Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Ridley Residence [Chapter 5.32 - 30.07.2023]

Comments

• Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Wow, I didn't know the critics had such a big influence! Congratulations on the four star restaurant.
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,381 Member
    Congratulations to the four stars and the many satisfied customers.
    I am impressed with your systematic approach to solving tasks in the game :)
    I can see that it pays off :star:
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited September 2020
    Welcome back! I took a little break last week, but now I'm back with FOUR episodes! With that I'll end Generation 1, meaning that Oliver will take over. You did a great job, Liz! Stay tuned for Generation 2!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    Congratulations on finishing generation 1! Nicely timed with Oliver growing up.
  • Options
    Chapter 2.1 is out after a little break!

From now on, I think I'll post 3 chapters every Sunday. I always can make some time in the weekends, but during the week it's almost impossible for me to get myself to write, but I don't want to slow down, so I'll just post more chapters in one day. :)
  • Options
    Yesss, the Ridleys are back!

I love what you did with the place. It looks so pretty. 😍
    And it was fun to finally see someone within Dulce's family, she has a sister!
  • Options
    @Duvelina thank you!!!
    Yeah, at first I was like 'who is you, what are you doing in front of my house', but then I looked into it and found out that Dulce indeed had a younger sister ^^ and of course there's also Malcolm, but I don't think he'll visit... I don't know anymore actually. Will see as I write the chapters!
  • Options
    Three new Sunday-chapters!!
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @Skeilah Congratulations on completing Liz's story. What an accomplishment! Liz is a boss. :)

I'm looking forward to future generations.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm giving you 2 new Sunday Chapters today because I figured that counting 3-6-9 is more easy than counting 4-7-10. xD
  • Options
    You're such a talented decorator! I always lovw whatever you do with the residence.
  • Options
    The 3 new Sunday Chapters are up!
  • Options
    Hey @Skeilah, finally trying to catch up a bit.

Chapter 2.1
    Haha. I had no idea that you could set MCCC settings to flag for 'No offspring.' That would be uber useful in many of my games where townies keep spawning and taking up valuable real estate and game spaces. :D I learned something new.

Also congrats Dulce and Oliver on pregnancy! I can't wait to see the third heir grow up too. :) I love the renovations to the house - the kitchen and bar area especially. I think it's nice to renovate with each heir to make it more suitable to their taste. I've seen other gamers do that as well.

Dulce thought her kid sister was spying on her?? Does she still not have a good relationship with her dad because she married Oliver?? And Candace is psychic? o_0 wow!

Fun chapter!

Chapter 2.2
    So Candace is spying? And her dad couldn't come over and do it himself? I'm wanting to meet this Landgraab guy so I can give him a piece of my mind. Haha. Who drank the drinks at the bar if Candace didn't??
    "No time, no time! I need to find 9 other people! Do you have a lot of friends? Can I introduce myself to them?"
    :lol:

Another intriguing chapter. I'm super curious about the Landgraabs.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 Yay!!

I also had no idea, I just learned the other day! I'm glad I can learn people things while I'm learning them myself :)

I'm also super curious!! I'm going to renovate parts of the house, like the first floor which is now in a DJ-setting, but the ground floor will probably stay the same because I like it really much. I'll see what happens in the future!

Tamtamtaaaaaam. She was just randomly at the front door at that time, so I was like, well I can give this a twist xD I also liked my idea of Candace being a psychic! That was also pretty random. It's like I get something in my mind and poof, there I go. xD

I like that you liked the chapter!!

Her dad is a lazy s**t**ss. Like for real. He didn't show up from this moment where I am. I'm not going to get him there by myself, so let's hope he shows up by himself in some way.

Well, I deleted the glasses HAHAHAHAHA. But that's my personal secret. Let's just pretend Candace drink them.

Yeah, those Landgraabs are really something! I'm also really curious about them myself, because they just show up whenever they want.

---

I am going to post three new chapters today AND three new chapters on Sunday, wooo! I'm on a killing spree! (nah okay, I just had time to write a lot of chapters, so I'm happy that I can finally post things)

Stay tuned!!
  • Options
    edited November 2020
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Yesterday was my birthday, so I'm sorry for the delay xD But my birthday is a good reason! Here are the promised next three chapters:
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Happy belated birthday!

Chapter 2.10

I hate that you can't do some things at someone else's place. There's a reward trait for it though. Whenever I need it for the first time I buy it so my sims don't get called out for being inappropriate.
  • Options
    Duvelina wrote: »
    Happy belated birthday!

Chapter 2.10

I hate that you can't do some things at someone else's place. There's a reward trait for it though. Whenever I need it for the first time I buy it so my sims don't get called out for being inappropriate.

Thank you!!

Aha, that’s a good tip! I did know about the reward trait, but it just slipped my mind. The barbecue in the park was the first thing I could think of 😂
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Happy belated birthday! 🎂

Am on my phone so not the best for reading, but I wanna wish you first because there's only 2 hours left before I go over midnight here. Im sure there are more hours at your place but y'know. Better now than miss out later 😄
  • Options
    All caught up!

I honestly feel bad for Dulce. She's picking up all the slack. Oliver should really help her out more!

The party animal aspiration IS broken, by the way. Not all parties count towards the goal. There's a fix here.
  • Options
    Happy belated birthday! 🎂

Am on my phone so not the best for reading, but I wanna wish you first because there's only 2 hours left before I go over midnight here. Im sure there are more hours at your place but y'know. Better now than miss out later 😄

Thank you!! :)
    Duvelina wrote: »
    All caught up!

I honestly feel bad for Dulce. She's picking up all the slack. Oliver should really help her out more!

The party animal aspiration IS broken, by the way. Not all parties count towards the goal. There's a fix here.

I also feel bad for Dulce. Maybe it's just my incapability to watch over a family xDDD

I don't know anymore how, but I succeeded in finishing the aspiration (I already played this full generation hehe), but thank you for letting me know that this aspiration is indeed broken. I think I looked at the internet for myself to see if the aspiration was broken, but again, not sure xD Maybe I even downloaded something myself to fix it because I still know I completed the aspiration!
  • Options
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Congrats on your writing spree. I'm so sorry I missed all your comments, @Skeilah. I'm having issues with the forums now where I'm not always notified. Meh. Is anyone else having these problems?

Okay... catching up...
    Awww baby belly. And Ninja. I love seeing ghost Ninja pop up from time to time. Miss you fur baby. Go ghost dog bath! :lol:

Liz's face is priceless. Love it! :joy: A keg party? Getting out a little leftover teenage rebellion, Oliver? :tongue: You would, wouldn't you? Is a keg party a thing in game or is it a mod? I don't think I've seen that option or item before.

Alison is indeed strong. I wouldn't lift my siblings and I wouldn't let them lift me either. Haha.

House is pretty clean for that "work related party." :wink: Dulce, be glad you missed it. You are premiers after all.

Chips in the morning, Oliver? Oh and I didn't know chips could spoil?!? :open_mouth:

There is such a thing as pregnancy cleaning. I think it's called nesting.

Oliver, my man, interrupt your flow because your wife's "flow" is happening. Water-breaking-birth-of-a-child takes priority. *face-palm*

Where does Ella live again?

Aww Dulce and Liz bonding over raising children! Love to see it.

Sim logic! :lol:

Baby Lewie gets to sleep near a fireplace. Lucky.

Love love love that new kitchen! The bar area. All that green. Chef's kiss. Beautiful!

You are way too good for this world, Dulce. Ah artists! What they do (or don't do/ forget to do) for their art! Phone call on the toilet? Throwing a party while your wife is at the park with her step-sister/half sister???

I think this is the first Party Animal in Ts4 I've actually seen throw/ host/ go to this many parties. This really sells the party animal obsession thing. (That's a good thing for the aspiration... not so good thing for the husband-father stuff).

Now I really want brownies!!

More Sim logic. I'll just invite myself to a party and eat all your food, says random guy.

Really Dulce means a lot to you, Oliver? I have my doubts. Throwing parties while she's a new mama and never when she's home (at least not yet). I'm all for big gatherings and they make for fun in game, but I feel like you could include your wife more, and let her know you're having parties. Oh and help out more! Dulce is surprisingly chill with the mess, and the fact that her hubby just threw a party without her. I wouldn't be so calm. Haha.

Promise to dedicate songs? Not just dedicate songs? I'm not sure I've seen that pop- up in game before. Cool.

Awww brownie. That's a perfect nickname. Oliver even had brownies at the party for Lewis in the last chapter. I might just call Lewis "brownie" from now on. :lol: Come to think of it... where did all those brownies come from? Did Oliver bake or did Liz bring them?

Aww so nice of the family to send gifts for Brownie... << see I told you I would use it! :lol: Oliver pay attention to your kid.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    @AdamsEve1231 No problem at all! I don't seem to have the problem. I smiled while reading your comments!

Yessss, I love Ninja's spirit around the house! Makes everything a little more... Like it's not a challenge? xD I'm still a bit struggling in making a good story while playing the challenge, but I'm trying my best here. Ghost baths indeed! I thought that was really funny ^^

The keg party is in game for sure. And yes, Oliver has still som leftover teenage rebellion :P He's just still a teenager....

Well my brother may lift me if he wants but I for sure won't lift him hahhahaha!

I really forgot I made Oliver say 'a work related party' HAHAHAH omg. I'm horrible xD Oh no, Oliver's horrible! I have absolutely nothing to do with this.

Hahaha, same question! I was also like 'why are you doing that under my supervision?'. Well, every food spoils, so chips does too! And it's his own fault for being nauseated afterwards. Heheheheh.

There is a word for pregnancy cleaning???? Whoa, I didn't knew that. Now this cleaning-obsessing of Dulce makes more sense.

Oliver sure doesn't know where his priorities are at the moment xD

Ella lives in Willow Creek, that's where the Rindle Rose lot is located!

Hehe, I also liked the screenshot with Dulce and Liz just talking outside :)

I think it's a nice place for the baby bed :D I just hope the bed doesn't catch fire.

Thank you! That means so much for me, because I want to stay with this layout. I just fell in love with it, hehe. Of course, sometimes I'll change some minor things, but I'm not going to make huge differences (I think hehe).

Dulce is WAYYYYY too good for this world, but her traits are Cheerful, Neat and Good, so we couldn't expect less. And then there's Oliver.... xD Dulce is Adelaide's aunt, so that makes Adelaide Dulce's... Niece? Is that what it's called?

This aspiration has made me soooo mad sometimes xD It's like half broke and doesn't count everything, so oooooof, difficult aspiration. I agree with you that this whole generation isn't good for husband-father stuff. BUT! Maybe it will get better someday. I hope. Really.

The amount of brownies on that table was huge indeed!! Now I also want brownies.

I still don't know who that random guy was. HAHAHA.

Well, throwing parties when Dulce is not home is partly my fault because I always forget she has to work, but I can blame that on Oliver too, can I? xD I totally agree with you tho. Like we said, Dulce is WAYYYYYYYYY too good for this world. I for sure wouldn't be so calm, haha!

Maybe it's something new? A new addition? I don't know hehehe.

It is, right?! Now that you point out the brownies from the day before... Wow, I'm a genius, and I didn't even think of that when I wrote that sentence. Hmmmm, good question... Where did the brownies come from.... I think Liz made them when she still lived there and they were just in the fridge and I put them there. Most likely that's what happened.

Hahahahaha I like the nickname! Hahahahah he had to pay attention to him for a few hours and he almost messed up already. Maybe someday he will do it right...

• Options
    Hooray! Glad I could make you smile. I stopped following and then refollowed this thread. Looks like that worked.

I guess Oliver really is still a teenager. A young husband and dad. Keg party for college age is a believable thing. I looked it up. Keg party came with Discover University (and I've barely played that pack).

Yup my mother in law confirmed. Nesting is a term for pregnancy cleaning. You're getting ready for the "nest" when the baby arrives.

So Dulce's sister or brother is Adelaide's parent? Dulce's family tree is a mite confusing. The more the merrier I guess.

I would take leftover Liz brownies any day.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest