Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Country Livin'

Comments

• SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    why is everyone judging this when the trailer isnt even out. at least wait to be a negative nancy when you actually can see what's inside?

Because there was this survey someone dug up - it was shared some pages ago, and sorry: not really interested.

a survey is not the finished product.

Plus: I can't think of anything cool suitable for my kind of gameplay (except the trait that lets multiple families live on one lot as mentioned above). Just don't like it. It's not even like I am disappointed with the fake leak because I was hoping for farming (I'd have preferred Generations over farming anyway). I am simply disappointed with the theme.

And it's not like I don't think it's important to preserve the earth. But this is a video game and I can't imagine anything cool coming with this. Acutally I fear there will be a system that works for all worlds and if you don't give your lots renewable energy and such things your sims will have a negative "bad air" moodlet or something like it. Really annoying if you can't switch it off.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    Seriously, I won't complain. I always said that I want something new instead of the recycled stuff from previous games. "Eco Living" doesn't sound pretty exciting, but it looks like being something, which we didn't have so far. I will give it a chance.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    why is everyone judging this when the trailer isnt even out. at least wait to be a negative nancy when you actually can see what's inside?

Because there was this survey someone dug up - it was shared some pages ago, and sorry: not really interested.

there is a description
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Maybe there is also a sim version of Greta Thunberg looking grumpy and urging the other sims.
    Eugh. I can totally see them partnering with Greta and putting her in the game, just like they did Baby Ariel. She'd just exist in our game without any way to properly remove her.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I wonder what the CAS/BB will be like for a pack like this?

Leaf flaps?
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Maybe there is also a sim version of Greta Thunberg looking grumpy and urging the other sims.
    Eugh. I can totally see them partnering with Greta and putting her in the game, just like they did Baby Ariel. She'd just exist in our game without any way to properly remove her.

Lol lol lol

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

there is a description

the person i was replying to specifically mentioned the survey, so i replied about the survey.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I was wondering that too. For build items I’d say solar panels, wood tones, water tanks (that gather rain), compost stuff, recycling bins, lamps with ecological lightbulbs, maybe. Lots of plants.

For Cas : no idea. Hippie stuff ? :lol
    Anmirla wrote: »

Leaf flaps?

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I was wondering that too. For build items I’d say solar panels, wood tones, water tanks (that gather rain), compost stuff, recycling bins, lamps with ecological lightbulbs, maybe. Lots of plants.

Leaf flaps?

Such a weird theme - I just can't get my head around this being an expansion pack! Guess we'll find out tomorrow...

I only hope that the devs have concentrated on male sims this time and included more long hairstyles for the women (and men) like the one from Discover University. I love that hair so much
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited May 2020

there is a description

the person i was replying to specifically mentioned the survey, so i replied about the survey.

I just thought you might not be aware of the description and might like to know about it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited May 2020
    Dianesims wrote: »

Leaf flaps?

Yeah - probably there will be a new function on the lot to reduce the weekly expenses if you add solar panels and/or wind turbines. And with more and more lots like this in "Evergreen Harbor", there might be an increase of greenery, better air, healthier conditions, you name it. Just like the different environmental stages of Sulani. Looks pretty obvious to me, also regarding the leaked description ("...and watch your neighborhood transform."). As for CAS: also no idea.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    As for CAS: also no idea.

I'm seeing something in my head that I can only describe as Eco-Hipster Chic... I hope I'm wrong (because bamboo and similar fibers don't seem to take colors well, and I like jewel tones.)

there is a description

Well, the description sounds even more boring than the survey. The survey is like the possible best outcome for this pack, I guess.
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    edited May 2020
    Here's hoping we can also become millionaries by turning the Eco Living world into a barren wasteland via Sims 3 Tiberium farming.
    Just when you thought there would never be post apocalyptic content in The Sims!
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I'm beyond disappointed.
    edited May 2020
    Jinkx wrote: »
    Sorry but how on earth did this happen. Eco lifestyle as an EP???

People made such a fuss that the eco stuff pack transformed into a mundane laundry pack, this is the guru’s overcompensating.

Who made a fuss about this? Tweens? Teens? Instagram lifestyle people?

There is a reason why the eco pack transformed into a mundane laundry pack. It's because lots of simmers wanted it to be exactly that: mundane laundry. It's because the majority of people who voted and who love the game did not want any stupid hipster lifestyle stuff.

For some reason the gurus and EA still think, you hipster people are the majority of players and they need to cater to you. I am not so sure.

Just think about it: also the last community project turned out to be pretty mundane stuff: KNITTING.

I don't understand why they just don't get it and keep shoving all of that stupid hipster lifestyle stuff at us. And don't tell me this will be a cozy, romantic, family oriented eco town. It won't be. You can see from their teaser pic that this will be AGAIN: YA/A centered stupid hipster stuff no one wants, except for tweens, teens and instagram party lifestyle people.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Looks like it could be fun! I just hope the gameplay functionality isn’t locked into a single world.

If the game play is supposed to have an impact on the world it will be locked. That’s how they did it in island living, and that’s how they will do it with this stuff if it’s as similar as it seems to be.

Yea, I don’t always like how some gameplay feels “siloed” into one world. In terms of IL, I’m not even 100% sure how the IL island cleanup feature even works. Somehow I unlocked the brighter more verdant ecosystem without even trying haha so it must not have been too much of a challenge 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    No matter if Country Livin is a fake or real, think about it... When was the last time we were happy with a Sims 4 EP, GP or stuff pack?
    They all are missing content and depth, it's a deeper problem then any pack TS4 can put out.
    The Sims 4 needs better family trees, more traits, whims, improved babies and TEENAGERS.
    Sims should care that their significant other has cheated, or that their kids are failing in school, or that grandma died off lot!
    Improve the game play itself and stop putting out junk packs EA.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I saw, so excited. What perfect timing it would be.
    Ikr! I’m honestly desperate for new content!!

This is exactly what they want. People keep buying junk packs, because the game lacks on so many levels.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I don't know yet if im going to be into this pack. I think it's too soon. Tomorrow after the trailer i think i can know it better. But i like the theme and the lifestyle it caters. And Im everything but a "tweens, teens and instagram party lifestyle people.". Let's not be offensive on each other. After all it's just a pack. There are so many and problably there'll be more to come that can be more interesting to a different group of people :)
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Huh. I missed some kind of announcement yesterday? This kinda came out of left field. Can't say I'm excited at this point given the fact there aren't more details. A new world with more than five lots is always welcome. More off-the-grid items would be nice. Some new animals like chickens with harvestable eggs, perhaps? I won't speculate on what might be in this new EP, but it's nice knowing there is more coming up other than the new knitting pack. Maybe there will be sheep we can shear for wool that can be used to knit with? But it will have to be a pack filled with new gameplay before I'll pay full price for it. And I won't purchase this new pack until I can update my favorite mods. My game is in such a good place right now, there's no way I'll go back to the way it was. But I am excited for the players waiting for new content. This is a good step forward for Sims4.
  • Satell8iteSatell8ite Posts: 36 Member
    So we went from Country Livin to Eco Friendly. I dunno what to say.

Country Livin' had a theme surrounding the name whereas Eco Friendly is just straight up stuff/game pack product-type name.
  • aurora333aurora333 Posts: 13 New Member
    That "fake" leak just doesn't look fake to me, either that or someone is very skilled at Photoshop. The electronic interference on the image looks so legit around the country livin, unless it's real and EA are decoying us with the eco write up because they know we are snooping? I don't know, wishful thinking but I'm still going to hope they're just throwing us off the scent, we will have to see.
  • chons95chons95 Posts: 51 Member
    @Gordy I hope Greta appears and gives my sims a lecture every time they do something bad for the environment and they start crying or stay sad because of Greta's disapproval. kind of like in island living with the spirits or whatever they're called but without summoning her on purpose. It would make sense given this is kind of the Eco trilogy with IL and laundry day.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    No matter if Country Livin is a fake or real, think about it... When was the last time we were happy with a Sims 4 EP, GP or stuff pack?
    They all are missing content and depth, it's a deeper problem then any pack TS4 can put out.
    The Sims 4 needs better family trees, more traits, whims, improved babies and TEENAGERS.
    Sims should care that their significant other has cheated, or that their kids are failing in school, or that grandma died off lot!
    Improve the game play itself and stop putting out junk packs EA.

I'm really hoping that they will seriously put the stuff we really need from the April 2020 survey.