Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Generations Have you Gotten to In Your Game??

Comments

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I’m on generation 19 now, it’s from a save I started in 2017. I play many other saves as well, but consider that my main save. I have two others that are each on generation 4, and another on generation 3. My vampire save has also made it to generation 3, but many generations of townies have come and gone in that one (didn’t think to keep track).
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    @Kita5399 congrats on nineteen generations that's a lot of gen's, I like your playstyle also!
    @DoodlyDoofus That's really an impressive wall of Ancestors you have there, congrats to you on your many generations.
    @CK213 you've been very busy congrats. I agree I missed the babies being toddlers before children also.
    @blueybluesky congrats and wishing you many many generations of play time with them.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Tried legacy challenge and got bored at generation 3. I am a chronic start a new game player.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    5. But if I include my founders then 6.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I got the game about a year ago now. I had started the game, and then deleted those when I decided what I wanted to do with my game. So far, you could consider I am on generation 1 and 2. Counting the Sims I made in CAS, and their kids it could be official gen 1, and somewhat generation two. Pretty much all my families have had 1-3 kids, so I consider them my official beginning of generation 2. I don't do the Sim and NPC pairing, so it may not count.
    I play multiple families, and plan to try to pair some families together to link all of them, but I plan to marry off some others to NPCs. I plan to have my heirs have multiple children, while the ones that aren't may just have one kid. I may do another save file where the life span either short of average, and see how many I can get through. Right now I have them all on long life spans, and with aging off.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    My very first sims 4 save I tried to stick to one family in a legacy style. I made it until the 8th generation was a toddler. I still have plans to go back to it but I prefer rotational play and my current rotational save I started two years ago has a few toddlers and infants in generation 4 right now.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    edited January 2021
    My ur-sim, Dmitry Markov, has three children, two grandchildren, and one great-grandchild. Four generations on the deepest branch of the family tree. Plans are in the works for a fourth member of "generation 2" before letting Dmitry and his wife age out of the world naturally (because it'll start to get weird if five or six living generations of the same family are around; in real life you'd have to be well over a hundred years old and possibly 150 or more to have sixth-generation adult great-great-great grandchildren!)

I play rotationally, so I've played a lot more than just the 7 Markov households on my established-in-March-2020 save.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I made it to 10 once. It was my first legacy and I was determined to actually finish it. Lately, though, I haven't been able to get past 3 or 4 without getting bored. I thought I liked legacies but I always played each generation pretty much the same way and after awhile they had too much money so it would get boring. I always love the beginning of a legacy because your sims are struggling for money and it's a fun challenge, but after awhile it just becomes way too easy, especially if you send them to University and they get a good, high-paying job right away. Lately I've been playing with one of my favorite families with aging off and I'm going to try rotational play with them, so that way I can still have a big family that lasts many generations but if I get bored with a certain household I can just start playing with another one.
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Completed the Alphabet Legacy as well as getting the achievement for 100 Generations. I was totally surprised to get that too, as I thought I had messed up after completing the Alphabet Legacy, but I got the flashy announcement that I reached 100 generations.
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    I think 3 is my max in a legacy attempt. I want to try again, but I get easily distracted and I don't think I vary my legacy generations enough so it ends up feeling repetitive. I haven't achieved 10 generations since Sims 2...!
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • twinklestick twinklestick Posts: 19 Member
    I made it to 12 with lifespan set to long but it started to get really laggy and slow to play so had to abandon it. Started a new save with the 12th heir legacy and I’m on 16 now. Been playing over 3 years with the same few legacy families in rotation. I can’t imagine not playing legacy, I’m too set in my ways >.<
  • LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    I am up to generation 9 of my Legacy family, the Lehmans. There was a time around generation 5/6 where I did get a bit stumped on what to do with them all so I took a break, but then found that I missed the "history" of the family so I ended up going back to them.

They key at least for me is to try and do something a little different each generation, and I am always randomising traits now to make things even more interesting and have found that my Sims seem more unique this way. Their personalities have definitely started to show through which is great.

My current family matriarch is a Master of the Real with her own art gallery which is set up as a retail store so she can sell her paintings. They are all painted from reference and I have gotten into the habit of making her travel to various cities (worlds) to get her inspiration for painting. I never restock an item so this way it plays into a realism facet in my head. The gallery is only open on weekends 11-7pm so this way it's not a grind and more or less an outing/event of sorts.

Her youngest son, Brockman, has just aged up to a child so I've spent the last hour doing up his new looks to match his personality as well as his bedroom. My save is literally 3-4 years old now so I am going to look to transfer the family across. I will lose the family tree in Simology which is a bit of a shame but I've found a nice template I can use to make my own soft copy so to speak, so I'll work on that over the next few days before committing. :smiley:
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited January 2021
    In one (abandoned) branch of my legacy save, I had made it as far as Generation 4, but was dissatisfied with my new parent Sim's choice of life partner and also his home lot. I backed out of that one, to a save where he is still a Teen, and am now only three generations deep (Founders, Kids, Grandkids).
    @jimbbq congrats on making it to three generations
    @JestTru congrats on six generations
    @Umbreon12 It counts it counts :D sounds like you are having fun creating your generations and that is awesome. I'm also playing on long life span with aging off
    @Daephene congrats on the eight generations and the four generations in rotational play
    @ACruelButLovingGod congrats on your generations and I see what you are saying about the aging and the RL, I think my mom has 5 generations going right now in RL
    @mia_noelle97 congrats on ten generations and I agree it feels the same in each one, I started mine off with the $20,000 the game allotted us to have, put them on an empty lot and they've had to make money to build the house and such. Enjoy your rotational gameplay
    @LoriTSp super cool on one hundred generations that is some awesome generation playing and a heck of a great achievement
    @Miricha congrats on your three generations and your ten generations in sims 2 that's awesome
    @twinklestick congrats on twelve generations and there's nothing wrong with being set in your ways sounds super fun to play this way
    @LehmanLegacy congrats your nine generations, you've given me some idea's on how to work with the traits and I had never thought of dressing them inspired by the traits they had, super awesome.
    @Sindocat congrats on three generations
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    @Kita5399 19 is insane hon, that's so cool. I could never get that far, I'm the type who's satisfied with the game for like a month and then abandons it until a new pack comes out. Lol but ye anyway 19 generations is epic.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    My oldest save is on 10 or 11. There were no more recognizable premade Sims in the game except for Cassandra Goth(vampire) and Lilith Vatore(Vampire). That save has several bugs affecting it so it'll probably never get used extensively again. Lifespan is long on that game. It's funny to have that save loaded because I naturally associate the Sims games with premade sims and seeing other families living in those houses is weird. In that save I have a cemetary across the street from the Goth house and that's where Cassandra lives. I like to pop in and have her go into the old house and mourn her parents tombstones out back. Then she feeds on whatever family lives there and goes back to her lot and coffin. I wish there weren't so many of those old NAP bugs affecting that save because it'd be cool to see how long I can keep things going.
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    I started sims 4 with a test family (Adler's) They made it gen 5 but they are cursed with tragedy.

I had a runaway teen challenge that lasted to gen 3 because of a compelling story (Stones).

I am raising both children now from each family in a combined save, they will be the founders of my try to reach gen 10 in sims 4!

I Also don’t count the founders as gen 1 .

In my NSB I am on Gray so 4th gen, I think.

• maicemaice Posts: 167 Member
    Gen 6 was a child in my legacy game. I haven't touched the file in several years. I would like to get back to it and finish out - for the challenge I need to get gen 8 to elder. Beyond that, I wouldn't mind going further.

I am reposting my story after moving it from it's original host from 2016. Until I am all caught up with that my game is on pause.
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited January 2021
    @BreeMiles, thanks for starting this thread! It's fun to see pictures of everyone's sims families.

I played with a family until generation 26. The Drifter challenge helped me stick to the same family. But now that I'm done with the challenge I started thinking of starting with a new family, but on the other hand it would be a shame to stop now. I started playing in december 2016.

Generation 1
    12-08-16-4-51-18-pm_orig.png

Overview of the Drifter sims
    overview-driftersims_orig.jpg

Generation 26
    09-24-20_7-10-02_PM.png?width=1124&height=586

• asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Gen 39 at the mo :)
    And now I can't even think about starting another family!
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    asimbsim wrote: »
    Gen 39 at the mo :)
    And now I can't even think about starting another family!

Whoa! What do they even look like that far down the line? Do you adjust their features in CAS?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hm, that depends on what you're calling a generation. Does the next generation have to be YAs, or just born? If you mean just born then here's the breakdown thus far: the Sim in bold print is the household where I spend much of my gaming session playing.

Gen. 1: Joseph and Louise Cantrell (AKA the Founders.)
    Gen 2.: Aaron; Erik; Joey, Jr.; Brianna; Adrian.
    Gen. 3. Matthew (son of Aaron), (Erik's children) Jamison; twins Melodie and Harmony; Andrew; Paul; and newborn Cadence. Twins Sajik and Seraj; T'Nia; Sarai; T'Kayla (children of Brianna). Joey is just now a Chief Resident and even though his wife works, they have declined to start their family at this time. Adrian is just a teen, so he better not, or I'll put him in the bin as punishment. ;)

So far I'm up to Gen. 3, if all they have to be is born.

ETA: If you're talking overall, I have to say I played and completed the Pinstar Legacy Challenge back in 2015. Ten generations.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I got to 10 once and moved into a new family, and only got to 4. I can’t get past 4 now. I’m starting to get bored with a family if I stay with them for too long. So I’m constantly creating a new family
    @Rosysimmer I get started building and abandon mine
    @Kerrigan that's a lot of generations also congrats, I know what you mean on the bugs and such I wish we didn't have them and that they would be fixed someday and it would fix our old saves as well
    @Lyrie that is a bunch of generations, congrats
    @maice a very awesome six generations going there, I hope you get all caught up soon an get back in live mode
    @illusie you are very welcome sweetie. I followed your 26 generations on the drifter and it was super awesomeness, yes I think you should carry on with those and see how far you can go in it. I love seeing all the pictures of yours and everyone's that are sharing, super neat.
    @asimbsim Wow that is a lot of generations also, super awesome I bet you are really attached to them for sure.
    @GalacticGal I love your generations and my my wasn't that a lot of twins. Congrats on your ten generations also super neat.
    @SelinaKyles ten generations are super awesome.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    @BreeMiles I feel you. I have at least 2 build i started at least 6 months ago that ive never finished lol.