Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Ridley Residence [Chapter 5.32 - 30.07.2023]

Comments

• Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Alison gave Antonia a key to the house? That's some trust right there! I wonder what Liz and Brent would say about that. 😂
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Chapter 1.41 is out!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    Sounds like Liz is zoning out. I hope she gets more involved with her kids again soon.
  • Options
    Duvelina wrote: »
    Sounds like Liz is zoning out. I hope she gets more involved with her kids again soon.
    Oh, she is zoned out for sure. Don’t know what to do with her anymore, she won’t listen. Just bake bake bake
  • Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,753 Member
    Woop woop, time to get caught up. :#

I’ve always wondered how sims can do their homework properly on the couch. I remember needing to use half the dinner table, with books stacked everywhere and rulers and calculators and way too many notes for comfort. xD
    Brent just wants to give your readers some eye candy. =3
    Hey, Oliver looks pretty good! And so does Dulce! Do you not change anything about their facial features when they grow up?

Aww, no more muscular Liz? That’s a shame. I guess the baked goods just scream too loudly to ignore, haha. She sure is singularly focused today. Nothing can come between her and her baking/food, not even family!

Brent just never shows up with a shirt anymore, does he? xD I approve.
    Nawwwww <3 that was cute, Liz and Brent will being lovey dovey. Aaaaaand there she goes back into her baking-induced career frenzy. I honestly wonder what Liz will do when she reaches her end goal. Just… keep baking into infinity?
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    @_sims_Yimi
    I did change Oliver's hair and clothes xD But other than that, no. It's not like I go change his eyebrows or nose or mouth or something. I'm also not a beard- or moustache person, so most of my male Sims don't have beards/moustaches unless I think it really suits them xD

I don't watch Liz anymore after she moved out to the Ridley Retirement Home (yep, that's how I called it HAHAHAH), but I do think she'll keep going and baking. She also still has her job by then, so I guess she'll be fine.

Chapter 1.42 is out!
  • Options
    First kiss! Oliver is making big step getting himself involved with a rich girl. Exciting!
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited August 2020
    Oof! So far behind. Catching up.

Love the warm colors. Nice makeover in the kitchen. Also cake for breakfast? Haha. What about coffee cake? :tongue:

I agree though. Too much sugar in the morning isn't good for you. I started eating heartier breakfasts with less simple carbs and sugar and it's made a big difference in my morning energy.

I love how you're all no sugar for breakfast! And then Liz immediately bakes cookies. And later she eats dessert at the restaurant. :lol: although vertical berry cake does sound yummy.

Aww some love for the Pancakes. Eliza looks lovely in purple.

P.S. I'm pretty sure you can change the frames color in game. I've done it before. Also you can resize the photos if you need more room/ wall space.

Awww Ella cares about her brother. Liz at the end trying to "see" you was funny!

Brent going to work in his pajamas? :wink: I should think going to work in shorts and a short sleeved shirt in winter with snowy conditions would be cold though. Brr...

Ah that was so nice for the restaurant to give Liz a special table.

Antonio and Alison biking all the way to San Myshuno had me giggling... in winter snow no less. :lol:

I must say Liz looks so pretty in her red blazer jacket and black top! And you are so not a disappointment, Liz! You're doing a lot and it's awesome.

Awww the pictures of Liz with her mom are so sweet. And Ninja and Brent! :cry::blush: Oh the feels!

Sixam Pit Beast. Yuck! You think what you want Liz!

Somehow I combined "sweaty gym shorts" and "buckle those boots" in my head for the notification of Ella's teenagedom and read boot.y shorts :lol: Yep they really only work in the teen years and even then... :grimace: But Ella is so pretty. But did you have to go to bed, Ella??? :lol Levi's sweater... and bumping into Brent. Uh oh. But actually he approved?!? Okay, haha!

Liz and Brent make beautiful kids. And Liz rocks the black chef's outfit.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Not trying to be rude, but you use the phrase "make homework" frequently. It's unusual to me so I was wondering if it's a phrase that's getting lost in translation (for me, not you).

Alison sneaky sneaky. Haha. Looks like she enjoyed the party. Ella got a boyfriend. How cute! :heart:

And the whole dishwasher thing is a glitch in game and it annoys me to no end. Why wash in the upstairs bathroom when you have (oh I don't know) a perfectly good dishwasher in the same room or even the kitchen sink. I have a mod where you can disable sink washing.

Looks like Alison didn't get away with it. Oof and breaking the coffee machine in the meantime! :grimace:

I literally lol'd at topless dad. :lol:
    Also his whole "I'm a painter not an electrician" reminded me of Bones in Star Trek.

i-m-a-doctor-not-a-miracle-worker.png

I'm so glad Dulce is back. I thought it was awfully mean to ask her to come home. What did Oliver ever do to their family? But sadly, I know this happens in real life. *sigh*

Ella... lots of bread! Girl, you had me... right there! I'd stay and do homework or whatever with you! :lol:

Wow! Fast retirement offer. I'm not sure I've seen that before in game. What a weird offer.

That was so sweet of Antonio to wait. He seems like a good match for Alison. I like him a lot. Yeah, Alison, adolescence doesn't really make much sense, but it'll pass. I promise.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 Hahaha I liked your answers so much! Laughed a lot :D. About the 'make homework' thing, I didn't really know it was so unusual actually. I may have literally translated it from Dutch (Flemish hehe, I can only speak for Flemish people in Belgium) to English, we don't 'do' our homework. xD But I'll try to remember!
  • Options
    Liz: "No, we're not celebrating anything. I just don't feel like cooking."
    Alison: "Are you sick?"
    Oliver: "Are you going to die?"
    Brent: "Another question. When's the last time you washed yourself?! There's green smoke all around you."
    Liz: "Ehm...."
    Brent: "Oh lord... Please, go take a shower before you poison that cake. I'll clean the table for you."

These lines made me laugh so much! :D

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Skeilah wrote: »
    @AdamsEve1231 Hahaha I liked your answers so much! Laughed a lot :D. About the 'make homework' thing, I didn't really know it was so unusual actually. I may have literally translated it from Dutch (Flemish hehe, I can only speak for Flemish people in Belgium) to English, we don't 'do' our homework. xD But I'll try to remember!

I wondered if it was a cultural thing I was missing. Also glad you enjoyed my comments.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Brent: "Hey kids! If you go outside, close the door!"
    Ella (outside): "Sorry dad!"

Or you could PUT ON A SHIRT!

Brent: "Never."

Haha. :lol: You keep being you, Brent. :wink: Shirtless dad forever!

Aww Oliver is a cutie. Those eyebrows though! :joy:

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Almost there. Another cute chapter. Awww I hope Dulce's dad isn't preventing her from coming over because of the money and status thing.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    I was a little lazy so here's the Monday-chapter, finally :#

Chapter 1.43 is out!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    The kids are so mean to each other! And Alison is going fast. She's moving in with Antonio upon aging up?
  • Options
    @Duvelina
    Reminds me if me and my brother :P sometimes we were the best friends and the next moment we’re each others enemies xD

I make everyone leave as soon as they can, just because I’ll forget it if I don’t
  • Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,753 Member
    Brent: "I'm fine. I don't want to cover my sexy body for all of my fans."
    XDDDDDDD yeeeeeeessss, Brent knows what’s up. Your fans approve! Though I wouldn’t want him to turn into a popsickle haha. Freezing to death can’t be fun.
    Dulce invited him to a romance festival?! Girl moves fast, haha. Looks like the romance portion of Oliver’s life will go off without a hitch. ^^

Ouch, grumpy teenagers. Better watch out with those two. At least they’re sorta smiling in the piano picture? Unless it’s the we’re-about-to-fight showing of teeth. Oh, yup, that’s what it was. Poor Alison.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    Chapter 1.44 is out! I tried a few panels in manga-like-format to see if people like it and if I could use it more.
  • Options
    Awww, so good to see Ninja again! And the restaurant is open. 😍 Such a fun chapter.
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,381 Member
    Yes. Ninja has moved back to the family again <3
    Liz has opened her restaurant. It's a big place and will probably require a lot of work. It will be exciting to follow her progress. I hope she's happy about it.

Alison has grown up and moved in with Antonio. She is a sweet girl and I hope she has a good life :)
  • Options
    I am one chapter behind so today I got two chapters for you: Chapter 1.45 and Chapter 1.46!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Funny how both Brent and Brant moved on with women after their relationship.

I've never run a restaurant before. It seems pretty hard!

Nice house renovation, by the way. It looks so fancy.

• Options
    @Duvelina
    Hahahahah, indeed! I also think that's funny, but I didn't flag Brant to marry with a man so yeah, I guessed that would happen.

I had also never run a restaurant before this and I thought for sure it was hard to find out how everything worked. Took me a while xD Thank you!

So today I'm finally able to write my missing 2 episodes :P Stay tuned!
  • Options
    Chapter 1.47 and Chapter 1.48 are out!