Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Country Livin'

Comments

• Options
    ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    aurora333 wrote: »
    That "fake" leak just doesn't look fake to me, either that or someone is very skilled at Photoshop. The electronic interference on the image looks so legit around the country livin, unless it's real and EA are decoying us with the eco write up because they know we are snooping? I don't know, wishful thinking but I'm still going to hope they're just throwing us off the scent, we will have to see.

there is an earlier post in this thread that literally shows that the photo is taken from a reddit one, and the text just added in...even the printer codes were the same, and the time on the clock ... sorry but it really was fake...
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    That "fake" leak just doesn't look fake to me, either that or someone is very skilled at Photoshop. The electronic interference on the image looks so legit around the country livin, unless it's real and EA are decoying us with the eco write up because they know we are snooping? I don't know, wishful thinking but I'm still going to hope they're just throwing us off the scent, we will have to see.

there is an earlier post in this thread that literally shows that the photo is taken from a reddit one, and the text just added in...even the printer codes were the same, and the time on the clock ... sorry but it really was fake...

“Fake” is subjective. Like they’ve been silent for months. Interesting how a “fake” spoiler shows up a day before they make any kind of announcement lol. It’s all just been some kind of pr stunt spin.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

“Fake” is subjective. Like they’ve been silent for months. Interesting how a “fake” spoiler shows up a day before they make any kind of announcement lol. It’s all just been some kind of pr stunt spin.
    Even former guruKate is upset someone made that fake leak, it was not a PR stunt, merely good timing. If it was a real PR stunt they would’ve really messed up , got so many hyped for farming and then the next pack doesn’t even have that in its name 😂
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited May 2020
    Dakota88 wrote: »

Seems to be eco living only. :( No farming. Just boring stuff. Hate it. So disappointed.

Well, this is disappointing.This will probably floped

Nah, don't think so. There are always the party instagram lifestyle people and the teens and tweens that love these kinds of things.

Us normal simmers don't, yeah, but we are a minority now. At least the gurus and EA think so.

I'll probably be getting it, despite not being a 'party instagram lifestyle' person and long past being a teen or tween. I don't see why we have to be demeaning of other people because they don't agree with our likes and dislikes.

Having said that, my faith in EA is pretty low. I fear a repeat of Island Living, which I personally didn't find worth the price.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Sooo I have been quiet and a bit excited about the idea of farming. Now I hear the pack is ECO living. I am a bit disappointed because frankly, they have been adding "ecoish" stuff in the game already. We already have the off the grid trait. clothesline and the wash bucket, tarp shower, lots of candles and such, even the rustic looking magic brewing thing looks like a cookpot, etc What in the world else could they add in an expansion??

I was thinking about the survey where they asked which expansion would you like them expand on. I wonder how many people said Island Living. You know when I took that survey, I was thinking yes add on to these expansions but I never thought at 40.00 expense. I was thinking a patch. I can only imagine the rehash of items. I hope they surprise me but my expectations are low. I know I am going to feel like many of the key items should have been added with IL\off the grid. This could have been a gamepack or stuff pack in my opinion. They will add some major want feature to make people buy it like canning.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

Even former guruKate is upset someone made that fake leak, it was not a PR stunt, merely good timing. If it was a real PR stunt they would’ve really messed up , got so many hyped for farming and then the next pack doesn’t even have that in its name 😂

well if they didnt wait until the last minute to tell us stuff, these leaks wouldn't happen. So they should be mad at themselves. I don't want to hear about how they can't blah blah blah because they can. They used to do quarterly teasers soooo yeah. So someone let her know we are in the age of the internet trolls and this will continue. They could step up and get ahead of it or deal with it.
  • Options
    Vines12Vines12 Posts: 100 Member
    Tho it’s not real I was kind of excited about it. A lot of people have been wanting farms and farm animals and I think it could’ve been a good addition. I immediately remembered Riverview from TS3, I loved that world and it would’ve been great for country living - plenty of land for sheep horses farm houses etc
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    No matter if Country Livin is a fake or real, think about it... When was the last time we were happy with a Sims 4 EP, GP or stuff pack?
    They all are missing content and depth, it's a deeper problem then any pack TS4 can put out.
    The Sims 4 needs better family trees, more traits, whims, improved babies and TEENAGERS.
    Sims should care that their significant other has cheated, or that their kids are failing in school, or that grandma died off lot!
    Improve the game play itself and stop putting out junk packs EA.

Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Has anyone got a copy of the Zebra device leak of DU? This image (including the avatar top left) looks familiar enough to be a Photoshop troll.

OMG now that you mentioned it being photoshopped, this leak is 99.99% a photoshop of a real pic posted by a Target employee on the Target subreddit three months ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Target/comments/ew65l6/what_to_do_with_items_like_this_also_tried/

3s44u2eudxd41.jpg

EXMpDe5WoAAfed1.jpg

1. Obviously both say “Target + Item Return to Reverse Logistics”
    2. Notice how both phone screens have reflection on the top & left bottom corner?
    3. Most importantly, both phones show a time of 8:22 AM. What’s the odds of that?

So this whole leak is just a photoshop troll. No wonder @FreezerBunnyCowplant deleted their twitter account after I openly questioned the legitimacy of this leak yesterday.

🐸🐸🐸🐸 you should be a detective or a forensic scientist xD
  • Options
    MortryddMortrydd Posts: 20 Member
    I really hope the world will at least be good again, because so many worlds are lacking good lots. If the world is bad, I definitely wont buy it.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    I don’t know what went through the head of this person to do that. Getting people hopes up for nothing. This is just mean. And not fair to the gurus either because people are less enthusiastic about eco living as they thought they were gonna get farming.

Really why did you do that ??

Jprp83 wrote: »
    Has anyone got a copy of the Zebra device leak of DU? This image (including the avatar top left) looks familiar enough to be a Photoshop troll.

OMG now that you mentioned it being photoshopped, this leak is 99.99% a photoshop of a real pic posted by a Target employee on the Target subreddit three months ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Target/comments/ew65l6/what_to_do_with_items_like_this_also_tried/

3s44u2eudxd41.jpg

EXMpDe5WoAAfed1.jpg

2. Notice how both phone screens have reflection on the top & left bottom corner?
    3. Most importantly, both phones show a time of 8:22 AM. What’s the odds of that?

So this whole leak is just a photoshop troll. No wonder @FreezerBunnyCowplant deleted their twitter account after I openly questioned the legitimacy of this leak yesterday.

🌺🌺🌺🌺 you should be a detective or a forensic scientist xD

• Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I don’t know what went through the head of this person to do that. Getting people hopes up for nothing. This is just mean. And not fair to the gurus either because people are less enthusiastic about eco living as they thought they were gonna get farming.

3s44u2eudxd41.jpg

EXMpDe5WoAAfed1.jpg

Attention. Boredom. Occasionally pure malice.
  • Options

Ehh a lot of people are very very bored lately in lock up... if you are/were in tv/movie/singer/actor fandoms you would know people right now find it funny to dig up dirt and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 from 2-20 years back and start tending #whoeveriscancelled sometimes they dont even have anything on it, but they just start it because they are bored ... and because others are bored too the tag catch on and before we know they have it tending and it is not about something new, just pure old stuff, if anything at all...
    I imagine the same went down with the photoshop, someone bored decided to play a stupid boredom prank of their own hope (at least i hope it was their hope) and this all started...
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2020
    Eco Living sounds simple life to me. It can be living in country, raising farm animals, making something, etc. They could avoid technology like computers, TVs, etc and live off-grid, etc, except phones because it could not be removed from Sims. It reminds me of TS3 where we download eco-related like plants, windmills, etc for free. I think this new expansion would be very interesting! Looking forward to more information, etc. :)
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I don't know yet if im going to be into this pack. I think it's too soon. Tomorrow after the trailer i think i can know it better. But i like the theme and the lifestyle it caters. And Im everything but a "tweens, teens and instagram party lifestyle people.". Let's not be offensive on each other. After all it's just a pack. There are so many and problably there'll be more to come that can be more interesting to a different group of people :)

I doubt it. This game keeps catering to hipster people and teens/tweens. There were only 6 packs so far that I really, really liked: DU, Parenthood, Laundry Day, Get to Work, Seasons and Cats & Dogs. The rest is just meh and only good because some features came with it so they knew people like me would buy the pack anyway (like the photography stuff in Moschino).

Okay, Dine Out was okay too, but the rest? Nah. Really bad. YA/A centered, and stupid hipster stuff no one wanted.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited May 2020
    New screenshot via Sims Community.
    Capture-2.png
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »

well if they didnt wait until the last minute to tell us stuff, these leaks wouldn't happen. So they should be mad at themselves. I don't want to hear about how they can't blah blah blah because they can. They used to do quarterly teasers soooo yeah. So someone let her know we are in the age of the internet trolls and this will continue. They could step up and get ahead of it or deal with it.

🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    New screenshot via Sims Community.
    Capture-2.png

That doesn't look bad, but I've always been a sucker for build buy and will get this eventually I'm sure. If there's even a little farming in it I'll probably get right away but if not this will be one to wait for on sale.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

3s44u2eudxd41.jpg

EXMpDe5WoAAfed1.jpg

Honestly, if this fake leak hadn't happened, I doubt people would be AS pessimistic.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member

3s44u2eudxd41.jpg

EXMpDe5WoAAfed1.jpg

Honestly, if this fake leak hadn't happened, I doubt people would be AS pessimistic.

I despise leaks now.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

3s44u2eudxd41.jpg

EXMpDe5WoAAfed1.jpg

I despise leaks now.

Well, this could work in EA's favor. Maybe now people will look at things more criticality.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I like to believe that the Country Livin' leak came from an alternate timeline. A better timeline.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2020
    Eco-Lifesyle trailer looks a bit alright to me, not too exciting like Seasons and Dogs and Cats. It is different from what I am thinking of and from my own perspective. Nothing about farm animals, etc, except maybe raising butterflies cause there are caterpillars in the "house" Maybe they are not showing the whole until later. Or guess, the next one will be on Country Living before TS5 if it is actually come out. :)
  • Options
    telmarina wrote: »
    I don't know yet if im going to be into this pack. I think it's too soon. Tomorrow after the trailer i think i can know it better. But i like the theme and the lifestyle it caters. And Im everything but a "tweens, teens and instagram party lifestyle people.". Let's not be offensive on each other. After all it's just a pack. There are so many and problably there'll be more to come that can be more interesting to a different group of people :)

I doubt it. This game keeps catering to hipster people and teens/tweens. There were only 6 packs so far that I really, really liked: DU, Parenthood, Laundry Day, Get to Work, Seasons and Cats & Dogs. The rest is just meh and only good because some features came with it so they knew people like me would buy the pack anyway (like the photography stuff in Moschino).

Okay, Dine Out was okay too, but the rest? Nah. Really bad. YA/A centered, and stupid hipster stuff no one wanted.

Again you cant say no one wanted it, just because you didnt... i liked those you mentioned but I also very much loved Vampires, Realm of Magic, OutDoor retreat, jungle adventure, and surprise Get together, city living and island living... and i am not a hipster in anyway... or a tween or teen or an instagram party lifestyle person... Just because think they are really bad doesnt mean no one wanted them... it just mean people have different taste than you...
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    The main problem is that alot of players voted for years for the Eco Living so the Gamers finally gave it to them.