Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did you got what you wanted for the Sims 4 in 2020

The year is almost over and i dont think they will add something for 2020. So lets look back. What did you wanna see this year and did you got it somehow?

Did you got what you wanted for the Sims 4 in 2020 63 votes

Yes i got many improvements/features that i actually wanted to see this year (Examples)
7%
BlkBarbiegalSimburianEnkiSchmidtPeralSallycutecat 5 votes
Yes but not that many... at least they did []
20%
Isb917keekee53babajaynejcp011c2HermitgirlLinzzAtreya33PreCiiousDaepheneKimmerElizaG2016GuillaumeSnowLuxberry 13 votes
I didnt asked for it but got pleasantly suprised by []
14%
simgirl1010Yautjagirlpammiechicktexxx78logionInuMiroLoverSERVERFRAAyKooChaoLT24 9 votes
No i got nothing at all, but maybe next year. There is still time.
30%
EvvieSimmerAnmirlafriendlysimmersalanmichael1BluelleBariSaxyTorieKhrisstyneBabykittyjadebrandon192003MovottiMasonGamerSnowWolf58calaprfyparlance01GodleyjeansizecsonVeeDubSimmerBecca4481 19 votes
No and i dont think they will change/add on too []. Its too late, End this misery.
26%
GoldmoldarmotdkmikawagbixtersRenato10DoloresGreyOldeseadoggeHorrorgirl6StrawberryYogurtQuillWriterClarionOfJoyChicklet453681NorthDakotaGamerGordyAngeliqueAdelaideClousinatorsEvilinPink 17 votes

Comments

• PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    _____
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Sims 20th Anniversary hot tub: Um, thanks, I guess?

Tiny Living: I felt there were missed opportunities and waited for it to go to half price.

Eco Lifestyle: Wasn’t interested at all. Dodged a bullet.

Nifty Knitting: This was my top choice and I’m really happy with it.

Journey to Batuu: Nope.

Snowy Escape: I think it’s one of the better expansion packs we’ve ever had.

Sentiments: This is really cheesy but I’ve had so many “awww!” moments playing since this update. I freakin LOVE sentiments. Even the bad ones are fine, it adds a lot to my game. (And I figured out they decay no matter which family you are playing, so if you get a sentiment you don’t want, just play another family for a while and it will go away.)

Platforms: I’ve always built in this game but I don’t like when I have a vision I don’t have the tools for. Platforms are necessary for me to do a lot of the things I’ve been wanting to do, so this update has me building a lot more.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    no, ea still owns the sims franchise.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    no what is still needed in the sims4 is more choices in appliance stove fridge dishwashers retro and modern topload washers and dryers modern as well as retros that includes front load washers and dryers cars more choice for clothes sims of all ages both gender hairstyle ingame toggles to turn off ghost in the game vampires for players that do not play them or went them romaing in game depending on the kind of story they are creating working on for there sims
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I was extremely surprised by Tiny Living, Star Wars, Snowy Escape & the 100 Skintones. It seems like some of the devs might have been former modders. However, I still want my Werewolves & Fairies.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited December 2020
    Snowy Escape with Sentiments, the Skin Tone update, the Inventory Update and getting a Metal radio channel, good stuff.

The rest of their other content that they released this year did not really interest me that much... some caused me even a lot of trouble like the Neighborhood Action plans.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited December 2020
    2020 for me this year?

Tiny Living: Meh.

Eco Lifestyle: Kinda okay, but some of these NAPs are out of control

Nifty Knitting: No. Only thing great about having this pack is that I paid only $0.31 for it. Btw #JusticeForGrimReaperCareer

Journey to Batuu: Double No. Get that out of my face.

Snowy Escape, platforms, Sentiments and Lifestyles, updated skins: FINALLY SOMETHING THAT REDEEMS 2020
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    edited December 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by PreCiious on
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2020
    I got one major thing I wanted and that was sims hiking together walking side by side.
    Nothing else. But I find something I enjoy in every single pack so I'm still happy.

But when I think about it there's not that much I want in particular. I'm up for anything. Platforms blew me away. Ecolifestyle is one of my top, knotting came in handy, yeah I use it all.

The few particular things I want for myself are zombies, wearwolves and fairies, a haunted pack with a dark swamp word, an underwater world, highschool, swimming in all worlds,a dedicated kids pack and strollers and toddler Carriers. I also hope for more animations and interactions like pillow fights, tag, toddlers able to sit on laps and stuff like that.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    No and i dont think they will change/add on too []. Its too late, End this misery.
    tumblr_n12dbuEkj91qggczbo3_250.gif

I need base game fixes to this game EA cannot provide.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    At this point I think it will never meet the expectations. It's crazy how we had to low expectations from 3 to 4... That's basically the confirmation of a downgrade :#
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Yes i got many improvements/features that i actually wanted to see this year (Examples)
    Snow Escape
    A winter sports expansion that doesn't require Seasons has been on my wishlist for long. I love it a lot <3
    I'm neutral towards the japanese theme, would trade it in for biathlon, cross-country skiing and competitions, but with EPs sadly it's traditional already that they mesh two themes instead of doing one right.

Journey to Batuu
    This one came unexpected and would have worked better as either a full fledged a spin-off (Jedi power trees!) or a real theme park expansion.

Eco Lifestyle
    I'm a big fan of the changing the world sfx gameplay. Strangerville did it best, IL at least tried, EL could be great if it actually worked without cheats/mods.

I didn't buy Tiny Living and Knitting, haven't updated for skintones yet and I hate the enforced sentiments with a passion. But for Snowy Escape alone I guess I have to vote "I got what I wanted".

tl;dr I got the themes I wanted, but the execution is less than ideal.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    It just keep confirming my negative impression. I use mods which keep me more engaged in the game than any of the content made by the Devs. Next year, I am actually looking to my other favorite franchise instead since they have a new installment out in March.
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I want to say yes but I can't... This year was very underwhelming. Even if Snowy Escape is good, it's still just compared to the others. Compare Snowy Escape to what we got in terms of content and playability in TS3 or 2 and it's... you know... not that big of a deal. I can't speak for other people but it kind of feels like people praise it because they compare it to the rest of the packs for TS4, which haven't been all that great.

Journey to Batuu? Never heard of her, who is she?
    Nifty knitting? I mean... it was downsized from a cool hobby pack that could've contained more.
    Tiny living? Cool but... um, bunkbeds..? Would've made so much sense here...
    Eco Lifestyle. I'm sure some people love it. I am not one of those people.

Skin tones are great, but like... they shouldn't be praised for something that should've been one of the most basic things in the game.

I don't know. I'm trying not to be negative even if it doesn't seem that way.

Without mods I wouldn't be able to play this game...
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    edited December 2020
    I wanted werewolves, better personalities, more family gameplay like generations. I got nothing.

And no... I will not applaud them for the skintones Edit: too blunt
    Post edited by Khrisstyne on
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    edited December 2020
    I got very little of what I actually wanted.

What I wanted
    Werewolves : no
    Fairies : no
    A space world to actually live : no, even worse batuu got my hopes up for this one for a short while but you can't live there
    A world based on the alps : somewhat, we have a mountain world but it is japanese.
    hotels: no, but rentals in every world help a bit

What we got
    tiny living: an unexpected but pleasant surprise. Too bad we didn't get bunk beds. I'd rather had those than the potentially lethal Murphy bed.
    eco llifestyle : not really my cup of tea but at least I have to give the team credit to try something new. I almost bought it but realised I was not ready to face the stress with unwanted effects of NAPs
    Nifty knitting : nice, I will enjoy it. It comes close to what I would have liked. Sewing would have been even better.
    Journey to Batuu : fun pack despite the general opinion against it. Unfortunately this pack could have been so much more if this were a generic scifi pack with regular lots to build. So much wasted potential due to unnecessary restrictions (no regular lots, restricted clothing options, restrictions on inventory items, no occult powers on batuu, fake alien costumes which don't even cover the entire body, droids being dummies at home,... .) I am glad I waited for a sale.
    Snowy escape : looks great, I really hope it goes on sale at the end of the year so I can get it. The snow world is the only thing that comes close to what I would have wanted. I didn't expect it to be combined with a Japanese theme but I guess that combination works. I like both themes (snow and Japan)
    Updates: improvements to off the grid, the ladders, platforms, rentals in every world and sentiments. Those are the most important for my personal gameplay. When it comes to updates the content was very good, just don't break the game with updates.

In general the year was OK in terms of packs, but nearly all of them feel to have plenty of missed opportunities. The updates had great content, just wait until you know if a hotfix update is needed.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    No drums, no bands, no werewolves.
    No goth stuff pack.
    No elders game pack.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Don’t want to come off ungrateful but anything positive that’s been added this year has either come as a replacement for something else, had an ulterior motive or used as a cheap peace maker for understandably angry simmers.

Don’t get me wrong, some pieces have been nice and my game feels more or less improved by a percent or so, but nothing that’s been updated or released lately has been game changing. Even skins is only offering half of what it should to make sims really diverse and open to the players.

It’s okay but by no means did I get anything I specifically wanted, happy for the ones who did but personally, nada.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Well I couldn't say no because on the survey about the winter holiday, I wanted what we got in snowy escape. Disappointed in some areas but pretty satisfied overall.

Everything else in 2020 was just bad. I picked up that eco living 50% off and wellllll I haven't touched it. I really wanted to make a trashy area so the world works for me. I just hope the Eco footprint doesn't mess that up for me. Also I need to find a mod that keeps the sims from coughing when the air quality is bad. Knitting was ok for a while but none of my sims have been knitting in a while...LOL I think I just wanted the rocking chairs. I skipped everything else. In the end, only snowy escape really peaked my interest.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited December 2020
    Somewhat. I wanted a winter vacation world and a Japanese world which I suppose we got, but I don't like them being merged and Mt Komorebi didn't meet my expectations on what I wanted at all.

I wanted a pretty alpine ski village as a game pack with things like skating on frozen ponds, ice fishing, etc. Something like a community of cabins around a frozen lake, and then a second neighborhood with larger cabins built into the mountains and the winter sports activities. It would've been the perfect opportunity to use the terrain tools and have lots on different levels but instead all the lots in the winter area are literally just in a straight line on a completely flat area?? It just ruins it for me.

I wanted something like this with chalets built into the slopes
    ch_120396_swissalps_chaletlesetrennes_000_webhero_357_ret-1.jpg?w=1000
    I tried finding builds like this to put in my game but could barely find any that worked and I liked, and the majority were too big for the lot

With the Japanese part I wanted a world adventures vibe, like an Asian version of Jungle adventure. I wanted pretty Japanese gardens and temples and that sort of thing but there's none of that.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Sentiments was a nice little insert, but no I got nothing... Oh well.
    I'm hoping 2021 brings Werewolves, and a Farming Pack.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    A little, I was hoping for a winter wonderland themed type pack (though I thought it would be a GP not an EP) and while it's nice, not having hotels was a huge drawback for me.

Eco pack and Star Wars pack are a joke to me, personally. I bought the first for build items that look kind of junky but the gameplay was detrimental. Didn't even by the Star Wars pack, and I'm a huge Star Wars fan. Only the second pack I've never bought from a main Sims game (after KPST from Sims 3) but I'm changing that after this year and only buying what really am hoping we get.

the Stuff Packs were okay. Tiny Living would actually have been a theme I would have loved to see more gameplay and unique dual functions for objects with, like a GP, and the lack of a bunkbed is a HUGE misstep. Nifty Knitting is decent though.

No werewolves (though I didn't think they'd do a supernatural this year so I wasn't expecting it). No hotels. No bunkbeds, no body hair, no freed babies, so what we got ranges from disappointing to fairly decent, but nothing outstanding.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    It was an good year. I had fun and it's all be rolled into my game... but I do want some things that didn't come. Thing is I fully expect most of what I want in the game to come in the next few years... and yes I think it's got years left.

Snowy Escape: this is a great pack to me. It gave me things I wanted and things I didn't expect but want. I'm really enjoying the sentiments and lifestyles. The Japanese inspired culture and builds... I could go on and on. This is a favored pack and the highlight for this year for me.

Tiny Living and Nifty Knitting: I liked them both. I got a good boost for living tiny and CAS I liked and a new death. Knitting gave me an in depth hobby and more.

Eco Pack: Not a favorite in EP ranking for me, but I do like a lot of elements in this pack. The careers, the stuff that boosts my creepy sims lives. Still haven't done much of off grid anything and I turn off community voting. The CAS and things were nice though and I got some hobbies I'll use now and then, especially candlemaking.

Journey to Batuu: I got it and enjoyed it but not sure my sims will go back much, but I'm sure I will use it again depending on the sim and interests. I'll use the CAS though for other things things though so it was worth it to me.

Also got a lot of base game add ons that were great the window placement things, the platforms. Skin tones of course. Firefighter and Repoman, better inventory and some other stuff I liked the hispanic stuff.

I'd give it a better mark but there have been better years for me.
    egTcBMc.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I was pleasantly surprised by EcoLiving. I love that pack and it gives me tons of gameplay that I really didn't think I'd like or use.

I love Snowy Escape's landscape but have been disappointed with the pathetic lack of romance in any of the packs. WE WANT MORE ROMANCE PEOPLE! Why not have a cuddle on the toboggan or have a nice romantic sleigh ride? Hmmm??? Oh yeah...MEN are making these packs and they don't do romance. I'm so tired of it.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I wanted more hobbies, and EL and NK and SL all provide some of that. Didn't get the big things I wanted like werewolves, but at least it's something.