Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Blackwell Chronicles (On Hiatus)

Comments

• Options
    SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    For the love of everything, get the man a onesie.
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
  • Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,753 Member
    For the love of everything, get the man a onesie.

Oh gods I think you just killed me snuffy ahHAHAHAA :D:D:D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited September 2020
    @_sims_Yimi
    I also thought the song was perfect. I know, poor Cordelia. At least she knows where she stands now.

Oh yes. I'm actually really proud of Cordelia for how she handled everything in this chapter, both her encounter with Micah and with Morgyn. And yes, definitely took a lot of courage. She is very brave, in spite of everything she's been through (or because of it? Not sure.). Possibly too brave for her own good.

That would be convenient if that was how it worked. But no, blood will always be tempting to vampires, unfortunately.

@SnuffyBucket Ok.
    tpZ42Ur.png

I mean, this was totally just meant for lols at first... but... he kind of rocks it?

REovrsX.png
  • Options
    SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    @ThePlumbob

And just like that, I have a new screensaver. :D Oh, he looks so unimpressed, but dude
    you almost have a house mate now, you can't just go wandering the sex prison in your undies. Not until all the other guests show up.
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
  • Options
    @SnuffyBucket
    I mean, he had housemates before and it never stopped him. To be fair, he's only ever wearing underwear in his own bedroom. It's just that Cordelia somehow always manages to end up there haha.
  • Options
    lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    LOL. Batman onesie. :D When snuffy suggested a onesie, I envisioned Micah taking up knitting in his free time and knitting himself a onesie, but this is so much better!

Okay, now I'm fully recovered from laughter.
    Maybe Micah won't be such a bad roommate, as long as he keeps his fangs away from Cordelia. But at the same time, that would be really difficult living with someone that is seeing your romantic interest, and that romantic interest expects you just to be cool with it. I don't blame Cordelia for not wanting anything to do with Morgyn's house. On a side note, I like the wallpaper in Cordelia's room (I have no idea why I notice random things like this).

And Morgyn has their claws in deep, Cordelia still clung to them when she was breaking down, but maybe it was because she just needed some type of comfort and Morgyn just happened to be there (I hope it's this, but something tells me, it's going to take a while for Cordelia to get over Morgyn). Dandy needs to give Cordelia a hug and pancakes when she gets to Sylvan Glade. :)

• Options
    @DeafSimmer
    I'd be inclined to agree - both about the past being an influence, but also about it not justifying their actions.

@lone_cat Haha I guess Micah does have enough time on his hands to take up knitting, bud sadly for him, I don't have that pack, so he's stuck being a gloomy painter :D Now wearing a batman onesie.
    This made me think of the roommate quirks from Discover University, and things roommates clash over in general. "Yeah Micah, he's a decent roommate, never leaves any dirty dishes around, doesn't blast loud music, but man, the blood drinking thing is annoying" :D

But on a more serious note, yes, it can't be easy living with someone your romantic interest is dating, even if you were technically ok with them seeing other people in the first place.

Yes, her falling into their arms is not the most promising. But it's not like she can just switch off all of her feelings. She did manage to pull herself away and leave, at least. I think she did well, considering how tough she's finding the whole situation.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    So I too have finally succumbed to the recent Artbreeder craze. Do all of these characters look kind of creepy, nothing like themselves or like any humans in general? Yes. Will I still share them? Yes.

Cordelia
    1eBtmaI.jpg

Dandy (ugh I've spent the most time on him by far still can't get him to look even remotely right)
    dZGaV8w.jpg

Morgyn
    C2UoNin.jpg

Micah (edit version 2 because I have too much time on my hands lol)
    KUsqgOi.jpg

L Faba (please excuse her poorly photoshopped hair, I couldn't get it to be pink in Artbreeder so you're stuck with my lazy PS edit)
    vAz7AQ0.jpg

I think L Faba turned out the best, she reminds me of Taylor Swift which I feel like is apt :D
    Post edited by ThePlumbob on
  • Options
    @DeafSimmer Now that you've mention it, I could see that!
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Ooooh!! I am super loving your arebreeder pics everyone looks gorgeous! Dandy looks like a workout to make. But woah he would be considered a pretty boy here in SEA (im doing a literal translation so im not sure if it means the same in english. Just know its a good thing.) . And I see the red splotch on Micah got transferred too. He looks so like his sim though thats awesome. Curtis looks... ..... 😂

Dayum Cordy is cute!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @mercuryfoam

Thank you! I made so many versions of Dandy haha. I'm still not sure he looks as Dandy-like as I would like, but of course he was never going to haha. He did turn out cute I think, and has that youthful innocence going for him. I wish I could have gone with him smiling but it just looked creepy!

Haha yeah I decided to keep Micah's red nose, I could have changed his skintone more but it messed with his jawline (I find it annoying that it does stuff like that, like why does making somebody's eyes more blue have to change their shape, for instance!). My husband said Micah looks sad, so I was like "goal achieved" lol! I'm not sure Artbreeder did him justice, though.

Cordelia, L Faba and Morgyn I think came out as the most accurate to what I'd imagine them to look like. I actually only just realised that I did use to know someone that kind of looked like Cordie.

I'd love to see Curtis! And Athena, I bet she turned out lovely. Will you be sharing all of your cast?
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @ThePlumbob

Dandy is cute yup. You can say that again. I think his pic is the most artistic of all. I thought you were going for a blend of realistic and caricature art style. :lol:
    Haha yeah I decided to keep Micah's red nose, I could have changed his skintone more but it messed with his jawline (I find it annoying that it does stuff like that, like why does making somebody's eyes more blue have to change their shape, for instance!
    I didn't understand this either. I had so much trouble with everyone's eye color. Especially Athena's. :joy: Tbh I've already accepted Micah's red nose as his distinguishing feature lol. So yeah he looks fine with it now even if initially I was not used to it.

Yeap. L Faba and Morgyn look really good. I'm amazed at your portraits.
    Ah you know what, I'll just share what I have of my cast now. I've been meaning to fix the ones I don't like but I just don't have the time to. my sleep is a mess so I'm a zombie. :)
  • Options
    @mercuryfoam
    Dandy is cute yup. You can say that again. I think his pic is the most artistic of all. I thought you were going for a blend of realistic and caricature art style. :lol:
    Yeah, his is definitely the most portrait-like more so than realistic, otherwise he just looked crazy or nothing like himself. I guess that comes with the territory when attempting to convert a young elf with white hair, tan skin and purple eyes haha!
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,378 Member
    I think he looks a little childish and that's probably not so bad when it comes to Dandy <3
  • Options
    @MonaSolstraale Oh yeah, the childlike appearance is definitely intentional, he's meant to look young :) I had the opposite problem where he was looking too manly at first :D
  • Options
    I have decided to do another version of Micah because I'm a loser I feel like I've done him dirty compared to the others - probably because his eyebrow was really arched in the original pic I used. (Which is not entirely my fault - the dude is so underwhelmed by all the plum I throw his way that the bemused arched eyebrow is sort of his default expression haha). And he came out looking entirely different.

Micah V2
    KUsqgOi.jpg

Maybe now I'll actually do something productive with my day. *sigh* (Before I entirely spiral into a sea of faces lol)
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob I do not remember the first version nor do I think that is the intention :)
    They are all very beautiful :love:
    I do not know why it scares me a little to see them in "flesh and blood". It's like a filter disappears and they could step in by my door in a moment.... At times, I have a little too lively a fantasy :joy:
    What kind of program you use?
  • Options
    lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    Yay! I'm so happy you shared them all. :) I love L Faba and Cordelia. <3:) I think they are my favorites of the bunch. Dandy looks so young and innocent, which is fitting for his character. I could definitely see how his portrait would be the hardest. Micah and Morgyn also look awesome and like the original. I know how you feel; I got way too distracted with artbreeder and had to redo one of my characters because of his expression, lol.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @MonaSolstraale I know what you mean! I debated whether to do this at all, because their sim form is their "true" form and some sim features don't translate well into the real world. If they were real, they'd probably look nothing like this :) Also as I have learned with Micah, depending on the "base" image you start of with you can get wildly different results for the same person! But curiosity got the best of me when I saw other people trying it out with their sims :)

And I'm with you about being scared about seeing them in the real world, there is a reason why I didn't even attempt Verena, she'd give me nightmares :D Realistically the only ones I'd be open to meeting "IRL" would be Dandelion and Cordelia, the rest I'd be terrified of :sweat_smile:

It's done through Artbreeder, once you make an account it lets you create a "portrait" from an uploaded image. If you end up trying it out and make Finn and Naja, let me know! :smile:
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob Maybe I should try ... if I dare :joy:
    I'll give you a tip ;)
  • Options
    @lone_cat Thank you! I had a lot of fun, but it is a good thing it cuts you off after 5 uploads :D I was surprised with how well L Faba turned out, I did her last and it was super easy, which I didn't anticipate. I guess now I'll think of her whenever a Taylor Swift song comes up on the radio :D
  • Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,753 Member
    And I'm with you about being scared about seeing them in the real world, there is a reason why I didn't even attempt Verena

Pretty please? With sugar on top? :D

Joking aside though, they all look amazing! I especially like how L Faba turned out. Micah took some of that vampire gloom to his Artbreeder self, I see. :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    @_sims_Yimi I'm out of upload credits, maybe next month :D If I decide I really want to give myself nightmares...

Thank you :) I love the way L Faba looks, was very pleased with how she turned out! Micah without gloom would not be Micah, would it? :D