Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cars in the Sims 4, how do YOU want them to work?

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    To be an absolutely broken record, what I want is an amusement park pack with a whole vacation resort world. Much more fun than cars, in my opinion.
    hqdefault.jpg

Actually I could see cars helping an amusement park pack too like having go-karts. Plus roller coasters have their own version of cars just they are on a track or rails. I loved the rides and carnival rides in the Sims 1, so I wouldn't mind a pack for that. Patch team is different from the DLC team, so both could be done. :)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    gothbuniegothbunie Posts: 43 Member
    I never played Sims 2 but I know generally how cars work there and I think doing it like that would work best.

We have cars driving on the road but our sims can't use and interact with that it's just sad. There are some neighbourhood where it makes no sense for car to be accessible like the island in Get Together. I don't mind not able to have cars functioning in these type of lot because it's realistic that way.
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    I would like the ability for sims to buy old and new cars, own and run a car dealership, own and run a gas station/repair shop, restore old cars, upgrade engine, upgrade sound system, repair car, hire mechanic, teach teens to drive, wash car with kids, polish car with kids, butlers can wash and polish cars, mean sims can vandalize, kleptomaniacs can steal, romantic interests can listen to music, cuddle, make out and woohoo in them, materialistic sims and car enthusiasts can brag and show off their car collections, car enthusiasts can form groups to restore old cars, sims can be challenged to drag races in neighborhoods, if teens are caught drag racing they will be grounded. I’m fine if cars are restricted to new worlds.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited September 2020
    ts2 style because of the way ts4 is set up this is the only way I can imagine it working
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I think it would be very similar to the sims 2.

Although in sims 2 they made more sense. Sims 2 never had instant teleportation to travel. The only way to leave the lot in the base game was a car pool or call a taxi and wait for it to arrive. With cars you could still go to work after missing the carpool and you no longer needed to wait for taxis if you wanted to visit a community lot. In sims 4, when you zoom out or press 'm' you can travel instantly and don't even have to walk to the end of the lot. So walking to you car and watch it drive off will slow down your sims instead of helping them.
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    I would even accept more static cars that don’t do anything as long as garage doors are present. So many great house designs have garages and it’s difficult to build without them.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    g01denswan wrote: »
    I would like the ability for sims to buy old and new cars, own and run a car dealership, own and run a gas station/repair shop, restore old cars, upgrade engine, upgrade sound system, repair car, hire mechanic, teach teens to drive, wash car with kids, polish car with kids, butlers can wash and polish cars, mean sims can vandalize, kleptomaniacs can steal, romantic interests can listen to music, cuddle, make out and woohoo in them, materialistic sims and car enthusiasts can brag and show off their car collections, car enthusiasts can form groups to restore old cars, sims can be challenged to drag races in neighborhoods, if teens are caught drag racing they will be grounded. I’m fine if cars are restricted to new worlds.
    I really love your ideas. <3
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    g01denswan wrote: »
    I really love your ideas. <3

Thank you. I tried to include interactions for different types of players. I created a new thread in the ideas section with the same info so hopefully the gurus will see it.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Although I'm not sure how driving would work, since it's not an open world, it would be fun to have your Sim burn some cash on a fancy car or a few. Or steal one, if they have the kleptomaniac trait, as you could in TS3. xD
  • Options
    Jess_KimbaJess_Kimba Posts: 20 Member
    I can see the problem they have made for themselves. So many lots (especially in Brindleton and Windenburg island) have absolutely no connection to a road. I feel like most houses are so isolated - no driveway, no footpath, no curbs - it’s bizarre. Your sims have to jog across grassy plains and before they can get to paths or roads.

The sims team would have to redesign the lots and neighbourhood deco to attach roads to all lots so that driveways are possible. It’s a massive oversight and always has been, and it shows that they never intended to have cars.

It is absolutely possible to do though, since editing the neighbourhood surrounding lots is only open to the Sims team and wouldn’t interfere with our saves. They can do it. They won’t though.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I think the way the game is setup, the TS2 way is the most doable. The TS3 way is how I'd like it, however.

I don't know how the spacecraft will work in Journey to Batuu, but perhaps it's a start?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Pretty much all you said about the Sims2 cars, I agree with. I would also love to have the ability to woohoo in the car in the driveway again. That was pretty fun. Or our Sims could just escape to the parked car in the driveway to listen to the car radio. That few moments of 'peace', you know?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I want the devs to focus on anything but cars - because we don't have enough streets to make it worthwhile. I'm even happy with my sims just fading away when they leave for work etc. and especially for not needing to walk outside when traveling by the phone. Days are too short for getting seated in a car ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I get into my sim pov and drive through admiring all houses I made. Then I crash into someone's car. >:)
  • Options
    SayNoToGnomesSayNoToGnomes Posts: 44 Member
    I'd take a guess that due to TS4's game mechanics the TS2 style would be the better option, I can't see TS3 style cars being viable in TS4. I think the world setup is too different.

Personally, cars aren't at the top of my list, bug fixes on the other hand... this 'patch' has left a lot to be desired :D
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I'd like to be able to put my car in a driveway/parking spot and work on it. As the original poster said, there's not much point/opportunity for driving in Sims 4. Cars are a hobby for a lot of people though, and even if we can't drive them, having them to tinker on or fix up, or having them as a status symbol, ought to be workable in this version. We have statues, so why not large, car-shaped ones? That you can get a mechanical skill from crawling under with a wrench? Oh and look, a new death method, too! Everyone loves/hates that...
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    No interest whatsoever in cars, EXCEPT for restorable ones that sims can fix and sell. The only reason I ever bought a driveway in TS2 was for those!
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    yeah, sorry...I don't care about cars at all, there are a 1000 (or more?) different things I'd rather want, I'd even put "better babies" higher on my wishlist than cars :D
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think they'd need to be in their own specific world. I was actually thinking that like someone else mentioned, they would be more race-track style.

In terms of my own game, I don't build driveways since cars don't exist. I don't completely miss them but if fixing up cars or racing comes back and it looks interesting, I would consider it. There might be a world with cars in the format that you've described but I don't see them re-configuring all of the older worlds.

Cars do appear in the backgrounds though obviously not ones that sims travel in.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    There's no reason for cars to even exist in The Sims 4... because of loading screens.

Sims 2 was an exception because it was simply a brand new feature to the game. In Sims 3, they were necessary because of the open world. In Sims 4, it just seems like it would be a waste of content, while we could be getting something actually worthwhile!

Also, let's be real here... they likely won't patch in cars. It'll likely be its own stuff pack or even game pack... which would be ridiculous! In Sims 2, they were simply content that just happened to be included in 'Nightlife'. In Sims 3, they came with the base game. I really don't wanna see a "My First Car Stuff Pack" or "On The Road Game Pack"... or whatever.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I would want Sims2 style ownable cars. Not carpools or taxis... it does not bother me a bit that my sims walk off the lot and disappear. But the cars they could own in 2, that they could get in to drive to a community lot and park it on the street out front and woohoo or mess around in, with BB items for driveways and garages, I would probably play with. Especially if they had the car restoration options that came with I think Free Time.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Add that Sims 2 car mechanic object and that is all I need there. It just needs to make an appearance for realism, like laundry. It does not have to be all encompassing.
  • Options
    LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    > @TheSpotted_C said:
    > To be an absolutely broken record, what I want is an amusement park pack with a whole vacation resort world. Much more fun than cars, in my opinion.

exactly(i choose a wrong answer also sorry for bad spelling im not american) but i want a pack with ride and hotels but...i think they could add that in generations if they ever make a generations pack
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    In all honesty just having them sitting in our sims’ driveways would go a long way for me. Then simply show them backing out and disappearing when our sims go somewhere. No need to drive around the worlds. Same thing when returning home - they appear out of nowhere, kind of like pedestrians do, and pull into the driveway.

That would be enough for me and much more immersive than walking everywhere in the suburbs.
  • Options
    KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    Cars aren't big on my wish list. If we got them I would want TS2 style cars, both because that would work better on the map and because they had more interaction. But I have a question about the "drivable between loading screens" option. How would that work? Would it be a loading screen, a five second shot of your sim driving, and then another loading screen?