Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you stay and play with The Sims?

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
gouxo225yfys.png

We have seen you sharing many creative ways of how you let The Sims accompany you during this time of staying at home:

As always, your creativity is truly inspiring. We would love to see more of what you are creating and hear your stories!

How do YOU stay and play with The Sims?
Post edited by EA_Mai on

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,927 Member
    edited April 2020
    I play Sims2 , Castaway Stories (after the story mode) and Sims4 , all heavily modded, even the CS, but that is just me. I like to tweak things to my liking if I can :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    KendiMyersKendiMyers Posts: 9 New Member
    What I am currently working on in The Sims 4 is a new challenge I made. It is called, "Perfect outside, Terrible inside". If you want to know the basic information about it, visit my acount!
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I am so glad that I started playing this game in general. It has helped big time with the quarantine. I just have my Sim do normal life like always.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    TennedraTennedra Posts: 25 Member
    I'm currently working on creating a storyline based around 5 college Sims. I started creating them yesterday and only have 2 of them done. I'm also creating a cluttered, but nice apartment in San Mayshuno.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I am running an experiment with bloodlines with the spellcasters. In my present game, L and Simeon got married and had twins. Their son Solomon is kind of dating my sim Athena and Solomon's twin sis Pandora married Athena's twin brother Samedi. Athena is a bit of a player sim. I am wondering what to do next with her. Since I really want her to have kids with Solomon. I want to see what strength the bloodline will at in at least 10 generations. I really can't leave Simeon and Athena alone for too long. Their romance meter is half at pink because of random flirting and Simeon being a bit pervy towards his son's love interest when L isn't watching. I create homewrecker sims intentionally with the purpose of breaking up couples really like that the game through random events married 2 of the 3 Sages off and gave them not just one child which I have been always curious about with the 3 of them. This will an interesting thing for me to see.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    My current gameplay follows the events of "Midnight" story (Link under the banner) and I'm watching the world change, unfold, people come and go.

I'm also using this to re-explore and reevaluate gamepacks and expansions. I will go to Selvadorada again very soon.

Additionally, I'm brainstorming a potentially new chapter to add to the story. Should more ideas come my way, I'll investigate.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    LajoilLajoil Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm doing the Disney princess challenge :blush:
  • Options
    I have actually decided to do the Disney Princess challenge, too! <3
  • Options
    LylindLylind Posts: 31 Member
    I created a new Sim (called her India Najones, because why not) and sent her treasure hunting in the deep deep jungle of Selvadorada. Who cares about a quarantine when you've got ancient relics, magical artefacts and walking skeletons?
    ~ In her own little world ~
    ○ ○ ○
    • Let me tell you a story ~ my blog
    • Memory hoarder ~ tumblr
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    When the Spring Sale popped up just as my kid was getting through her first week of school from home, I got us both Island Living as a rewards for surviving ;) Since then, we've both been coming up with ideas for challenges we can do at the same time. Right now, we're each working on a cat cafe, because what better way is there to relax than with furry friends and a cuppa?
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    I make my sims practice social distancing and don't let them communicate at all so that they feel my misery. I won't even let my married couples sleep in the same bed at the same time. If that means they go to work tired, such is life. They are miserable, I am miserable and that makes me happy.

NOTE: None of the above is true but was fun to get out of my brain. ;)

Seriously though, I created a mentor-driven story called "The Vazquez Family Needs Your Help" in which you, the mentor choose from the available options and help me decide where the family will go when they reach a critical point. I will even incorporate you into the story line from time to time as a mentor to keep it going and make us all a part of this ever-evolving story. So again, the Vazquez family needs your help! #playaparttogether
  • Options
    Guys, I am SO SICK of the Covid-19 and I wish it would just go away! I miss my friends and I miss the outside world! Type in #Metoo if you agree!
  • Options
    SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member
    I do love editing townies, make new companions for them and making up crazy background stories! :D
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    My current gameplay follows the events of "Midnight" story (Link under the banner) and I'm watching the world change, unfold, people come and go.

I'm also using this to re-explore and reevaluate gamepacks and expansions. I will go to Selvadorada again very soon.

Additionally, I'm brainstorming a potentially new chapter to add to the story. Should more ideas come my way, I'll investigate.

And will this new chapter be introducing some new characters, like say, I dunno, a Vazquez or two? :innocent:
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I've restarted my favorite family, the Cantrell's. This time my mods seem to all be functioning properly, so that I'm getting way more satisfaction following them through their experiences. Erik skyrocketed to fame as a teen, graces the covers of magazines a lot, receives copious amounts of Simoleons in royalties for songs he's written, plus the albums he's released. Yes, he's a Rock Star, I have my singer Sim back. He and his four siblings, plus his girlfriend are all attending Britechester-U staying in the same dorm. (So I can keep an eye on them.) Although each iteration has taken it's own course, some more fun than others, I'm again having a blast. This keeps my mind off that which I cannot do. I get lost in this tiny story I'm developing. I do share the story with screenshots to the What Happened In Your Game Today thread.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I got the virus symptoms on 1st April so have been in bed instead of gaming.

Hopefully tomorrow I will feel up to playing at least for a little bit :) If so, I will be doing my new Everything rotation.

I have about 10 sims I need to put through uni for jobs like the doctor, scientist, teacher etc. And then there are other sims working their way up other careers and a few who hope to buy stores/a vet clinic etc. I can't wait until I've started to get things off the ground and see a little progress around the worlds.
  • Options
    Seesin8Seesin8 Posts: 29 Member
    Playing Sims 2, I wanted every household to be connected in some way to the family tree. I started by myself and began to realize who was related to who and started marrying and having children, creating apartment buildings and started moving them in. It got strange after a while. Half siblings can get together.

- Seesin8 (CC)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    edited April 2020
    I recently added nobility to my game. No kings or queens, but a system with a handful high nobility dukes and barons, and a bigger group of low nobility which are more about a tiny more exclusive social status than glam and privileges. I made up a rather detailed backstory for all these houses, both high and low, and by giving most aspects (background, traditions, heritage laws, peerage rights etc) a through thought, their community functions and locations etc are pretty clear.

y222-decavalier-01.jpg

Basically I made one high nobility per world, and then had this introduce on low nobility to most local hoods. I adjusted the local titles abit, as it didn't sound so good being a "Baron of Fashion District" :) Many of the old peerages are expired over time, making the few remaining (if 22 peerages is "few"...) more exclusive.

Each district has their Order with a limited number of members, and with the highest existing peer as the sovereign. Being a member of the order gives high status. Pictured are the Dukle and Duchess de Cavalier, they and their main heir, the Baron, are members of the Brindleton Order, while the two younger children are not.

I use both the club system and the fame system for this :)

More details on my nobility can be found on my blog simmerville.blogspot.com .
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    TheSims_IsMyLifeTheSims_IsMyLife Posts: 8 New Member
    I play the Sims by just going with the flow, I can't buy new packs as soon as they come out because I am still quite young and am living with my parents but when I do get a new pack, oh boy do I wanna jump into it! But, I limit myself because I want to stumble upon it naturally. I will explore a new pack if say, it is needed for a story I am playing. Say, my sim is living in an apartment in San Myshuno and it says: 'Go to the flea market!' I'll be like, "Oh, ok then." Even if its after like, three weeks of owning the pack. I am very obsessed with getting a legacy and one day hope, that just maybe, I could have the longest and largest family tree in the whole of the Sims 4. I know this is a big goal but most of the time, when I'm trying to accomplish something I don't enjoy it and when I finish the goal, don't feel the feeling of fulfilment. So this is a perfect challenge for me to take on! Thanks for reading this, fellow simmers! Have fun simming!
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited April 2020
    I started a new save based upon Westeros before the Targaryen Conquest. I started playing the Children of the Forest in an off-the-grid lot in Forgotten Hollow. Their home is a faerie mound so most of it is underground. They are a bit different to their book and show counterparts because I made them aliens and gave them green skin. I am going to make a 2nd household with a copy of the same house, and will possibly also add a vampire to be an Other. After that I am going to make the King in the North and his queen, in Willow Creek. It's basically modern day Westeros but the society is structured as it was in the pre-Conquest world.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    allmyfriendsaresimsallmyfriendsaresims Posts: 19 Member
    I'm playing out my own family - me, my boyfriend and our 6 daughters haha! Kind of like a legacy challenge - on the Sims 4.
  • Options
    EkmidenisiEkmidenisi Posts: 176 Member
    Although I have been playing sims for years, I have used this stay at home time to really get into my building and have even started making videos - something i never did before! I am struggling to get exposure though, does anybody have any tips for this? (Lets just say unlike some of my sims, my media production skill is very low!)
  • Options
    Katherine5767Katherine5767 Posts: 2 New Member
    I've been trying to make machinima, which is really fun! I am having some problems with camera mode, but that's another post..
  • Options
    EkmidenisiEkmidenisi Posts: 176 Member
    What is machinima?