Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey to Batuu: Share Your Screenshots!

12345679...Next

Comments

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Can you explore, goof around a little, but essentially be normal, or are you locked into joining a faction and doing their missions? Can one freelance missions, whatever comes up?

Have noticed that the overwhelming majority of posts are 2020, presumably when the pack launched, and dropped massively after that. Seems that interest faded quickly.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited May 2022
    @Oldeseadogge the interest is probably still there, but those of us still using Batuu are not necessarily posting more screenshots.

And, yes, you can just explore and goof around. I would say the scoundrel option is the closest to 'freelance' missions but I may be wrong because I'm not a Star Wars fan and do not know all the ins and outs of the factions.

Edit: Decided to add a few screenies from my Trent couple picture album - Nathan (scoundrel missions) and Lucy (resistance):

02.png?dl=0

04.png?dl=0

Lucy was chuffed to bits to get a lightsaber to take back home lol (yes, their home is decked out like Batuu)
    03.png?dl=0

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

@Oldeseadogge I think @elanorbreton answered correctly about the factions....

I still enjoy JtB. I play so many households not all will travel to Batuu. Few sims have started factions but of my choosing. Even then I have not gotten far with missions, nor built a light saber, nor bought a droid. Many things still to look forward to.
    But I have also sent sims to travel to Batuu only for vacation. Renoed the the Cantina to my liking. Also, I love the objects in this pack. Oh and I finally downloaded a really cool restaurant using Batuu stuff, placed it in Oasis springs. So much fun to visit.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I would echo what @elanorbreton and @BlkBarbiegal said. I also wanted to add that the fact that this screenshot thread exists doesn't imply to me that people are obligated to post screenshots in it. I have a lot of my own screenshots from Batuu (the location, I mean), some of which I've posted elsewhere on the forums. I came a bit later to the pack, so I figure I'd not reeeeally be posting anything that people haven't already seen. :lol:

As for the pack itself, many of my screenshots elsewhere that aren't set in Batuu proper may have objects or clothing from the pack. I use quite a few of them in a lot of locations, many of which have nothing to do (storywise) with Batuu itself or Rebels, Scoundrels, or First Order things. When any of my sims do go to Batuu, for me it isn't a theme park or vacation. It depends on the individual story going on, but in my case none of them are directly related to the real-world Star Wars franchise. I use the pack all the time, just not always in that one location.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    @CK213 if you want, could you show pics of Batuu related sims/world so we keep on topic with 1080 Ti card compared with new pics with 3080 Ti so I could see how much better the game looks. Thanks :)

:) I've been holding off playing Cyberpunk 2077 since launch day for it to be properly patched and also for a new video card.
    I tested the card on TS4 and found a bit of a temporary lag problem, but it eventually smooths out. The graphics look the same to me. I would probably have to get a 4K monitor to get a big difference. I can't stop playing Cyberpunk though. I will take a break and return to playing my sims sooner or later.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    @Oldeseadogge you can definitely goof around and try non-standard scenarios! I succesfully played an aspiring bartender who operated a Fizzy Juice station in the cantina and lived in a basement that I added. Also a homeless toddler whom I wanted to become a scoundrel, but who got more or less adopted by a First Oder officer. Not much to explore, though. To make Batuu interesting you need to invest some time in freebuildmode.

There's another thread with many more screenshots that give a good impression of what can and cannot be done with the pack: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/980366/journey-to-batuu-positive-thoughts-thread
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Most of the pack specific picture threads eventually fizzle out as simmers start incorporating new packs into their existing gameplay and posting pics in the many other picture threads on the forum. I wouldn't use the lack of recent posts in this thread as a measure of JTB's popularity.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,858 Member
    I grabbed a few shots of Lieutenant Liberty Lee's adventures on Batuu.

Here she is honing her skills with the Lightsaber...
    gEtwMx1.png?1
    CZY33VW.png?1
    GMYI3LM.png

...doing research at the Holotable...
    mDRHAeD.png?1
    sMMyVWa.png?1
    e1J6khH.png?1

...and spending an evening at Oga's Cantina playing sabacc while making contacts among the Scoundrels and finding recruits for the Resistance.
    MghVApa.png?1
    ksTnX1R.png?1
    CltWqRn.png?1
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Thank you for the illumination, everyone1
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm still enjoying batu. Saber fights, r2d2, secret labs, and everything else. I love everything it brought except for the world. Still disappointed in how limited it is. Even more so than destination worlds.

jvN52xZ.jpeg
    pAG4Yyw.jpeg
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm so ready to return to Batuu. I have ignored this pack and its glorious B&B way too long.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Does this count as a Batuu screenshot? :D

rQ1mtPnm.jpg

Snapped a quick pic of the black spires at Batuu West as we went down Disneyland Drive towards the convention center so I could go to Star Wars Celebration on Saturday.

Someday, I'll get to the real place. Until then, I have the Sims 4.