Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you going to purchase the Star Wars game pack?

Comments

• Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    A Justine Keaton Option
    stupidest idea for a pack since Katy Perry's House of Pain.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited August 2020
    Nindigo wrote: »
    No matter what the devs come up with, heaps of folks will complain. They can never hope to win, so why even try? They might as well just make content for themselves to enjoy for the rest of the game's life. Not that I believe this is the case, but I would be fine with it.
    This might be true for people who are complaining for the sake of it, but many of the complaints I see are stating valid reasons why digressions such as this one are frustrating.

I’m sure that if this upcoming pack had instead focused on expanding the game’s relationship dynamics, personalities, and/or building tools (and brought a host of fixes along with it) you would see far fewer complaints.
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    edited August 2020
    How much does it cost and when will it go on sale? Probably then, when its severly marked down.

That being said, I hope those that are stoked for it can get it when it drops and derive countless hours of joy from it.

Edit: and before anyone says anything about the baby yoda in my avy, contrary to my avatar I am not a huge Star Wars fan. Last movie I saw was with Darth Maul and Im not even sure thats the dudes correct name. My family keeps me on the up and up about galaxies far, far away when Im forced to gather with them and thats all they talk about, lol.
  • Options
    Chanty25Chanty25 Posts: 94 Member
    No, unless it is dirt cheap with lots of new hairstyles and cute outfits.
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    A Justine Keaton Option
    No because I’m not really into Star Wars myself
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Yes, but in blue
    Yes, but in blue. I like blue more than red.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    giphy.gif?ssl=1

Maybe on sale for that one ombre hairstyle.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    If townies can have (deadly) blasters and start autonomous fights, then maybe when it's on sale? Answer is probably no, unless it has some amazing unique, autonomous gameplay added, and they fix all the EL bugs.

I regretted strangerville (so many missed opportunities) and didn't even finish the achievement, because my sim was evil, and therefore, not really one for saving the world. I guess the devs listened to some feedback by giving us the option of going rebel, villian or pirate, but tbh it looks like just another ya-centric gamepack with more style than substance.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    What? Noooo. The bits of Star Wars that are in the base game are enough for me.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    SapphireKaiSapphireKai Posts: 33 Member
    > @JadedJane said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > May the fourth be with you!!!😁

I don't know what the Justine Keaton option is...

Also I'm not really sure, I have so many questions about it.
    If I chose blue, can I change to red later without paying again? (or vice versa?)
    Is there a bounty hunter career coming too?
    (lots more questions I won't list, those 2 are the most important to me)

I was barely ok with just having some Star Wars costumes to dress-up, but the whole thought of having specific cross-overs in my sims is annoying. I would much more like it to be generic sci-fi for my sims, but now my options for personal stories are limited to the SW universe (if they even get the cannon correct!)

I'm very much underwhelmed, and something worse than disappointed at this point. I already have Star Wars: The Old Republic game on my PC where I can be whatever/whoever I want to in the *correct* star-wars universe, why do I want it in my sims?

The Celestial Sapphire Lotus.
  • Options
    wiseowl07wiseowl07 Posts: 1 New Member
    Maybe at a 99% off discount just so my main screen has all the icons.
  • Options
    gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    heeeeck NO.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Chanty25 wrote: »
    No, unless it is dirt cheap with lots of new hairstyles and cute outfits.

It looks like only one female hair and one Male hair. The rest of the time went towards the alien assets. Ugh.
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    First no for me.
  • Options
    RipleyrawrRipleyrawr Posts: 273 Member
    No, but in Justine Keaton.
    iBVfjxN.gif
    Breadquanda is my spirit animal.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    wiseowl07 wrote: »
    Maybe at a 99% off discount just so my main screen has all the icons.

100% off I'll take it. Disney can give this horsepoop of a gamepack for free if they wanna advertise their crappy themepark.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I might buy it but I have an feeling that some stuff will limited to the pack and not usable in other packs and neighborhoods. and if it is I would not be surprised seeing how some of the other packs are limited in use.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    No matter what the devs come up with, heaps of folks will complain. They can never hope to win, so why even try? They might as well just make content for themselves to enjoy for the rest of the game's life. Not that I believe this is the case, but I would be fine with it.

it is still feedback even if it is negative and if you like that is what important to you and others don't that is thier opinion and what is important to them.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member

The thing is when you are a company looking to make money you have to consider the people who pay for you to make content. I think YouTube gives an accurate sense of how Simmers feel when compared to FB/Twitter/Instagram. I find FB to be more for a wish list of content, Twitter is toxic as heck, and Instagram tends to be overly positive (this is just based on the trends I've noticed when I look at the comments and as always can be wrong). Star Wars is the first trailer I have seen that has double the dislikes, even the packs that got a lot of backlash have so many more likes than dislikes. This was a real misstep for the devs, one that will be hard to come back from. None of the Youtubers I follow have even put out a video, and in doing a search most reactions are not positive. If EA can't even get their Youtubers on board I know it is bad. Feedback from the audience is expected, when EA does something well I am quick to praise their move, however when they misstep I am one that believes they need to know, how else are they to improve the game to please as many people as possible?
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    A Justine Keaton Option
    Voting for her just for you Colton.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited August 2020
    A Justine Keaton Option
    Nope, I am done with Sims 4 after the disappointment this year's packs have been to me, enough is enough. I started playing Sims 3 instead (yay, I finally have a laptop that runs it!) and I am enjoying it greatly. It would take way more than Star Wars pack I never wanted to begin with to get me to come back.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Yes, but in red
    It's niche, true. But niche players should be kept happy, too.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    This will probably be the first Sims 4 pack that I won't purchase on release day. I need to see more of the actual gameplay and how it works with other packs and how much Star Wars related content is going to spread on other worlds. I don't trust livestreams anymore, I want to see the Sims gamers play it.
    I'm a completionist and it's going to be hard to skip this game pack, but if the whole Sims world will start turning Star Wars themed by Sormtroopers and other SW characters spawning everywhere and if there will be more serious bugs I will skip this one.
  • Options
    charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I'm a completionist and it's going to be hard to skip this game pack, but if the whole Sims world will start turning Star Wars themed by Sormtroopers and other SW characters spawning everywhere and if there will be more serious bugs I will skip this one.

I'm a completionist too, I even wasted my money on MFPS because I just had to have all the icons colored in. This is the first time I haven't even considered purchasing a game even after it receives that deep Christmas discount.