Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP 10 "Snowy Escape" Trailer - Let's Watch it Together

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Omg it looks so fun!!!!! Words cannot describe 😭😭😭😭😭 I seen so many things in there I totally love!! The Bowing, the low table, the kids on the sled the hot springs the...... everything!!😭😭😭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    So I suppose no hotels then. Well... That's a disappointment. Other than that, it's very pretty and fun.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Looks great! I can't wait!
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited October 2020
    Ok so I saw :
    -Onsen
    -Skiing
    -Sledding
    -Snowboarding
    - NEW KITCHEN COUNTERS, (and island, and stove, and fridge but no cabinets it seems ,* ahem*....). I wish they were more versatile though and I hope these counters also have CLOSED off versions.
    - NEW COOKING APPLIANCE : Fondue pot ?
    - The world is stunning.
    - I saw nice new hairs (finally new pigtail braids).

Nothing about hotels though :(
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    So I suppose no hotels then. Well... That's a disappointment. Other than that, it's very pretty and fun.

We might get something, there was a new lot type on the leaked map that could be a resort of some kind.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Here is the press release in case anyone else hasn't seen it:
    https://ir.ea.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2020/Bundle-Up-For-The-Ultimate-Winter-Getaway-In-The-Sims-4-Snowy-Escape-Available-November-13/default.aspx

I'm trying not to get too excited but SQUEEEE!!! It sounds amazing!!!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    So Sushi, I wonder if it will be like fruit cake, that the Sims either hate it or love it! Looks like a very fun EP
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited October 2020
    For those wondering, the world will have vacation AND residential lots. No hotels but it's something. I like this happy medium of having both options.
    Rent one of the vacation lots or build your own home when you arrive in Mt. Komorebi! Find inspiration all around town for your next project, whatever it is. New features like shoji doors, tile roofs, and tatami mats lean into the Japanese inspiration behind the pack, and going forward, you can also start playing with customizable platforms! But that’s not all. Fill your home with both modern and traditional furniture options, and make sure to add a cozy kotatsu table for group meals like hot pot.

Also, more activities for children!
    It’s not just for adults, either. Children can ski and snowboard on the less challenging trails while parents take their toddlers sledding! It’s snow fun for everyone.

Blog: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/snowy-escape-reveal
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

We might get something, there was a new lot type on the leaked map that could be a resort of some kind.

Description or press release says nothing about hotels too. But there's an interesting part:
    The Sims 4 Snowy Escape also introduces Lifestyles and Sentiments features, adding more depth to Sims’ personalities and relationships. For the first time, up to 16 Lifestyles will manifest in response to a Sim’s actions and habits, changing their behaviors significantly more than Create a Sim traits as they reflect a Sim’s lived experiences. Sentiments represent how two Sims can feel differently about the outcome of a shared experience and have a lasting impact on Sims’ relationships to each other, affecting their social interactions.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I'm so thrilled that "meditating on mindful walks" is an option! One of my very favorite mods is the Thinking trait that is sort of like this. WHEE!!! And I already know which Sim will be snowboarding immediately!
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Description or press release says nothing about hotels too. But there's an interesting part:
    The Sims 4 Snowy Escape also introduces Lifestyles and Sentiments features, adding more depth to Sims’ personalities and relationships. For the first time, up to 16 Lifestyles will manifest in response to a Sim’s actions and habits, changing their behaviors significantly more than Create a Sim traits as they reflect a Sim’s lived experiences. Sentiments represent how two Sims can feel differently about the outcome of a shared experience and have a lasting impact on Sims’ relationships to each other, affecting their social interactions.

That’s the main thing I’m sus about. I’ve had to use mods for that so far so it’ll be nice to see how they implement it into the game officially.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Lifestyle and sentiments ? Yaaaaaaaaaaaay !!

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    oh boy am i confused hold up while i actually realize whats what
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

That’s the main thing I’m sus about. I’ve had to use mods for that so far so it’ll be nice to see how they implement it into the game officially.

Yes I'm so curious about this. Will it be good? Will it be bad? Will it break everything? Or will our sims finally feel sufficiently different from each other ..........? Also, how do I feel about personality improvements being locked into expansion packs? Not sure... not sure at all. But at least they're trying huh.
  • Options
    RehemaMSRehemaMS Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Rouensims said:
    > So is it hotels or houses? I couldn't tell.

I saw a youtube comment that said there wont be hotels. Not sure if that's correct but yh
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    I'm so excited!!! I can't wait to see how the lifestyles and sentiments will give them more personality
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    It's beautiful! <3 I watched the trailer (more than once), read the blog and looked at everything else that's currently available, and there is not a single thing I dislike about it right now. I can't wait for the livestream! (There's going to be one, right?) If everything is just half as cool as it looks, this could easily become one of my favourite EPs.
  • Options
    nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member
    They nailed the trailer for this one (and they really needed a win after the um... reaction... to the last pack.) Song is a bop too. :smiley: Really liked seeing the onsen stuff and the low table with the hot pot. I hope we also have a non-winter version of that table too.
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Here is the press release in case anyone else hasn't seen it:
    https://ir.ea.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2020/Bundle-Up-For-The-Ultimate-Winter-Getaway-In-The-Sims-4-Snowy-Escape-Available-November-13/default.aspx

I'm trying not to get too excited but SQUEEEE!!! It sounds amazing!!!

"The first world in The Sims 4 to introduce both residential homes and rental lots for vacationers." I got the impression that the snowy mountain part is the "destination world" part and the rest are residential, so at least the PR kind of confirms it.

I'm a bit sad that the lifestyles/sentiments feature seems to be locked in with this pack, and not an update to the base-game personality mechanics.
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Yes I'm so curious about this. Will it be good? Will it be bad? Will it break everything? Or will our sims finally feel sufficiently different from each other ..........? Also, how do I feel about personality improvements being locked into expansion packs? Not sure... not sure at all. But at least they're trying huh.

Need to learn more about this, but right now all I can think of is hoping that my existing sims will not be given a random lifestyle. We'll need to be able to set it ourselves, so many aspects of my sims' lives do exist only inside my head, LOL.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

However they seem to have made vacation lots AND regular homes in the world so I imagine vacations in general are going to get an overhaul. I know that people have been clamoring for there to be vacations in various worlds for a while now. Perhaps the vacation lots are in a patch so we can have control over which worlds are considered a vacation. Perhaps they will make vacation worlds able to be residential now too??! I really hope so!
  • Options
    WAIT ! The snow looks deep here !!

ssKYb2c.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Here are a few tings I saw in the trailer. The ones with (?) are the ones I saw but don't know about for sure.

Listed in order seen in the trailer:
    1. Snowboarding
    2. Skiing
    3. Sledding (two person)
    4. Gondolas (?) (probably set dressing but might trigger a sims relocation from one place to another)
    5. Train at station (?) (could this be a form of transport to this world similar to the Falcon arriving at your front door?)
    6. Rock climbing outdoors
    7. Mountain climbing/hiking
    8. Camping on the mountaintop
    9. New hot springs
    10. New type of gym/spa (probably has to do with a public hot springs location)
    11. Japanese theme (YES!)
    12. Walking trails with photo ops similar to Selvadorada
    13. Outdoor Asian artifacts to discover
    14. Souvenir shop (?)
    15. New snow monster costume
    16. Guest maps both in hand (tourist) and on a board
    17. Blue floating fish creature (real or kids imagination?)
    18. Tons of indoor/outdoor Asian build/buy stuff
    19. New kitchen set
    20. 2 new fireplaces
    21. Eating cross-legged on the floor at a low table
    22. New recipes
    23. New soda/food machine (?)
    24. Lifestyles & Sentiment affects sims personality
    25. Possible rentals but no sign of hotels (yet)

These are just the first impression of what I saw in the trailer. Overall, as much as I hate to say it, I am very excited for this pack despite not having seen any hint of a hotel addition, but it could be there hiding in wait. As a pack, it seems very full. I love the Japanese theme and the idea that your sim is in Japan based on the views and reactions of other sims like bowing when meeting. I love that I will be able to create a Zen garden. I'm curious about the statement concerning shoe removal when entering a certain type of doorway.

Based only one one trailer and blog post, if this is what we get when game changers
    assist" with the creation of a pack, let's make it a thing. And if Lilsimsie created any builds in this pack, I look forward to "improving" hers too!. ;
  • Options
    I just pre-ordered it!
  • Options
    CladriahCladriah Posts: 69 Member
    Did I see sushi and kimonos
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

I read somewhere that the new lot type was for purchasing a second home.