggies are actually comfy tae dae the hoosework hovering (vacuuming) to Queen I want to break free 🤣 @Holiday
    Post edited by Nikkih on
  • Options
    Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member

^^ the sims 2 stuff packs cost 19.90e same for sims 3. In generall sims 4 stuff packs are half the prize.
    But this can be different depanding where you live.
    Some countries ( at least brazil) had and still has 'cheaper' prices due to currency/income differenses. But if i remember right, ( can correct me if i'm wrong) sims 4 raised those 'currency balanced' prices after cats and dogst. Meaning sims 4 packs take now bigger piece of theyre total income than they did before they raised it.
    So for those people this ofc won't apply and for them it's so much more expensive now. Like the prizes for games is crazy there and i can't imagine what would it be like to be a simmer there :(
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    It was right there 😂 , joggies are actually comfy tae dae the hoosework hovering (vacuuming) to Queen I want to break free 🤣 @Holiday
    I loved that video 😄 I wonder if we could remake it simlish style?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I loved that video 😄 I wonder if we could remake it simlish style?

Its Brilliant I love Freddie Mercury and maybe I'd like to see that 😂@elanorbreton
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    They’re testing out ideas for The Sims 5.

The clownery of thinking your 7 year old product held together by glue and band-aids is worthy of yet ANOTHER line of DLC packs. 🤡

So glad I stopped purchasing packs a long time ago, and I DEFINITELY don’t plan on starting again with a mess like this.