Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Stoddard Legacy (VITA NOVA) (UPDATED 18 Feb!)

Comments

• Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Who puts a potty chair in the bedroom? Chase Stoddard does! :lol: I only noticed it now. Not sure if it's in past screen shots.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    edited February 2021
    Who puts a potty chair in the bedroom? Chase Stoddard does! :lol: I only noticed it now. Not sure if it's in past screen shots.

Hehehe
    Daniel's potty chair was originally in his room because the original bathroom was too small for it. By the time the twins came, I had the funds to build a better house with a somewhat bigger bathroom lol
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Options
    Chapter 1.25 is now available: 1.25: The Heir Apparent
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I’m picturing a child banging on piano keys in the Stoddard household. :grimace:

You keep saying Levi and Spica have good gened kids. So does Chase and Candy. Daniel turned out to be a handsome teen. He’s gonna get a lot of girls attention....especially if he’s going to workout.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I’m picturing a child banging on piano keys in the Stoddard household. :grimace:

You keep saying Levi and Spica have good gened kids. So does Chase and Candy. Daniel turned out to be a handsome teen. He’s gonna get a lot of girls attention....especially if he’s going to workout.

Oh well...
    Yeah, I can tell you he's working out. And he does look a lot like Chase. Like really a lot like Chase. Though I think his cheekbones are a bit wider and his cheeks as well. We'll see how the others turn out as they age.

To bring over here a comment you made on the post itself, I was originally going to set the heir to a vote, but the fact Daniel maxed out all the toddler skills, finished his childhood aspiration, and was a top student at Landgraab... coupled with the fact he looks sooo much like Chase... it just felt natural to give it to him.

One more thing in reply to something you mentioned a while back, I had the hard drive that crashed rechecked by a friend who does file recovery, but there aren't many files that were saved. None of them from Sims 4. Not only did Alvarez get destroyed, but everything I created between 2017 and early 2020. Kind of miffed about that. It was a freak accident when we had a power surge and it fried the HDD. Most of that computer got fried. The surge protector failed. It was old anyway. So the computer I have now has everything from 2015-2017 and 2020-now. There's a lot of stuff missing GRRR!
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    The next new chapter awaits! Click the pic below!

4rfqyUt.png
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about the major HD meltdown. That does suck. At least you have the Alvarez founder in your profile pic. Maybe one day you can reboot that legacy.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    lol at nekkid Naoki. He probably heard there was a Stoddard Legacy Sim there and had to check it out and forgot he didn’t have a towel or clothes on. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about the major HD meltdown. That does suck. At least you have the Alvarez founder in your profile pic. Maybe one day you can reboot that legacy.

I don't have the sim, though. That was part of the stuff that got lost. No tray files to port over.
    lol at nekkid Naoki. He probably heard there was a Stoddard Legacy Sim there and had to check it out and forgot he didn’t have a towel or clothes on. :grimace:
    Actually, it's a trick because he changed into the towel literally just the split second after I screencapped. Like, had I hesitated just one more nanosecond and it wouldn't have been nearly as funny. Though, not sure why he was walking around free as a bird like that in the first place. Maybe because he's from Mt. Komorebi, he's used to it being really cold and Oasis Springs was way too hot and he needed to cool down? LOL
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    Chrinnie wrote: »

I don't have the sim, though. That was part of the stuff that got lost. No tray files to port over.
    Actually, it's a trick because he changed into the towel literally just the split second after I screencapped. Like, had I hesitated just one more nanosecond and it wouldn't have been nearly as funny. Though, not sure why he was walking around free as a bird like that in the first place. Maybe because he's from Mt. Komorebi, he's used to it being really cold and Oasis Springs was way too hot and he needed to cool down? LOL

But you do have something to work from. Reboots usually don’t have the exact thing. :wink:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2021

But you do have something to work from. Reboots usually don’t have the exact thing. :wink:

True that. Don't know if I want to do two legacies at once? Seems redundant? Though..... now you've got me thinking. Perhaps running this one as sort of a fun little play-by-play/plain legacy and another one that's a bit more... in depth..... hrmmmmmm.... *strokes chin*

EDIT: Though, since I'm hosting my site at WordPress itself, it would be hard to keep both of them seperate. That would mean either transferring the hosting elsewhere (after having already paid) or creating another new website url LOL. Anyway, things to think about.
    Post edited by Chrinnie on
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options

True that. Don't know if I want to do two legacies at once? Seems redundant? Though..... now you've got me thinking. Perhaps running this one as sort of a fun little play-by-play/plain legacy and another one that's a bit more... in depth..... hrmmmmmm.... *strokes chin*

EDIT: Though, since I'm hosting my site at WordPress itself, it would be hard to keep both of them seperate. That would mean either transferring the hosting elsewhere (after having already paid) or creating another new website url LOL. Anyway, things to think about.

Is your hosting connected with your Wordpress site? Or are you self hosting? If self hosting, just use categories. That’s what I do. Each of my SimLit are Wordpress categories so I keep them separate and less of a headache.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Also, don’t forget you can use your Alvarez site as an idea to recreate what you did. I still have it in my Reader. :smile:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2021

Is your hosting connected with your Wordpress site? Or are you self hosting? If self hosting, just use categories. That’s what I do. Each of my SimLit are Wordpress categories so I keep them separate and less of a headache.

I bought the hosting through WordPress itself. So they host it. Categories, eh? Good thought. Little extra work for landing pages, i suppose, to keep the links in order.... but I think I could make it work.
    Also, don’t forget you can use your Alvarez site as an idea to recreate what you did. I still have it in my Reader. :smile:

Not certain I want to "recreate" something that's been so far gone. Don't even have any of the sims from that time period. If I do it, it might as well be a brand new story. That and it's a lot of work to do two legacies. I'd have to do something else for a second one.
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    I thought the Alvarez Chronicles was more in depth story based. Now I have to go reread it. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    I thought the Alvarez Chronicles was more in depth story based. Now I have to go reread it. :grimace:

Oh it was. I was at least attempting to write something a bit more... in-depth. It was also a legacy. I did reread part of it... and how they tried to dump Richie off on other folks LOL
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Chapter 1.27 is up. Click the link to the left or the image below!

dzb8edP.png?1

Something I noticed I didn't do was show off the outfits as the kids aged. Daniel's you'll see over time, but as the other kids won't become the focus of this as Daniel ages, figured I show off the outfits. I put them together myself, so if they look silly, well, that's because I did it LOL
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    Gen 2 is going to really go by fast if Daniel is almost done with his Aspiration. Gives him more time for his career I suppose and to have a bit more fun.

There’s been events in my gameplay I skipped for reasons so I don’t do everything in Gen 1. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Gen 2 is going to really go by fast if Daniel is almost done with his Aspiration. Gives him more time for his career I suppose and to have a bit more fun.

There’s been events in my gameplay I skipped for reasons so I don’t do everything in Gen 1. :grimace:

With Daniel going to come of age fairly soon, I've been giving a lot of thought about how I want to progress the storyline through him and what to change as each generation comes into play....
    So I came up with a blurb about their future lives. Each kid has one. A sort of guiding principle for how they move their own lives forward (with the Hand of Me there to guide their choices). I don't know if each kid will get a spin-off. I do have a few ideas about what to do with the 4 "spares." Plus, there's no guarantees in real life, so I have other ideas to throw at them. I have implemented some of that already into how they're turning out as kids.... though the rest is quite secret at the moment.

I'm also considering, perhaps, making the Vita Nova a more in-depth writing experience as time moves forward. I love the casual tone it has, but after reviewing Alvarez, I really do miss trying to write a story. Though, keeping with the spirit of this particular "Legacy without the rules" idea, it'll be a story they write, I embellish as needed.
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    You want to know what's funny? Well, not really funny but rather interesting....I have a serious SimLit (not a legacy) laid out in a notebook I wanted to do someday. It's a vampire romance. *insert cheesey grin* I have Andrew's Pose Player already installed and wanted to do something with poses and all that jazz.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    You want to know what's funny? Well, not really funny but rather interesting....I have a serious SimLit (not a legacy) laid out in a notebook I wanted to do someday. It's a vampire romance. *insert cheesey grin* I have Andrew's Pose Player already installed and wanted to do something with poses and all that jazz.

I created a character in CAS earlier today I wanted to take out for a spin on a serious SimLit journey. Nothing huge, no more than 10-20 chapters at most. Unless people like it more than they like the Stoddard Legacy, then I could follow it longer I suppose. As far as Stoddard, you're about the only one still reading it as far as I can tell LOL. That was part of the reason I wanted to do a longer story format for the Stoddards--to increase readership, but that isn't what they were created for. They were created to be a simple, easy-to-read, quick-format legacy that didn't get bogged down in any preconceived storylines running in my head.

And Andrew's Pose Player... how I used to heckfire out of that thing for Alvarez.

Now when you post this vampiric love story, tag me in the post so I can follow it. I think I'll also get an email since I signed up for that on your site, but I want to make sure that I don't miss out on it.
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    Here's the opener for you in regards to my vampire romance :grimace: ... Even though it's not a Legacy, I had to throw in what the Sims are meant for; such as aspirations and whims.
    (hopefully one day it will come to pass)
    <image 1>
    "I never believed that man could adjust his destiny to the whims of others. I guess that's why they call it fate. But Humboldt once said however, 'to master his fate is more important than what his fate is'. I wonder if he ever found himself trapped in a rusty cell waiting for a coven of blood thirsty killers to come for him? Probably not."

<image 2>
    "Twelve hours before the sun sets. Twelve hours left to live."

<image 3>
    "It all started like so many other stories: with a meeting. With one through which I hope to retain some information. You see, I'm a writer. Just a small town paper guy with some aspirations. But I always tried hard. This time, I succeeded beyond my wildest dreams."

I know there are a few others reading Vita Nova. Just know they're silent readers in the shadows and not really being vocal. Do know I am vocal to SimLit I really like. So that should tell you something. :wink:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Here's the opener for you in regards to my vampire romance :grimace: ... Even though it's not a Legacy, I had to throw in what the Sims are meant for; such as aspirations and whims.
    (hopefully one day it will come to pass)
    <image 1>
    "I never believed that man could adjust his destiny to the whims of others. I guess that's why they call it fate. But Humboldt once said however, 'to master his fate is more important than what his fate is'. I wonder if he ever found himself trapped in a rusty cell waiting for a coven of blood thirsty killers to come for him? Probably not."

<image 2>
    "Twelve hours before the sun sets. Twelve hours left to live."

<image 3>
    "It all started like so many other stories: with a meeting. With one through which I hope to retain some information. You see, I'm a writer. Just a small town paper guy with some aspirations. But I always tried hard. This time, I succeeded beyond my wildest dreams."

I know there are a few others reading Vita Nova. Just know they're silent readers in the shadows and not really being vocal. Do know I am vocal to SimLit I really like. So that should tell you something. :wink:

Well, now you really have to tag me when you get your vampire romance up and running. Can't wait to check it out.

Glad to know there are silent readers out there. Makes me feel a lot better. And thank you for your kind words about being vocal :smiley:
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    I've been reading your legacy chapters for a while. It's so fun to read. :smile:

Oh thank you so much for that! I appreciate you reading! BY the way, I've been reading through yours as well. Just started it the other day. I'm really loving it! I love how Zelda was just so immediately put off by Braeden, though I can't blame her. And Nightblaze is such a cool surname! :smile:
    mW8spBr.png