Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Stoddard Legacy (VITA NOVA) (UPDATED 18 Feb!)

Comments

• Options
    ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    edited February 2021
    No offense to your household, but am soooo happy I am playing long lifespan. You have a lot of “cake days” bunched together. It’s not a bad thing. I just need time to enjoy them for awhile in-game time before moving onto the next Sim to age up.

Well,
    What I was running into was having too much time between things. Remember when my posts were sometimes, "Here we are again, doing the same thing." Almost like I was Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. I wish there was a slightly longer lifespan that wasn't quite so long as long life span, as I said in my reply on the post. I would love to return to it. I didn't put this work into it to have them die off quickly LOL I just don't want to risk the game stability by using MCCC to advance time. My computer is really good, but TS4 always finds a way to cause issues.
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Chrinnie wrote: »
    Well,
    What I was running into was having too much time between things. Remember when my posts were sometimes, "Here we are again, doing the same thing." Almost like I was Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. I wish there was a slightly longer lifespan that wasn't quite so long as long life span, as I said in my reply on the post. I would love to return to it. I didn't put this work into it to have them die off quickly LOL I just don't want to risk the game stability by using MCCC to advance time. My computer is really good, but TS4 always finds a way to cause issues.

Re: Comment
    The Sims 4 likes me. I haven't had any issues with it at anytime. The max time you can advance with MCCC is 6 days at a time. I've done the full 6 days. I had to have patience tho for time to catch up with itself. The notifications was the best thing to watch during it. Levi would go and come home from work, kids would go to school and come home....I would get Sims aging up notifications, death notifications, marriages, births, ...etc. Once things have stopped and the speech/thought bubbles on my household Sims also stopped from changing, I would save the game, go to the main menu and open the new save. So far, so good. This will help for the winter season I am in right now. It's just started in my game-play. All the kids age up to teens in this season, so I want to move the gameplay along to get to that point.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Well,

Re: Comment
    The Sims 4 likes me. I haven't had any issues with it at anytime. The max time you can advance with MCCC is 6 days at a time. I've done the full 6 days. I had to have patience tho for time to catch up with itself. The notifications was the best thing to watch during it. Levi would go and come home from work, kids would go to school and come home....I would get Sims aging up notifications, death notifications, marriages, births, ...etc. Once things have stopped and the speech/thought bubbles on my household Sims also stopped from changing, I would save the game, go to the main menu and open the new save. So far, so good. This will help for the winter season I am in right now. It's just started in my game-play. All the kids age up to teens in this season, so I want to move the gameplay along to get to that point.

Well,
    I probably will just set it to long lifespan and use the spares to fill in times when Daniel's life is boring.
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    @LegacySims2017

POLL RESULTS!

I asked yesterday three poll questions. I have the final results. Each poll had 9 votes. The polls are now closed.

Q1: "It won't be long before Daniel reaches Young Adult life stage. As a general rule, it's at this point that a legacy often switches focus to the new founder while everyone else in the household's roles start to diminish. So I want to know what you'd like to see when Daniel finally takes over the reigns."

The overwhelming answer for this with 8 out 9 respondents was...

Daniel should remain at the current estate, his siblings should be moved out to their own homes when they reach Young Adult. His siblings will be focused on when the plot allows."

Q2: "In Generation 1, I opted to assign an heir, which some were fine with, others were disappointed they didn't get a vote. Moving forward, should all future heirs be left to a vote when there are multiple children?"

The answer with the most overwhelming result with 7 out 9 votes was....

"Yes, I want to vote for my favorite kid to become the next heir"

Q3: "Each generation could have more than one child. In this event, would you like to see a dedicated series following the events of the spares, or just focus entirely on the heir's turn as founder and leave the rest to live out their sim days at the hands of the AI? This is for future generations starting with Daniel's. Yes, this is similar to the first poll, but I wanted to see if you want that expanded to all future generations."

With 7 out 9 votes, this was your decision....

"From time to time, but focus mainly on the direct line from Chase through Daniel and so forth."

So going forward, as the spares reach Young Adult stage, they will be moved out. Only Chase, Daniel, and future heirs will live on the estate lot and will be the only featured characters but we will check in on the spares after they move out from time to time as the plot allows. Finally, if Daniel has more than one kid, then you all will get to tell me who you want to be Daniel's heir and each generation's heir thereafter.

I love democracy!
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    Did you pick one of the losing ones so they got a vote? :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Did you pick one of the losing ones so they got a vote? :grimace:

I'll never tell what I voted for. >:)
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    1.31: It Never Stops is up and ready to go!
    rkmQaiN.png
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    There's Chase sticking his head in the money tree. Not just watering it, but making sure no one is stealing any of the simoleon leaves. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    There's Chase sticking his head in the money tree. Not just watering it, but making sure no one is stealing any of the simoleon leaves. :grimace:

Yeah, I noticed that. It happens even when Candy does it.
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    Chapter 1.32 is up and running.
    xwBh6vA.png
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    Chapter 2.01 is now up and ready for your reading pleasure!
    P3LSRrS.png
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    I like the blue color theme for Daniel. It's calming.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    I like the blue color theme for Daniel. It's calming.

Yeah,
    I figured that each generation could have a color.
    Now to get Daniel moving forward. Being back on long lifespan means there's 2 weeks before the next birthday. I don't have to rush anything with Daniel now like racing to get him married/partnered to produce children. He has plenty of time for that. And in those in-game moments where things are moving slowly, I can just play a few days until something exciting happens to write about. I'm sad to say this, but I am not ready to move out the twins (they're the next to age up). And I'm beginning to really like Franklin--er Frankie--as an individual person. So we'll see how they all do. Maybe I'll spin Frankie off for something else.
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I figured that each generation could have a color.
    Now to get Daniel moving forward. Being back on long lifespan means there's 2 weeks before the next birthday. I don't have to rush anything with Daniel now like racing to get him married/partnered to produce children. He has plenty of time for that. And in those in-game moments where things are moving slowly, I can just play a few days until something exciting happens to write about. I'm sad to say this, but I am not ready to move out the twins (they're the next to age up). And I'm beginning to really like Franklin--er Frankie--as an individual person. So we'll see how they all do. Maybe I'll spin Frankie off for something else.

I like the color idea.
    An idea is to maybe play Frankie while Daniel is at work? Maybe Frankie can start up a Partihaus type club of his own? You can use your building talent (I think you are good at building) and perhaps he can own his own club. Lots of options for you....and Frankie!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Chapter 2.02 is up and running! Enjoy!
    jv41gQk.png
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    YES!!! Glad you got it, too! :grimace:

gRFRhat.png?w=500

I like the red color better, tho. She looks cute in hers. Jason looked good, but not like Grace.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @Chrinnie Congrats on getting into gen 2!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    YES!!! Glad you got it, too! :grimace:

gRFRhat.png?w=500

I like the red color better, tho. She looks cute in hers. Jason looked good, but not like Grace.

Indeed!
    What I found interesting was that even though she got it, she isn't wearing the bear suit all the time which causes her to get sad that she's not in bear form and I'm like, "But you didn't wear it. What do you want me to do about it! Just put it back on, sweetie" and be happy again!
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    Skeilah wrote: »
    @Chrinnie Congrats on getting into gen 2!

Well thank you very much. Generation 2 is a great milestone to reach. I am sort of sad that the siblings will be moved out eventually, but that's the way it goes. I am looking forward to Generation 2 bringing in Generation 3 eventually.

mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    Chapter 2.03 is up and running
    seRHnDE.png
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    @Chrinnie
    I'm sure Grace has a lot of imagination, playing on the Pirate Ship while dressed as a red bear.

Quite!
    She sure did seem to have a good time, bear suit and all, in the hot Oasis Springs sunshine! She looks adorable dressed as a bear!
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    Grace the red bear pirate! I like it!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Grace the red bear pirate! I like it!

LOL....
    Red Bear: Scourge of the Seven Seas! She's bringing her pirate ship to board yours to steal your pots of honey!
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    2.04: Moving Fast is now posted.
    V1cqiF0.png

Yes, chapters are coming fast and furious, but I am furloughed because COVID and literally have nothing else to do these days. If it's too much, let me know.
    mW8spBr.png