Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did you got what you wanted for the Sims 4 in 2020

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    No and i dont think they will change/add on too []. Its too late, End this misery.
    Tiny living was nice.... and platforms were overdue.... but honestly all the rest of the packs from this year I have absolutely no interest in. They all seem too specific.... like I have a personal vendetta against anything star wars so I'll never get that. I don't knit nor do I think we needed an entire pack for that. Idk I feel like these pack ideas could be laid out way better
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    No i got nothing at all, but maybe next year. There is still time.
    I want body hair.
  • Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    Sims 4 2020 was the same as this year has been for the world. For the most part, the EP's/SP's/GP's all fall short of fully developed, well-thought out additions to what has always been a "Shell Game" of the prior better developed Sims 1, 2 & 3.

Tiny Living: Bunkbeds anyone? Failure. Cheap, schlocky furniture and objects.

Eco Lifestyle: The positives are the money-saving solar panels and wind turbines.

Nifty Knitting: Really EA? *Snores*

Journey to Batuu:Failure.

Snowy Escape: So much potential squandered. Where are the new cultural Japanese games for the family to play together, cultural dances, snowboard ramp for the home lots, hotels and varying ski/snowboarding styles?

Snowy Escape is exactly like going camping. Our sims arrive at their rental vacation home and unless they are out skiing/snowboarding -- which they can't do 24/7 obviously, there is NOTHING NEW for them to do! The developers at least could have created rabbit-hole like touristy things to do like in Sims 3. There could be guided/non-guided tours to see the local Birds/Animals, tours to explore cultural places of mystery, places to learn Japanese dances, cultural games for the family to be played at "home base" and so much more.

My sims family has been on vacation for 4 days in Komorebi and there have been no notifications for any of the "New Festivals" so far. What's up with that? It's just like they are at home as far as entertainment possibilities.

My Wish List For Sims 4: (Ad nauseum)

1. More Family Games To Play Together -- like Sim Gnubb, Volleyball, Water Polo, Croquet and/or Bocce Ball.

2. POOL TABLES! These cannot be that difficult to add at this point in this series.

3. Spiral Staircases, Bunk Beds, Pool Slide, Football/Baseball/Frisbee Toss, Hotels/Motels, Ability To Build Apartments in ALL Neighborhoods, Vehicles and Horses!

WE NEED MORE ENTERTAINMENT ELEMENTS IN THIS GAME!!! IT IS SO BORING WITH ALL THE HALF-DEVELOPED ADDITIONS!
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    No and i dont think they will change/add on too []. Its too late, End this misery.
    No, nothing I wanted was added to the game.

None of the packs excited me, I bought them and I use them but, meh. Same old TS4 .... beautiful worlds with a lot of fake buildings and not much new and interesting game play.
    • I wanted a farming pack with actual animals to raise for food and clothing.
    • I wanted a baby update so we could get rid of that ugly bassinet thing and have actual baby beds and other activities for babies.
    • I wanted the ability to modify the worlds as we choose.
    • I wanted the ability to build our own functioning apartments in any world.
    • I wanted slow dancing, and cuddling in bed.
    • I wanted more "non electronic" games for kids to do as a group.
    • I wanted cars, not to drive .. but to be picked up by the carpool for work and a better car as you rise up the ladder. Cars to work on and fix up, a school bus for kids.
    • I wanted better personalities .... attraction, wants/fears, likes/dislikes, etc.
    • Removed lot restrictions so I can make community lots be whatever I want.

I have to use so much CC and mods in TS4 just to try and help make the game more interesting or give me what I've been wanting. I have never had to do that in tge older games other than for a few bug fixes, or to fix things that I personally found annoying. But never had to have them to actually make the game hold my interest.

I know that my wishlist is just that ... a wish of things that will never come. So yeah, I'm ready for it all to end and see what the future of The Sims brings us in the next round.
  • Options
    EvilinPinkEvilinPink Posts: 49 Member
    edited December 2020
    Every single pack has been lackluster this year (not surprised at all). They did that Sims reality show this year which was absolutely stupid and a waste of time. A ridiculous amount of Sims 4 promotional videos, while the game itself needs more gameplay. Eco Lifestyle, Journey to Batuu, Nifty Knitting, and Tiny Living have been the worst packs so far. No, I haven’t gotten anything I’ve wanted for the Sims 4.
  • Options
    GuillaumeSnowGuillaumeSnow Posts: 87 Member
    edited December 2020
    Yes but not that many... at least they did []
    Firefighters, platforms, sentiments and +skintones are all features i wished for, either directly or indirectly. Still impatiently waiting for cars, babies and burglars.

Oh, almost forgot my #1 wish, that is Create a World.
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Yes i got many improvements/features that i actually wanted to see this year (Examples)
    Snowy Escape is a pack that I have always wanted. I really like that you can snowboard on an actual mountain. There is just so much involved with that alone. I really enjoy watching them perform various tricks and taking different routes down the mountain. There are so many options and possibilities with that. It's fun watching them and I crack up laughing when they tumble and roll. There has never been something like this in the Sims games before. There's more to the pack than just the snow activities, but that is all I wanted and now I've got it.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    parlance01parlance01 Posts: 13 New Member
    Still waiting to be able to form bands.

parlance
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited December 2020
    Yes but not that many... at least they did []
    I didn't even ask for much. I really only was missing a snowy world and I got it.
    Of course there are small things that I'd still like to have, like slow dancing and strollers for toddlers, but I really don't miss anything big anymore. Whatever will come in the future are just plus features for me. I'm okay for what we have now.