June 24th- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Subscription Services in the Sims Yes or No?

12346...Next

Comments

• ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited June 4
    Other
    I voted Other.

Base game and DLC should continue as normal.

For online connectivity then I wouldn’t mind a monthly subscription to access multiplayer features. It does depend on who you know (or wish to play with) or if you’re willing to ‘give it a go’ with whoever else is logged in at the time.

Perhaps there’s certain worlds 🌎 accessed by multiplayer mode only. (Not sure if one world 🌎 would be enough anymore!)
    You don’t visit them to keep in single player mode. You pay the monthly fee to gain access to the worlds. You select each month whether you go go back.

Things that happen in a multiplayer world do not influence other worlds. There could be two save file functions to keep things separate.

My concerns are:
    Would you be able to use stuff bought in multiplayer mode if you don’t renew that month etc. 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

Also tracking progress and logging last achievements will need clarification as would you need to be ‘active’ to your keep saves or if you stay away too long that means starting over? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️
    I get Sims to use the new telescope 🔭 for science reasons… yes… 😉🪨👻😂
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,595 Member
    No, I am not okay with paying each month to play the game. I want the base game and packs, DLC to be sold for standard prices like always
    I voted Other.

Base game and DLC should continue as normal.

For online connectivity then I wouldn’t mind a monthly subscription to access multiplayer features. It does depend on who you know (or wish to play with) or if you’re willing to ‘give it a go’ with whoever else is logged in at the time.

Perhaps there’s certain worlds 🌎 accessed by multiplayer mode only. (Not sure if one world 🌎 would be enough anymore!)
    You don’t visit them to keep in single player mode. You pay the monthly fee to gain access to the worlds. You select each month whether you go go back.

Things that happen in a multiplayer world do not influence other worlds. There could be two save file functions to keep things separate.

My concerns are:
    Would you be able to use stuff bought in multiplayer mode if you don’t renew that month etc. 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

Also tracking progress and logging last achievements will need clarification as would you need to be ‘active’ to your keep saves or if you stay away too long that means starting over? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

No worlds or anything like that that is accessible by multiplayer only.

I do not want my available worlds to be limited just because I do not wish to subscribe or play multiplayer.

Multiplayer versions of worlds? Sure. But no multiplayer only worlds.

And achievements should not expire just because you didn't subscribe for a long enough period of time. That's just absurd. And if I achieved something only to come back after an extended break to find out that the achievement had been erased, I'd be done. That would be my final purchase of the entire game - include of the single player portion. At least for a very very very good long while. And I would never subscribe again and would likely reach out to EA to get the month or whatever I subscribed for refunded. Because I would not play it.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,629 Member
    edited June 17
    No, I am not okay with paying each month to play the game. I want the base game and packs, DLC to be sold for standard prices like always
    No, thanks. This is not like an MMO like Final Fantasy 14, etc. (And even then, I do prefer Elder Scrolls Online with the one-time paying of base games and expansion packs, to use a different MMO model, though.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • mikamika Posts: 1,718 Member
    Horrible idea and if they do go that route I will not be playing The Sims 5…
  • AraeliumAraelium Posts: 56 Member
    No, absolutely not. Sims 4 is already somewhat lacking, imo, and doing this to later games will just turn me off the franchise. And what about players who cannot afford it?
  • KurotardKurotard Posts: 376 Member
    ABSOLUTELY NOT.

I've paid enough for The Sims series already. If it goes sub based, I'm tapping out.