Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Being Invited To Other Worlds

manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
Does anybody else find it annoying that your sims can be invited to another world by another sim? For instance, my sim lives on Sulani, and another sim who also lives on Sulani invited her to the park in Newcrest. Kinda takes the magic out of things! Is there a way to change this at all? Next it's going to be a sim on Mt. Komorebi invited to Sulani for the day! Lol.

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    That's perfectly normal in my game. I had a sim once ask my sim from Sulani to the Knights night at the bar in Sulani. It's a wonder their knights suits didn't rust by the end of the evening. :lol:
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited February 2021
    I find it annoying as well. I like to keep my sims mostly contained to their home world and a "neighborhood" world. Going to a vastly different world does NOT feel like a "night out to the bar" to me, it feels like travelling across the world in a few seconds and then zapping back. If my sim's traveling that far, it has to make sense, ex. staying at a hotel and making a holiday out of it - and that isn't easy on a Wednesday, as these calls usually aren't on weekends.

If a sim gets invited out, I wish they would be mostly limited to venues within that world. If there's a park in Sulani, don't invite me to Newcrest park etc.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Since I put community lots in Selvadorada and Granite Falls, sometimes the random outings happen there too.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Some worlds it makes sense that they'd be near enough for an evening out. I see Willow Creek, Newcrest and arguably Evergreen Harbor and Brindleton Bay as "suburbs" of San Myshuno. Likewise Oasis Springs and Strangerville for Del Sol Valley. And while they're (in my head) further out than Suburbs, I likewise cluster Windenberg, Glimmerbrook, Britechester and Forgotten Hollow.

Now, going from any of these clusters to another for a "night out" does stretch it a little, but I'm from the midwest. We once drove 4 hours for a college party.

Sulani and Mt. Komorebi, on the other hand... yeah, it can be a bit disconcerting. to just "pop over" to and from these places, as they strike me as being fairly distant - like Selvadorada.

But if I can only take one or the other, I'd rather have world hopping. Better when I want to find something to do and the weather isn't good where I am.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    It doesn't bother me. For me it's a Sim world and there are a lot of unrealistic things happening, for example Sims changing their clothes by jumping and spinning in the air or traveling through a wormhole to planet Sixam by a rocket ship and returning home the same day.
    I see Sims as some sort of aliens themselves, so it's just normal that their world is weird and very different than our real world. :)

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2021
    I usually don't accept the invitations when they take my sims to other worlds that I think are unrealistic for them to visit.

In my game I imagine that Sulani is an island far away from everything else in the game so generally I will have sims stay in Sulani unless it's for a vacation or university.

Mt.Komorebi I use the same rule except I will allow sims to travel to San Myshuno.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited February 2021
    I have a related issue with my detective. When going to a crime scene or on patrol he goes to any old neighbourhood.
    Twice he has processed scenes in Sulani.
    Like DaWaterRat, I would easily accept Willow Creek, Magnolia Promenade, Evergreen Harbor even Britechester or Newcrest.
    But when he goes to Oasis Springs desert or a tropical island I have a problem.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Yes, it's one of my biggest pet peeves about the game! I think they could at least give us the option (in the game settings) to only be invited to nearby venues. It'd help with the immersion.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who finds this annoying! Although, I have to admit I do actually see Kimmer's point too. It doesn't exactly all look realistic. My sim in Sulani will soon be a Mermaid in my story, so yeah...I guess it shouldn't bother me, but it does. :D

I guess I'll be like Sharonia and just ignore the invites if it isn't in my world. :)
  • Options
    NRowe wrote: »
    I have a related issue with my detective. When going to a crime scene or on patrol he goes to any old neighbourhood.
    Twice he has processed scenes in Sulani.
    Like DaWaterRat, I would easily accept Willow Creek, Magnolia Promenade, Evergreen Harbor even Britechester or Newcrest.
    But when he goes to Oasis Springs desert or a tropical island I have a problem.

I missed this post a minute ago. I have never played that career before, but if I ever do, that is really going to bother me, lol. I guess you have to take the cases too, otherwise you'd suffer consequences.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I actually don't mind it, because my Sims are spread out through the worlds in the save file I have, and it makes it easier for them to meet other Sims outside of their neighborhood. Plus, they can experience things too, which is nice too.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Does anybody else find it annoying that your sims can be invited to another world by another sim? For instance, my sim lives on Sulani, and another sim who also lives on Sulani invited her to the park in Newcrest. Kinda takes the magic out of things! Is there a way to change this at all? Next it's going to be a sim on Mt. Komorebi invited to Sulani for the day! Lol.

I find it annoying as well.
    I don’t see Forgotten Hollow anywhere near Oasis Springs but constantly get invites to the Oasis Springs Park. 🤦‍♂️

I’d love an option to set which worlds are linked etc.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't mind it at all. But I don't play like the worlds are really far apart from each other. I kind of think of it like some parts of California ... where you can have snow in the mountains and beaches less than a day away ... and green inland areas or forested areas. Makes it easier for me maybe, although I agree that the sim world is a fantasy so.. if the first doesn't work in my head the second does.
    Besides sometimes I can go to the vacation places "free" and look around until my sim has to go home.
    When I build linked neighborhoods though for rotational play I tend to put them together like Oasis Springs, Strangerville and Del Sol ... so I get it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited February 2021
    My sim is literally Hugo's neighbor, and he asked her out to that bar in Selvadorada, when there are like 5 bars and nightclubs just in Windenburg alone. Didn't even realize you could casually go so Selvadorada lol. In my head, I decided that the Villareals probably have a private jet that would make this possible lol, so I did accept the invite this time.

bKgO69i.png
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I don't mind it at all. But I don't play like the worlds are really far apart from each other. I kind of think of it like some parts of California ... where you can have snow in the mountains and beaches less than a day away ... and green inland areas or forested areas.

I like this way of thinking. I never really thought about it like that before.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited February 2021
    Daephene wrote: »
    Since I put community lots in Selvadorada and Granite Falls, sometimes the random outings happen there too.

Yes I’ve been invited to granite falls too, I wish we didn’t have to be on vacation to visit the community lots I have there on our own. People can invite us there, but we can’t travel to a community lot there otherwise ( unless on vacation ) doesn’t make sense.

Also, I wish we could set a later time to meet up with the person who calls so it doesn’t interrupt what my sim in currently doing. My sim would take another sims invite up more often if the time to meet was set say about 2 hours later from when they called.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Also, I wish we could set a later time to meet up with the person who calls so it doesn’t interrupt what my sim in currently doing. My sim would take another sims invite up more often if the time to meet was set say about 2 hours later from when they called.

@SheriSim57 YES, I completely agree with this! I feel like this should be possible since you can plan future events with the calendar feature in seasons
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited February 2021
    I don't find it annoying at all because I can opt to not accept the invitation if I feel that it's at an inappropriate location. or the invitation is made after midnight, or it's an invitation from a Sim that I have no interest in.

Detectives that go on patrol or investigate a crime scene at a cabin in Granite Falls or the bar in Selvadorada give my detectives a bonus of being able to look for collectibles without having to pay to go on vacation. Likewise, when they go on patrol and end up on the island in Windenburg or the bar in Sulani I see them as opportunities to find collectibles, take photos, or paint from reference. Options are good.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I don't really mind, as my personal interpretation of the game worlds are that most are reasonably close to each other. The ones that in my view are not, I say no. Also, it's less annoying to me than being asked on a date to a retail store. I'm like... what? It might be different if the caller planned to buy things for my sim, but... Yeah, like that would ever happen, lol. I say no to ALL such date requests, even if I like the caller.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I think this is annoying as well. I wish only sims from the same world would call invites. At least they could put it differently when traveling far - and there could even be a scheduled time say 3 hrs ahead. Instead of "Hey, let's stop by at the café in another world in one minute" it could say "I'm planning a day trip to far-away tomorrow morning - wanna join? They make it sound like if traveling from Sulani to Windenburg is "just down the street".

Such "down the street" calls should be limited to locations in your own world, and preferably also come from sims living in the same world.

Another geography annoyance is how family members keep randomly visit your university sim. Young sim travels from Windenburg to Britechester, and you know the next day his dad is paying the dorm a surprise visit (without being greeted, so he will eventually leave). The following day the student's mother is at the door. And the 3rd d ay his brother is there. In addition sims from all over "the universe" calls to invite your student to have a coffee with them in a far away world. "Hey son, I know you are a busy student and your final exam is in 6 hours, but mom just thought it was a perfect time to hang out with you!". Don't anyone think that a student actually is studying? I'm fine with one visit from family, but it happens way too often and without calling them first. I never let those visitors in, which makes it look even sillier.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    For me not so much since sim logic itself is odd and 'worlds' aren't worlds so much as they are neighborhoods. Only thing I take issue with is said sim inviting me out then ditches me. Or the weather is just bad in that world haha. I don't even put community lots in Bridelton it's like it's thunderstorms half the time haha.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I live in Australia. Where my parents live is under a 2 hour drive to a major city, the snow fields and the beach. So i see the worlds as regions that are all connected and easily accessible. So this issue doesnt bother me.

It would upset me if easy travel was removed for s more significant reason. The worlds are so small that in most places I have removed a lot of double up community lots eg. How many gyms do I really need? In favour of building more residential lots. So for example, everyone from every world has to go to one of the 2 gyms I have. Removing travel and invites would severely damage what lots sims had access to. It would also mean a lot less homes available. Sims 4 is not designed to have sims limited to distinct worlds.

After all, there is only 1 police ststion and 1 hospital for them all. Lack of travel doesnt make sense.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    It absolutely break the immersion for me and makes absolutely no sense. It's not a "cute" sims-thing to me, it's just broken AI and sign of the team not caring about the game.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    My sims only get invites to go places from fellow club members, so any sim not in a club gets none.

This could be because I own 50% of all DLC.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    It personally doesnt bother me, I've never seen sims as realistic, I love the fact my sims could travel to every world easily but I can understand why it would annoy some people, especially if it interferes with your story in the islands