February 21 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!

The Sims Medieval won't open after Origin update

EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 2,859 Member
Hello!
My game won't open after updating Origin to the latest version. When I click "Play" on it, Origin window will go away for some time, usually meaning the game is about to open, but instead it comes back and the game won't have opened. I can click on "Play" again, but it still won't open.
What can I do? I have repaired the game, but it didn't help me. Please help.
You can never discover The Sims games 100%. Even when you think you know everything, the game manages to surprise you.
That's why I do experiments in the game from time to time and tutorial videos on YouTube.

Comments

• kaylin205kaylin205 Posts: 241 Member
    The only way I get sims to work is shutting off the internet to the computer when this happens. I also have to reinstall origin from time to time. Not a fan of this platform.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 31,275 Member
    Sometimes the games won't load unless you are connected to internet, and open Origin first then load the game from the Origin app. I never tie my games to Orgin because of this. I don't let my games be updated by Origin. The last resort is to uninstall and reinstall Origin. It's a pain and why I stopped using it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 2,859 Member
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    The only way I get sims to work is shutting off the internet to the computer when this happens. I also have to reinstall origin from time to time. Not a fan of this platform.

I'll have to try that. Thank you.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Sometimes the games won't load unless you are connected to internet, and open Origin first then load the game from the Origin app. I never tie my games to Orgin because of this. I don't let my games be updated by Origin. The last resort is to uninstall and reinstall Origin. It's a pain and why I stopped using it.

I am. It opened before update even through I was forced to offline mode due to not updating Origin.
    You can never discover The Sims games 100%. Even when you think you know everything, the game manages to surprise you.
    That's why I do experiments in the game from time to time and tutorial videos on YouTube.