Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you stay and play with The Sims?

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Basically using the game as a digital animation studio, @Ekmidenisi .
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Justine Keaton.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • SleepwalkerSleepwalker Posts: 2 New Member
    Sims4 - I created 2 separate households with a married couple in each. Bred them, they both had sons, Angelo and Phoenix, raised the boys. When the boys were finally teens I made them best friends then boyfriends. Once young adults I married them and moved them out. I built a tiny home with only necessities but still cute and focused on their careers and aspirations.

Phoenix went into the entertainment industry while Angelo was a tech guru. As they advanced in their careers and made more money with savings I expanded their tiny 1bed 1 bath into a 3bed 2bath, initially planning to start having children. However, I noticed my gay couple got fat and wanted them to be hot dads so my new goal was to get them hot again. The 2 spare rooms intended for their babies became a home gym and a study.

Once they were hot enough I let them have kids. At this point they were basically rich bringing home over 2k combined a day. I kept expanding their home but stayed true to the floor plan as I didn’t want their house to end up a random mess.

Their first baby was a son, Cameron. Second “pregnancy” lol was twin girls, Mary and Barbie and finally they had one last baby boy, Ken. Omg the toddler phase is annoying -_-

Although I struggled with the toddlers I made sure the kids/teens were happy and did good in school. Meanwhile I worked on the dads aspirations to buy enough “youth potion” and keep them young adults. At this point in the game all their kids are young adults and married with children. Both Cameron and Ken are gay lol and Mary and Barbie married the adopted brother from next door, Zach and Cody.

Mary and Barbie both cheated on their husbands with each other’s husband (secretly) so they both have a 1 baby from each.

The original dads Angelo and Phoenix got kinda stale so I bought the Vampire game pack and made them Vampires. At this point I’m kinda bored with their family and may just leave the 5 households in the neighborhood untouched while starting a new concept.
  • SleepwalkerSleepwalker Posts: 2 New Member
    ^ Id just like to add that I didn’t use any cheats. I find the game very boring if everything comes easy.

My concept was to create the founding neighboring couple which had the sons, Phoenix and Angelo, and to only create future sims by breeding them.

I wish the game would recognize if you keep the generation of a family going. It would be a nice feature if you can make your own iconic family name like “The Goths” and receive some type of reward in the game for it.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I am playing the game exactly the same way as before. It is the one constant that has not changed in this time of crisis. My work changed, my children's school is closed, no more restaurants, no more shopping (except for groceries, luckily), I haven't physically seen my relatives in weeks, ... At least the sims are still there, the same as always .

I only have one evening a week to play so my game goes very slow. I just had my very first student graduate. She graduated with honours in the fine arts. She is a spellcaster and upon returning home to Glimmerbrook she was not let back in her own former home by the house sitter. So she faces a homeless challenge/rags to riches situation. She only has a tiny off the grid shack with a woodworking table and a pee bush in the back yard to sleep in. (I tweaked the potion of plentiful needs so it requires more ingredients and doesn't fill the energy need) . I will have her craft all the furniture for her new home with the woodworking table. I use a mod by littlemssam to allow her to craft beds, showers and other furniture. And I plan on finally tackling the plant collection and gardening aspiration in this game as well with a big garden. With my pace of playing slowly this will take me a while.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I got the virus symptoms on 1st April so have been in bed instead of gaming.

Hopefully tomorrow I will feel up to playing at least for a little bit :) If so, I will be doing my new Everything rotation.

I have about 10 sims I need to put through uni for jobs like the doctor, scientist, teacher etc. And then there are other sims working their way up other careers and a few who hope to buy stores/a vet clinic etc. I can't wait until I've started to get things off the ground and see a little progress around the worlds.

I hope you feel better soon. Take care.
  • RockyMightSimRockyMightSim Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm currently playing in The Sims 4 with sims I recreated from The Sims 3, who were inspired by the characters from "Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons" an amazing game with a tragic story. In this case, I give the characters a chance to skip their tragic fates and have a happy life.
  • MisslizardMisslizard Posts: 162 Member
    I always play a bit then get bored and delete and start again. This time I started with a plan. Mod installed for story progression, married only pregnancies and male name for marriage. Took Angela Pleasant and Dina Caliente- finished Angie through uni, she got married to Salim Benali who changed to Pleasant and they had a son. So took Dina (Who had finished uni) became Chief of Surgery? lvl 10 Medical. Had about §100,000 so bought 3bedroom house and decorated. Left with approx §8,000. Found a unmarried man (Hard in my game) Joaquin Le Chein and became partners. Don't want her married. At last save I had Dina with her 3 daughters- Phoebe-child, Eve-child, Can't remember third one who is a toddler and Dina is pregnant again. Trying to get a boy. Dina is in Botonist career but mostly chooses to work from home.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I got the virus symptoms on 1st April so have been in bed instead of gaming.

Hopefully tomorrow I will feel up to playing at least for a little bit :) If so, I will be doing my new Everything rotation.

I have about 10 sims I need to put through uni for jobs like the doctor, scientist, teacher etc. And then there are other sims working their way up other careers and a few who hope to buy stores/a vet clinic etc. I can't wait until I've started to get things off the ground and see a little progress around the worlds.

I pray for your speedy recovery! So sorry you've been struck by it. Get well, soon.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • StrictlySimishStrictlySimish Posts: 21 Member
    I am currently trying to re-download TS3...Can't wait to take a walk down memory lane!!
    I don't have much time to play TS4 outside of quarantine, so this has been a nice time to get back to the game that I love!
  • PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    During the month of March, I put my self sim in with simselves of people I care for in my life and we solved the Strangerville mystery together (that was surprisingly fun...although I miss the Mother in this save. hehe) Anyway, since I had so much fun, I've stayed in the save, and now have 2 kids and an alien kid, have graduated uni and my oldest sim kid (a teen) wants to be a spellcaster now so I'll be doing that soon. :smiley:
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • LucidLennyLucidLenny Posts: 180 Member
    I made the prettiest sim I could in order to compensate for my own lack of self-care haha! I finally found custom content!!!
    Lenny | Sims 3 | Uni Student | Timezone: EDT (UTC -4) |My blood type is A- | 50% Anxiety 25% Angst 25% Awesome | I bleed for cute sims <3
  • SimmingKimSimmingKim Posts: 94 Member
    I made a couple and started the challenge 'Rebuild: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge'. Its a lot of fun so far.
  • mblomblo Posts: 1 New Member
    The Sims4 has been my goto while I shelter in place. I have been switching back and forth between a few of my Sims families, and I have enjoyed playing through the Sims4 Seasons for the first time.

I am genuinely thankful to have the Sims4 to play during these bizarre times! It's a great time-passer and distraction from the news and social media.
  • pinot_grigiopinot_grigio Posts: 91 Member
    After running out of good shows to watch on Netflix, I've started my own sims story: a plot-driven drama following the lives of six young adults in San Myshuno. Check it out at: pinot-grigio-sims.blogspot.com!
    49886159581_8ebc2b57a8_h.jpg
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    My sims are going out to community lots maybe a little more often than usual. Extended family are still visiting each other.

One thing I have noticed, is that almost every single sim I've played so far this month has gotten sick. That's just a little too real, in my opinion. But fortunately the cure is always a few clicks away!
  • TheWilliams95TheWilliams95 Posts: 20 Member
    i just like doin stuff to see the out come of it
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I love the Sims as each generation of games is uniquely different to one another. It is a learning tool as well as entertainment in games, as we can design and develop houses or commercial lots, play with the lots and edit them until it becomes playable. Share lots with other players around the room, download and play other lots and check the forum. The Sims 4 have playable story lines like Stranger vile where our sims investigate the strange plants, ask questions, obtain files, meet quirky sims, collect samples and develop vaccines, make friends and defeat the moama plant.
    Magic Realm lets our sims travel to another realm, gain friends, respect and trust that enables them to learn new skills, practice duels, gain ingredients, knowledge and learn new skills.

Its a game that can entertain you for hours.
  • Sharebear67Sharebear67 Posts: 26 Member
    I've been building different homes for my sims. I've had a new found love for building after watching several YouTube channels of fellow sims and how they do their builds. Learned how to make more realistic roof lines. Now trying to create a better modern home, that one's a little harder as my builds can look cluttered or empty.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    @Atreya33 @GalacticGal thank you for your lovely wishes xx happily, I am better now and back into my game.

Unfortunately, having so much time at home for gaming is making me a little bored and antsy. I watch my sims enjoying their lives outside and I want to go enjoy nature myself.

I need some new content I think! Something that can get me excited and distracted from the real world.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    @Atreya33 @GalacticGal thank you for your lovely wishes xx happily, I am better now and back into my game.

Unfortunately, having so much time at home for gaming is making me a little bored and antsy. I watch my sims enjoying their lives outside and I want to go enjoy nature myself.

I need some new content I think! Something that can get me excited and distracted from the real world.

I hear you. Today is Palm Sunday for me. I stayed at home and read the Typika service. Not even the same.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited April 2020
    I generally play the Sims 2, that's really the best one ever made as far as I'm concerned, but lately I've been playing The Sims 3 for a change. Then when I saw that a patch came out for 4, I played that for a little while too. So I jump around a lot.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    I've found the time now that work is beginning to die down that I can return to my legacy family, and continue their story on.

The latest heir has just had her own daughter age up to adult and begin her post-university career at the local hospital, so she is helping to raise the young toddler grandchildren. She also has an older son who is the region's star football player, but he's old enough and handsome enough to look after himself haha. I'm a bit apprehensive though for the days to come, because the current matriarch is starting to get closer and closer to filling up her age bar... And she's an elder! :confused:
    @windweaver I love the Sims 2. I haven't played in a while. My absolute favorite was the Sims 3. I played it at least a year after the Sims 4 came out. I am stubborn but now all I play is the Sims 4. Oh and KOTOR
    @LehmanLegacy I love your story line. I am lame at making up my stories. I usually go with what's going on. I get very introverted and my sims show that. It takes a lot for me to even just talk here.