Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cars in the Sims 4, how do YOU want them to work?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    Yes. it's the Sims4 yet let's have cars that are very similar in function to those found in Sims2. :D
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Honestly I do not want cars at all.

I do not use bikes with my sims, they look good but feel wonky so I just let my sims run. Now that club-members have started to show up on bikes I am just really really irritated at them. When a club gathers a sim show up, takes out the bike from the inventory, mounts the bike, go 1 meter, unmount the bike, put it away. That takes forever...

That said I guess that we will see cars in the game at some point so I try to give feedback on what kinds of stuff on the side that I would find interesting. Zero interest in driving a car but a mechanic-career would be nice. Building a fixer-uper-car. If my sims could have some really awful/cool steampunk-contraption it could be fun. Having a responsible familycar in silver-color standing outside the house does nothing for me.

When we get them I will take a look at what I like in that pack and see how I can adapt it to my playstyle. There is always something on the side that I have enjoyed.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    In the sims 4 cars would probably work best like the sims 2 but with added animations for putting kids in the cars like toddlers and babies and maybe being able to buy car seats. In a new Sims game I like the way sims 3 was with how you could follow your sims anywhere only thing I would change is that instead of your car just appearing on the road it would have actual animations of coming and leaving the drive way and not disappearing into your sims pocket when you arrive somewhere. I would also like different types of vehicles like vans, trucks, suvs, cars, motorcycles, and even a smaller version of a bus for family of eight sims.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sims 2 style all the way though I would love to see new lot types that could be used with them like gas stations, drive in theater or maybe a race track but this would never happen.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I've never actually thought about it, that is until they added the Millennium Falcon before cars. I think something like the described Sims 2 car functions would work, but with added interactions (teaching teen sims how to drive, car woohoo, joyriding, crying in the car, etc.)
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm fine if cars would work like they did in the sims2. I think that they could add things like buying a car used and fixing it up and selling it for a profit with a car mechanic skill, teach people how to drive, woohoo, fuel economy (petrol, diesel, hybrid, electric), customization (exterior and interior) and maybe even racing as rabbit holes. Fast traveling with a car could maybe give you the option to fill one of your needs.