Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,759 Member
    I spent all of yesterday, and I do mean all day, building in my Ancestral game save. I needed a bit of a break, I guess. Then, as I was finishing up the Sevier house (Toll House Farm), I nearly had a panic attack. I had spent days on the new Hawkins Complex and was wondering if I still had it somewhere. :open_mouth: I have five older Trays trapped on the Hard Drive on my dead gaming rig. :open_mouth: I had taken the opportunity to get creative. I have seen the original outside of Toll House Farm, (that still exits) and it was explained that there were five rooms on the ground floor. Hence the L-Shape I use for it. So far, I've never even had a description of the Hawkins Complex, other than it was surrounded by Palisades (those pointy, tall rods that form a fence) and inside there was a blacksmith shop, a Trading post, and a Tavern. I'm just working on the house. Happily, I found it. For once I didn't delete the first save I had tentatively started and was able to pull it from there, uploading to My Library. (I did fine three copies afterwards, seems I had already safe-guarded it.) Oh, sometimes it's just plain hard to be me. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Thirteen-year-old Jamison Cantrell barely began high school. Two days in class and on that second day got a strange phone call upon his return home. Seems his grades were high and they wanted to offer him the chance to graduate early. Being that he really hates school, Jamison agreed. He shared his news with his mother, who told him he had to wait until his father got home from work. Erik returned in the evening. By his wife's direction, he learned Jamison had some news and that he was on the back patio. The night was very warm being summer. The two talked and Erik quizzed his son as to what he wanted to do with his life. The boy finally admitted he wanted to be an actor. Then Erik asked about his news. While Erik was pleased his son had garnered the offer, he reminded his young son, the deal only happened if his father agreed to it. This caused a bit of a heated discussion between the two. Jamison was bent on following in his father's footsteps, while Erik was busy putting the brakes on the boy, reminding him he was only just thirteen. When Jamison fired back, Erik carefully pointed out to his son, that Erik was much older, seventeen, at the time he moved onto the campus and began his first term, and that he wasn't alone. In the end, despite the rigorous back and forth, Erik told him he didn't have to wait to begin his journey through university, he just couldn't live on campus at this time. Jamison flung one last objection that went nowhere. "But. But what about my acting?" "I can run lines with you." Yeah, it's tough when your first born becomes a teen. LOL
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Erik and Kayleigh left all six of their children at home, under the care of their eldest a Teen. Of course, Erik's three siblings who all live just down the hill and across a short field were all on alert. Even so, Dad found himself preoccupied with how things were going at home. At long last, he received a text which was a photo Jamison took. A Selfie, really, showing Cadence behind him in her crib, fast asleep. Erik was grateful and putting his phone on vibrate barely had it in his pocket again when the category for Best Song was announced. Winning, again, he made his way to the platform to receive his Accolade doing his best to be gracious for another win. And to express that he wasn't going to stop being himself, which meant more writing and licensing of songs. He was well aware he was a role model, but not only to fans, but to his own children as well. He's got a 24th nomination, will he win, yet again?
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 883 Member
    Created a new family for my PC version of the game.
    Bit of a background, I made this family because some people were reacting to the movies that came out years ago.
    The family is based on Scooby Doo. I just have the base game for my PC, so I didn't make Scooby this time.
    I created Daphne, Fred, Velma and Shaggy. I made Daphne and Fred married, with a teenage daughter I named Destiny. I also had Velma and Shaggy married with a teenage son I named Norville Jr. I made Fred with blonde hair and blue eyes, Velma with auburn hair and green eyes, Shaggy with light brown/dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes, and Daphne a redhead with purple eyes. Daphne has had blue, and purple eyes, but green was mentioned as one of her colors. Couldn't really find the eye color for Shaggy. Destiny ended up being a younger version than Daphne, Norville Jr ended up having his father's skinny frame, but his hair and eye color came from his mom.
    Today, I had them move to an empty lot, and downloaded a house from the Gallery, and changed a few things for the pairings. I also downloaded a room for Destiny and Norville Jr to share. Destiny and Norville Jr did their homework, while their parents had some alone time together. Daphne and Fred were successful, and Daphne ended up expecting. Sadly, Velma and Shaggy had to wait another day for another child. Shortly after, the Welcome Wagon arrived, and the couples almost missed it, because they were still busy after their personal time.
    After the Welcome Wagon left, Norville Jr asked Destiny out on a date. The two hit it off, and had their first kiss together. They also became boyfriend and girlfriend, and exchanged promise rings. They went home, and spent time with one another.
    On another, kind of annoying note, Shaggy and Daphne were hanging out together. Velma and Fred were in the kitchen close to the room. Shaggy and Daphne became friends, and Daphne showed affection to Shaggy by hugging him. The game, and Fred and Velma, took that as cheating. So, I spent quite a bit of time trying to calm everyone down, which eventually happened. All this happened when Destiny and Norville Jr were at school. Shaggy took a job in the Culinary career later on, and Daphne went into the trendsetter career. Velma and Fred have yet to find jobs at the moment.
    On Daphne's first day of the job, she went into labor. She ran home from work to give birth, and immediately went back to work. She had a little girl that I named Della. Della has blonde hair and purple eyes, so she is a mix between her mother and father.
    Next time I play, it may be an update on a previous family, or a new family.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I finally got back into the game after several months away. My daughter and granddaughter moved in with us, and it has been hard to find time to play.

I continued to play with the Bheeda family and their twins, Parvati and Padma. It was fun to see them sitting up and scooting around on their knees. They are quickly going through those milestones.

Arun is finishing up his term at University and doing some programming side jobs. Jesminder is doing well enough with her art that the family was able to move to the larger apartment in their building.

I've been having a bug though where the food booths don't always show up which has been discouraging.
  • Options
    So glad to see you back @telemwill
  • Options
    My Cantrell family asks member of their extended family to join them in celebrating the national holiday. Even early in the day, it proved to be quite the scorcher, but then again, it was summertime in HoB. The kids played on the splash pad, and some of the adults, too. Despite the really nice built-in swimming pool in the yard. Come the evening when the sun went down, they let off fireworks to commend the day.

Jamison's scholarships came in, so the next day he spent his time registering to attend Britechester-U. He also got to work right away on the advance work. He took four classes, so he had that much homework, plus a presentation to create and a term paper to write. On Saturday, Erik took his family out to breakfast, (with the exception of the Infant Cadence). He invited Jamison to attend the Starlight Accolade Show since he expressed the desire to give acting a try. Harmony wanted to go, too, but her father gently turned her down suggesting sometime in the future he'd take her.

When the family returned home after breakfast, Erik placed birthday candles on the strawberry cake he'd ordered from Millie's and assisted Cadence with blowing them out. She did the obligatory twirly thing and spun herself into a Toddler. Erik grew a tad misty, since she was his last and final baby. Kayleigh took the birthday girl upstairs to give her a first lesson on using the Potty chair. Erik read Peter a book and then Peter raced upstairs to give his little sister a great big hug. She sang to him in return.

Ho-hum, no more babies. Sadness.
  • Options
    Princess of Da'varhPrincess of Da'varh Posts: 344 Member
    Smithy awoke and it was raining heavily outside. But, a little rain was not going to deter his fabulous mood, not today! Today Smithy was going to work for the first time. He was working in the hospital and he was no longer a mere mopper whose highlight of the day was having to polish the hospitals old mop (Slippery Sally). Oh no, today he was going to be helping out on Ward 17. He wasn’t an experienced doctor or researcher but he could make beds, bring food and take a temperature no problem. Well, he hoped so anyway. So he got up, had his first coffee of the day and it had never smelt better. He could smell success as well as coffee.

07-12-23-2-50-20-PM.png

Before long the bus was waiting, so he grabbed his umbrella and strode outside and went to the bus. It was unusually crowded. The summer festival was just around the corner so Smithy guessed that more tourists were coming in for the summer festivities. Before long the bus arrived at the hospital and his day’s work began.

How did it go?
    Well, Smithy did drop a few bed pans, he did spill a warm soup over Mrs Gloster and he got to take a child’s temperature. Did he enjoy it?
    07-12-23-3-00-04-PM.png
    Well... Maybe... XD
  • Options
    My Cantrell family asks member of their extended family to join them in celebrating the national holiday. Even early in the day, it proved to be quite the scorcher, but then again, it was summertime in HoB. The kids played on the splash pad, and some of the adults, too. Despite the really nice built-in swimming pool in the yard. Come the evening when the sun went down, they let off fireworks to commend the day.

Jamison's scholarships came in, so the next day he spent his time registering to attend Britechester-U. He also got to work right away on the advance work. He took four classes, so he had that much homework, plus a presentation to create and a term paper to write. On Saturday, Erik took his family out to breakfast, (with the exception of the Infant Cadence). He invited Jamison to attend the Starlight Accolade Show since he expressed the desire to give acting a try. Harmony wanted to go, too, but her father gently turned her down suggesting sometime in the future he'd take her.

When the family returned home after breakfast, Erik placed birthday candles on the strawberry cake he'd ordered from Millie's and assisted Cadence with blowing them out. She did the obligatory twirly thing and spun herself into a Toddler. Erik grew a tad misty, since she was his last and final baby. Kayleigh took the birthday girl upstairs to give her a first lesson on using the Potty chair. Erik read Peter a book and then Peter raced upstairs to give his little sister a great big hug. She sang to him in return.

Ho-hum, no more babies. Sadness.

There's always a sadness in my games when it comes to the final baby growing up. It comes in every family and it still hits hard every time. I can't help but grow attached to my Sims and I feel for the parents watching their kids grow up and that there won't be any others when it's that time.
  • Options
    telemwill wrote: »
    I finally got back into the game after several months away. My daughter and granddaughter moved in with us, and it has been hard to find time to play.

I continued to play with the Bheeda family and their twins, Parvati and Padma. It was fun to see them sitting up and scooting around on their knees. They are quickly going through those milestones.

Arun is finishing up his term at University and doing some programming side jobs. Jesminder is doing well enough with her art that the family was able to move to the larger apartment in their building.

I've been having a bug though where the food booths don't always show up which has been discouraging.

Welcome back!
    I hope you can find more time to play again now. I find Sims is good for my mental health when I don't play it I feel low.

Happy simming! 😃
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    @GalacticGal @Princess of Da'varh

Thank you for the welcome back!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,970 Member
    edited July 2023
    Fun story about Smithy, @Princess of Da'varh :)
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    What happened in my game today? Knitting. So. Much. Knitting. I played for quite a while with the first family I’ll be using to experience Horse Ranch and I wanted them to knit all of the wearable items from the knitting sp. They have roughly 9 infant outfits left which is fine because I really just wanted them to finish the ones that could be added to their wardrobe.

Sasha got several pay increases in the culinary career, hosted a few yoga classes and maxed the violin skill. Her teen daughter, Kai, maxed the knitting skill, went to prom a few times and is debating on an early graduation. Kai FINALLY developed a relationship with her father, Akira Kibo. Despite having bad compatibility, they have a maxed relationship bar now. Before this gaming session, it was empty as he refused to interact with her, even as a baby.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited July 2023
    My streamer sims went to San Myshuno Flea Market to help Pastel buy things for her room. But they didn’t find anything nice so they taught her it is better to buy nothing than spend her money on something she didn’t like. So they played basketball instead.
    IMG-1812.jpgIMG-1809.jpg
    IMG-1806.jpgIMG-1810.jpgIMG-1808.jpg

I’m sure Pastel will find nice decorations for her room soon. For now she will take a small break while I try horse ranch.

IMG-1804.jpg
    IMG-1805.jpg
    IMG-1807.jpg

• Options
    Fun story about Smithy, @Princess of Da'varh :)

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. 😃 I've not been playing him long, I was playing my Simself as a mermaid for a long time but I've given her a break for now and decided to try out Smithy. It's fun so far, though his career as a doctor isn't working out as planned. He seems terrified of other Sims. 😆
  • Options
    @UniqueKhaos knitting sounds like a lot of fun. I had an older Sim in another save who was a master knitter, which I loved, it reminded me of my Nan.
    Lol I love how difficult relationships can be.. I've had a mum Sim who literally didn't want anything to do with her own daughter even as a baby!

@JustinB113 Great update! I love your pics, especially that last one, her pink headphones and gaming setup look epic 😁😁
  • Options
    So I played as Smithy a bit more last night and after his not so positive time at the hospital he went home a little glum and decided to do some cooking, which also didn’t go the best as what he cooked made him a little queasy. Oh dear, but never mind, he’s now level one at cooking so hopefully his days of making himself queasy with his food are over. We’ve all done that, right?

Anyway, he then spent the evening watching TV and reading a book before he went to sleep. In the morning he woke up much more refreshed and positive. He went outside and decided to do some gardening. The sun was shining and the sky was one of those perfect blues that makes you wish you were stood on a beach watching the sea.

qvxiTvHX_o.png

NVniQBAH_o.png

After Smithy’s gardening he decided to visit the local coffee shop, just to relax and enjoy some peace and quiet with a hot cuppa. But, upon arriving the sun and blue sky had gone and it began to rain. Smithy doesn’t like the rain. .

8LCJNFaS_o.png
    Oh wait, maybe he does XD

dD1Qb18X_o.png

After enjoying his coffee it was time for his next shift at the hospital. I’m hoping it will go better for him this time... Practice makes perfect. ^^
  • Options
    @UniqueKhaos knitting sounds like a lot of fun. I had an older Sim in another save who was a master knitter, which I loved, it reminded me of my Nan.
    Lol I love how difficult relationships can be.. I've had a mum Sim who literally didn't want anything to do with her own daughter even as a baby!

Knitting was fun in the beginning but when I decided to knit everything, it became so tedious and I never want to knit again 😂 Akira is usually a great father in my saves but he has bad compatibility with Kai. But I love that they get along now. It took forever though.

As for my last gaming session, I started on a new family, well I guess 4 families, for my base save. There’s 8 sims, 7 elders, 1 adult. Royce Webber and his wife Evangeline, Royce’s brother Alvin and his wife Connie. Then Evangeline’s brother Matthias and his wife Helen (the adult) and their sister Charlene and her husband Stanley. They will all get kids and grandkids eventually.
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    edited July 2023
    I got the Custom Nuptuals mod and I'm planning a wedding for my Not So Berry generation 6 sim. I love the mod! It adds so much fun planning to the wedding.
    9e1378b69bff115fd0b1b6bd81f7afaa6857bbdb.png
    4829e91dbba0c2bf0a7247cd9ad623f7dc1019f0.png
    530e234e5a07d3dd83f1de1f72b5d4d9f09a4e89.png

• Options
    I furnished some apartments for 6 of 8 townies living in San Sequoia. I really wish we could actually build our own functioning apartments. There’s 3 single sims living in the 3 studio apartments and a family of 3 living in one of the 3 bedroom apartments. I can’t decide what the last 2 sims should be. Maybe a newlywed couple so it’s not just 1 family and a bunch of singles.

I also had Sasha learn a few more City Living recipes and realized I messed up with keeping track of them (she’s learned one less than I thought). Kai is a week away from aging into a YA. She got all 5 of the scholarships she applied for and will enroll at Foxbury to major in biology while doing an equine studies internship/living in Chestnut Ridge. I wish online degrees were an option.
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    My first lesbian wedding 🏳️‍🌈
    ba1bb22c6abbdae6123dcdd8ad91cc92a9d941d9.png
  • Options
    Well this is the last update on Sasha and Kai for a bit. Kai aged up to a young adult, she graduated as valedictorian (a first for me! I finally figured out the secret) and is currently on a vacation in Sulani with both of her parents. She got accepted to Britechester and Foxbury for all regular and distinguished majors but has yet to make a decision and won 5 scholarships. (Now I’m basically waiting to see what if any type of cross play will be added for DU and HR before she enrolls.)

Sasha and Akira decided to give their relationship another chance, with Kai’s blessing of course. Since she’s mended her relationship with her father, she just wants them both to be happy and they seem to really love each other.
  • Options
    Hi, all. I don't have an actual game update, but rather just checking in since I haven't been able (computer woes) to even get on the Internet. Oi! The last time I was able to play my game, it was in-game Saturday evening. In RL July 15th. Finally, after Windows updating my computer for at least four times in a single day, and then again the next day and the day after that. Then gave me the message there was no more room, so it was backing out and deleting the changes as it went, I was able to open the EA App, just so I could download the patch. That took a good four hours. We decided to go out for dinner, when I saw the patch was now verifying and was only at 1%. I saw the pause bars, so I paused the process. We went do dinner, had a lovely time and I decided, since it was still reasonably early, that once we got back to the hotel, I would unpause and let the thing finish. To my horror, the computer was in the midst of updating, yet again. :open_mouth: I swear it's possessed! I shut it down. Fully expected it to update again, upon turning on the computer early this morning. To my great joy and surprise, it didn't run yet another update. I was able to finish the patching and opened my game. Now, I did not play my Cantrell household. Erik would lose his albums and the royalties from such are part of his income. Keep in mind, though he be wealthy, he does have six, (6) children. LOL The eldest at just 13 (the one the game offered the Trait of genius to) graduated high school in two days. He's now attending Britechester-U but living at home.

I fussed around with a 'new save', just to see how the game was functioning. But, to all who might have wondered why I was posting so much these last few days, I just wanted to let everyone know I'm alive and well, though frustrated and willing to pull my hair out by the roots. I do hope I can get back to playing Erik and family, soon.
  • Options
    ArtaziousArtazious Posts: 34 Member
    Phoebe my Sim has been in an adventurous mood lately. She’s been trying new foods, going to new places and meeting new Sims. She hasn’t made any friends yet. But, she is almost friends with another Sim called Molly. Whoop! Whoop! She also did some basketball with her brother but got pretty thrashed. Lol. She’s also done a little bit of gardening. She’s growing bananas. She lives on a farm created by Moi – which seems to be going pretty well. It’ll go even better when I get the Horse Ranch expansion as I’ll then introduce horses and wine making to the farm... ^^ Though she does have cows on her farm. She had a partner but he was killed by a crazy wild rabbit :P Up until that point I had no idea that was even a death in TS4 lmao. Luckily though, Phoebe’s alive and well, at the moment...

When I was playing today she did some more gardening, tended to the cows and then she went out to a restaurant and spent most of her time being socially awkward. But despite that she’s still well on her way to making a friend or two. Which would be good as since her partner Ron died she does all of her socialising online or with her brother. I’m feeling really proud of her right now cause she’s overcoming her hurdles and enjoying life, which at the end of the day is awesome! :)
  • Options
    ArtaziousArtazious Posts: 34 Member
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > Hi, all. I don't have an actual game update, but rather just checking in since I haven't been able (computer woes) to even get on the Internet. Oi! The last time I was able to play my game, it was in-game Saturday evening. In RL July 15th. Finally, after Windows updating my computer for at least four times in a single day, and then again the next day and the day after that. Then gave me the message there was no more room, so it was backing out and deleting the changes as it went, I was able to open the EA App, just so I could download the patch. That took a good four hours. We decided to go out for dinner, when I saw the patch was now verifying and was only at 1%. I saw the pause bars, so I paused the process. We went do dinner, had a lovely time and I decided, since it was still reasonably early, that once we got back to the hotel, I would unpause and let the thing finish. To my horror, the computer was in the midst of updating, yet again. :open_mouth: I swear it's possessed! I shut it down. Fully expected it to update again, upon turning on the computer early this morning. To my great joy and surprise, it didn't run yet another update. I was able to finish the patching and opened my game. Now, I did not play my Cantrell household. Erik would lose his albums and the royalties from such are part of his income. Keep in mind, though he be wealthy, he does have six, (6) children. LOL The eldest at just 13 (the one the game offered the Trait of genius to) graduated high school in two days. He's now attending Britechester-U but living at home.
    >
    > I fussed around with a 'new save', just to see how the game was functioning. But, to all who might have wondered why I was posting so much these last few days, I just wanted to let everyone know I'm alive and well, though frustrated and willing to pull my hair out by the roots. I do hope I can get back to playing Erik and family, soon.

I hope you can get back to your Sims soon :)

I recently had to upgrade my laptop and desktop so I can play the game again after about a years break. Missed it massively!

Hope you'll be Simming again before long.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top