Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Constant water drinking

Is there any way to stop this!!!

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,462 Member
    I'm sorry, I wish there was. This is probably the one autonomous feature I hate the most.

They really, really need to give us a way to neutralize this activity. Even if it's a reward trait like "never thirsty". I'd give it to every Sim
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm using a mod by ClaudiaSharon called No More Auto Drinks or Thirst. It's working great in my game. Here is the link https://claudiasharon.tumblr.com/post/186518330398/no-more-autonomous-drinks-or-thirst in case anybody wants it. You can also just google it if not comfortable clicking links.
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    I use MCCC on PC. I just recently bought the base game for Xbox and I forgot how much they drink water. It drives me NUTS!
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Thanks. I will try the mod. I had one but it stopped working.
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Oh how I wish this would be fixed in a bug patch! I know water is good for you - but it is a bit ridiculous!
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Yea and consent snow shovelling. Mccc to the rescue if you don’t mind using mods.
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    What setting on MCCC is it? I looked in Tuner but couldn't find it.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Click your sim to Enable auto tuner. Click on the floor and search for water and drink to disable all relevant autonomous behaviourS. It is not straight forward to switch them all off.
  • Options
    I tried MCCC first but it didn't seem to work for me. :|
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I wish there was. This is probably the one autonomous feature I hate the most.

They really, really need to give us a way to neutralize this activity. Even if it's a reward trait like "never thirsty". I'd give it to every Sim

That would be the best way. "seldom thirsty" as the cheap one and "never thirsty" as the more costly one. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    EldraiEldrai Posts: 25 Member
    I always cancel the action but the sims seem to drink half the glass even if I stop it before they have a glass in hand. It's really irritating that they don't stop immediately but take minutes in game to process it. I end up with half-empty glasses of water on every surface.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 706 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

I had the same issue. I had to actually change a file somewhere to finally get it to work. I'll try to find the instructions.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 706 Member

Here's a link that the thread with instructions to change the tuning file. This worked for me. No more water drinking!

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17485395#Comment_17485395
  • Options
    RedShoe7 wrote: »

Here's a link that the thread with instructions to change the tuning file. This worked for me. No more water drinking!

Thank you so much. I will definitely give this a try.
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Well drinking water a lot is one thing sims have in common with humans (that doesn’t annoy me when sims do it)

I mod out burping and farting

I honestly haven’t noticed that my sims drink water a lot... There are certain things I don’t catch (like how if we ever get cute birds that they will reuse the hug worm animation (which I wish I could mod out because hugging bugs is creepy) I’m all for rats, mice and the trash in the new world but bug hugging is just creepy (and bugged) like some of the townies maxis makes after you start a new game. I keep the faces and body’s within reason but they all get makeovers.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member

Yeah, haha! I commented and posted some funny pics in that thread. :D

What I'm wondering is what GalacticGal said about sims dehydrating and getting dizzy if you mod out letting them get a drink of water when they are thirsty. I suppose if you don't like autonomy, you can manually order them to get a drink before they pass out.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Off topic here, but in my game sims NEVER bother drinking water. I don't remember modding it or using MCCC to fix this. It just doesn't happen.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    Off topic here, but in my game sims NEVER bother drinking water. I don't remember modding it or using MCCC to fix this. It just doesn't happen.

Neither in my game. Well i can't say never, they do occasionally have a glass of water, but it's so rare...
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 234 Member
    My sims never drink - mind you I turn the autonomy off so that might be why?
  • Options
    fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    Does this happen with because of a pack or something? I play the base game currently and havent noticed this happening. I guess i should save these mods for the future, just in case.
  • Options

I've been playing for a few days now using this method and it's working perfectly for me.
  • Options
    irishdragon7irishdragon7 Posts: 124 Member
    I have the same problem and my sim will drink water instead of eating when hungry. It annoys me that the sim will drink water from the refrigerator instead of grabbing leftovers.

I think this is a bug that needs to be fixed, but even if it is not, I wish there was a way we could turn this off without installing mods. Every time I have ever used mods in the game, it gets so buggy I cannot even play until I take them out.