Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Knifty Knitting is coming! Let's take a poll

Nifty Knitting is releasing this year, the 2nd stuff pack that is community voted. Let's take a poll on current day usage of Laundry Day, the 1st community voted stuff pack. Do you use Laundry Day?

Knifty Knitting is coming! Let's take a poll 225 votes

YES! I use laundry in all or most of my builds. Love it!
48%
Akl500PcrocobauraBluegayleCK213bshag4lvGoldmoldarIcewolfalexspoom13IceyJdreamergrl84DawnEnigma1jaletu2005JueJueMi9shaoscarSimpatsyannsam123AlrynnmcruddBrokenChaos69bandcampsquirrel 108 votes
Sometimes. I used laundry when the pack first released but lately, not so much. Maybe if I feel my house needs it I'll throw in a laundry room. Neutral.
23%
brackencat31alan650111Cabelle1863Colorist40overonIsb917Lavasm77BloosmooStrangerthanelanorbretonfreindlylolJestTruluthienrisingloubyloulouSirenLuminosGwastenMicaspice3DaB1gVAngelini55GracieO312 53 votes
Heck No! I hate doing laundry in real life, why would I do it in the sims?
2%
mock68OnverserOldeseadoggeSheepilingInuMiroLoverrottmeister 6 votes
I don't use washer and dryer but I do love the build/buy and CAS items
19%
Kita5399LaBlue0314AllearsCamkatPlayerSinger2010MaryVannThunderbat87justChrisUkSnuffyBucketDevSims91JerrelloJACKIEJOYTeeSeahalloweenchildIvyeyedSims4MagicalTalesDDanteeKathykinsWrwurryttu3k 43 votes
Never Got The Pack
6%
AyradyssEvilWitch83sekojranaemeredoogeriebenson2006SindocatSusim62SimsLovinLycanStarDreamerAngeliqueAdelaideSimmingalfinnhstewbyEmptyGold 15 votes

Comments

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Sometimes. I used laundry when the pack first released but lately, not so much. Maybe if I feel my house needs it I'll throw in a laundry room. Neutral.
    I use it a lot in my suburban homes, and in some of my apartments. In some of my wealthiest homes I tend to skip it and either pretend the servants are doing it off camera, or in the city that the well to dos are having it sent out.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I almost hit the "Heck no" button before I saw there was an answer closer to how I actually use the pack. :smile:

I have yet to include a laundry room in any of my builds and I don't plan to do so any time soon. But I love the rest of the pack.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I don't include a laundry room but my sims all use the outdoor wash bin and clothes line! They live an eco friendly life as conservationists in Sulani so it seems to fit. (Been playing the same family for 3.5 years (same generation still but they used to live in Newcrest until IL came out)
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I mainly play off the grid now so I use the washtub and clothesline a lot. I never got into the machines though.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I find myself always using the laundry day stuff pack and using the items in my builds and renos
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I don't do it in every house, but sometimes I'll throw it in University dorms to make life harder for myself :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

• JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I always make a laundry room but I don't always put a washer/dryer in it. I love the items that come with this pack and use them in almost every build. I just don't always use the washer and dryer, I only use it sometimes.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    I'll include laundry rooms when I have the space and play the house for a long while, so I have the time to use it. Honestly, I just like building cute little laundry rooms.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Chores are boring. I don't like doing them in game.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I like family game play and this just fits right into it.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I never thought I would 'cause it's laundry and there's nothing to it and I hate doing it in real life BUT... yeah, I actually use them a lot. It makes life difficult for my sims. (And I guess I like getting to build the laundry room I wish I had in my own home lol)
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I love the build/buy and CAS items and use them a lot. I do use the laundry feature occasionally but end up growing tired of it after a while.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I use it in all my homes daily life is way to easy laundry adds a small challenge which is needed.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • MagicalSimmer110MagicalSimmer110 Posts: 20 Member
    I LOVE all the CAS and build mode items. I use laundry when it is a small household so I don't have so much to keep doing.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    One of the best stuff packs for this game to date - I use the items in pretty much every sim home. The laundry adds some needed realism to the game, but I also love that I can avoid it if it doesn't fit the style of the household I'm playing.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    All my sims get to do laundry. I love it when sims decide by themselves to go and push the buttons to start the washing machine or the dryer.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Never Got The Pack
    I am a late adopter - I only migrated from TS3 when offered the base TS4 game for free - and I am choosy about packs. Laundry may well at some point make the cut and be added to the game, but there are other packs I am more likely to get sooner - such as knitting (which looks great).
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    I only sometimes use laundry but I use the build buy stuff all the time.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I bought it for a specific save...which I haven't played in about a year! I use the laundry option with some of my households but not all. At the moment I've got 9 households in my rotation and am doing laundry with 2 of those.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    Heck No! I hate doing laundry in real life, why would I do it in the sims?
    I probably should've chosen the last option because I don't own the pack, but this is pretty much the sentiment as to why I did not buy it.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    I like buildig, so i got it for that. Washer & Dryer are used in some lots like gyms, where they take no effect, just because it looks nice.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    If I'm honest I rarely use the washing machine and dryer but I LOVE the cas and bb options so Laundry day was well worth the money. When I do use it, it's in a neat sims house. I'm looking forward to the knitting pack now that more has been revealled as well, the picture of those cats playing with the yarn, adorable!
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Absolutely adore the CAS and BB items, some of my favourites in the series. Never do laundry. It's so tedious!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I only use the washers and dryers in some families when i feel it makes sense, like when i have a stay at home mum or when im playing off the grid. But i like it.
  • AlrynnAlrynn Posts: 44 Member
    I use it in almost all of my builds now but only paired with mods that allow sims to turn the machine on after loading it and make them break less often. Otherwise it felt like an annoyance to check on it every time, so I never used it.