Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Generations Have you Gotten to In Your Game??

Comments

• Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I think I posted in here before, but if not, I am technically on Gen 1/Gen 2, but some of my families are made up of different generations in one. I tend to base my Sims on fandoms, like Frozen, but I have other save files as well.
    I usually start with my parent Sims already having a couple kids, and then having them have more kids in the game. Another family, I made the grandparents, their daughters, and one of their daughter's husband, I gave them two premade kids, and the parents gave birth to a son. So, set up is grandparents, parents, an aunt, and kids.
    Other save files, have parents, and their 6 kids, four premade, and two born in the game. Another family in that same save file, is a mother and her five premade kids. She also has a new husband with another child born in game. Finally, the last family in the save file, is a mother, her daughter, and her sister.
    I play between a bunch of families in my Sims, but multiple families have their premade children, and most Sims born in-game are around the same age.
    So, taking out the family dynamics, I have multiple Gen 1 children in my town.
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    @greydonn that's a nice accomplishment, fingers crossed that you will get that far an more!!
    @HillyBeth You family looks wonderful!! They look like a wonderful family to play generations with!
    @BlkBarbiegal Congrats on generation 4, 5, & 4 in those respected sims game that is super awesome. I think I would hold out for the great grands also!
    @SamDenny Seven generations is super awesome!

You all are still putting me to shame, I got to get back to my gens soon!! Thanks everyone for sharing!
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I'm on generation 5 in my Not So Berry (technically, 6 has been born but he's a secret child)! That's the most I've gotten in any Sims game.
  • Options
    @Duvelina congrats on 5/6 generations in NSB that's super awesomeness!!
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    Five and counting! 😃🎉
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I started with Malcolm Landgraab & Nina Caliente and went from there. Five generations on, I've listed the current families under the chapters they descended from, named after Malcolm's children...

Jeremy chapter - McManus, Elderberry, Knight.

Jim chapter - Landgraab.

Jessica chapter - Veleta, Labeikovsky, Gregory, Westbrook.

• Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    In my two challenge saves, technically they’re both gen 4, who are all currently teens. However, my Star Wars challenge is also technically gen 6. One of the granddaughters of the founders, who wasn’t in the direct heirship line, I used for the Moving Up Challenge, and she ended up with grandchildren, so that made that branch up to gen 5. Then I used one of the grandchildren for the EL trial and that sim had children, so that is gen 6 although that is over three different saves. And I’m thinking of using that family for a CoL challenge, so it’ll likely end up more generations in that line!
  • Options
    PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    I am on generation 3 of my modded random legacy and I'm fairly confident I will reach the full ten generations. The mods I use have helped so much in keeping me interested.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    On average, my save files last for 30+ generations, and I only restart when my file is borked. Basically, I just continue the line of succession for my main household, and play relatives on the side.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    @calaprfy Congrats on five generation
    @MayaRose1138 Oh, you have some gen's going there. Congrats on six generations
    @PurpleThistles Congrats on 3 generations. What mods do you use to keep it interesting?
    @Gordy WOW that is super wonderful congrats on 30 generations!
  • Options
    PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    @BreeMiles I use most of the mods Pleasant Sims recommends, so career overhaul, period/attraction, first impressions, talents and weaknesses, SNB Bills and quite a few more!

A little summary of the first two generations: Meredith Ogle was my founder. She got a job as an astronaut but because of the career overhaul mod, once she reached career level 3, she needed to get a degree to continue to be promoted. She held down her job and did her degree from home, whilst also pregnant with an alien baby from an abduction. She really wanted to be with Caleb vatore but I wouldn't let her because vampires are a pain, so she was single for a while then met Ukupanipo and it was crush at first sight. They married and had a son, then they were both abducted at the same time and Ukupanipo had an alien son, Meredith an alien daughter. It was at this point I checked my mod settings and realised Alien Invasion was switched on! Ukupanipo worked as a diver and reached the max level 3 before earning a raise ten times. He got abducted again as an elder and despite checking and rechecking all my settings, he still got pregnant and had twin girls with grey hair because I use an unnatural hair for children mod! Meredith passed away having reached level 8 of the astronaut career. Ukupanipo still had 30 more days to go because he is a mermaid.

In Gen 2, Meredith's first born alien son Kian took over. He was a tubby kinda nerdy teenager but grew into such a handsome sim! He became an entertainer and the career overhaul mod meant he had to skill up charisma, earn fame and max two entertainer skills along the way to the top. I use a mod that gives random traits and aspirations so he grew up from a teen into a responsible kleptomaniac...go figure. I use a mod that makes all aspirations one level and more like Sims 2, so Kian got the sulani aspiration which was to get 10 suntans. It was when I took him to sulani to get his first tan that the game informed me that Kian had 'weird' skin so couldn't tan! In other words, aliens don't tan. Just like his mother he was seriously attracted to amber Huntington III who was JJ and Lilith vatores daughter, meaning she is a vampire so once again I refused to let them get together. He was single a while and eventually got together with Felicia Busby whom he found attractive. She was a secret agent and together they had a son Jermaine. When she went into labour with Jermaine, she decided to flirt with ukupanipo in front of Kian for some reason and they almost divorce. At this stage Ukupanipo is still alive, gets abducted with 9 days left to live and is pregnant again. He has a son, Ellis and dies just before Ellis becomes a child. Kian autonomously erases Felicia's memory with his alien so they lose their relationship and it's like they have never met each other so they had to remarry again. Felicia dies at level 8 in the secret agent career and Kian dies a 4 star celebrity and literally maxed the entertainer career the day before he died.

So I am now on gen 3 where Jermaine took over as a teen with Ukupanipos son Ellis still a child. Jermaine meets Brenda Chase, when he becomes a young adult and marries her, only to find out that despite being a 3 day old young adult, she has a teen daughter and a child son. Ellis ages up into a teen and is extremely attracted to Brenda's teen daughter so it's all fun and games in my weird, disfunctional ogle legacy. You don't even want to see the family tree. I checked just recently and although Jermaine is older than Ellis and caring for him with ukupanipo dead, Ellis is actually Jermaine's uncle!

If you want to see all the mods I use and the rules I play by, you can Google pleasant Sims random legacy!
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member
    I’ve got three generations so far all living in Newcrest.
  • Options
    @BreeMiles I use most of the mods Pleasant Sims recommends, so career overhaul, period/attraction, first impressions, talents and weaknesses, SNB Bills and quite a few more!

A little summary of the first two generations: Meredith Ogle was my founder. She got a job as an astronaut but because of the career overhaul mod, once she reached career level 3, she needed to get a degree to continue to be promoted. She held down her job and did her degree from home, whilst also pregnant with an alien baby from an abduction. She really wanted to be with Caleb vatore but I wouldn't let her because vampires are a pain, so she was single for a while then met Ukupanipo and it was crush at first sight. They married and had a son, then they were both abducted at the same time and Ukupanipo had an alien son, Meredith an alien daughter. It was at this point I checked my mod settings and realised Alien Invasion was switched on! Ukupanipo worked as a diver and reached the max level 3 before earning a raise ten times. He got abducted again as an elder and despite checking and rechecking all my settings, he still got pregnant and had twin girls with grey hair because I use an unnatural hair for children mod! Meredith passed away having reached level 8 of the astronaut career. Ukupanipo still had 30 more days to go because he is a mermaid.

In Gen 2, Meredith's first born alien son Kian took over. He was a tubby kinda nerdy teenager but grew into such a handsome sim! He became an entertainer and the career overhaul mod meant he had to skill up charisma, earn fame and max two entertainer skills along the way to the top. I use a mod that gives random traits and aspirations so he grew up from a teen into a responsible kleptomaniac...go figure. I use a mod that makes all aspirations one level and more like Sims 2, so Kian got the sulani aspiration which was to get 10 suntans. It was when I took him to sulani to get his first tan that the game informed me that Kian had 'weird' skin so couldn't tan! In other words, aliens don't tan. Just like his mother he was seriously attracted to amber Huntington III who was JJ and Lilith vatores daughter, meaning she is a vampire so once again I refused to let them get together. He was single a while and eventually got together with Felicia Busby whom he found attractive. She was a secret agent and together they had a son Jermaine. When she went into labour with Jermaine, she decided to flirt with ukupanipo in front of Kian for some reason and they almost divorce. At this stage Ukupanipo is still alive, gets abducted with 9 days left to live and is pregnant again. He has a son, Ellis and dies just before Ellis becomes a child. Kian autonomously erases Felicia's memory with his alien so they lose their relationship and it's like they have never met each other so they had to remarry again. Felicia dies at level 8 in the secret agent career and Kian dies a 4 star celebrity and literally maxed the entertainer career the day before he died.

So I am now on gen 3 where Jermaine took over as a teen with Ukupanipos son Ellis still a child. Jermaine meets Brenda Chase, when he becomes a young adult and marries her, only to find out that despite being a 3 day old young adult, she has a teen daughter and a child son. Ellis ages up into a teen and is extremely attracted to Brenda's teen daughter so it's all fun and games in my weird, disfunctional ogle legacy. You don't even want to see the family tree. I checked just recently and although Jermaine is older than Ellis and caring for him with ukupanipo dead, Ellis is actually Jermaine's uncle!

If you want to see all the mods I use and the rules I play by, you can Google pleasant Sims random legacy!

Thank you for the tips and I will check it out!
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited September 2021
    As much as I loved that old save, I gave it up. I restarted a save I had from last year(one that inspired me to create a Facebook page for it!) and the kids in my avi are their children. Ryan and Katherine are level-5 celebrities, reached the top of two careers each, have tiles on the walk of fame, and almost have a million simoleons to their name through books, vlogs, and music. Ryan started as a writer and went into acting after reaching the top of the Writer career(Base game) and Katherine actually started in Social Media(City Living) and moved on to Music(Entertainer, Base game). After she reached the top of the music career she went back to Social Media and three of her four awards are actually for her Media Production vlogs. Their oldest son, Asher, plans to follow in his father's footsteps and study Acting in college, but he still has some growing up to do. Hadley, their only daughter, will be a writer or a vlogger like her mother. Maybe she'll also study music. Because of Mc Command Center she inherited her mother's Creative Visionary trait, so she'll do something creative. Ben, the baby, inherited his dad's Observant trait, but he has time to figure out what he wants to do.

The kids' shirts say 'Big Cookie', 'Sweet Middle', and 'Little Cookie'. A friend made them after another friend said Hadley was the 'sweet middle of the Oreo cookie', since she's in between two brothers.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    I have at least 6 save files with different stuff going on in them, so not counting the family dynamics in CAS, I am still on generation 1. I bought the game a couple years ago, but deleted everything to start from scratch again. I set up families with grandparents, parents, kids or parents and kids in CAS, but I have had kids born in-game, so 1st generation is a mix of premade kids, and born in-game kids.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    In all of the Sims games I've ever played, I've only made it to generation 4. That is my Westbrook family that I've been playing since Parenthood came out. I don't play the save exclusively and for most of the time I've played on long lifespan. I play the descendants of my founding sim in rotation. I've only recently gone back to that save but haven't really played a lot lately.

I have spent a lot of time on that family. I've made an entire family history for them, took pics of every single sim at every single lifestaged. Except I aged up my triplets in generation 4, and forgot to take pics of them when they were toddlers.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    @HillyBeth that is super awesome, send me an invite over on FB I'd like to keep up
    @Umbreon12 congrats on one generation but sounds like you have had a ton of fun with creating them the way you want them to be
    @SweetieWright_84 congrats on 4 generations, you've been mighty busy in your sims generations
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    @BreeMiles the link to my page is in my signature. <3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    @HillyBeth that is super awesome, send me an invite over on FB I'd like to keep up
    @Umbreon12 congrats on one generation but sounds like you have had a ton of fun with creating them the way you want them to be
    @SweetieWright_84 congrats on 4 generations, you've been mighty busy in your sims generations

Yeah, I kind of went in the first time with no idea on what I wanted to do, and now I do. I just need to play enough to age my generations up to get to the next one.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    BreeMiles wrote: »

As a whole, that family has many firsts for me. I haven't played them much in recent years but I refuse to give up on them. They're still my all-time favorite family across all sims games. I've yet to recapture the "magic" with any other family.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    Currently I'm starting at Generation 1 (or 0, depending how you count from CAS!)... In 2011, I made it 26 or so generations in TS3 before my file got corrupted :lol: I'm trying to go for the long haul with the Hightowers now!
  • Options
    SimsSlaySimsSlay Posts: 57 Member
    10 and the other day I unlocked an achievement because of it.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    In my just-for-fun Thorpe genetacy I'm on Gen 2/B. You don't count the founding sims in a genetacy. I have only made it all 104 generations once ever - in Sims 2, and that save exploded lol. I do count the founder in a legacy as Gen 1 though. This game, I have been plagued with new game itis, or patches corrupting saves and backups, or other shenanigans. So I actually think I'm the furthest I've ever been, as Gen 2/B are children...well, some of them. And not all of them have been born yet!

I play a few saves, and they're almost all Ultimate Sim saves. I'm thinking of bringing back some of my regular legacies/genetacies to shake things up. We shall see.