Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Animal Crossing

Comments

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Sorry I haven;t been on in ages guys1 Hard to find time now that the school year has started back up. Gonna load up now and get some play time in today though haha! WIll open my island in a bit after I've done my dailies like pascal that can't be done with gates open

Yay I missed you! Hopefully I can come over when you open. I still have the purple pansy if you need it.

Aw missed you too! I got your note in my mailbox! Ty!

Ugh haven't played since end of Aug. I used to love fall colours in this game but I don't with my current island design haha. They just really don't suit my whole tropical island theme, it looks so much prettier with the darker green grass as the cooler look doesn't match the palm trees haha.

Had to get all the weeds haha, prob missed some but oh well. At least I wasn't offline so long that I got cockroaches in the house haha.

Okay I've opened up :) Dodo code is 0R3N8.

If anyone here doesn't have me as a friend yet, please feel free to add me, I'm Ice from Tikatown on Switch. My code is SW-8248-3106-7027 but if your name is different than here please let me know who you are, haha

I might be offline, my kid just got up now so about to start schoolwork with her. I'll be on sporadically when she does independent work stuff haha, but mostly offline.

Feel free to shop, or gather materials from anywhere, pick whatever you want, or take diys from the t1l1 in the fairgrounds at the back haha. I'm not picky, it all grows back. Nothing in Nooks I need today, I have it already, so buy whatever haha!

• Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited September 2020
    Finally jumping into this thread to say hi. :)

My family agreed on a Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts theme for our island, so we dwell on the isle of Mega Bunny, and we've been focusing on villagers that look like they could be from the show. I got through most of my major goals, though I'm still on the lookout for the royal crown in the Able Sisters shop. Saw the dang thing once, but all my bells were tied up in turnips at the time.

@SeashoreLivia I have a heart pond with a little waterfall at the top of it, and I just used a variety of pink flowers all around, for whatever that's worth. Then one my kids added teddy bears around it. I mean, lots of teddy bears.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    @SeashoreLivia I just noticed the purple pansy!! Thank-you so much!!! You even figured out exactly where I wanted to plant it hahaha!!!!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    how long do postcard notes have to be. some of my villagers complained the notes are to short, but i never know what to write so i just type hi. their picky for game animals. lol.
  • Options
    how long do postcard notes have to be. some of my villagers complained the notes are to short, but i never know what to write so i just type hi. their picky for game animals. lol.

Haha mine do the same but I think it doesn't really matter? Maybe I'm wrong? Try "hi hi hi" and see if it works LOL
  • Options

Haha mine do the same but I think it doesn't really matter? Maybe I'm wrong? Try "hi hi hi" and see if it works LOL

i wonder why their picky. i never actually saw any of them read.
  • Options

Did you play New Leaf? In that game when you send them postcards they show the postcards to your visitors (and you) sometimes like "Hey remember when you sent me this?"
  • Options

Did you play New Leaf? In that game when you send them postcards they show the postcards to your visitors (and you) sometimes like "Hey remember when you sent me this?"

yeah they never complained in new leaf . now some of them are like why are you wasting space.
  • Options

yeah they never complained in new leaf . now some of them are like why are you wasting space.

I gotta load up my New Leaf again haha. My kid plays that one with me but "Plays" is maybe not the best word. I tend to be one of those "no screentime for young kids" type parents haha. Not completely and not intentionally but more because we are always so busy with other stuff. And just out of habit haha. I put on the tv for myself once a year type thing and didn't own a cellphone until a year or two ago, so for her I simply don't think about it but she's 6 now (almost) and started to ask so we find time every week or so to watch a show... for games I play when she's in bed or I'm at work 95% of the time. I thought New Leaf would be a fun one to play WITH her as her first game and she loved it but we just keep forgetting lol! It's been probably 5 months since I've turned it on lol! She's probably forgotten about it. Maybe when she gets her room clean I'll bring it back out ;)
  • Options

My family agreed on a Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts theme for our island, so we dwell on the isle of Mega Bunny, and we've been focusing on villagers that look like they could be from the show. I got through most of my major goals, though I'm still on the lookout for the royal crown in the Able Sisters shop. Saw the dang thing once, but all my bells were tied up in turnips at the time.

@SeashoreLivia I have a heart pond with a little waterfall at the top of it, and I just used a variety of pink flowers all around, for whatever that's worth. Then one my kids added teddy bears around it. I mean, lots of teddy bears.

@katrinasforest Sorry I somehow just saw your post!!! I've never heard of Kipo or Wonderbeasts but welcome to the thread!!! If you have online feel free for you (and/or your family) to come visit my island and shop or do whatever you want haha! It's open and the dodo is 0R3N8 I'm not picky about people picking anything or shaking trees etc. It grows back. Buy whatever you want in Nooks. There's diys in the fairgrounds at the back. I'm not sure if it's possible but the only thing I ask is don't cut down trees completely and more importantly please don't hit my rocks if you've eaten fruit haha)
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member

SeashoreLivia I have a heart pond with a little waterfall at the top of it, and I just used a variety of pink flowers all around, for whatever that's worth. Then one my kids added teddy bears around it. I mean, lots of teddy bears.

I totally want to see this Teddy bear lake XD

I sent all of my villagers a coconut and a letter that said "I'm coconuts for you! Write back!" And none of them complained that it was too short. Although I won't be wasting anymore fruit on letters, since according to that guide, gifts in letters don't count toward your friendship score.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    well i can't get photos but blathers said my fossil collection is finished.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member

Congartulations!! I still need a lot but i hope i can complete mine eventually. I havent even completed it in my new leaf musuem, can you believe it?!! I have one missing fossil but it is taking ages and i just kinda gave up now that i dont play it that much anymore.
    Mareah wrote: »
    I dont have any golden tools yet because i restarted my island. I feel like i wont use them so much because i love the look of some of the colorful tools the shop sells, they look so pretty and have many options to customize them. I still want some of the golden tools though, for personal achievements purposes.

I have two, the sling shot and the watering can. I like the others too but it's nice to have them not breaking nearly as often haha.
    I wish we can customise golden tools so they last longer, though they wont be golden colored anymore lol. I try to customize my regular tools when i think they are about to break, that resets their durability but i estimate wrong sometimes and i lose them anyway. I had to scold my self when my favorite flower-printed shovel broke because i knew i had used it so much and it sure was about to break soon. It only felt inconvenient because it could take days to show up again in the store.
  • Options

Yay Congrats!!! Mine is done too but I had friends help me haha!
  • Options
    [

I wish we can customise golden tools so they last longer, though they wont be golden colored anymore lol. I try to customize my regular tools when i think they are about to break, that resets their durability but i estimate wrong sometimes and i lose them anyway. I had to scold my self when my favorite flower-printed shovel broke because i knew i had used it so much and it sure was about to break soon. It only felt inconvenient because it could take days to show up again in the store.

That would be fantastic! I'd love to customize them too! I try to do that with my regular tools too but I never remember. Axe is easiest cuz it makes a diff sound and gets cracks in it haha. Shovel might too? Not sure. It's really hard to tell though. If I have a fav on sale at Nooks I usually buy 3-5 of it and put it in my storage though. (Yes my storage is always full :p)
  • Options
    [

That would be fantastic! I'd love to customize them too! I try to do that with my regular tools too but I never remember. Axe is easiest cuz it makes a diff sound and gets cracks in it haha. Shovel might too? Not sure. It's really hard to tell though. If I have a fav on sale at Nooks I usually buy 3-5 of it and put it in my storage though. (Yes my storage is always full :p)

i don't like buying bags . if they added storage space i would feel differnt.
  • Options

Congartulations!! I still need a lot but i hope i can complete mine eventually. I havent even completed it in my new leaf musuem, can you believe it?!! I have one missing fossil but it is taking ages and i just kinda gave up now that i dont play it that much anymore.
    I dont have any golden tools yet because i restarted my island. I feel like i wont use them so much because i love the look of some of the colorful tools the shop sells, they look so pretty and have many options to customize them. I still want some of the golden tools though, for personal achievements purposes.

I have two, the sling shot and the watering can. I like the others too but it's nice to have them not breaking nearly as often haha.

i can still collect fossils so i'm selling mine at nooks cranny to help pay loans.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    [

Seriously, i might start mainly doing this too after i get the nook stamp for customizing because sometimes i dont feel like going through it, i am not in a hurry to get that one though. The only achivement i really could not wait to be done with is the one where you have to catch a certain number of fish in a row without missing once. It made me nervous while fishing and kinda dreaded doing it even. Was so glad when i got it so i could have fun again lol.
  • Options
    [

Seriously, i might start mainly doing this too after i get the nook stamp for customizing because sometimes i dont feel like going through it, i am not in a hurry to get that one though. The only achivement i really could not wait to be done with is the one where you have to catch a certain number of fish in a row without missing once. It made me nervous while fishing and kinda dreaded doing it even. Was so glad when i got it so i could have fun again lol.

I will NEVER get the fishing one haha! I rarely get 3-5 in a row hahahaha! I haven't even managed the second stamp for 50 after ages of trying so I gave up.
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited September 2020
    @SimAlexandria Same here! I apparently got up to 41 at one point, but how I did that, I have no clue. It's kind of the stamp that taught me not to worry too much about the stamps. ^_^;;

Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts is a Netflix show. A bunch of the characters are mutant animals with human intelligence and mannerisms, so it works pretty well with the Animal Crossing world.

I'll see if I can take some screencaps of our lake. I don't have our Switch on hand atm.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Got my first gold rose. Yay!
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member

Congrats! Are you making a garden with one of every color flower?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Double post
    Ignore this
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member

Eventually. I haven't actively tried to breed any flowers, except for the gold rose, but I've got quite a few different types and colors. I'll have to make a list and see what's missing.
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Eventually. I haven't actively tried to breed any flowers, except for the gold rose, but I've got quite a few different types and colors. I'll have to make a list and see what's missing.

Let me know if you need help with any flowers or finding seeds. I have all the flowers and Ophelia has a lot of different seeds in her storage.

Does anyone want to come over for Octavian's birthday?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top