Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I returned to sims 3, I don't think I can ever return to sims 4.

Comments

• Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited April 2020
    I guess this would be a thread for the "Franchise" forum, if anything. On this forum, everyone plays Sims3, anyway.

I haven't really played much Sims4. I'm not sure, but the daily routine seemed to be everything there was to it. And I made several attempts at playing that sim further.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Why does it always have to be just one game though? Not directed at anyone specifically, but I often see people act on here (and in the TS4 section as well) like they have to choose one game over the other. I like to play both games, both have their strong and weak points, and when I am annoyed by something, I just temporarily switch to the other game. It's not like it's a binary choice or anything.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    Why does it always have to be just one game though? Not directed at anyone specifically, but I often see people act on here (and in the TS4 section as well) like they have to choose one game over the other. I like to play both games, both have their strong and weak points, and when I am annoyed by something, I just temporarily switch to the other game. It's not like it's a binary choice or anything.

I dabble in all 3. Well, there's 4 games technically but TS1 is our oldest child who doesn't need our attention as much anymore :tongue: plus TS1 offers a completely different experience imo.

That said, TS4 disappoints me. A lot. And I barely play it as a game, more like a glorified modelling and house building program. There's aspects of it I still like though. TS2 is my favourite but TS3 is crawling back onto my radar.

I do find it odd how many people on the TS2 and TS3 boards only play their particular game but at the end of the day it's their choice. Kind of like how I can't convince my younger sister TS4 not to be her favourite or to even try TS2 despite telling her everything she likes about it particularly was done better in TS2.

A lot of people can't balance playing 3 games, so they pick or gravitate to one. Some people just have hard unshifting preferences.
    My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Archivist wrote: »
    One thing that The Sims 4 does really well is put me in the mood to play The Sims 3. :lol:

Oooooooh..,,

🔥🔥🔥Flame-broiled🔥🔥🔥. 🤣👍

tenor.gif
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited April 2020
    Come on, if you want to enjoy sims 4 you must download custom gameplay mods they are legions. Since I enjoy sims 4.
    But I kept my sims 3 because this game is all my life and I love my sims so much. They are the best people EAxis made for me. If only people could understand and if only eaxis can create new stuffs for this game too.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    One thing that The Sims 4 does really well is put me in the mood to play The Sims 3. :lol:
    Isn't this a bit like wearing shoes that are two sizes too small on purpose, because it feels so good when we take them off? o:)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Isn't this a bit like wearing shoes that are two sizes too small on purpose, because it feels so good when we take them off? o:)

tenor.gif
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    TalonflareTalonflare Posts: 47 Member
    I'm gonna play a card, and the card says, "Be heartedly honest."

I don't really like threads that pit Sims 4 against Sims 3 because most of them are just purely petty. Usually, they serve no other purpose than to bring down the people who invest their time into either installment. Other times, however, they serve to bring to light valid issues that an installment has, and I find those threads to be well and good as long as it doesn't dissolve into people being awful to each other for little reason.

Now, I suppose that I would say that I play both games, but I'm actually on the fence about that. I play the Sims 3 mainly, and I have all expansion packs and one stuff pack. Most mods that I play with fix issues the game has, and I have rare mods that add content. I play the Sims 4 very, very little. Opening up a save and struggling to take care of your sim's precious toddlers because your sim won't do what you tell them to will do that to you. I have no expansion packs, no game packs, and no stuff (content?) packs. There are absolutely no mods installed and I have no CC installed either. At this point in time, it's obvious why I play one installment more than the other. But, but, I won't leave it at just that. What I mean is, I have no say in whether one installment is better than the other, because at this point in time I can't compare them. It just wouldn't be fair.

So, one day, when I can grab all the expansion and game packs--why are these two seperate?--for free I will sit down and compare them and form an opinion and perhaps share that opinion with others.
    original.gif
    Just a little Smile.
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    Oh I wouldn't tell anyone not to play sims 4. I have my complaints about the game, but if people enjoy it they should go for it.
    Heck there's people who like fortnight for some reason, I don't mind. Let them play that, as long as I don't have to.

Now if it where Dungeon Keeper mobile, I might be questioning the sanity of those who play it as much as those who developed it since it is the epitome of everything wrong with modern gaming.

While EA messed up with sims 4, we can be lucky they didn't mess it up as badly as Dungeon Keeper. The sims can still have a good future.

So could Dungeon Keeper, if they would just sell the license for a reasonable price and let someone else make a real dungeon keeper game.
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    I like the sims 3 more than the sims 4. Multi tasking takes more time to complete what sims are doing which makes me frustrated. I still don't understand about their routing issue. Suddenly, they just bring the cooking ingredients up to the 2nd floor and prepare the food in the bathroom counter. Or when they are about to wash dishes, they just walk to the further sink rather than the closest one which looks like they are touring a whole house to wash dishes. Also here's another issue that they mostly eat food standing in front of the fridge or just beside the dining table, and the dining table seats are simply all free. Here's another one that the sims goes back to the spot where they were standing while they were doing separate tasks. For example, a husband got home from work, he just is going to talk to a plant in the garden. I command to a wifey sim to kiss on her hubby's cheek. And the husband sim simply goes all the way round to front door where he was standing after work and then got kissed. But I also like the sims 4, especially, the club gathering stuff, celebrity features, vampire features..etc...but I still think the sims 4 has to be fixed with their routing problems and takes ages to drink and eat meals which makes me go back to the sims3. I appreciate the sims 3 sims mostly have the meal sitting at the dining table and mostly use the counter where is at the nearest distance. Also The sims 4 sims, they keep standing at the front door after work for a looooong time... Once, I left them at the front door with free will, then they were standing on that spot and never get into home with free will. They were not like this when only the base game ...no no..even when the get to work was released. Their free will was much higher than now. So the best cheat I'm using in the sims 4 is .....reset cheat. Most of the time, all multi tasking is mixed and twisted with other task, then they are unable to try any conversation. Another one from playing the sims 4 for a long time, I just cancel the free will which they are trying to go down or upstairs. I simply cancel...it, then they already went down or upstairs, then stop there. In case of the sims 3 sims, they just stop in front of the staircase if I stop their free will. This is the reason I prefer the sims 3.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »

This!
  • Options
    Only serious routing problem I found in sims 3 is all my sims in university being obsessed with the juice keg and constantly whining because someone else is using it, they all wanted to use it at the same time.

I should look for a mod that puts real alcohol in it that gets them drunk and pass out if need be, punish their addiction instead of disabling it.
  • Options
    collrrncollrrn Posts: 54 Member
    I recently installed the sims 3 again after playing the sims 4 for years and I believe that the sims 4 will never be as amazing the sims 3 or the sims 2. The sims 4 has loads of content for young adults but the rest of the age groups are almost forgotten. Not to mention that lack of traits, I find that all my sims in the sims 4 are the same and get repetitive, I get bored of the sims after only an hour or two of play through.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Same here, in sims 4 it seems all sims are just acting like vapid hipsters no matter what age they are or what traits they have.

Even in sims 1 sims have more personality with that simple slider system.

But the most interesting sims I have always had in sims 3, most notable a masochist. He kept making advances on an evil house mate, and she'd either punch him or kick his butt before or after he tried that. Yet he kept trying. They both just did that on their own through free will.

In sims 4 they'll never flirt or kick someone's butt on their own. I miss that. I want my sims to make their own lovers, friends and enemies, instead of me doing it for them.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i fully disagree with what is said in this topic the sims4 is fun to play at least thats my view as a player of the sims
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    The ONLY reason I'm not playing 3 right now, instead of 4, is bc of the mailbox bug. After a week or so my mail box gets glitches, I learned how to replace it which does fix it, but if you don't catch it in time for bills you get stuck with bills forever in your bags, which I can't stand. I may just have to pay attn better bc it is a better game.

There are a few, only few things I like better in 4,like how not all sims hate vampires. In 3 that was overdone where even vampires hated each other, like say Vladamir Schlock, I love him, turned my sim then accuses her of being one, hey buddy you should know you made her that way lol. But I do love so much more in 3 than 4 so I can totally understand why you'd go back, I visit often, it may be time for another visit.

Id always read you shouldn't use mods in 3 BC it would make it crash alot, is that true? I'd love to use some of the cool things for it, any advice on that part?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    Id always read you shouldn't use mods in 3 BC it would make it crash alot, is that true? I'd love to use some of the cool things for it, any advice on that part?
    It depends on the mods. Poorly made ones, those that conflict with each other, and those made for an earlier patch level than the final three may or may not work well. Those that are designed properly and get deeper into the game such those we provide and support at NRaas tend to add more stability to the game overall rather than make things crash a lot. Isn't this the same for just about any game that has a modding element available to it?

And I bet one or two of them will fix that mailbox issue you keep seeing if it persists and you bring it to us at NRaas, I've never seen it more than maybe once myself over the years. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    I'm not using much mods myself, mainly I added some sunglasses and facial hair which sims 3 has little of, and some things to prevent actions or such.. like not having zombies appear at full moon and it requiring a lot more money for sims to be considered wealthy.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited April 2020
    It depends on the mods. Poorly made ones, those that conflict with each other, and those made for an earlier patch level than the final three may or may not work well. Those that are designed properly and get deeper into the game such those we provide and support at NRaas tend to add more stability to the game overall rather than make things crash a lot. Isn't this the same for just about any game that has a modding element available to it?

And I bet one or two of them will fix that mailbox issue you keep seeing if it persists and you bring it to us at NRaas, I've never seen it more than maybe once myself over the years. :)

I'd forgotten about the bug with the bills. I haven't seen it in my game since at least 2014. I suspect one of the first NRAAS mods I added to my game must have fixed it. I believe I initially added Overwatch, Master Controller, Debug Enabler and Error Trap.

Yesterday I discovered Debug Enabler is going to help me doing what I thought was going to be an impossible task. The thing is I've got a fairy with a garden and she had more money trees than I've ever seen in any sims garden. It would take me a long time to try to count them all and when she plants new seeds they seem to be mostly money trees that come up. I want to move her to a new house I've built for her and am planning to keep her in her current house until most of her garden has died. But the money trees live for a really long time so I was getting very sad about having to abandon them and was researching ways to get more money tree seeds to plant in her new house. Then last night I decided to see if I could move them to the family inventory with Debug Enabler. It worked. Even more importantly, when I tried to move the money tree out of the family inventory it worked with no apparent problems. So today I'm going to find out if I can in fact move the money trees to the new house and have them continue to grow in the new garden. I only want that new garden for money trees. I think she's got enough of them now to fill it up.

EDIT: I had to move all the money trees outdoors for the moment to count them as they were all so bunched up in her greenhouse. At this point she has 48 money trees in her garden. They are producing a lot of money for her. :smiley:
    Post edited by Karritz on
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member

I will try that thank you so much! Nraas is that a mod itself, is it easy to navigate, I'm not very tech savy lol
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member

I will try that thank you so much! Nraas is that a mod itself, is it easy to navigate, I'm not very tech savy lol

NRAAS is a site with lots of very helpful mods. The link is in @igazor signature. I started out with Overwatch (to fix issues behind the scenes but more info is on the site) and Debug Enabler (that gives you access to menus that EA made but didn't make available - lots of useful things there) Error Trap (traps errors and writes info about them in The Sims 3 folder so someone at NRAAS can read them for you and let you know what the problem is) Master Controller (more complicated - it has menus that lets you do things you would love to be able to do if you could. Plus it has a Base Module and child modules. The child modules allow all sorts of things, you can add them if you already have the Base mod in your mods folder). If you go to the site and read up on the mods you'll get a much better idea. Happy Simming
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    There are a few, only few things I like better in 4,like how not all sims hate vampires. In 3 that was overdone where even vampires hated each other, like say Vladamir Schlock, I love him, turned my sim then accuses her of being one, hey buddy you should know you made her that way lol. But I do love so much more in 3 than 4 so I can totally understand why you'd go back, I visit often, it may be time for another visit.

For that vampire hating matter, there are always misbehaving issue in the sims 3 and 4. I've been playing the sims 4 since the sims 4 base game was released. So I remember how many bugs are in the sims 4 too. In my case, I use some mods for the feature which I don't want in the sims 4. For examples, the sims keep drinking tap water so often, I cannot endure that kind of addiction, so I've been using a mod for that. You can use mod for that in the sims 3 too. :) I can suggest some of the sims 3 simple mods. No autonomous berate ignorance mod is good. No Autonomous Accuse Of Being A Vampire And Deny Being A Vampire mod is really good. I haven't seen any vampire sims hate each other with this mod.:) I like Vampires in the sims 4 too.

• Options
    Karritz wrote: »
    But the money trees live for a really long time so I was getting very sad about having to abandon them and was researching ways to get more money tree seeds to plant in her new house. Then last night I decided to see if I could move them to the family inventory with Debug Enabler. It worked. Even more importantly, when I tried to move the money tree out of the family inventory it worked with no apparent problems. So today I'm going to find out if I can in fact move the money trees to the new house and have them continue to grow in the new garden. I only want that new garden for money trees. I think she's got enough of them now to fill it up.

EDIT: I had to move all the money trees outdoors for the moment to count them as they were all so bunched up in her greenhouse. At this point she has 48 money trees in her garden. They are producing a lot of money for her. :smiley:

wow!! I also have debugenabler mod. I can try your way to keep my all plants when I move to other lot. Thank you so much for the tip! :D

• Options
    origionalmeheheorigionalmehehe Posts: 12 New Member
    Hey guys and gals! I just started playing Sims 3 showtime not to long ago and am looking for some friends to gift and tour with so if you would like to return the favor I'm usually on 2-3 times a day when I can be. My Id is Origionalmehehe I'd really appreciate the help and will gladly return the favor. I have other expansions too and can send gifts from there as well.