October 15th- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Almost Eternal - Updated 15th October

Comments

  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 469 Member
    @DeafSimmer
    Welcome back. Yes, dark indeed and with that news story lingering things can only get worse. Although I do amp back up on the comedy from the next chapter so it's not all bad. ;)
    8PjH8bi.png
    Almost Eternal
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited August 2020
    @SnuffyBucket

    Heyyy Snuffy!
    Ok so, I'm going to channel some non-existent Foamy bravado and say it. I've been finding it very hard to react/leave comments on your story because your characters are so relatable. They remind me of some people in real life that I care deeply about and their circumstances. If I commented, I'd feel like a total backside because I'd be indirectly talking about them.

    So yeah, don't take my silence as anything negative. The fact that I can put a face to each sim shows how amazing your writing is. I think I told you which country I'm from, so know that it's me lurking about on your blog when you see my country flag. :)

    And anyone else reading off this comment, do continue to pen your thoughts. Just because the characters are relatable to me doesn't make them real. Happy dissecting. It's an awesome story.

  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 469 Member
    @mercuryfoam
    It's OK. I just thought you hated me. :'(:D I'm joking, of course. You don't have to leave comments. Shoot, you don't even have to read, especially if it's causing you any kind of turmoil, that's the last thing I want. <3
    8PjH8bi.png
    Almost Eternal
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @SnuffyBucket

    Heyyy Snuffy!
    Ok so, I'm going to channel some non-existent Foamy bravado and say it. I've been finding it very hard to react/leave comments on your story because your characters are so relatable. They remind me of some people in real life that I care deeply about and their circumstances. If I commented, I'd feel like a total backside because I'd be indirectly talking about them.

    So yeah, don't take my silence as anything negative. The fact that I can put a face to each sim shows how amazing your writing is. I think I told you which country I'm from, so know that it's me lurking about on your blog when you see my country flag. :)

    And anyone else reading off this comment, do continue to pen your thoughts. Just because the characters are relatable to me doesn't make them real. Happy dissecting. It's an awesome story.

    I don't know if this necessarily needs to be under a spoiler tag, but anyway:
    I can totally understand this. I can't say anyone in the story reminds me of people I know in real life, per say, but I can definitely see qualities in them that I know I have, more specifically some of the not so great qualities that you don't necessarily want to admit to people you have, but they're absolutely there. The human nature is not always pretty, and I love how Snuffy's not afraid to show that. I'm pretty sure that half the time I find these characters infuriating is because I can recognise some of myself in it :D These guys (well, gals, really) are pretty messy, but they are very relatable, and very lifelike - which is amazing when you think about the fact the main cast are all undead :D
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 469 Member
    @ThePlumbob
    This situation would not have come about if they were shining examples of people. I'm fascinated by people in general, as you know, but especially the ugly, flawed side and what makes good people do not so good things. I've overblown their traits somewhat for purposes of storytelling/comedy, but fundamentally this story is about the personalities and identities. I'm really happy that you are infuriated by my characters, as weird as that sounds, because if they dont get under your skin than I have failed.

    Also, I really love getting your feedback. I still feel like I don't really know what I'm doing in terms of writing so I'm open to it all.
    That also goes for anyone who's lurking and fancies digging in, by the way. 😉

    8PjH8bi.png
    Almost Eternal
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 469 Member
    Join me in the oven.

    Chapter 25 - Into A Pie
    8PjH8bi.png
    Almost Eternal
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,393 Member
    edited August 2020
    Chapter 25
    Lilith has some great facial expressions there, haha. I like how she and her brother seem to be regulars. And ewwwww, Will is such a sleazebag that the whole town knows about his escapades? Yuck.

    It’s a good thing that Lilith covered for them at the bar there, otherwise the police would probably already be on their way. Interesting how the news didn’t mention Travis having confessed to the murder. That doesn’t bode well for our little vampires. It’s high time April dyed/cut her hair, changed her clothes, bought some sunglasses… girl needs to disappear.

    Aw Lilith, don’t blame Caleb for this one. He’s the one that turned her yes, but everything that happened afterwards is on April. He might not even know that Sandy is dead. He didn’t compel April to kill her mother, or flee the mansion and leave a giant murdercase behind. It’s as if blaming Caleb is her go-to reaction for everything that goes wrong.
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited August 2020
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    It’s as if blaming Caleb is her go-to reaction for everything that goes wrong.

    This! Lilith, for the love of watcher, maybe look a bit closer to home for once.

    Plus, you know, assuming that everything that ever happens is Caleb's fault seems like grossly overestimating his capacity :D
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,393 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    Chapter 25
    It’s as if blaming Caleb is her go-to reaction for everything that goes wrong.
    This! Lilith, for the love of watcher, maybe look a bit closer to home for once.

    Plus, you know, assuming that everything that ever happens is Caleb's fault seems like grossly overestimating his capacity :D
    Exactly. Only your Morgyn can be blamed for everything obviously. xD

    It's interesting, though. I wonder if Caleb had issues in the past that happened so frequently that Lilith, being as old as she is, is just unable to look past them now and subconsciously links everything Caleb does to the bias that she has now. You see this with kids a lot, too. If you tell a child that it's bad and is going to do bad things, then they subconsciously mold themselves into that image.

    There was a reddit post from a dad quite a while ago, where his elementary school son was a bully in his first year. He scolded him for it, and the next year, threatened him not to do it again. Boy did it again. The year after that, same story, but he also told his teacher to look out for him, because they had a bully in their class. Kid bullied his classmates again. Rinse and repeat.
    But it wasn't until the father started talking to him differently that the kid improved. Instead of the usual "don't be a bully" talk, he instead started saying things like "are you going to help your teacher today?" or "Are you going to be nice to people who seem sad today?". And over time, the kid actually became nicer to everybody. Other people's expectations play a HUGE part in how we behave. Especially if people assume we're going to be bad beforehand - everything you do right is ignored, and everything you do wrong just feeds into their bias.
    Oof, I'm sorry about that rant. This is a minor pet peeve of mine. :sweat_smile:
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    Chapter 25
    It’s as if blaming Caleb is her go-to reaction for everything that goes wrong.
    This! Lilith, for the love of watcher, maybe look a bit closer to home for once.

    Plus, you know, assuming that everything that ever happens is Caleb's fault seems like grossly overestimating his capacity :D
    Exactly. Only your Morgyn can be blamed for everything obviously. xD

    It's interesting, though. I wonder if Caleb had issues in the past that happened so frequently that Lilith, being as old as she is, is just unable to look past them now and subconsciously links everything Caleb does to the bias that she has now. You see this with kids a lot, too. If you tell a child that it's bad and is going to do bad things, then they subconsciously mold themselves into that image.

    There was a reddit post from a dad quite a while ago, where his elementary school son was a bully in his first year. He scolded him for it, and the next year, threatened him not to do it again. Boy did it again. The year after that, same story, but he also told his teacher to look out for him, because they had a bully in their class. Kid bullied his classmates again. Rinse and repeat.
    But it wasn't until the father started talking to him differently that the kid improved. Instead of the usual "don't be a bully" talk, he instead started saying things like "are you going to help your teacher today?" or "Are you going to be nice to people who seem sad today?". And over time, the kid actually became nicer to everybody. Other people's expectations play a HUGE part in how we behave. Especially if people assume we're going to be bad beforehand - everything you do right is ignored, and everything you do wrong just feeds into their bias.
    Oof, I'm sorry about that rant. This is a minor pet peeve of mine. :sweat_smile:
    Exactly, which is why I whine about Lilith almost every time she makes an appearance. I'm sure she's basing her judgement on past experiences, but she's giving Caleb zero room for improvement, so how can he improve?
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 997 Member
    Oh yes. I forgot Broof in my comment. What reason does he have at all not to speak? :|
    Hopefully he does not know where April is staying ... but a Butler probably knows everything :fearful:
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 469 Member
    edited August 2020
    Wow, this blew up quickly.

    OK, in order:

    @_sims_Yimi
    Will is such a sleazebag that the whole town knows about his escapades? Yuck.
    I freaking love Will. I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole, but he's great fun to write about.
    It’s a good thing that Lilith covered for them at the bar there
    Covered for who exactly?
    It’s as if blaming Caleb is her go-to reaction for everything that goes wrong.
    External blame is always the easy option.

    @ThePlumbob
    assuming that everything that ever happens is Caleb's fault seems like grossly overestimating his capacity
    Harsh! But hilarious. I know why you say that. Derp.

    @_sims_Yimi again
    It's interesting, though. I wonder if Caleb had issues in the past that happened so frequently that Lilith, being as old as she is, is just unable to look past them now and subconsciously links everything Caleb does to the bias that she has now. You see this with kids a lot, too. If you tell a child that it's bad and is going to do bad things, then they subconsciously mold themselves into that image.
    ;)

    @ThePlumbob again
    Exactly, which is why I whine about Lilith almost every time she makes an appearance. I'm sure she's basing her judgement on past experiences, but she's giving Caleb zero room for improvement, so how can he improve?
    Exactly.

    @MonaSolstraale
    Oh yes. I forgot Broof in my comment. What reason does he have at all not to speak? :|
    Hopefully he does not know where April is staying ... but a Butler probably knows everything
    Seemingly no reason at all. And yet, he hasn't so far...
    8PjH8bi.png
    Almost Eternal
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 469 Member
    Who saves you from yourself?

    Chapter 26 - Everything Nothing
    8PjH8bi.png
    Almost Eternal
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,393 Member
    Chapter 26
    Oh, joy. I'm imagining Caleb just casually waltzing up to the house with Melinda, in full view of April, after she hasn't seen him even once after being turned. That's going to be fun. I wonder which reaction is going to be stronger - relief because her friend hasn't left her, or jealousy because Melinda will be another woman who is "closer" to Caleb than she is.
    And Faith is about to crack, too. Oh, joy. I sense a wonderful heartfelt reunion between all of them. :mrgreen::D
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited August 2020
    @_sims_Yimi
    I wonder which reaction is going to be stronger - relief because her friend hasn't left her, or jealousy because Melinda will be another woman who is "closer" to Caleb than she is.

    Are you accepting bets, Snuffy? Because I'm pretty confident in the answer here so I feel like I could come to some money :D
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 469 Member
    @_sims_Yimi
    Well, I can tell you one thing. They will be reunited next chapter.

    @ThePlumbob
    Ha! Sure. What's your money on?

    8PjH8bi.png
    Almost Eternal
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @ThePlumbob
    Ha! Sure. What's your money on?
    Definitely the jealousy. Sandy's nurtured those insecurities far too well (See? Sandy was nurturing! :D ).
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 469 Member
    @ThePlumbob
    Sandy has certainly nurtured insecurities. I'll bet you a baumkucken; don't want you losing all your money. ;)
    8PjH8bi.png
    Almost Eternal
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @ThePlumbob
    Sandy has certainly nurtured insecurities. I'll bet you a baumkucken; don't want you losing all your money. ;)
    Deal! If I'm wrong I can rejoice at April maybe not being completely awful, and if I'm right I get delicious baumkuchen. Win-win!
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 469 Member
    @DeafSimmer
    He may just do that. Who do you see him going for?

    Also, even though we're 26 chapters in and it feels like forever ago it's still only been 10 days since that fateful dinner at the Moss Residence. So yes, they are still very much still finding their feet. :)
    8PjH8bi.png
    Almost Eternal
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 469 Member
    You are no longer alone.

    Chapter 27 - Hot Poison
    8PjH8bi.png
    Almost Eternal
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,144 Member
    Can vampys get pregnant? Need some family planning going on for one of the girls. 😄

    And this chapter is warm and fuzzy. 'daww..!

    Also feels like the calm before the storm kinda but you know. I'm going to ignore that. 😂
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 469 Member
    @mercuryfoam
    Interesting question.

    I've actually really been dreading posting this chapter. I don't feel I do warm and fuzzy very well, and I'm very much with Faith on the whole 'romance' thing. Gag. :D

    I'm sure everything will be fine. o:)
    8PjH8bi.png
    Almost Eternal
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top