Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP 10 "Snowy Escape" Trailer - Let's Watch it Together

Comments

• Options
    tamako3tamako3 Posts: 52 Member
    ⛩The arch itself shows the passage of God. The tomb never sits near or inside the arch of this shrine as a filthy being.
    In Japan, we pray to the dead at the Buddhist altar, separate from the tomb.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    tamako3 wrote: »
    ⛩The arch itself shows the passage of God. The tomb never sits near or inside the arch of this shrine as a filthy being.
    In Japan, we pray to the dead at the Buddhist altar, separate from the tomb.

Thank you for explaining.
  • Options
    It is forbidden to place a tomb near the arch of this mark. The shrine belongs to God and should not be involved in the dead or the graveyard.
    It is said that there should be no graveyard in the arch of the shrine.
    The dead are prayed by monks and placed at home as Buddhist altars.
    The tomb is located in a temple dedicated to the dead, but Zen temples do not.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited October 2020
    tamako3 wrote: »
    It is forbidden to place a tomb near the arch of this mark. The shrine belongs to God and should not be involved in the dead or the graveyard.
    It is said that there should be no graveyard in the arch of the shrine.
    The dead are prayed by monks and placed at home as Buddhist altars.
    The tomb is located in a temple dedicated to the dead, but Zen temples do not.

We don't know where any of these items are placed and it might be better to wait until the walkthru. by SimGuruGraham on 30th October. They appear to be on some kind of tourist path so could be some distance apart.

I wouldn't be surprised if some Simmers might take every bit of Japanese out that world in their own games to create their own fantasy worlds like they have done with every other world, as I do with Oasis Springs, Newcrest and Willow Creek. I get rid of all the American stuff and create English suburbs. They really are just templates and suggestions in game by EA.

• Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    Is it true that there will be trains in this pack?
  • Options
    I don't think that Japanese people care about playing as an object as an individual because they have little faith.
    However, if EA is studying and making culture, building a tomb in the arch of a shrine is likely to be offensive to the Japanese.
    Because it's like building a family grave on top of the image of God.
    I was very happy that he used Japan as a theme.
    But isn't it risky that EA games are involved in religion? I thought about this time.
  • Options
    MaerndyMaerndy Posts: 5 New Member
    I have high hopes for this one!
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited October 2020
    I am currently building the house shown in the Snowy Escape trailer but in sims 3

Still WIP am in game now

jjCgMmD.png
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    DcD2510 wrote: »

There is a train that pulls in and out of the train station but I doubt that it can be played. It's probably for decor only, much like the gondolas I suspect.
  • Options
    CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    There is a train that pulls in and out of the train station but I doubt that it can be played. It's probably for decor only, much like the gondolas I suspect.[/quote]

Gondola is confirmed as a usable object. I think they'll just go in it and disappear and you can watch it move, but there won't be any animations of doors opening/closing. Same thing probably with the train.

• Options
    CopperBolt wrote: »
    There is a train that pulls in and out of the train station but I doubt that it can be played. It's probably for decor only, much like the gondolas I suspect.

Gondola is confirmed as a usable object. I think they'll just go in it and disappear and you can watch it move, but there won't be any animations of doors opening/closing. Same thing probably with the train.

[/quote]

Well, that's not really a usable object then is it? It's similar to the boat in Brindleton Bay that, when clicked on, teleports you to the island or back from it, but has no actual boat traveling animations.
  • Options
    MoonSimmer1MoonSimmer1 Posts: 24 Member
    I already got the winter vibe. ❄☃️😇
  • Options
    What is this queasy feeling in my gut? What's happening to me? Oh no.............do I have.......... WINTER PEPS? :D
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I have watched the trailer several times now and I feel very disappointed on a personal level. This is NOT an attack on the Sims team, It looks very well made and thought thru, but as I have stated elsewhere the ONLY thing in it that is of any interest to me is the personality overhaul. Which means I am paying 40 dollars for one feature.

I cannot thing a single thing in the trailer that is interesting to me as the way I play the Sims; but it has happened before. I bought Making Magic on sale ONLY because of one single leather dress in CAS. I have yet to even visit the map (not the magic map, but the regular map even); the idea of playing a wizard is that unappealing to me.

Unfortunately I don't see myself ever visting the world here either, but I will have to pay full price for it since I can't get the personality patch otherwise.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    I'm actually super excited for this! New activities, new items, new things to do! And the fact that it's Japanese themed! I'm so stoked. I honestly thought we'd get an evil vs good pack, or a superhero vs villain pack, maybe with robbers but this is 1000x better!
    TTOVikb.png
    Follow my IGN: Cynquilla

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    DcD2510 wrote: »

It might be set dressing rather than actual transportation, similar to the freight trains you can see from the Crick Cabana neighborhood in Willow Creek or the trolley car in the Goth neighborhood or the elevated trains in San Myshuno. It's still kind of cool though.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    edited October 2020
    I could understand being angry if they included something truly offensive like Yasukuni Shrine in the game, but accurate representation of Japanese culture is not a slight against Korea.
    Screenshot-20201022-143836-Chrome.jpg

And really funny thing is Korean themselves have exactly same shrine motion and culture there. First picture is that one koreans feel offended and last two things are photos taken recently in Korea. Are there any differences between first one and last 2 pictures ?? Some koreans need to learn about their own shrine culture and history and not to be too ignorant.
    Post edited by s1mszzang on
  • Options
    Hollie9Hollie9 Posts: 3 New Member
    Man and here I thought I finally caught up lol.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    s1mszzang wrote: »
    I could understand being angry if they included something truly offensive like Yasukuni Shrine in the game, but accurate representation of Japanese culture is not a slight against Korea.

And really funny thing is Korean themselves have exactly same shrine motion and culture there. First picture is that one koreans feel offended and last two things are photos taken recently in Korea. Are there any differences between first one and last 2 pictures ?? Some koreans need to learn about their own shrine culture and history and not to be too ignorant.

Is that little blue flower creature a Kami from the Shinto tradition?
  • Options
    s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    edited October 2020
    Simburian wrote: »
    s1mszzang wrote: »

Korea and Japan used to have the similar ritual customs . Not only some Koreans cannot tell the difference between Yasukuni Shirne and casual shrine which is like just Wishing Well we already have in sims game, they ignore on purpose Korea itself has similar prayer culture.

I already know there is one strange person in korea's community who ordered to spam thousands of wrong informations repeatedly on this forum, Youtube, instagram, Ea, Twitter, Tumblr and to every simgurus to eliminate of shrine animation and some japanese items. Just before they follow one weirdo's order to spam same fake informations over and over just like lifeless zombies, they need to think themselves at first.

Some(Yes I said 'some' because there are lots of Koreans who are against those zombies) Koreans lost their mind because of Anti-Japan and Boycotting Japan movement being taken place there for political reasons and Shrine is just their excuses to express their hatred/jealousy toward japan so they made up false informations. Some of them even want to cancel this expansion not only just remove a few japanese items and motions.

Don't like this game? Then just don't buy it. They have no right to take away MY RIGHT TO ENJOY THIS FULL GAME.
    Post edited by s1mszzang on
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »
    » show previous quotes

I think different. It seems to be a "ghost" or "fairy" as others wrote. In Japan, there are famous youkai called "Yuki Onna" and "Yukinko". I think it was made into a character and made cute.
    Japan is a polytheistic country where eight million gods and Buddhist Buddhists coexist.
    Those who do not understand the concept of polytheism will not understand it, but the one in the picture is very similar to the "祠" type that contains the fox god and the local gods that are different from Shinto.
    Many gods and Buddhists, as well as many local gods and fox gods, are enshrined.
    "Senbon Torii", which is famous for sightseeing in Japan, is also a god of prosperous business called "Inari", which is often found in Japan with the fox god.
    The number of gods is as large as in India.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Here's a little Asian historical fact: Back in the Han Dynasty (220 BCE to 206 BCE) China, some of the people left the country to found Japan, Korea & other countries. Also, China was founded after 4000 BCE.
  • Options
    urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    OMG Yayyyyyyyy, EA Back, Welcome back EA, 12 more days Cant wait :smiley:
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    uryga wrote: »
    OMG Yayyyyyyyy, EA Back, Welcome back EA, 12 more days Cant wait :smiley:

I mean I buy these things DESPITE EA.
    What was it, three weeks ago now EA got caught deliberately trying to turn 8 year olds int gambling addicts? (The marketing department for EA Sports put ads in a gaming magazine for the 7-10 age bracket about very rare loot boxes in FIFA that they should try to get (with real money).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    When is the next release of information on the pack?