Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited April 2022
    My sim Bella had this vampire boyfriend/ baby daddy Jonathan, who she had intended to break up with for a while now, as he had both turned out to be her long-lost cousin, and she realized that she was still in love with her ex (who wants nothing to do with her). But between being a single mother, world-famous classical musician and hobby astronaut, she never found a right moment to do it. Untill yesterday I got the notification that Jonathan had met the sun. Oops.
    Now I don't know what to do about it: leave things as they are? ressurrect him? have her summon his ghost to break up with him?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    edited April 2022
    Hamster bite. Ouch! :#

5hu2S8c.png

Pg6Gths.png
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Ow, on the mouth? Ouch, indeed!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    edited April 2022
    I started the Inspiration Mentor scenario. I started it with a new character (teen) and a preexisting character (adult). While playing my adult sim got the message "I heard you became friends with <insert sim name here>" from one of their friends. It was weird though as the sim had not ever been around this sim as she was just created. But I thought - cool - I will work with that and make them have a future romantic relationship as he already thinks she's cool and that's always a good thing for a romantic partner to feel about their love interest, right?

But I haven't played that household in a while so I wanted to check if I hadn't already paired him off. And looking into the relationship panel I seen there is a baby among the other sims. He hasn't met a baby as far as I was aware so I looked into it. IT TURNS OUT THAT IT'S HIS SISTER!!. i have no idea when that particular event happened as I don't even remember his parents expecting one as I generally play pregnant sims until they give birth. I wonder how many other surprises are in my save!? LOL
  • Options
    I started the Inspiration Mentor scenario. I started it with a new character (teen) and a preexisting character (adult). While playing my adult sim got the message "I heard you became friends with <insert sim name here>" from one of their friends. It was weird though as the sim had not ever been around this sim as she was just created. But I thought - cool - I will work with that and make them have a future romantic relationship as he already thinks she's cool and that's always a good thing for a romantic partner to feel about their love interest, right?

But I haven't played that household in a while so I wanted to check if I hadn't already paired him off. And looking into the relationship panel I seen there is a baby among the other sims. He hasn't met a baby as far as I was aware so I looked into it. IT TURNS OUT THAT IT'S HIS SISTER!!. i have no idea when that particular event happened as I don't even remember his parents expecting one as I generally play pregnant sims until they give birth. I wonder how many other surprises are in my save!? LOL

Does give one pause when the devs attempt to create story progression, which is what the Neighborhood Stories is supposed to be, I believe. :open_mouth: I draw the line when they start messing around with my game save. That's one step too far! I do hope that isn't what's happening, but short of our Sims playing themselves when the game is shut down, how else are we to explain weird happenings? Maybe I'm cynical, but this is distressing.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Hope the following isn't confusing... I call it "Mom? Hide the evidence, the cops just called!!!"

Two of my sims are private detectives and organized in a club. It’s not even a real club, just a means to allow them to pass (and lock) the door to their office at a community lot. While I was playing my other households, the club leader recruited two more of my played sims. His choices made sense, so I let it fly. So now there are four detectives – still one spot open in the club.

Cue to the Chapman family, newly introduced, and with only a handful of Henford sims in their relationship panel so far. Suddenly the YA son’s phone rings: “Hello, Mr. Chapman, this is Connor Anderson of Reed & Phillips, private detectives… Oops? He hung up without letting me finish?”

Mechanically it’s simple: Club has empty slot, club shedules recruitment calls.

But in-story what has just happened is that my poor young farmer has gotten called by a sim of mine whom he never met, but who has a reputation as something of a James Bond. Bonus points for the new household really having something to hide, so now they are REAL nervous.

Connor, the sim who made the call, is in trouble, too. He is the latest recruit of the detectives, basically their forensics techie only. He is at odds with both founders and definitely not cleared to make recruitment calls on his own.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    @RebeccaThurston @GalacticGal Neighborhood Stories can be turned on and off in various ways. Either overall, or for all your played households, or for all the other households, or per household. The settings are in the Household Manager.
  • Options
    @RebeccaThurston @GalacticGal Neighborhood Stories can be turned on and off in various ways. Either overall, or for all your played households, or for all the other households, or per household. The settings are in the Household Manager.

Thank you. I adjusted things several days ago, now. I did allow for death in the households I don't play, always protecting the ones I do play. I just had no idea NPCs such as Dirk Dreamer (Get Famous) and Thorne Bailey (Get Famous) would in any way be affected. I'm gob-smacked. Thorne did turn up at the Accolades Show, and I learned he was now a Stay-at-home-Dad. I though he had just quit the industry altogether. The Show just isn't the same without Dirk, however. I had taken a liking to him. He also liked my Sim. They were friends in another save, anyway. But, he's now gone in this save. Leaving me stunned. (I'm guessing no Sim is safe!) Oh, well. If it gets too bad, I will re-tweak the settings. I am NOT restarting this save again.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Did a brief play through with my PC families.
    For my K/DA family, not too much happened, but Evelyn is once again pregnant with another child with Don Lothario. I played them the most the last few times, so didn't play them that long.
    With my Smith family, last time I played, I had Pearl and Dylan quit their jobs to focus on school. It paid off, because Pearl is doing well in school, and Dylan is catching up. Their brother John is doing will in school as well. Adrien is doing well with his job, and still the primary bread winner. Diamond traveled while everyone was at school or work, and did minor cleaning, until everyone came home. Then she and Adrien had a romantic evening in.
    In another family, Anna gave birth to a son, which I named Agnarr. It was one of my Frozen based families. She is married to Kirstoff, lives with her sister, and two teen daughers. Agnarr has his father's blonde hair, and his mom's eye color.
    The Harry Potter based family is doing well in their new home as well. The family has teen Harry with Lily and James, along with Remus and Sirius, who I made into James' brothers. They also live with teen Dudley, Vernon, and Petunia. Both Harry and Dudley are doing well in school. Vernon is frustrated with his job, and often has a short temper, but calms down every time he spends time with Petunia. Lily is doing well with her job, and so are Sirius and James. Remus and Petunia are two that don't have jobs, but I don't plan to give them one.
    The White family didn't have much going in their family as well. Sterling spent some time with his wife Janet after work. Their kids are doing well in school, and both parents spent time with them.
    My Fruits Basket family had more things going on. Tohru and Kyo exchanged promised rings, and are going strong as a couple. Yuki did some gardening, and watered a special tree that is was only able to view earlier. Shigure finished his Vegetable Basket: Another book, which is a sequel to his Vegetable Basket book. He self-published both books. Tohru, Kyo, and Yuki are doing fairly well in school, with Kyo and Yuki doing a bit better than Tohru.
    My Miraculous family got a new house through motherlode. Their first house wasn't cramped, but I moved them to another home. They moved completely out of their neighborhood into a new one. Chat and Ladybug are still doing fine, although one exchange made them unhappy with each other for a bit. Chat Noire, and Misterbug are building up their relationship, as are Rena Rouge and Carapace. Chat Blanc still prefers to be alone, but likes to interact with Chat Noir, and Misterbug.
    Finally, my last family also got a new house, due to motherlode. They moved into a larger house in the same neighborhood. Each of their teen children have their own room, with their toddler sharing their room.
  • Options
    Laenor and Ellyn broke up. After nearly 30 years of engagement with no wedding date ever set, most of it spent long-distance and in an open relationship, he came to a realization that they were never gonna be together for real, as neither of them was willing to change their lifestyle for the other. Better to end it for good and move on with their lives.
    The next day, Laenor got a call from his friend, asking him to come meet her new baby. When he got there, there was no baby to be found, she must have either hallucinated it or used it as an excuse to see him. Either way, being a gentleman, he offered to sleep with her to try and make her that baby she was missing. She failed to get pregnant after the first try, so we'll see if she calls again.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

"I'm Doctor EVIL! You tell that fool Jaques Villareal that I will not tolerate insolence in my organization!"
    MysetWw.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Erik and his family returned home Sunday afternoon from services. Since he had already chosen what he would wear to the Starlight Accolades, he decided to spend some quality time with Kayleigh. Both of them worn our from the drama of planning a wedding when your bride's triplet sister is still in love with the groom, has taken it's toll on them both. Darts. They decided to play a game of darts. Even though Erik spent some time practicing and hit the bullseyes several times during that session, he was confounded why he kept losing the dart from his hand, or just flat out missing the target. Was it her intoxicating presence that threw him off? She won 13-7.

Dressing up in his new purple tuxedo with the black pants and black lapel, he headed down to the PBP Studios hoping for a win. things just weren't the same without poor ol' Dirk Dreamer. Erik swore off cereal for life when he learned the details of Dirk's demise. Happily, he made it over to the microphone to receive his sixth trophy. Still just as heavy, he decided as he hefted it in his hand.

When he got back home a couple of hours later, it was to a very strange blueish translucent light flooding the backyard. He could hear the odd thrumming sound as the saucer-shaped craft hovered over the roof. Suddenly, he felt nauseous. He ran into the house and everyone could be accounted for — except his fiancée, Kayleigh. What group of intergalactic marauders were about?
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I like reading about your save everyone. Currently playing a new FemShep in Mass Effect but I still like to swing by the forum to see what is happening in other people saves.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Not much to report this time either.
    For my Harry Potter based save, I added Ron and Hermione as adults, and their children Hugo and Rose as teens. I plan to do Harry, Ginny, James, Albus, and Lily next. After that I plan to add the same families, but make sure Ron and Ginny are related.
    Anyway, my previous families in that save were Hermione as a toddler with her parents. Harry as a toddler, with his parents, his aunt and uncle and dudley. I made Dudley a child. The final family was Ron as a Toddler, his parents, and siblings. Ginny had to be left up to chance, so he may have other siblings before Ginny.
    Back to adult Ron and Hermione, I gave him red hair and blue eyes, while Hermione has dark brown hair and eyes. Rose inherited her mother's hair color, and her dad's blue eyes. Hugo inherited his dad's red hair and blue eyes. I moved the family into Glimmerbrook.
    I had Hermione join the teaching career, because I felt the careers didn't really suit her, so I figured teaching was the next best thing. Ron hasnt found a job yet, because I haven' decided what I want him to pursue at the moment. Rose and Hugo are just going to school, and I plan to give them a job when they get older.
    The more interesting things happened in the magic realm. Hugo went to the magic realm first, after doing his home work, and his sister joined him. He met Bill Weasley from my other family, and they chatter for a bit. Rose met Bill's brother Charlie there as well. Hugo and Rose had a duel, and Rose beat her brother. I had Ron join them afterwards, where he met the Arthur Weasley. Hermione stayed home to do her work. Their needs went down, so I sent them home.
    The next day, when Rose and Hugo went to school, and Hermione went to work. Ron started off in the magic realm again, but the geek con was starting, so I sent him to that. He explored space while he was there. Later, he took a selfie with Clement Frost, who was cosplaying.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Anne Oates bought a small bakery after she won the lottery. She baked blueberry bagels and made some vanilla cupcakes with her new cupcake machine. :)

XCmPtXd.png
    yvF33eY.png
    She baked few more things and managed to sell all of them. Her first customer was a spellcaster Grace Anansi.
    f71lyAy.png
  • Options
    AITA for banning vampires from my restaurant? They keep ordering human food, eating it and promptly throwing up all over the place. It is no business of mine how they choose to spend their money, but it's disturbing to watch.
  • Options
    After my restaurant owner, a global superstar (who always wears a disguise at work) cancelled his actions to took pictures of some random celebrity posing in the middle of restaurant and making a nuisance out of themselves, I ended up banning celebrities instead. At least the vampires keep to themselves and won't bother other customers.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    Oberon has discovered a young teenage orphan who managed to find her way to The Blue Moon. He’s given her a room and a job. She waits tables, cleans and is learning to mix the drinks. Oberon has become very protective of her in a very short time, but he suspects she’s more than she seems. After all, no one “just happens” to find their way to The Blue Moon Tavern. Pictures at a later date.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    AITA for banning vampires from my restaurant? They keep ordering human food, eating it and promptly throwing up all over the place. It is no business of mine how they choose to spend their money, but it's disturbing to watch.

NTA. They should take their food to go and indulge in their weird rites in private. 🤣
  • Options
    DuckyQueenDuckyQueen Posts: 342 Member
    This place has been like a dead zone for the past few days!
  • Options
    Did he realize that he left his stall and items at home? :D

04-25-22-11-38-41-AM.png

He's pointing at an empty space.

04-25-22-11-38-50-AM.png

Such a silly Sim! LOL Which one of us hasn't done something similar, right?
  • Options
    DuckyQueen wrote: »
    This place has been like a dead zone for the past few days!

I don't know, nor can I speak for others, but I have been on the road. I get carsick, so trying to read and respond doesn't happen. Besides, this recent trip was so I could 'see' the country. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    cyncie wrote: »
    Oberon has discovered a young teenage orphan who managed to find her way to The Blue Moon. He’s given her a room and a job. She waits tables, cleans and is learning to mix the drinks. Oberon has become very protective of her in a very short time, but he suspects she’s more than she seems. After all, no one “just happens” to find their way to The Blue Moon Tavern. Pictures at a later date.

Intriguing.

So far, nothing has happened in my game today. It took about four hours to clear out my emails and yes, I could have ignored them, but they would just continue to multiply. I got into the game for a total of three times. Discovered Kayleigh Golden had no hair. Then it dawned on me, mods were deactivated due to the Patch. Tried to activate via map screen. My Bad, I knew that wouldn't work. So, I went into my chosen save, where I'd left off last Friday and allowed for cc and script mods. Which requires that we exit the game. Got back in, Kayleigh was still as bald as a billiard cue. Went out to check said mods folder. Yeah, the hair was there. Phew, I really like that look on her. In the meantime, I exited while she had a substitute hair style in place. Deleted the localthumbcache.package as recommended. Tried to get back into my game, realizing I still had about four hours' time to play. Clicked on Origin, clicked on the game. The screen was my desktop. Wash, rinse, repeat. It wouldn't let me in. I decided to restart said laptop. Made certain I was still connected to the Hotel WIFI, which I am. Game won't come up. Suffer me to say, I am NOT a happy camper at the moment. I now, if I can get in and that's a pretty big IF, have a whole two hours to play. I am over here to check the WIFI connection. Restarting the laptop on painfully slow connections does nothing to charm me into a more favorable mood. It's Monday in my game. The wedding is scheduled for Saturday. That's how close I am. Satan get thee behind me!

UPDATE: Took my Mods folder out. Was able to get into my game. Yay. Decided to return the mods, slowly, and the cc. I prefer the cc hair for my Sim. It's just her, you know? At any rate, I was able to return what I needed. As I was digging around in the Mods folder I came across a folder that surprised me. Turns out it was a package content folder. :open_mouth: Yeah, the Sims 3 package content I wanted to make certain I kept, just in case I should ever return to play that game. I know I was tired yesterday from all of the travel, but I thought I was being more careful than that. Suffer me to say, I've got all the cc/mods in my game I needed, and all is well.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top