Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who Turned Out The Lights?

All of a sudden the lights in my sims' home are aggressively turning themselves Off, I want them ON unless they're sleeping and this is how it used to work in my saves. Is this Lights Out a bug, a new feature or have I missed something? Can I force it back to Lights On And Stay On?

Comments

• Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    My lights are being kind of glitchy too. I can't change the color and intensity like I used to. Also, I'm having the opposite problem. I wanted to turn all my lights out for my new haunted house so my screen shots would be creepier, but the game keeps turning them back on.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I keep switching the lights back on too, it’s super annoying.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited January 2021
    @permanentrose We should swap lighting fixtures, it's plenty dark on my sims' lot. ;)

It may be a feature with the new Paranormal pack, I hope not. I was trying to send my sim over to the computer to order medicine but I couldn't find it or the or the lighting fixture to turn on because it was so dark. lol

@Dianesims Yeah, I had no idea the paranormal "ambiance" would be so dark, literally.

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    If your sim is living in a Haunted House lot type, the light settings in rooms will sometimes switch to Auto lights, regardless of your original setting. I'm not sure yet if they sometimes turn off as well, but it wouldn't surprise me.

If this is happening on non-Haunted House residential lots, then it's a bug.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    @DaWaterRat Yes, it is on a haunted lot and it is forcing auto lights on me. The spooky lighting flickerings and changes are totes cool but the auto turn off not so much, my sims and sim kids are going to fall down the stairs or something. Even in broad daylight, the house is like a windowless basement at times. I may have to turn it into a haunted glasshouse. :D
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Never mind the lights, the power in my house is terrible, and you can blame the Landgraabs and thunderstorms. Maybe it's just going through a phase because thunderstorms make people scared?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.