Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Medieval won't open after Origin update

EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
Hello!
My game won't open after updating Origin to the latest version. When I click "Play" on it, Origin window will go away for some time, usually meaning the game is about to open, but instead it comes back and the game won't have opened. I can click on "Play" again, but it still won't open.
What can I do? I have repaired the game, but it didn't help me. Please help.

Comments

• Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    The only way I get sims to work is shutting off the internet to the computer when this happens. I also have to reinstall origin from time to time. Not a fan of this platform.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sometimes the games won't load unless you are connected to internet, and open Origin first then load the game from the Origin app. I never tie my games to Orgin because of this. I don't let my games be updated by Origin. The last resort is to uninstall and reinstall Origin. It's a pain and why I stopped using it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    The only way I get sims to work is shutting off the internet to the computer when this happens. I also have to reinstall origin from time to time. Not a fan of this platform.

I'll have to try that. Thank you.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Sometimes the games won't load unless you are connected to internet, and open Origin first then load the game from the Origin app. I never tie my games to Orgin because of this. I don't let my games be updated by Origin. The last resort is to uninstall and reinstall Origin. It's a pain and why I stopped using it.

I am. It opened before update even through I was forced to offline mode due to not updating Origin.
  • Dankmeme2511Dankmeme2511 Posts: 3 New Member
    Ooh, that's a problem alright. I've had this issue many times and usually, I had to turn my PC off and on again. It could be you're having an update for the game.
    Oh. Sorry for not updating.

As suddenly this issue appeared, it disappeared. I can again open the game!
    Ooh, that's a problem alright. I've had this issue many times and usually, I had to turn my PC off and on again. It could be you're having an update for the game.

There would be an indicator, wouldn't it? If a game is updating, there is a bar that shows how much update data has been installed.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2020
    EgonVM wrote: »

There would be an indicator, wouldn't it? If a game is updating, there is a bar that shows how much update data has been installed.

No, Origin likes to brag you can play your game even while they are installing......it's on their front page, but that doesn't make sense does it if all files aren't present etc. or while a patch is happening. But they say you can, which I have found is not true if you don't want glitches.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Dankmeme2511Dankmeme2511 Posts: 3 New Member
    Ah, great hoping you're having fun feeding your people to that monster 😂😂😂
    Ah, great hoping you're having fun feeding your people to that monster 😂😂😂

Yep. I have even made a challenge where when the hero doesn't complete their responsibilities, they, their spouce, and their co-workers will be sent into pit. I have even "made laws" that will make sims get sent to the pit. For example, spitting in castle or Jacoban curch, getting caught digging for treasures by the monarch, being randomly released from stocks by the monarch etc.
    Due to this, there aren't a lot of people that are sent into the pit. Well, I guess I have to make new strict and weird laws. Any ideas?
    Cinebar wrote: »
    EgonVM wrote: »

No, Origin likes to brag you can play your game even while they are installing......it's on their front page, but that doesn't make sense does it if all files aren't present etc. or while a patch is happening. But they say you can, which I have found is not true if you don't want glitches.

That is true. I've forgotten about that.
    Sometimes, this game suddenly won't open and then it suddenly works fine again. I don't know the pattern, but I usually wait until it works again.