Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They should do a stuff pack for men.

Comments

• Options
    OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    I'm glad I have some support. :lol:

Seriously, a Garage Pack is the best way I've thought of to tie as many Man Things into a pack, without calling it a Man Pack. So I'm standing by it until someone comes up with a better idea.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 , you forgot Nifty Dudes! C'mon! :open_mouth:
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

Oh how COULD I ?! 😂
    That’s the best one yet!

Although Courtyard Dude and Country Dude sounds pretty alright to me too.

I still have hope for Garages & Cars & Bands in the Sims 4.
    But sure I can wait another 7 years if I must...
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    Here you are talking about more traditionally male fashion and here I am having trouble finding a single regular pair of jeans (ie not torn, not tight, not short, just you know a normal everyday pair). The last ones came with base game and they are severely out of fashion. I also wouldn't mind some nice trendy t-shirt, but alas. The male wardrobe needs lots of love.
  • Options
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7

My First Dude would be perfect !

@LeGardePourpre
    Remember My First Dude requires the Dudes and Dudes EP to run properly.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I play equally with my male and female sims so I'd always be interested in this theme.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I'm glad I have some support. :lol:

Seriously, a Garage Pack is the best way I've thought of to tie as many Man Things into a pack, without calling it a Man Pack. So I'm standing by it until someone comes up with a better idea.

I would buy this in an instant! 🎉🎉🎉

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    How about a City of Dudes? :D
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    It's already been said that they can't call it a "Man Pack" apparently. So I want a Garage Pack then.

There are garage bands. So yeah, give us bands already! DUDES LOVE BANDS!

I've known a few people who have converted their garages into bars. So give us pool tables and pinball machines. Maybe craft beer if you want to be super cool about it. DUDES LOVE BARS!

Restoration is often performed in a garage. So junk cars, but other junk would be rad too. I mean, there is handiness, but I guess I think of it as something different. I know a lot of dudes who are gearheads and love working on things like cars and music gear, but I don't know a single dude who is into woodworking. So yeah, more of a Restoration hobby is more what I would like to see I guess. Maybe the ability to restore more of the stuff you find dumpster diving. (If you don't have EL, some of that stuff is fixable, but some is unsalvageable like what happens after a fire.) DUDES LOVE RESTORING STUFF!

Sports equipment is often stored in a garage. So give us more sports representation. At least some decorations. Signed baseballs, trophies from their high school glory days. DUDES LOVE SPORTSBALL!

Yard working gear is often stored in garages too. So yeah, give us the ability to mow the lawn, trim hedges, etc. Even if it doesn't visually grow, you could give us some other indication that the lawn needs mowing. DUDES HATE LOVE YARDWORK!

BONUSES:
    Cars (some people want those badly)
    Mechanic and possibly also Refurbisher Careers. Those can go with the Mechanic Skill.
    Model building. Same vein, really. The guys I know who like to work on big cars, also like to put together tiny ones. :lol:
    I love the barber/shaving idea. I don't know how that would fit into garages, but I would love to see it.
    And of course, we finally need a rock/classic rock/arena rock radio station for them to blast in their driveways on a hot day.
    DUDES LOVE ALL THOSE THINGS!

Let's give the Dudes Garages some love! They've been waiting too long, and they deserve it. Most of my favorite people are dudes places are garages.

And yes, I've said most of it before, but it bears repeating.

I would love all of these things!
  • Options
    navyshadesnavyshades Posts: 15 Member
    > @CAPTAIN_NXR7 said:
    > I can easily think of all kind of packs for us dudes:
    > * Dream Dude Decorator.
    > * Dude Lifestyle.
    > * Get Dude.
    > * Realm of Dudes.
    > * Dudes.
    > * Bust the Dude.
    > * Dude Adventures.
    > * Dudes Escape.
    > * Discover Dudes.
    > * Dudes and Dudes.
    > * Duderville.
    > * Dudehood.
    > * Dude Out.
    > * Dude Day.
    > * Dude Retreat.
    > * Journey to Dude.
    > * Tiny Dudes.
    > * My First Dude.
    > * Dude Night.
    > * Vintage Dude.
    > * Cool Dude.
    > * Perfect Dude.
    >
    >
    > Etc.
    >
    > You get the gist. C’mon Maxis, it ain’t that hard!

Surely it would be Journey to Badude?
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    The garage pack sounds like a great idea, could include plenty of common clothes that the average guy would actually wear too.
    Women can of course use all the stuff too but for once they could have like more clothing for men than for women in the pack and a nice amount of beards. Like 2/3th of the clothes for men and 1/3th for women. Usually it's the other way around and well, men are in desperate need of more options and women not so much.

A renaissance fair game pack could also work as something that could appeal to men as well as women if done properly.
    I mean, they already have sword fight animations for lightsabers. Won't need much changing to let Sims fight with swords in a fighting pit or pen at this fair, where they could also win special swords in various ways.
    There could also be archery at the fair, a competition could be entered but the archery target could also be available at home and the object could also allow for all kinds of trick shots.
    Could also be some crafts to learn, like smithing, basket weaving or whatever else they can make a fun new skill of that could let sims make some useful objects.
    Also a medieval banquet table where sims will eat with their hands.
    And of course plenty of build mode items to build your own castle and decorate it, with options in all categories and of course medieval garb, beards, hairstyles, hats, statues, etc.
    Also a good pack to add a new supernatural creature, and provide new options for mages.
    Could also be a theatre stage that could allow sims to do all kinds of performances, new instruments, etc.

• Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    A renaissance fair game pack could also work as something that could appeal to men as well as women if done properly.

Yep Yep Yep! <3 A great suggestion. It would also have to have dragons!

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2021
    Have they ever said why we have so few facial hairs? Most of my CC is either shoes or beards for men.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    I love the idea of Dudes Night. With a poker table! All the man cave stuff, out of fashion basics for dad bods.

I need a sailor's uniform and a captain's hat, but once I get started just toss in the whole village people.

Ohhh could we get YMCA in simlish? That would be amazing. Young man! I said young man!
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Have they ever said why we have so few facial hairs? Most of my CC is either shoes or beards for men.

I asked about beard’s ‘n bodyhair at the 411 but all I got was silence.
    It’s a tough world for dudes these days...😜
  • Options
    Here's an irreverent thought for like minded people - Since the sims 4 seems to be mirroring Mattel's Barbie with CAS, then perhaps the developers should be gently reminded, there is also a Ken, with his own wonderful dream wardrobe and play items! No body hair though. Sorry Captain.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Kironide wrote: »
    Here's an irreverent thought for like minded people - Since the sims 4 seems to be mirroring Mattel's Barbie with CAS, then perhaps the developers should be gently reminded, there is also a Ken, with his own wonderful dream wardrobe and play items! No body hair though. Sorry Captain.

He should be able to live in his own wardrobe. Like this fella:

6-AD17639-135-D-4130-8-D37-26-B9556-F0-F00.jpg

Sure look at him. At least he has the decency not to wear his shoes inside the wardrobe.

He’ll also be able to wear his own clone.

Lovin’ the shirts. ❤️
  • Options

Sure look at him. At least he has the decency not to wear his shoes inside the wardrobe.

Lovin’ the shirts. ❤️

LOL :D No one puts Ken in a corner box!
  • Options

Lovin’ the shirts. ❤️

Well at least he can grow some body hair while he’s in there!
  • Options

Lovin’ the shirts. ❤️

Well at least he can grow some body hair while he’s in there!

:) Agreed!
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    The craziest thing might be that there's like a hundred different options for eyeshadow which you can also modify and all that, but only about ten facial hair options.
    It perfectly symbolises the double standards.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    I was looking at kits and thought of this thread. There is a lack of male clothing asserts. My male Sims look like they’re part of a club! 🙄 I often pick the same things just different colour swatches.

I have bought both BB kits as the kitchen and courtyard themes appealed. If they want to entice me to buy other kits though, presently that’s not happened. Kits are meant to reflect an aspect of CAS, BB or gameplay.

I wondered if a male clothes kit might be an option adding body hair too. It would be small so those who don’t want it can leave it. 2 body hair options, 5 new tops, 3 new vests, 3 new jeans (different leg cuts) and then some new jumpers, coats and jackets for the reminder. I think the limit for kits is about 22-23 items? So it’s doable. 🥺

Perhaps EA/Maxis would consider making a kit over a stuff pack?

It would the name of the pack though. I’d like Cool Dude Kit. 👍

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    Agreed, and they could add an exercise bench and dumbbells as the gameplay item.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited June 2021
    • Drawing / Making comics
    • Playing squash
    • Collecting :
      • Car
      • Comic
      • Sneaker
      • Watch

emnwmo10.jpg
    psc_ny10.jpg
    sddefa10.jpg
    41124610.jpg
    maxres21.jpg
    watch-10.jpg

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I think they should put more male clothing and hair in the basegame. With the current options I end up using the same clothes over and over. Also there are only 2 balding options for hair, and 1 receeding hair style which is common for middle aged men so there should be more options. They need to add a bald patch hairstyle where there's a bald spot at the top near the back of the head and a hair style with that and the receeding hairline. That is quite common for males in my family.
    Calico45 wrote: »
    While I agree that the traditionally masculine cosmetics feel neglected and could use addressing, I doubt that they would want to openly acknowledge anything too close to a gender dichotomy with this. They have put a fair bit of effort into unisex CAS assets,

And that's the problem. They're focusing so much on being "inclusive" and allowing your Sim to be whatever gender they want to be that they are completely ignoring those who want their male Sims to be masculine and their female Sims to be feminine. Mainly the male Sims in this case. A lot are being ignored because of "gender diversity".

I agree with your point that masculinity is comparatively sidelined in this game, perhaps to focus on the increasing majority of the remaining player base which is slanting more heavily to people who care primarily about making pretty Sims, having loads of feminine hairstyles and clothing, and decorative nonfunctional objects with which to adorn interiors. The adventure, danger, consequences, and surprises that made earlier Sims appealing to everyone (not just dollhouse players) is conspicuously attenuated in Sims4 and I think has driven off most of the player base aside from dollhouse/fashion players. Masculinity does need more representation in the game.

I disagree with the premise that the dearth of choices for representing masculinity is due to more gender-diverse options, though. One doesn't take from the other, and there can and ought to be more choices for masculine hair and clothing.

And gender diversity is real, so doesn't need quotes around it.

One of my peeves is the culinary uniform puts a feminine chest on whoever wears it, whether they want it or not.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg