Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Country Livin'

Comments

• Options
    M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    A big problem is that people don’t seem to get that packs takes years to make.
    So chill a bit and wait for the things you asked for. It will come eventually as long the devs haven’t said it’s impossible or unlikely.

Another problem is that people seem to forget that we are different people. Some people like this, some people like that.
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I'm really angry at whoever made the fake leak. I think most people who are disappointed with Eco Lifestyle wouldn't be as upset if they hadn't been hyped up with the fake thing first. For me I haven't been following sims news as much since the recent packs weren't interesting to me, but I was very excited at the idea of Country Living. That could have been the pack to get me back to playing the game, but now all my hopes are crushed. I guess I'll go back to waiting for the next pack and hope its something better.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    So chill a bit and wait for the things you asked for. It will come eventually as long the devs haven’t said it’s impossible or unlikely.

Another problem is that people seem to forget that we are different people. Some people like this, some people like that.

Does it really take three years to make? Wasn’t the poll three years ago now
  • Options
    I'm really angry at whoever made the fake leak. I think most people who are disappointed with Eco Lifestyle wouldn't be as upset if they hadn't been hyped up with the fake thing first. For me I haven't been following sims news as much since the recent packs weren't interesting to me, but I was very excited at the idea of Country Living. That could have been the pack to get me back to playing the game, but now all my hopes are crushed. I guess I'll go back to waiting for the next pack and hope its something better.

Maybe, but even without the leak people were expecting farming. I think this is the excuse they’ll jump on though to justify the pack. But I’d still be disappointed, normally I can find one or two things I want even if the pack isn’t my thing, this is the first where I genuinely can’t find anything positive.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    At this point I'm starting to suspect we might get a livestock game pack somewhere down the line, hopefully with lots big enough that you can combine them with everything we already have for gardening, plus what Eco Living will add for gardening stuff, and make a farm. Not saying that is what I think is best, just that there are so many country and gardening things in the game already that I can't see a full Farming expansion in the works. But then again, maybe next year they'll prove me wrong.
  • Options
    zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    I hope we get more off-the-grid stuff with this, like food preservation and solar panels. It's also the perfect opportunity to introduce ladders.

I heard ladders are coming as a base-game update, so I hope that is true. And solar panels are in that other Expansion Pack coming in June.
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • Options
    zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    Petarce123 wrote: »
    This just leaked, do you think it's real or fake?

Probably leaked on purpose to gather more support after that flop of a trailer for the Eco Living EP.

I hope it's true - but only if it comes with horses.
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    zensluv wrote: »
    I hope we get more off-the-grid stuff with this, like food preservation and solar panels. It's also the perfect opportunity to introduce ladders.

I heard ladders are coming as a base-game update, so I hope that is true. And solar panels are in that other Expansion Pack coming in June.
    It is true:
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    zensluv wrote: »
    Petarce123 wrote: »
    This just leaked, do you think it's real or fake?

Probably leaked on purpose to gather more support after that flop of a trailer for the Eco Living EP.

I hope it's true - but only if it comes with horses.

That was disproven yesterday
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    If this is some sort of genuine leak, it's about a year off.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    If this is some sort of genuine leak, it's about a year off.

It's possible it isn't a year off - EP10 may come in the fall, like we had IL and DU last year. Summer/Fall.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    edited May 2020

Which makes me wish the devs would come out and make a list of things they won't do (because the game engine doesn't support it) and things that they're unlikely to do because they'd be hard - it'd make managing player expectations easier.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

Which makes me wish the devs would come out and make a list of things they won't do (because the game engine doesn't support it) and things that they're unlikely to do because they'd be hard - it'd make managing player expectations easier.

Hard to do in their case is really just a question of time and money. Also, I have a hunch that some of the design features are left up to the individual game designer in charge of a pack, so it may be unrealistic to say that they will never do some feature or another.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

Actually I am all for this, please let us know and list what is impossible so we will have idea not to wish or ask for...that's actually really smart...
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Well we know open world is impossible with the current engine. So is Sims 2 and 3 lot customization just because of the worlds were originally designed to be an online experience and based off the small worlds of SimCity 2013.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    chons95chons95 Posts: 51 Member
    I think it will probably come out this November or June of next year, a farm pack has been on demand since cats & dogs came out which was the same year when the first poll for laundry came out which probably is when they started being interested in the Eco living thing
  • Options
    hayleyhooharhayleyhoohar Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Petarce123 said:
    > This just leaked, do you think it's real or fake?
    >
    > https://twitter.com/TheSimCommunity/status/1257399575473766403

i hope this is true as i have been waiting for this game pack for ages since the sims 3 had that country pack.
    i live on a farm so would love to put my famr animals and country cottage on there, im so excited!!
  • Options
    NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    > @Petarce123 said:
    > This just leaked, do you think it's real or fake?
    >
    >

i hope this is true as i have been waiting for this game pack for ages since the sims 3 had that country pack.
    i live on a farm so would love to put my famr animals and country cottage on there, im so excited!!

Unfortunately it turned out to be false EP 9 is Eco Living. Hopefully they'll make Country living Ep for the future we shall see.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm gonna say at least horses are doable, given apparently, the script in the game already exists. Given it dates back to 2017 and intended to be a part of what would then become Cats and Dogs; it is obvious that the idea has been on the table for quite some time. Especially in that even more horse code was added last year. So, I would presume the TS4 team may have been working on adding horses.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    NoirStasis wrote: »

Unfortunately it turned out to be false EP 9 is Eco Living. Hopefully they'll make Country living Ep for the future we shall see.[/quote]

There's still a chance we'll eventually get a farming pack.

• Options
    NoirStasis wrote: »

Unfortunately it turned out to be false EP 9 is Eco Living. Hopefully they'll make Country living Ep for the future we shall see.

"next few years"
    While I am happy for people who may finally get what they want..
    This makes me cry inside..I am so ready for TS5 ;-;!
  • Options
    SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    Pretty sure Farming EP is going to come after Eco Boredom around November or so.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited May 2020

"next few years"

This would normally upset me but now we have Paralives and Paradox Tectonic's game which will more likely come out much earlier than TS5.

• Options

"next few years"

This would normally upset me but now we have Paralives and Paradox Tectonic's game which will more likely come out much earlier than TS5.

True <3
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    This thread should really be closed at this point.