Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do your pets watch you

Comments

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    @catmando830 That's funny, when I saw your picture, my first thought was, they're like my kitties, just a bit younger! Mine (there's 3 of them) are about 5 months old.
    This one is the best behaved when indoors. His brother and sister are usually trying to attack the cables of my headphones, mouse or just cables under the desk. Although the brother, did watch build mode for a moment yesterday, but then started attacking the mouse on screen :joy:
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    K_PlaysK_Plays Posts: 102 Member
    I thought this post was going to be about Sim pets being weird. The other day, three cats were just hanging out in the bathroom watching my Sim take a bath.

In real life, my hamster is unconcerned with my Sim playing.
  • Options
    manyamanya Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes i have a dog and two cats, when I start playing they always surrounds me.
  • Options
    manyamanya Posts: 4 New Member
    My cats have the craze of sims too. lol
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    x9s89eM.jpg
    She was just visiting us for a couple of weeks, but owned the desk. Notice the annoyed tail swipe because I dared to use to mouse.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I thought this post was going to be about Sim pets being weird. The other day, three cats were just hanging out in the bathroom watching my Sim take a bath.

In real life, my hamster is unconcerned with my Sim playing.

Perfectly normal behaviour for cats imo! Mine all perch on the side of the bath tub and watch me with concern til I get out.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My dog watches me sometimes but only because he thinks I would be better off spending my time playing with him instead. :D
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    She watches and she sits in front of the tv too lol
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited October 2020
    Mine does too. He'll sit on my left arm and watch. He'll get annoyed when he sees one of the cats on the sims and bats at the screen softly when he hears them meow or chase the mouse on the screen. :3
    That's only when he is not interested in playing fetch with one of his toys. He's a strange cat.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    My cat who I lost last year (I would say my old cat but she was young when she died) would always get jealous of my laptop whenever I played the game and would sit on my lap and push it off me. It used to annoy me now I miss it so much. My current cat ignores me at the best of times and glares at me if I so much as wake her up so she has no time for that stupid metal thing on my lap. She is that stereotypical cat where I am just her servant and nothing more.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    x9s89eM.jpg
    She was just visiting us for a couple of weeks, but owned the desk. Notice the annoyed tail swipe because I dared to use to mouse.

She is soooo adorable!!!
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Our pup hasn't paid much attention to my laptop yet, he mainly sleeps in my Mom's lap while I'm on the computer. But he will look at our tablet screens when we play a video game on those.
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    My cats have different ways of doing things. One sleeps peacefully in my lap while I play. The other two come and *do* things to the keyboard that change how things are done. (Like now I have to use the keys to scroll and can't "grab and move" like normal. I have it set to "edge scroll" but that's not the setting they changed obviously. And exiting the game and coming back didn't reset it. :( ) They block the screen too, whenever they get the chance. (I think they want me to stop and pet them.)

But sometimes they sit at a distance and stare at me.
  • Options
    KatAnubis wrote: »
    My cats have different ways of doing things. One sleeps peacefully in my lap while I play. The other two come and *do* things to the keyboard that change how things are done. (Like now I have to use the keys to scroll and can't "grab and move" like normal. I have it set to "edge scroll" but that's not the setting they changed obviously. And exiting the game and coming back didn't reset it. :( ) They block the screen too, whenever they get the chance. (I think they want me to stop and pet them.)

But sometimes they sit at a distance and stare at me.

Check your 'scroll lock' button.
  • Options
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    Nah, my two cats couldn't care less. They almost never enter the room where I have my PC anyway. The male mostly stays outside and the female mostly stays downstairs. I used to own a tuxedo cat that loved to nap on my keyboard when I was playing though, sadly he's not alive anymore. It was annoying sometimes but also really cute and cuddly. Miss him :'(
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    edited November 2020
    My pet cockatiel sure loves sitting next to my keyboard, even sleeping besides me. She doesn't watch of course but she does love hanging out with me, even asking for headrubs at the most inopportune moments of course.

20200809_202739.jpg

You know, there's a particularly strong reason I detest both Cats & Dogs + My First Pet Stuff pack, as a bird owner and bird lover. Sims 3: Pets lets you own so much birds -even a crow!- that pack doesn't, and that just upsets me. Macaws aren't the most popular pets out there sure but considering how intelligent they are, I can really imagine them as controllable beings and you can build relationship with them as well as cats and dogs. I find it particularly odd you have to catch them to befriend them rather than just buying them off a pet store though...?
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    tams2578tams2578 Posts: 705 Member
    @PriestessBizarre - they are so adorable

I didn't include any pics of our old girl. She's 17.5 years old, and she's going in to the vet tomorrow - for the last time. :'( I know this is off topic.

TlPoXuu.jpg

I'm so sorry. :'(
    Zwdtm8.png
  • Options
    @PriestessBizarre - they are so adorable

I didn't include any pics of our old girl. She's 17.5 years old, and she's going in to the vet tomorrow - for the last time. :'( I know this is off topic.

TlPoXuu.jpg

So sorry to hear - (((HUGS)))
    I personally know how had this is - more (((HUGS)))
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,131 Member
    I so sympathize with you. I remember when my family's cat was 22 & she had to be put down. It's so sad to lose a beloved family member pet.