Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP 10 "Snowy Escape" Trailer - Let's Watch it Together

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I just watched the newest trailer. I find it a curious choice, given recent events, to replace the girl in the onsen who appeared to be Japanese with a girl who appears to be of European descent.

Trying to be inclusive and non-stereotyping, but failing to notice both Sims shown in a Japanese setting are white? Typical.

It could be that they are using the new skin tones which we haven't got yet and don't want to show them?
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I just watched the newest trailer. I find it a curious choice, given recent events, to replace the girl in the onsen who appeared to be Japanese with a girl who appears to be of European descent.

Trying to be inclusive and non-stereotyping, but failing to notice both Sims shown in a Japanese setting are white? Typical.

They could have used the black woman they use in the still from the "shop stick" render.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    No sim was replaced in the hot springs. They are simply different sims. And, this being mostly a vacation pack, it would make perfect sense to have sims from other worlds enjoying the bathhouse.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    The initial trailer shows a lot off good things I'm looking forward to having in my game. Can't wait until the game play trailer is released.

This pic shows some very nice additions that I'm happy are included.
    snowy-escape.jpg

I mean I gotta admit, that table is pretty awesome! Just the fact that for once our sims do something, in group, while sitting down, is pretty cool :D

I do wonder if they get up repeatedly and change pillows. :D

LOL is all I can say 🤣
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    Today's Teaser revealed the Gameplay Trailer is coming soon but the question is how soon? TheSims on Twitter didn't say it was coming out Tomorrow so Wednesday? Normally a trailer comes out the next day after the teaser.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member

That's the teaser not the gameplay trailer.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Today's Teaser revealed the Gameplay Trailer is coming soon but the question is how soon? TheSims on Twitter didn't say it was coming out Tomorrow so Wednesday? Normally a trailer comes out the next day after the teaser.

I wonder too, I feel it should drop today? Would make the most sense.
  • OceanbornAngel13OceanbornAngel13 Posts: 104 Member
    Dear EA,

Please, I want this new content to be good because I hate having to validate and justify to people why I will not play Paralives, think it's an ugly game and why I stick with The Sims.
    You know, I don't just play The Sims 4. ^_^
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Jeez people, let it go. Move on. What's done, is done.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I do find it telling that the "game play trailers" tend to barely have any gameplay in them, because that summarizes the whole game.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    looks great to me alot of things to do....LOVE
  • MoQMoQ Posts: 16 Member
    Ok but did anyone else notice the music? I don't even know how to describe some of those background sounds.
  • theonlytara42theonlytara42 Posts: 22 Member
    Actually looking forward to it more then the "star wars" one! Would LOVE if they had resort/hotel options for building but not very confident that this will be the case. But it is nice that they have another "vacation" like world to go to, its one of the few things I miss of SIMS3 was the various vacation worlds. Gonna be a fun Christmas!!!
  • Frederike29Frederike29 Posts: 5 New Member
    I thought it would've been nice if there were some new careers surrounding the skiing or mountain climbing, it would've been a great addition to the current sports/active career! All in all I am excited about the new pack but there are a couple of things I would've liked which would've made it more well rounded. :)
  • MarceloSimPlayerMarceloSimPlayer Posts: 4 New Member
    looks good but very recycled
  • jenpow01jenpow01 Posts: 28 Member
    I can't wait for this pack to release. Looking forward to all aspects of it. I have always liked vacation packs in all Sims games. The world in this one looks gorgeous, and there seems to be so much to do for all ages. The upcoming patch hopefully adds working vacations in other worlds that function well.
  • IlyIly Posts: 17 Member
    > @EA_Leeloo
    I´m so waiting for my snow life :D Let´s Dance .... jihuu !!!
  • masserartmasserart Posts: 1 New Member
    > @EA_Leeloo said:
    > Sul sul Simmers!
    >
    > As you all know, today is the day. Finally, the "Snowy Escape" official reveal trailer is about to drop!
    >
    > So, let's watch it together! :smiley:
    >
    > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwOpX9pWsdU
    >
    > Wat did you think? Share our first impressions!
    >
    > - Leeloo

awesome
  • ExperitculusExperitculus Posts: 35 Member
    I was about to buy it tonight, but it wasn’t for sale. :/

“For choice and will are directly governed by God for good works, as the Scripture says in Proverbs xxi: The heart of the king is in the hand of the Lord; he turneth it whithersoever he will. And it says “the heart of the king” to signify that, as the great cannot oppose His will, so are others even less able to do so. Also S. Paul says: God who causeth us to wish and to perform that which is good.”
    “But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raises the dead.”
  • KhalanyKhalany Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm looking forward to playing. I love that!! <3
  • DarkwingzDarkwingz Posts: 83 Member
    Can we still bow to shrines, or did everything get censored?
    You can search for my builds with EA Account ID: MASTERDARKWINGZ
    No longer taking build requests/questions, sorry.
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    I am getting Snowy Escape as a Christmas present from my husband and I am really excited! You know, I kinda feel like when I was a kid that looked forward to Christmas because of the presents XD Because now as an adult I can buy things for myself most of the time, so the magic is kinda gone, but when I watched the trailer and other LP of this pack I got really exicted and wanted to retain the excitement magic for longer, so when I was thinking about what I could want for Christmas it was a no brainer for me. I think this is definitely gonna be one of my most favorite EP of TS4. <3
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Darkwingz wrote: »

Everything got censored. There are mods you can use, though, to bow and to give offerings at shrines.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ExperitculusExperitculus Posts: 35 Member
    Darkwingz wrote: »

Everything got censored. There are mods you can use, though, to bow and to give offerings at shrines.

Any energy dedicated to mods gives reverence to the very thing they intend to defy, for mods enhance the Sims franchise, and the Sims franchise is the thing that mods intend to defy.

“But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raises the dead.”
  • evesdayevesday Posts: 10 New Member
    Does this expansion have maneki nekos? I prefer cute waving kitties over daruma dolls