Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A new pack type, the "Kit" is coming. Aka "Sims 3 store, 5 bucks for two chairs" is here

Comments

• Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited February 2021
    Ofc this will cost more if i want more stuff but i also get more stuff i want.
    I don't see how you would. They just cut content from stuff packs into a more minor packs, and I'm really afraid the introduction Kit Packs will shrink the amount of content you get in SP. Maxis isn't type of studio to just shoe out more BB content (cause frankly, requires more a single tear of sweat that they don't like), just because they decided to market a new pack type. It may look like there releasing more content than ever, but all it is their releasing a forth type to play minds that they're not splitting up the content from stuff packs into its own fancy PACK label.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Wow, I am freaking astounded. :angry: Just when I thought the bar was already in ❤️❤️❤️❤️ for this game they found a new way to dropper it even lower! They seriously sat here and found a new way to split up freaking stuff pack?! As if ❤️❤️❤️❤️ isn't split up enough in this game. Everything is being ripped or cut up to make us keep paying for less, it's no wonder they came up with this scheme of a plan cause they see that it's actually working. I see sims 5 headed in this direction, we need to go ahead and pull the plug cause this franchise is on it's last leg. This picture pretty much sums up sims 4 and what might possible be sims 5.

ZxJBm5G.jpg[img][/img]

The deluxe edition cup of cola has no cola in it. :lol:
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I am intrigued and would like to learn more.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    This isnt exactly something different there was a store in the sims 2, the sims 3, are we all really this surprised 😂
  • Options
    MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    This isnt exactly something different there was a store in the sims 2, the sims 3, are we all really this surprised 😂

There was, but the packs were also more substantial :(
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • Options
    edited February 2021

There was, but the packs were also more substantial :(

I know, but the sims 4 is still in development there still will be expansion and game packs, we need a good year for the sims 4 definitely, I'm going to keep an open mind atm @Marinuttonen
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited February 2021

@Nikkih I'm just surprised they added a fourth pack type. I thought the stuff packs were meant to replace the bundles from the Sims 3 store but now we're getting more. It's like the Sims 4 has two stores now :P

Also something that is weird to me is that they are adding these in 2021. There are different ways to interpret that but from my point of view it seems like they might be abandoning other pack types or releasing them more rarely in preparation for another game. I think their idea could have been "Since people don't want the Sims 4 to end, we will keep releasing kits after the game cycle is finished and we move on to the new game". So maybe they are trying to keep the game alive for the players who will stick around by releasing small DLCs developed by a small number of people while they move the rest of the team to new projects.

That is definitely a strech though, it's really just an assumption.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    edited February 2021

@Nikkih I'm just surprised they added a fourth pack type. I thought the stuff packs were meant to replace the bundles from the Sims 3 store but now we're getting more. It's like the Sims 4 has two stores now :P

Also something that is weird to me is that they are adding these in 2021. There are different ways to interpret that but from my point of view it seems like they might be abandoning other pack types or releasing them more rarely in preparation for another game. I think their idea could have been "Since people don't want the Sims 4 to end, we will keep releasing kits after the game cycle is finished and we move on to the new game". So maybe they are trying to keep the game alive for the players who will stick around by releasing small DLCs developed by a small number of people while they more the rest of the team to new projects.

That is definitely a strech though, it's really just an assumption.

I totally understand and agree, to be honest i hope they will end stuff packs if they are doing this, it would be a bit much, maybe yes aswell once the sims 4 is over they might still release kits for those that dont want to join the sims 5 🤣 we seem to be agreeing alot more in this thread than the other 😂😂, I would only disagree that the sims 4 is ending soon, with this, its became very hard to tell lol @SimmerGeorge
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    In a way this sort of feels like an "end of game life" thing. Like they're pushing out all the content that didn't make it into packs and getting it all out in the quickest and easiest way possible before moving on..

I had a very similar thought. All the things that didn't make it into other packs just cobbled together to form "kits" ... assets they've already paid for can make some cha-ching on them before wrapping up the game.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I think this is why EA keeps microtransactions around, that 4 million dollar difference. https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinanderton/2018/03/07/the-on-going-controversy-of-microtransactions-in-gaming-infographic/?sh=5cab0ae1d9c5

This was a fun article too. I remember watching a documentary how gambling is the poor man's tax, so why microtransactions do so well. There is one thing a step up that is worst are loot boxes which are thankfully banned in several countries.
    spokesman.com/stories/2020/jul/09/game-on-microtransactions-are-rampant-in-the-gamin/

"This form of microtransaction has been shown to perpetuate gambling issues, according to a study done by the Royal Society of Open Science, “adolescents and loot boxes.” The study shows that older adolescents who spent money on loot boxes displayed more than twice as high measurements of problem gambling than those who did not, and that adolescent problem gamblers spent more than five times as much money on loot boxes than those who did not have a gambling addiction."

but this isn't loot boxes for it to be gamble you have to not know what your going to get @Scobre

play games of chance for money; bet.

take risky action in the hope of a desired result.
    "the British could only gamble that something would turn up"

at worst this could only cause poor money habits
    if anything at all the sims 3 and sims 2 both had stores
    edited because there was more copied then I wanted

also I want to add I don't think microtransactions are all bad I don't think cheating people is good but
    getting more of what you like is also loot boxes need to die
    I never cared for the stores and still don't. What I am worried about is that last time there was a store pirating was encouraged by influencers and nothing was done about it. Thousands of dollars worth of DLC was taken from Gurus for all their hard work. So I am just worried that it will happen again. Doing patches would be the safer route but I think EA is going to do this since their mobile games have content packs like kits too to test if microtransactions can sustain a MMO Sims 5 like their other online games and sports games. Yeah loot boxes do. Just seen how microtransactions killed Gaiaonline and the old CEO nicknamed Goldemort took off with all the money. It wasn't a pleasant experience as why many people left it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    TS1299 wrote: »
    ULTIMATE PLOT TWIST

We are arguing how much this kits will cost but it turns out they just renamed the "Free Content" To "Kits" Because of the anniversary 😂😂😂

Never gonnae happen 🤣 its EA, what are you hoping for 😂😂 £5 for gumball machine 😜
  • Options
    I can only hope they're pushing the last of this content out before the curtain closes on TS4. God have i waited a long time. Sims 5 might turn out to be even worse, but we'll have to see.

@StrawberryYogurt Me, I'm kind of torn. Though I am looking forward to a new Sims game and hope these "kits" are indication of The Sims 4 coming to an end, I also don't want them to rush it too much. We don't know when they started developing the Sims 5. It could be they started in 2016 after they saw that the Sims 4 sold a lot, it could also be they started in 2018 which would mean a Sims 5 release would be really rushed.
    I just wish they take their time with a new game to avoid making the same mistakes they previously did.

But I am pretty certain that even though we are getting "kits", 2021 will still be a normal Sims 4 year. I think they will still be releasing content according to their normal schedule, at least for this year. I think the kits will show their purpose after this year has passed. What happens next year is anybody's guess.
  • Options
    Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Ofc this will cost more if i want more stuff but i also get more stuff i want.
    I don't see how you would. They just cut content from stuff packs into a more minor packs, and I'm really afraid the introduction Kit Packs will shrink the amount of content you get in SP. Maxis isn't type of studio to just shoe out more BB content (cause frankly, requires more a single tear of sweat that they don't like), just because they decided to market a new pack type. It may look like there releasing more content than ever, but all it is their releasing a forth type to play minds that they're not splitting up the content from stuff packs into its own fancy PACK label.

If the packs stays at the same size i think this is just good. Otherwise some small ideas woudnt come to sims 4 and if they would they would also take space for other features coming to packs.
    They maybe had some cool ideast after they have already released some pack and maybe that idea wouldnt fit any other pack. Then they can use it here and make other things to other packs.
    Ofc they shouldnt lower this from other packs. That would be the problem.
    These are small and really optional so if people don't want them they don't have to. For me it's nicer to get to choose from these since i don't use cc that much. So more stuff is welcomed.
    I don't also mind to pay something someone make or something i like. If i get my moneys worth its win-win. And i have gotten even tho there might be some disappointment. Otherwise i wouldn't bought it.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    May I remind all of you, that since it's been confirmed they are working on Sims5, that this may be a 'trial run' for a feature they may use in it? It's not like it hasn't been done before. They brought a Store into Sims2, to ready us for it in Sims3, after all. It could also be that these 'kits' will be a little more specialized for those players who want such stuff. I'm not at all worried or surprised. As long as the price isn't sky high.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member
    I like how even the title of the thread is biased when we don't know anything about these kits lol. I'll wait until they officially reveal them to make an opinion.
  • Options
    Genkider wrote: »
    I like how even the title of the thread is biased when we don't know anything about these kits lol. I'll wait until they officially reveal them to make an opinion.

@Genderkider There is not much more to know. We basically already know that these will be new pack types and they will cost some money. That's enough for the OP to make this thread and I see nothing biased with it. But if you do maybe you can point out the biased part.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

I would say the reason probably some is excited for this, is I would say this would be the good point in having this, in packs theres a theme everything that gets added to the pack has to go with the theme, with this things can get added without needing a pack and theme @Marinuttonen

Yeah, not everyone can get what they want in a game, like me who has been waiting for pet bunnies since the year 2000, but that doesn't mean we should support EA handing us garbage they cut out because they wanted to sell it to us for a higher price.

I feel like we need a reality check, TS2 stuff packs featured 60-100 items depending on the pack
    TS4 stuff packs feature 40-70 items depending on the pack

So what you're excited now, is those 20-30 items cut from the stuff pack average o/
    (I would include TS3 too but I could not find any source for the exact item amounts)

Okay, but let's not warp reality while we check it. Sims 2 and Sims 3 stuff packs also cost twice the amount of Sims 4 stuff packs. Sims 2 and Sims 3 stuff packs were $19.99 USD (except Katie Perry Sweet Treats, which was $30.00 USD yikes!) and Sims 4 Stuff Packs are $9.99 USD.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Farming is too extensive for a kit. It needs a full expansion pack. You need to include new worlds, crops, and fully functioning farm animals at the very least.

I can maybe agree that it may be too extensive for a kit, and that the comment could just be my distaste for the idea of a farm pack. (The animals are the only thing I'd want.) But I can in no way see how it could be a full expansion pack. What you mentioned is about as in depth as I think it could go. So maybe a game pack? For the record, I also don't see how Eco Lifestyle could be a full expansion either despite the fact I have some interest in it, so it's not just because I'm not into the idea.

• Options
    GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member

@Genderkider There is not much more to know. We basically already know that these will be new pack types and they will cost some money. That's enough for the OP to make this thread and I see nothing biased with it. But if you do maybe you can point out the biased part.

I mean you'd have to be blind not to notice the title is clearly written in a negative way and also adds a price to it which hasn't been confirmed yet. I'm not saying it's not possible for them to release them at 5 bucks but it's a bit misleading at this point.
    I don't think it's bad either, just find it funny that we are already jumping to conclusions, but if it does turn out to be as the OP says I will take back my words 🤣
  • Options

I mean you'd have to be blind not to notice the title is clearly written in a negative way and also adds a price to it which hasn't been confirmed yet. I'm not saying it's not possible for them to release them at 5 bucks but it's a bit misleading at this point.
    I don't think it's bad either, just find it funny that we are already jumping to conclusions, but if it does turn out to be as the OP says I will take back my words 🤣

@Genderkider I think it was just metaphorically speaking, it's a hyperbola, people tend to use that in speech, not to be taken for real.

But what we do know is that this will be a new pack type, that will cost less money than already existsing packs, and will come with less content as well, similar to what the Sims 3 store did. That is kind of what the title implies. It doesn't imply that the pack will surely cost 5$, it's just a way to try and illustrate the situation.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 2021
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I am not saying I will never get any kit. If they ever make pet dragons, smaller objects (telescope, dollhouse, cupcake machine) or medieval items, I might get them. But those will be the exceptions.

otherwise agree with comment and smaller items yes but oh lord please no putting awesome grand concepts like dragons and medieval into tiny kits they deserve ep or gp at very least

if they really must do these kits of theirs id like it to be more like furniture or cas based

like makeup kit or someone mentioned arcade and yeah i wouldn't mind that as kit cause idk what broader theme it could really relate to but is fun
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Bearly_MediaBearly_Media Posts: 124 Member
    What's the difference between a KIT and a STUFF pack?

The worst thing about this is more needless categories for things I call DLC.

The best thing is adding dust and vacuuming to the game. I love new core gameplay content.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited February 2021
    It’s gonna be a mess in France, SPs are called “object kits” here.
    What's the difference between a KIT and a STUFF pack?

The worst thing about this is more needless categories for things I call DLC.

The best thing is adding dust and vacuuming to the game. I love new core gameplay content.

• Options
    Stayc615 wrote: »
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    Sadly for the people that are outraged, I'm actually excited about Vacuuming and I am still giggling that Onverser predicted this! :D

:smiley:
    Well I am on his side of things; it is clear that I do not share 80% of the community's taste; I only bought Laundry and Knitting on > 50% off sales. I even boycotted the vote for the second pack since Laundry won the first, making it clear to me that nothing I am interested in would ever win a vote here.

Out of curiosity, what are you interested in? Occults? Cuz that seems to be one that gets downvoted a lot

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I want to answer. Because YES. I am interested in occults and I wish they got more love. :disappointed:

I want Superheroes, Werewolves, Demons, Angels, Fairies, Unicorns and more.
  • Options
    May I remind all of you, that since it's been confirmed they are working on Sims5, that this may be a 'trial run' for a feature they may use in it? It's not like it hasn't been done before. They brought a Store into Sims2, to ready us for it in Sims3, after all. It could also be that these 'kits' will be a little more specialized for those players who want such stuff. I'm not at all worried or surprised. As long as the price isn't sky high.

This is sort of my thoughts on Kits as well. I don't have an issue with them being released and indeed if the point is to separate stuff like vacuuming, or maybe self-care in order to allow stuff packs, game packs, and expansions to focus on broader topics that can appeal to more people, they might even be a good thing if the price is decent. If it's over $5 and offers less than stuff packs (which I assume will be the case) then I might feel a little bitter and just wait for sales. But if its in the $2-$5 range, then I don't think it will be a bad thing at all.