Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Knifty Knitting is coming! Let's take a poll

Comments

• Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    YES! I use laundry in all or most of my builds. Love it!
    I dunno I just find it fun.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Never Got The Pack
    My sims have enough chores in the form of dirty dishes, puddle mopping, scrubbing dirty surfaces and plumbing hardware, fixing stuff, and gardening. I have no interest in buying one extra chore for $10...an extra chore that should have been a minor feature in an EP, mind you, not its own Stuff Pack. I do not get the attraction to something so bland and mundane as a pack all on its own. I mean, people were clowning on "Bowling Night," but they all hopped on the boat for laundry to get its own SP? What is wrong with people...?
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I like it for households where I want a specific character's focus to be on domestic matters, otherwise I don't use it. The CAS is great though.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I don't use washer and dryer but I do love the build/buy and CAS items
    I used the items in the pack a lot but only recently started a game where my sims have to actually do the laundry. I really disliked sims doing laundry when I first heard about the pack, but it has grown on me.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    I actually do use the washer and drier occasionally, and I use the wash tub and drying line occasionally as well, but mostly I got the pack for the CAS and build/buy items which I love and I use a lot.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I think I've used the W/D in 2 households since it came out and I used the clothesline and washtub in a build once, but not a home my Sims use.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited June 2020
    I have to say I use laundry quite a bit, but to say I love it is a bit of an exaggeration... I like it because the game is too easy and managing laundry gives my sims something to do. I don't obsess putting laundry in every household though, only when I find it fitting. The build/buy and CAS in this pack are great!
  • Options
    CharleyNoel9CharleyNoel9 Posts: 38 Member
    I have yet to play with the washer/dryer, but I do use the CAS and BB items quite often.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I haven't used the washer and dryer YET, but I think I eventually will. I definitely use the other pack stuff, though.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sometimes. I used laundry when the pack first released but lately, not so much. Maybe if I feel my house needs it I'll throw in a laundry room. Neutral.
    If a sim with a home big enough for a washing machine and dryer get whims for them, I buy them.

Otherwise, no as the pack glitches for me.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Laundry is an absolute staple in my game. Apartment dwellers and larger homes get the washers and dryers. Tiny homes, off-the-grid, or eco homes get the wash tub and clothesline. I like family play, and I have a lot of stay-at-home moms who take care of multiple toddlers/kids so laundry fits perfectly into my play style.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sometimes. I used laundry when the pack first released but lately, not so much. Maybe if I feel my house needs it I'll throw in a laundry room. Neutral.
    I like the laundry day pack. I don't use it in every household though. It mostly depends if the house has room.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Laundry is usually in all of my builds in some form. It could be the washtub and clothesline or a washer and dryer or both.
  • Options
    punkbeespunkbees Posts: 27 Member
    Just caved and downloaded the pack recently, but I can say I've used a ton of the build/buy stuff in the last few days. It does feel a little ironic to have my sims do their laundry while I stare at my own full laundry basket though!
    gallery id: punkbees || black lives matter
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Never Got The Pack
    I don't have the pack yet
    (I also was not here to vote on it back then)

but I'm thinking of getting it sometime when i have the money and nice sale so I often leave some space for laundry room in my builds
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I use it mostly when I want to add difficulty to a household or when I really want to make a place dirty. I have gotten a lot of use out of it in that regard. Otherwise I use the CAS stuff and build items all the time.
  • Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    edited June 2020
    I have the Laundry Day pack but only use it when my sims houses are big enough to have a spare wall to add the washer/dryer appliances and a counter for placing the newly clean clothes.

It amuses me to find that so many simmers build actual "Laundry Rooms" in their homes. That would be a total waste of space to me. All of my sims are wealthy, don't work and have maids -- so they aren't doing much laundry per se.

This next "Knitting" addition is extremely stupid to me -- another wasted opportunity where we could have had more of the things that we've been asking for in this generation of the Sims Series. FAIL.
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited June 2020
    I absolutely love using the wash tub and clothes line on my off grid lots. It gives my sim fun moodlets everytime she changes her clothes, the only bummer is when I forgot her washing on the line and it was a thunderstorm :open_mouth:
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I used it for a little while, then I asked myself why I spent money on that thing.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I only have it in one house right now. I forget most of the time and I'm not even trying with bigger households, but I do like the washer and the dryer and the realism it brings.
  • Options
    EvilWitch83EvilWitch83 Posts: 140 Member
    Never Got The Pack
    I hardly ever use laundry in Sims 3, so I don't see the point of buying it in Sims 4.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    This was the closest answer, because I love Laundry Day, but I don't use it on every household and there are no "my builds", I use either premade houses or download from the gallery. A lot of the gallery homes don't have a washing machine and/or a dryer and there is no room for them. I'd have to make too many changes to the house to fit them in and I have no skills for it. The wash tub doesn't make sense for all Sims, so sometimes I just can't use laundry even if I wanted to.

• Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I use laundry quite randomly, mainly if my sims need some extra chores. It's also very nice off the grid.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I'm with SageRainWillow, it is a must in all of my games. I have LittleMsSam's great auto start washer and dryer, works like a charm. On a side note, I was amazed at how much some sims are more willing to do their own laundry. I had a vampire family, vamps need clean clothes too, with 6 members and there was never a full laundry basket. They did it automously. B)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I think when I got laundry in my game I used laundry twice (one was for a few weeks of an off the grid challenge I made up for fun) the other time I honestly can’t remember what I did. But the pack has very cute clothes and and awesome build and buy stuff and it hasn’t been the first time I bought a sims game for the CAS and Build/Buy stuff itself and it won’t be the last. The knitting stuff pack will be the same, I’ll either buy it on launch day (I enjoyed sims knitting in sims 2 a lot so I might use the feature, I do love the bar globe we got in one stuff pack) Or I might buy in on sale like I did with half of the others.

I bought half of the stuff packs on sale

I also did the same with the sims 2 and 3 stuff packs... I actually enjoyed how the H&M stores looked I can’t say that for all the builds in the sims franchise.