Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Scandal rocked the SimNation lottery commission after the winter drawing revealed a flaw in the system and led to a mob of outraged sims picketing outside their San Myshuno offices uptown.

It started when they announced the winner...Felix Psyded. The problem with this "winner" was that he was quite dead, and had been so for centuries. Apparently his ghost, which still haunts the grounds of Britechester University, was able to procure a ticket, which turned out to be the winner of the million-Simoleon prize.

After further investigation, the ticket itself was determined to be valid and legal, although the logistics of delivering a large prize to a dead recipient proved quite problematic.

Lottery commissioner Otis B. Driftwood quipped that "they say you can't take it with you but they didn't say anything about having it delivered once you got there."

The money is being held in escrow until such time as a medium can cook up a dish of ambrosia and find a way to get the deceased to eat it.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    My sims had a late night picnic date in the forest and got engaged!
    f95Wfxj.png
    wdg43RV.png
    Bo3muDT.png
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited August 2021
    I played with Goths today. Alexander is on his way of becoming a wizard when he grows up.
    He played chess with Elsa Bjergsen.
    jQu2lPp.png

Cassandra did her homework and Bella ate ice cream and had a brain freeze. :p
    ACQWU8Y.png

It was a "love day" and Alex gave his mom a rose.
    o4ZNIRK.png

Cassandra watched a boring movie and fell asleep on the floor in the middle of it. :D
    1ECkzKa.png

Goths adopted a little black persian kitten called Merlin. <3
    zTjrnDh.png

Alex and Cassandra made school projects and Alex finished his already. Cassandra needed help with hers and Alex and Bella helped her. Cassandra just wasn't into it. :D
    6alPudU.png

Alex visited a magic store and read a book about witches.
    V7fFLCt.png

He made emotional potions and pretended to be a warlock making magical potions.
    yt5Bt1r.png

Post edited by Kimmer on
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    @amber_ilumire beautiful farm! Did you build it? Did it come with the pack?
    @ACruelButLovingGod that was hilarious about the lottery
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    What do you do when you enter the fair but all the other entries are so much better than yours?

SET THEM ON FIRE OF COURSE!

jpNxS60.png

My sim won by the way. xD
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I finally finished building my farm <3

HrWM90u.png
    LfHIfSf.png
    2eH45Q2.png
    Rj5DNPi.png
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    @mcrudd I love your farm, I like how you've put the grass in the cow pen :)
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @mcrudd I love your farm, I like how you've put the grass in the cow pen :)

Thank you <3
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Scandal rocked the SimNation lottery commission after the winter drawing revealed a flaw in the system and led to a mob of outraged sims picketing outside their San Myshuno offices uptown.

It started when they announced the winner...Felix Psyded. The problem with this "winner" was that he was quite dead, and had been so for centuries. Apparently his ghost, which still haunts the grounds of Britechester University, was able to procure a ticket, which turned out to be the winner of the million-Simoleon prize.

After further investigation, the ticket itself was determined to be valid and legal, although the logistics of delivering a large prize to a dead recipient proved quite problematic.

Lottery commissioner Otis B. Driftwood quipped that "they say you can't take it with you but they didn't say anything about having it delivered once you got there."

The money is being held in escrow until such time as a medium can cook up a dish of ambrosia and find a way to get the deceased to eat it.

LOVE IT! 😆
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    @mightysprite Thank you! <3 It’s the Watson family’s house from the pack, I just have it a bit of a makeover and added another animal shed. I’m not good enough at building to make a whole farmhouse! :D
  • Options
    mlnov39 wrote: »

LOVE IT! 😆

Haha...I'm glad others are as amused by it as I was when it happened in game. A definite "wait, what?" moment for me when I saw it!
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    New baby - Agustin Veleta.

Malcolm Landgraab & Nina Caliente > Jessica Landgraab & Ernesto Veleta > Fernando Veleta & Bria Luna > Bruno Veleta & Molly Boswell > Agustin Veleta.

Heidi Westbrook aged up to a child...an evil one!

Malcolm Landgraab & Nina Caliente > Jessica Landgraab & Ernesto Veleta > Kallie Veleta & Adam Gregory > Belinda Gregory & Brett Westbrook > Heidi Westbrook.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    OVHvk9y.png
    ONGYzct.png
    Johnny and Malcolm aged up, they sure are pretty, I think Malcolm will end up with Cassandra and Johnny...
    cgU6oi1.png
    w6yYjs7.png
    Don is more his thing.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    edited August 2021
    "IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP THE CHICKENS!!!"
    0OqHN7C.png
    BXfvIZl.png
    Z7C0A13.png

EDIT:
    She does normally have a belly on her, but yes she is pregnant, hopefully with her husband. Though with the "Free Love" voted in, who knows? (I'm not cheating to find out. Going to wait until the baby is born ;) )
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    "IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP THE CHICKENS!!!"
    0OqHN7C.png
    BXfvIZl.png
    Z7C0A13.png

EDIT:
    She does normally have a belly on her, but yes she is pregnant, hopefully with her husband. Though with the "Free Love" voted in, who knows? (I'm not cheating to find out. Going to wait until the baby is born ;) )

Does that actually work to wake them up?! If not, so doing that!
  • Options
    Alina had settled into her new digs in San Myshuno, a nice one-bedroom in the Fashion District where she could study in peace and do her painting and writing to pay for the place. It was her second term at school and she was fast-tracked to get her degree in three terms, taking four classes each term. She had a 4.0 GPA from Term 1 and things were going well...until her phone rang. (ensuing story in spoiler tags because it's...kind of intense if you've had negative experiences with aggressive guys.)
    "Hi Alina, it's Vinny."

Alina played dumb, cursing whoever had given Vinny her phone number, and hoping to play a bit of 'new phone, who dis' to get rid of the guy.

"I'm sorry, who?"

"Vinny Donatello! Your roommate from Britechester! Look, I just wanted to...ummm...I HAVE A CRUSH ON YOU WOULD YOU BE MY GIRLFRIEND?"

Alina nearly fell out of her chair in shock, which soon turned to visceral, utter disgust. On campus, he'd blown kisses at her and serenaded her from the moment she introduced herself, obviously mistaking her courtesy and good cheer for romantic interest. She'd seen what he...looked at...on his computer when he thought nobody was watching and would've called the authorities but was afraid of the fallout if she'd been wrong. She'd endured his...flirting (if you could call it that), his unrelenting propositioning of her, his refusal to take no for an answer mitigated only by Alina's obvious ability to defend herself. In truth, she thanked the Watcher for his blessing in making it so she never had to sleep, because she feared what Vinny would try to do if she took her eye off him for so much as a minute. The dude was dangerous and one of the biggest reasons she'd moved out of that house. At least Brenden had gotten the message when she'd told him off. Vinny was clearly made of creepier stuff.

"Are you out of your mind?! No, I won't be your girlfriend. You're disgusting. Your mustache makes you look like the kind of guy who has to warn all his neighbors about being on the registry when he moves into a new neighborhood. Your 'singing' is lewd, disgusting, and so far off key it sounds like two cats woohooing. I told you before, I do NOT want to 'do it like they do on the Discovery Channel'. And if you call me again, I am going to the police and having you arrested for stalking and harassment. If you come up to me on the street, I will kick your two best friends so hard that you'll have to chase them into the next county to put them back between your legs. GET. LOST."

"Oh, OK, so you're a [expletive], I never liked you and you're ugly anyway, you [expletive]."

Alina hung up. Fragile masculinity was so not one of her turn-ons.

Then she called the men in her family, every one of them built like an NFL linebacker, because messing with a Markov was never a good idea...
    (he/him)
  • Options
    The Westbrooks were busy. Three birthdays within the same week!
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,041 Member
    One of my sims had her birthday party, during which her fiance flirted with her previous best friend, she got furious and yelled at him - he apologised - in bed which was an interaction I didn't even know existed. After, she was still furious and now also embarrassed from poor quality whoohooing so she gave him the cold shoulder and went to bed while he was happy after memorable good whoohooing and didn't understand a thing.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    One of my sims had her birthday party, during which her fiance flirted with her previous best friend, she got furious and yelled at him - he apologised - in bed which was an interaction I didn't even know existed. After, she was still furious and now also embarrassed from poor quality whoohooing so she gave him the cold shoulder and went to bed while he was happy after memorable good whoohooing and didn't understand a thing.

Oh, my! Guess he's got some 'splainin to do …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Alina finally got to Henford-on-Bagley...and she quickly learned the truth in the old saying "the best-laid plans of mice and men oft times go astray." In San Myshuno, she'd been getting used to the cosmopolitan life. She was the Curry Champion at the Spice Festival. Had her best friend Melissa Strickland living with her, and the two talked deep into the night about hopes and dreams and Alina had been fascinated by Mel's desire to "be her own woman"—she hated kids, preferring to immerse herself in books without a man in sight, and loved putting her computer science degree from Foxbury Institute into practice as a Tech Guru. Melissa even knew Alina's dad Dmitry, who'd made his money as a start-up entrepreneur before he retired just as Alina left home for college. He'd been her mentor in many ways.

Granted, there were certain charms about country life, but these were not people who were going to make good use of a City Master Planner in their midst no matter what the "Henford 2030" commission thought they were trying to accomplish. So many of these folks were still living off the grid with not a windmill or dew collector in sight. They went down to the river to collect water like it was still the Bronze Age!

But the air sure did smell good, the produce tasted even better than the air smelled, and so what if Alina had to go all the way to San Myshuno to get those tasty spices you couldn't buy at any price in Henford? Besides, just like Boris told her way back when she was little, she was going to end up adopted by rabbits, and a little wild bunny she named Bugs had totally adopted her more so than she'd adopted him. So too had Locke the wild fox.

The place was a bit dull, a bit square, and a whole lot uncultured, but it was home. Even if the sprinklers in the garden overwhelmed the dew collectors sometimes.

(ooc: This, for now, completes Alina's tale; going back into rotation for a bit with some other sims, including Melissa Strickland, who now has a quite nice apartment in the Fashion District. Stay tuned and thanks for reading!)
    (he/him)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Lots of stealing happened. I re-decorated a spa I had in Sulani, then took a couple of sims to test it out. Well, by the end of second day I noticed stuff had disappeared, some endtables, the TV, the computer, a table and six chairs, the couch, two large paintings, and various small decorative items that were on the tables and endtables. I replaced stuff and sent my sims home and before they managed to leave the lot, someone stole again the the big table with six chairs. After the last patch stuff seems to get stolen really aggressively even though I have voting off and no NAPs enforced. Hope they fix this in the next patch. They broke too much stuff with the last patch, even testing out buildings has become problematic and unreliable. :neutral:
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited August 2021
    f17ec5b5bbb0cbfde014c711a310a4f2bc0813dc.png
    I had a NPC-day. The day when I log into one of the townie households and just do what I feel like doing that day. A chance for some side-stories. Today I felt like getting my townies romantically connected. Time to see if Ukupanipo could find some love. So I set up a club for him with other townie YA's that were single and tried to figure out who he had the best chemistry with.

842d3d034ee1e53ca60dd353c36f811101886dfa.png
    The winner was Marlon. Great chemistry, apparently they are both actors, how about that. I just logged on today so I have not done anything for that. Marlon and Ukupnipo had a great date in the Oasis Springs park so I decided to leave the group-event and progress to alone time at home. Ukupanipo got one of the empty starter-houses in Oasis Springs so that's were they headed. Guess he moved for his acting-career, he lived there when I started playing him.

ca4956adc0eadf672db8a523cfc3c2c064da845f.png
    Look, Ukupanipo even got the adoring-sentiment during the date <3 this is going great.

a7e7e6198deee9523c5f2d99424a7d6c14a1f618.png
    At this point if feels like my little sim had a cute story going. He's an actor, he's starting a romance with another actor and this could be pretty great. We end the date and go to a community lot to work on some skills. If these to are going to be a couple in my story they need some skills.

406d6ab06a0f69a0883a52124ec7a3e3a83afe14.png
    At the community lot a townie is really rude to Ukupanipo who argues back and what happens next, this pops up on the screen. Is our sweet guy connected to crime? I didn't think gay crime was were this story was going.

So now the plan is to save Ukupanipo's love from the life of crime and whisk him away to Sulani. Ukupanipo has plenty of cash, Marlon can stay as an actor since he is ambitious and would be sad without a job. Sun, sand and maybe a kid and some snorkeling. I think we can keep them happy.
  • Options
    Timothy Gregory married Danielle McGregor and they are currently on honeymoon in HoB (the rental in Bramblewood). Timothy made friends with birds and added a few harvestables to his collection. They are constantly visited by a fox named Wa-Pa-Wow.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Timothy Gregory married Danielle McGregor and they are currently on honeymoon in HoB (the rental in Bramblewood). Timothy made friends with birds and added a few harvestables to his collection. They are constantly visited by a fox named Wa-Pa-Wow.

That was a great fox name.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited August 2021
    My gardener Owen Brooks had a friend over to play cards.
    YUsc8o1.png

His daughter Amelie was studying.
    uKOgrVW.png

Also Alexander Goth came to visit.
    p0i16yK.png

Owen's wife Zoe Patel walked their dog Belle.
    EDK3i8A.png

In the evening Zoe knit a sweater and Owen spent some time with their cat, Bubbles.
    u3Syzoi.png

Bubbles fell asleep on the table.
    5JCElUX.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top