Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Country Livin'

Comments

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Y’all it literally says in the roadmap blog “I’m really excited for the theme that the TEAM has chosen - I think it’ll be a surprise to all of you.” 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Unpopular opinion but I'm glad it wasn't country living. Can'tt wait to see what the EP has in store for us!
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I am slightly confused. Wasn't this voted for when laundry day won? People have been asking for this kind of thing for awhile now and quite upset it wasn't in laundry day but now it's hated?

Doesn't feel like it could be a theme to have enough to warrant a full EP, maybe a stuff pack, or GP at a push. Guess I'll see when they release the trailer tomorrow. *shrugs*
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    akaseven wrote: »

Seems to be eco living only. :( No farming. Just boring stuff. Hate it. So disappointed.

gosh even strangerville seemed much more attractive and interesting to be played, the phrase suggests that we will have missions to manage a "world" and transform it. Apparently the cube of the future made a big mistake in saying that we would receive what we wanted.

Yeah, no one wanted that. To be fair, there are people who wanted more off the grid options like the water pump, solar panels, wind mills and all that stuff, but get a whole EP dedicated to it? Nah.

I probably will buy it because of canning and nectar making (I think these will come with this), and I probably will like the world as I come from Bavaria in Germany and had the alpes near by, so I'd love a mountain world. But well, it will still be boring. :(

There are so many cool themes they could do, why does it always have to be something boring?

And I hated Stranger Ville. Even Eco Living sounds better than Stranger ville. Still hope it's only a GP, but well, I fear it will be an EP. :(

And let's face it after tiny living, this theme could easily come with the mechanics you mentioned in a collection of objects, I am quite shocked.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    How about CARS ?? FARMING ?? SCHOOLS ?? I mean, I'm all for ecology, but as an EP ? Sounds kinda like Island Living 2.0. But I'll wait for the trailer, maybe it'll be more appealing.
    EdithV wrote: »
    Looks so boring. Are the team dumb? I’m sorry but come on, how long have people wanted farming? Or almost anything but this? No one in the comments under the announcement sounds excited either

There is a chance it might come with cars (eco cars) though. But I'd prefer to have a choice to select a normal car too :( - not everyone can afford expensive Tesla.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    How about CARS ?? FARMING ?? SCHOOLS ?? I mean, I'm all for ecology, but as an EP ? Sounds kinda like Island Living 2.0. But I'll wait for the trailer, maybe it'll be more appealing.
    Looks so boring. Are the team dumb? I’m sorry but come on, how long have people wanted farming? Or almost anything but this? No one in the comments under the announcement sounds excited either
    A lot of schools do use this game to teach about ecology with their classes. https://store.steampowered.com/app/382310/Eco/

I mean there are ecology friendly cars too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

There is a chance it might come with cars (eco cars) though. But I'd prefer to have a choice to select a normal car too :( - not everyone can afford expensive Tesla.

Tesla’s actually aren’t that expensive, especially not the cheapest model.

• Options
    Y’all it literally says in the roadmap blog “I’m really excited for the theme that the TEAM has chosen - I think it’ll be a surprise to all of you.” 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

If it's the GP, yes. But I fear this will be an EP.
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member

also the eco footprint could easily fit into a futuristic expansion in addition to all the mechanics of changing the neighborhood and projects there, I really don't understand it.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Seems to be eco living only. :( No farming. Just boring stuff. Hate it. So disappointed.

gosh even strangerville seemed much more attractive and interesting to be played, the phrase suggests that we will have missions to manage a "world" and transform it. Apparently the cube of the future made a big mistake in saying that we would receive what we wanted.

Yeah, no one wanted that. To be fair, there are people who wanted more off the grid options like the water pump, solar panels, wind mills and all that stuff, but get a whole EP dedicated to it? Nah.

I probably will buy it because of canning and nectar making (I think these will come with this), and I probably will like the world as I come from Bavaria in Germany and had the alpes near by, so I'd love a mountain world. But well, it will still be boring. :(

There are so many cool themes they could do, why does it always have to be something boring?

And I hated Stranger Ville. Even Eco Living sounds better than Stranger ville. Still hope it's only a GP, but well, I fear it will be an EP. :(

And let's face it after tiny living, this theme could easily come with the mechanics you mentioned in a collection of objects, I am quite shocked.

Haha, but there will also be some community projects, like 4 or 5 to choose from (or even worse: 3!) besides canning and nectar making. :D

And you've done them all when you've done them all. Redundant. Boring. I can't make my own projects, can I?
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member

I watch the trailer, but none of this excites me at all. Playing as an environment hippie won't be enjoyable for me. I could be wrong maybe they will have interesting things.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited May 2020
    The theme itself is not bad, but their previous attempts in this direction (IL, off the grid) are unfortunately not promising. But who knows - perhaps the game brings functioning cars that we can replace by functioning CO2-free horses.

My biggest concern is that this is an EP with a story focused on only one single world. I wouldn't like that.
  • Options
    If they have eco cars before regular cars that most people use.Im going to be very disappointed.
  • Options

If it's the GP, yes. But I fear this will be an EP.
    Yes it’s an EP, it’s first in the Roadmap and is in the leaked description which has been confirmed in other languages.

• Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Drago97232 wrote: »

This screams green as in "eco-friendly" rather than "farming" to me.

Personally I'm glad if that's the case. We've never had an EP around that theme (assuming EP is next from road map) and it's very current IRL.

ETA: Definitely ecology themed.

I'm with you on this. And I actually really love that description, if it's true. I love seeing my Sims' actions impact the world around them. And judging by the sound of "community space project"...are they finally giving us a way to edit the space between lots? That would be exciting.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    The GP is supposed to be the one that “hasn’t been done before” as according to the blog post.

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    This was the side game Sims 2 Castaway series for three different systems:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHN6NvNPx9Y
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRVzZnsWHSk
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    The GP is supposed to be the one that “hasn’t been done before” as according to the blog post.

This was not done before.
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Features I want:

-Horses
    -Chickens, cows, pigs and ducks
    -Pond tool
    -Festivals (similar to what we have in CL and IL)
    -More crops and gardening gadgets
    -A world like Appaloosa Plains
    -Bigger lots

this! added canning, nectar making and games for children like tag or hide and seek!

Omg if they don't add gameplay for children I 👏will👏flip!
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited May 2020
    sam123 wrote: »
    Please no one buy this lol.

I’m absolutely gonna buy it....

I wasn't being completely serious, obviously people are still going to buy it.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    A pack about eco living from the same people that made Island Living, a pack where you fight "anti-environmentalists" that walk around the island and throw garbage while laughing maniacally.

jeez
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Eco Living sounds kind of interesting. And it is an EP, so it should have a lot of content, possibly including some type of farming. I would be too negative yet.

It won't have lots of content. Trust me, it will be Island Living 2.0 - nothing to do whatsoever except a pretty world and some tasks that become redundant pretty fast. They're talking about community projects. Oh yeah, like 5 projects to choose from and when you've done them all, you've done them all. Yawn.

This would be saved for me if it came with updated babies or lots of family gameplay (like tag or hide and seek for kids and board games and such), but I am certain there won't be ANY family gameplay again and everything will be dedicated to YA/A.

Agree Agree Agree!
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    edited May 2020
    What in the plumbob is this pack? Ugghh The description screams wait until it's dirt cheap :#
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    edited May 2020
    This seems like the kind of content you'd rather see in the actual real world rather than trying to shoehorn into a virtual world where the environment is just a bunch of pixels and people would rather trap sims in pools without stairs tier of content.

Oh well, I'm guessing it will include some type of farming mechanics, but oh wait... watch out for the cow farts! Not eco friendly enough. Only chickens in free range and god forbid pigs, poor creatures can't be raised just for the slaughter!
    Post edited by SimsBro on
  • Options
    Please no one buy this lol.

I’m absolutely gonna buy it....

I wasn't being completely serious, obviously people are still going to buy it.

I know you weren’t being serious, that’s why I responded lol.