Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How have the last 4 years been?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited December 2020
    So for me, TS4 looks great even if it’s lacking in some departments. The graphics look great on my Mac, and I love how much is included in CAS and build mode. You can make some fine looking sims in this game.

My gameplay style is complicated. I get bored if I don’t use cheats and mods so I guess I’m not as disappointed as others that personalities and game play are dull at times. I’m just gonna cheat to make my sims do whatever I want, use pose packs to take really nice photos for my sims to hang in their houses, and build really cool stuff. I just pretend my sims are more unique and nuanced then they really are lol.

So it all depends on what you’re looking for in the game. I don’t think I’ll ever be a player who plays a vanilla game without cheats so a lot of what gameplay is lacking doesn’t bother me too much
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Better than the first two years. Total game is worth $780 retail value not counting sales and international taxes. Compared to similar genre games like Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing, growth in the game itself has been slow and painful. Sims 4 is an ok game but I wouldn't recommend it being the only game to play. Taken a lot of patience and constructive feedback to get the game to where it is now. Thanks to brave Simmers like Sparkfairy and Xmiramira the game has improved with their conversations with the Gurus about ideas for toddlers and skin tones. I am so proud of these powerhouse women getting things progressing with the franchise.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited December 2020
    I find my interest pulling more to playing the Sims 3 lately just because it seems to have more focus on family play and that has always been the type of content that I enjoy most in the Sims games.

The Sims 4 seems to be rather buggy at the moment, there are some issues with cooking food that are driving me crazy. I still love the Sims 4 though. I have big attachment to all my sims in the Sims 4 and I don’t think I will stop playing it at any point.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited December 2020
    So for me, TS4 looks great even if it’s lacking in some departments. The graphics look great on my Mac, and I love how much is included in CAS and build mode. You can make some fine looking sims in this game.

My gameplay style is complicated. I get bored if I don’t use cheats and mods so I guess I’m not as disappointed as others that personalities and game play are dull at times. I’m just gonna cheat to make my sims do whatever I want, use pose packs to take really nice photos for my sims to hang in their houses, and build really cool stuff. I just pretend my sims are more unique and nuanced then they really are lol.

So it all depends on what you’re looking for in the game. I don’t think I’ll ever be a player who plays a vanilla game without cheats so a lot of what gameplay is lacking doesn’t bother me too much

I truly understand this now.
    I have been putting off using mods because the game is updated so often and can break them.
    Plus I am concerned that the modder might not be as quick to update a broken mod or abandon it before the game is complete.

But now that I have a few mods, the game is so much better.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds