Sul sul Simmers! Join the celebration and tune into our Twitch live stream today, Feb 25th, @11 AM PT / 7 PM UTC! 🎉
Feburary 25: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!
February 26 - Is everyone ready for the Friday Highlights? Check them out here.
Welcome to all NEW SIMMERS joining us on the Sims forum! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.

Subscription Services in the Sims Yes or No?

124...Next

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 4,540 Member
    No, I am not okay with paying each month to play the game. I want the base game and packs, DLC to be sold for standard prices like always
    Sims is the only game I play. It is the only game I've played since it came out, other than the rare occasion I dabbled with something the kids had on one of our consoles. So even a subscription service that simply included Sims would be a waste for me. I've never even looked at EA play.
    It's also worth noting that even though my kids and husband all do play lots of other games, none has ever played anything that has a monthly fee.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 623 Member
    No, I am not okay with paying each month to play the game. I want the base game and packs, DLC to be sold for standard prices like always

As much as I enjoy the Sims 4, I have no interest in paying for a subscription or playing with other players. The Sims would lose all of its appeal if I had to rent the game.

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 7,733 Member
    edited February 21
    67619042.jpg
    OH ❤️❤️❤️❤️ NO!!!

That's a hard pass if they make Sims 5 subscription based.

I've already given the middle-finger to EA regarding Sims 4.

That'll be both hands in the air middle fingers out-stretched if they try to make Sims 5 a "rent to play"
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    I told you that TS5 will probably be a huge disappointment.
    Guess it's in good company then...
    The_Sims_4_Box_Art.png
    RiverMcIrishFanatic_rs.jpg
    Nikkei_Simmer's Sims 3 Blog - For more Sims 3 stories...

"The only conceivable use for a vampire is as a sharpened stick tester." ~ Haruo Chikamori, werewolf
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 286 Member
    If they make it a subscription service to play the Sims, I won't be playing it anymore. Money is tight and I can't afford to pay monthly for it. I've had to get rid of all my subscription services and games over the years because we just can't afford it. With the packs, I can save up the money while still playing what I already own, or I can wait for them to be on sale. I will be very disappointed and sad if they switch to a sub service :(
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Check out my new Simlit blog: A Tiger's Legacy | Forum Archive
    VeNGsvL.png
  • GamecubeLover26GamecubeLover26 Posts: 9 New Member
    I've always had a problem with the extraordinary amount of DLC and microtransactions the Sims franchise churns out. It's ridiculous. A subscription service would be the final nail in the coffin for this dying franchise.