Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Footprint and NAPs switched off but still happening

MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
In game settings I have switched off eco footprint and NPC NAP voting.

But, I'm still getting eco footprint changes in the game (I keep getting notifications saying it is neutral or green and my sims often have a positive moodlet from being in a place with a green eco footprint).

Also, NAPs still seem to be coming into effect. I just had a notification saying that some NAP had been voted on and would come into effect immediately. But my sims didn't vote and as I said I have NAP NPC voring switched off...

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Have you checked the active N.A.Ps? I also had the game say that a N.A.P. has been enacted, but if I check the acitve N.A.Ps on mailbox/community voting board, then there's none.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I turned off the NAPs but the voting is still occurring.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    For NAPs, it will still give notifications of voting and it will say that a NAP has been enacted even with NPC voting disabled. BUT, these seem to be just fake notifications. When I click on the mail box or the community voting board there's nothing. No NAPs have actually been enacted. I'm not sure why it does this but I can confirm after 3 weeks of playing with NPC voting disabled that my neighborhoods remain NAP-free. Unfortunately I can't help with the Eco footprint, I've kept that option on.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I had NAPs even with voting disabled. My Sims couldn't complete any actions, not even taking a shower or eating a meal, because they kept stopping to play with clay, play the violin, play with the future cube, etc. I finally found a mod that solved the problem: the 6/17/20 version of the Civic Policy Tweaks mod. It's great!
    https://simvasion.wordpress.com/portfolio/nap-autonomy-fixes/
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Thanks everyone for your help. It seems that although I am getting notifications to the effect that an NAP has been enacted, they are just fake notifications as @Cabelle1863 says. Phew!

The eco footprint isn't a big thing. It definitely is there in the game despite being turned off but I can deal with that.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    If you notice sims still doing NAP's it could be because there are a NAPs still active in that neighborhood, or they still have the NAP buff, that buff should go away on it's own.

The NAP voting can be properly disabled but the ECO footprint can't. They are just hiding the UI, which is just...wow.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I added 4 NAPs to every hood in my game, in order to avoid random votings. I'm fine with that. There might still be a popup saying voting is ongoing, but I no longer need to worry for the results ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    If you notice sims still doing NAP's it could be because there are a NAPs still active in that neighborhood, or they still have the NAP buff, that buff should go away on it's own.

The NAP voting can be properly disabled but the ECO footprint can't. They are just hiding the UI, which is just...wow.
    You can't disable eco footprint completely? :o well that makes sense of what I'm seeing in my game now but I agree... Wow. Not impressed.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I added 4 NAPs to every hood in my game, in order to avoid random votings. I'm fine with that. There might still be a popup saying voting is ongoing, but I no longer need to worry for the results ;)

I tried that, and the game still switched them out, until I installed a mod.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    I think the tickbox only disables npc voting, not the voting process itself. I tried it for one week and the voting still occured, but only my four households in that neighborhood competed. The game didn't add any townie votes to those of my sims (Exactly what I wanted in that neighborhood).

So if you turn off npc voting and none of your households votes, then the voting will end end in a tie. I never had a tie, so I do not know what the game will do in such a case.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Thanks to some other posts I read I on this problem, I cobbled together a work around of sorts. Be warned, its kind of drastic though. So here is what I did:

I completely uninstall my game and Origin. I set of a new administrator account in Windows (I play on PC BTW)

I uploaded my playable sims and houses to the gallery.
    I set up a whole new game. I went in and set up a new sim, put them in the world.
    I went to game settings and clicked off the settings for Eco Life.
    I immediately went into household management and deleted every non played sim (all the townies).
    On the one sim I created (and the only one that should be in your household management) I shift clicked on his mailbox and revoked any existing NAPs.
    I then went to game settings and clicked "fill empty houses".

I then completely exited the game. Deleted both Cache files and the Thumbnail Cache folder
    Made sure it was updated, did a repair Just incase and the restarted the game
    I went back to the sim I created and clicked on his mailbox to make sure no NAPs were in place.

So far this has worked. "knock on wood"

The downside to this is that your sims lose friendly relationships when you download them back into your new game. Only Willow Creek seems to be auto-filling the houses (but the nonplayed sims folder seems to be filling up.) Your sims lose anything in their personal and household inventories. I hung paintings on the wall, but I forgot to take song lyrics, etc out of my inventory before doing this. Bummer. They lose royalties and song licenses too. If you want your sim's star back, you will need to use a series of cheats to get it back. It does work though. And of course they lose all their money but that is easily fixed. My sims earned theirs without cheats so I just wrote down what they had before I uploaded and gave it back to them once downloaded.

After doing all this, I am not sure I shouldn't have just disabled the Eco pack as I had done before I kept progressing on my family without it. But Dang IT, I paid for it and I really do want to play it. I wish Maxis would address all this.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    I had all eco turned off but still the footprint turned green. I found a work -around. It's a bit of a pain tho. Move the family to an empty lot in a different world, keep furniture. Go into build/buy. In your inventory there is a blank debug item called eco_ray EP07. I deleted it and then returned to the origional lot and the footprint was gone.