Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I returned to sims 3, I don't think I can ever return to sims 4.

Comments

• Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Thank y'all so much! I will look,at NRaas and see what I can find to help me be able to enjoy my fave Sims game again, thanks y'all for all the advice and help so much
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited April 2020
    rhalius wrote: »
    Oh I wouldn't tell anyone not to play sims 4. I have my complaints about the game, but if people enjoy it they should go for it.
    Heck there's people who like fortnight for some reason, I don't mind. Let them play that, as long as I don't have to.

Now if it where Dungeon Keeper mobile, I might be questioning the sanity of those who play it as much as those who developed it since it is the epitome of everything wrong with modern gaming.

While EA messed up with sims 4, we can be lucky they didn't mess it up as badly as Dungeon Keeper. The sims can still have a good future.

So could Dungeon Keeper, if they would just sell the license for a reasonable price and let someone else make a real dungeon keeper game.

This is totally off-topic, but I would say that War for the Overworld is a pretty good successor to the Dungeon Keeper franchise. They even recruited Dungeon Keeper's original narrator, Richard Ridings, with his deep sinister voice! Its fifth anniversary just passed so I got the Ultimate Edition (with all the DLCs) for a really great price!

1. At GOG: War for the Overworld Ultimate Edition
    2. At Steam: War for the Overworld Ultimate Edition

Post edited by ClarionOfJoy on
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    War for the underworld is a pretty fun game, I have it and played it quite a bit, though it's a bit too goofy for me still in style. I loved that dark classic fantasy style of the first game so much, it has kind of a brothers grimm fairytale vibe to it.
    Also I hate how easy enemies can tunnel into my dungeon even when it's reinforced and they just keep going, like they are set out to ruin my entire design by randomly destroying walls they don't need to destroy.
    It's creatures and heroes just are not as interesting to me as what Dungeon Keeper had, especially the first one.
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Hey guys and gals! I just started playing Sims 3 showtime not to long ago and am looking for some friends to gift and tour with so if you would like to return the favor I'm usually on 2-3 times a day when I can be. My Id is Origionalmehehe I'd really appreciate the help and will gladly return the favor. I have other expansions too and can send gifts from there as well.
    I saw your posting just now. Will it be too late? I'm actually not playing the show time careers but I can invite you if you need to visit other worlds. :D

• Options
    IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    edited May 2020
    Honestly, I kinda can relate and kinda not. I just got the sims 3 after 3 years of not having it, and after fixing all my issues via the help of some awesome people in this forum, I am enjoying it a lot. The sims 3 is my fave, sims 2 comes after, sims 4 is last and I don't have enough experience with 1 to comment on that.

But despite 3 being my fave, and 2 having gotten most of my time dedicated to it, I play a healthy dose of all of them.

The sims 2 I play rotational in my own world (never played the ea ones), sims 3 I have 1 save with a bunch of families, aging on, sims 4 is kinda the same but I like doing challenges there. The sims 4 is very much a money grabber, but I don't really hate it.
    Post edited by Iceey on
  • Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    I feel like I've been avoiding playing TS4 because of what everyone says about it compared to TS3. I'm thinking, since I play The Sims Mobile which is the same sort of look as TS4 and like how Sims Freeplay is a lot like TS3 which is why I got TS3, I might consider after getting (if I can after this craziness is over, as I usually get them on Amazon) the final EPs and SPs I want (University Life, Supernatural, Town Life Stuff, Outdoor Living, the 50's 60's 70's, and Movie Stuff) I might consider TS4 once I see what the EPs are and watch videos of gameplay. I don't want to spend money on something that I'd not play anymore after a while though, as I play much more games than TS3.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Problem with sims 4 is that the building and making sims is fun, but actually playing the game is boring because all sims act exactly the same regardless of traits or age. They all act like some vapid hipster who I just want to punch pretty much.
    Well in sims 3 I sometimes have that too when they get too obsessed with their phone, but not so much.
    Was already a dumb idea in sims 3 to give all sims an automatic phone.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    A lot of people still play TS3 and most of us never left :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I did the same thing! Just recently. I was playing the Sims 4 because I love the toddlers so much! They’re the best in the franchise, imo, but they’re the only thing good in TS4. I got to the point of being just sick & tired of Sims 4, it’s just not any fun to play. Even the adorable toddlers can’t make up for all it’s flaws! And then I saw that disastrous video about the upcoming EP! OMG 😱, what is that!! I know I made the right decision to go back to Sims 3.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    Yeah they keep missing the mark with most sims 4 DLC. they make game packs out of things that should be expansions and make expansions out of stuff that should be a gamepack or even a stuff pack.

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2020
    I feel like I've been avoiding playing TS4 because of what everyone says about it compared to TS3. I'm thinking, since I play The Sims Mobile which is the same sort of look as TS4 and like how Sims Freeplay is a lot like TS3 which is why I got TS3, I might consider after getting (if I can after this craziness is over, as I usually get them on Amazon) the final EPs and SPs I want (University Life, Supernatural, Town Life Stuff, Outdoor Living, the 50's 60's 70's, and Movie Stuff) I might consider TS4 once I see what the EPs are and watch videos of gameplay. I don't want to spend money on something that I'd not play anymore after a while though, as I play much more games than TS3.

I think people spend too much time comparing them in my opinion . I play both ts3 and ts4. I love both for different reasons and I consider them equally good games because they both have flaws and.... (whatever the opposite of flaws is).
    And to be fair ts4 is not finished.

If you want freedom, open world, rabbit holes, great traits and personalities, objects and animals that have actual texture to them, unexpectedness, controlling pets (something
    I really enjoy). you will enjoy ts3

Ts4 is very cc and mod friendly which means a lot to me as a player and storyteller. Everything must be customized the way I want.
    So if you like great graphics, good looking sims, more cc than you can imagine, story telling and using your imagination, easy building tools, easy to put down awesome builds and sims from the gallery then sims 4 is for you.

Like I said I play both but lean towards ts4 more as a story teller/cc addict 🙈

Oh and don't compare anything to sims mobile. No offense to anyone who likes it but the difference between that and the pc game imo is incomparable
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    KiwiColieKiwiColie Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Babykittyjade said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I think people spend too much time comparing them in my opinion . I play both ts3 and ts4. I love both for different reasons and I consider them equally good games because they both have flaws and.... (whatever the opposite of flaws is).
    > And to be fair ts4 is not finished.
    >
    > If you want freedom, open world, rabbit holes, great traits and personalities, objects and animals that have actual texture to them, unexpectedness, controlling pets (something
    > I really enjoy). you will enjoy ts3
    >
    > Ts4 is very cc and mod friendly which means a lot to me as a player and storyteller. Everything must be customized the way I want.
    > So if you like great graphics, good looking sims, more cc than you can imagine, story telling and using your imagination, easy building tools, easy to put down awesome builds and sims from the gallery then sims 4 is for you.
    >
    > Like I said I play both but lean towards ts4 more as a story teller/cc addict 🙈
    >
    > Oh and don't compare anything to sims mobile. No offense to anyone who likes it but the difference between that and the pc game imo is incomparable

This thread actually inspired me to go back and check out ts3. Honestly I think your view is a good one based on a couple hours of going back and forth between them. They both scratch different itches for me. I'm mostly a gameplay/family based player and I will say TS3 has the upper hand in that but when it comes to modding it, ts3 is like pulling teeth while ts4 is a breeze.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    But sims 3 is a piece of software junk which will only run on a super computer !

You sure about that?

My money's on the fact that a Cray or IBM Blue will have a panic attack trying to run Sims 3.

My Vivobook plays Sims 3 with all packs, just fine, but it'll whimper if I put too much CC in there.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    One of the things that brought me back to 3 was that I missed seeing all the happenings around town, townies actually engaging with each other instead of just randomly walking by. I wasn't disappointed tonight, while my sims were both reading skill books, I panned over to a nearby park & a townie (Nick Knack) started making out with a paparazzi sim right in front of his wife & daughter!
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    My money's on the fact that a Cray or IBM Blue will have a panic attack trying to run Sims 3.
    Really? What other colors did they have that year? >:)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    igazor wrote: »
    Really? What other colors did they have that year? >:)

I think the IBM Roadrunner (now defunct - set up in 2008; shut down in 2013) wouldn't have graphics capability since it was primarily designed for computational calculations ;) rather than graphical research.

Aside from GRID (a gaming platform supercomputer connected to consumers via the Cloud...I have yet to see a supercomputer that is "graphics based" that could potentially be used as a gaming platform. Though of course, if I am able to win a few billion dollars. ~smirk~ that might be a possiblity and then maybe I might see if my "supercomputer" could handle Sims 3. Though of course with the limitation of 4GB of RAM...it will probably crash just as hard.

What might be interesting to see though is MS's Flight Simulator 2020...which is going to end up having to be run off a supercomputer with each homebased PC tapping in via portal access coding (which is the game platform that one would download that would allow access for their simulator game to feed data environment info to their personal computer from the mainframes based at MS HQ. That's going to be a landmark for computer gaming and the loss of buying the entire game in favor of buying access.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    A lot of people still play TS3 and most of us never left :smile:

True !! I cannot left the sims 3 hell on you if you try to persuade me the sims 3 is the lamest.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I never had the issues of running and crashes with Sims 3 that everyone else seems to have, so that's not a con for me at all.

Five years into the life of Sims 4, and I'm still racking up hours on Sims 3. I played Sims 4 exclusively for a while, but it was mostly from the novelty of a new pack or playing out a story of some kind. And the former really doesn't keep me entertained anymore. It's worth mentioning Sims 3 was not my first game, so there's not really a nostalgia factor to it. I probably have more hours on Sims 3 in one year than in Sims 4 across five.

There are some things about Sims 4 I like (ex: how easy it is to travel to other words), but overall, I much prefer Sims 3 and Sims 2, for that matter. The lack of individualism and personality beyond what's on hypothetical paper for sims is really the biggest issue for me. I remember in Sims 2, if you ruined a relationship between two sims, you had to work to fix it. One of my favorite households is the Pleasants, and it took all of university to fix Angela and Lilith's relationship with each other. I had once had two sims with -100 for each (I don't recall how that happened). It was challenge to get them to amicable with each other, let alone friends. But in Sims 4, sims will readily hug someone they just got into a fistfight with minutes earlier. In fact, toddlers are the only sims who occasionally reject hugs. I remember being surprised when a total stranger was able to hug my kid sim.

I've reached the point I either leave the sims to their own devices or close Sims 4 after five minutes.

I also very much agree about Sims 4 being too much of a "Happy Land", and this comes from someone who likes "fluffy" fan fiction. There is such a thing as "too happy".
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Come on, if you want to enjoy sims 4 you must download custom gameplay mods they are legions.
    This is another reason I have an issue with Sims 4. I use mods in Sims 3, but very few, and I played "vanilla" for years with no issue. If I take the mods out, I still enjoy myself and that's not an assumption because I've done it.

With Sims 4, I've probably downloaded every mod known to fandom. It, to me, is not a game I can play vanilla without falling asleep. And really, that sucks in my opinion. I don't want to have to struggle to enjoy something.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited June 2020
    KayeStar wrote: »
    Come on, if you want to enjoy sims 4 you must download custom gameplay mods they are legions.
    This is another reason I have an issue with Sims 4. I use mods in Sims 3, but very few, and I played "vanilla" for years with no issue. If I take the mods out, I still enjoy myself and that's not an assumption because I've done it.

With Sims 4, I've probably downloaded every mod known to fandom. It, to me, is not a game I can play vanilla without falling asleep. And really, that sucks in my opinion. I don't want to have to struggle to enjoy something.

Troubles with the sims 3 is despite you got a powerful computer, you cannot play full graphics because it eats ram a lot and windows 10 is itself a huge ram eater with all the plum we cannot completely delete, (cortana, windows defender despite we got an other antivirus, gamebar presence writer and many many more). I do have to downgrade the graphics to make sure the game doesn't close itself.
    Now about the sims 4, what I wanted to say is this game needs mods that add gameplay that misses. You can easily play without customs CAS and buy/build contents but you cannot enjoy the game without adding the lacking of gameplay.
    The sims 3 only runs like a charm without mods in my computer but I totally needs some of them at least custom foods.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    CarlaLCarlaL Posts: 9 New Member
    I have not read all of the posts, just the first few and I am total in resonance with them.

I bought TS4 and like the graphics. A few months later I began to hear about that TS3 is much better. So I bought the base game and 4 expansions, spent quite a fortune. After giving it a try for a few hours I started to fall for TS3, mainly because the open world really gives me that kind of immersion that TS4 doesn't. Also the color customization is such a breeze and it's really cool that you can create a watch with completely unrealistic yet wholly imaginative style. And the sims do automatically perform what they are supposed to do except answering phone calls which requires a player interaction. I would imagine without the player's input, each story would have developed along a vastly different paths.

However, a very obviously feature is missing in TS3 which TS4 does have, the forehead customization. By the way, does anyone know how to export a Sims 4's Sim and import it into the Sims 3? I managed to create myself that looks better in TS4 than the one in TS3.

Another feature which I wish TS5 (if ever it will be coming) to have is the customization of eyebrows, I mean the texture, pattern and more shapes. Both TS3 and TS4 lacks this function. Human eyebrows have so many variations possibly next to fingerprints. The few choices provided by both version are just insufficient.

Anyway, hope TS5 will combine the good of both TS3 and TS4 and cast out the bad things.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @CarlaL Welcome to the forum! If you're not averse to mods there are a lot of forehead sliders out there and tons of custom eyebrows.
  • Options
    fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    I returned to sims 3 recently too, but i was playing other games, not sims 4. I started playing sims 2 along with it before i went on a sims hiatus and they are both so much fun! I cant make such statement about sims 4 yet since i only have the base game and only played it for a few hours before uninstalling it lol, but it does have a few appealing aspects to it, although i would not mind if they started working on a sims 5.
  • Options
    CarlaLCarlaL Posts: 9 New Member
    > @ZeeGee said:
    > @CarlaL Welcome to the forum! If you're not averse to mods there are a lot of forehead sliders out there and tons of custom eyebrows.

Really, excellent! Some pointers will be greatly appreciated.
    And how do I check they are free from virus or malware before I put them into place?
  • Options
    @CarlaL, One of the programs that I suggest that you download is S3pe (which is a package editor) where you can open up your package files to see just exactly what you are getting. CC sliders come in package format as they are script mods. And S3pe has never been a corrupt file either, so it is safe to download and use as it comes from a reputable source.

http://simlogical.com/s3pe.htm

I started playing Sims 3 in 2017 (never played any other Sims game before hand - too busy working a 9-5 job when the first one came out in 1999) and by June of that 2017, I was exhorted to use CC. It took me a while to figure it out, but on the whole the Sims 3 playing experience is even better with custom content.
    GYZ6Ak9.png