Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone still downloading worlds?

Just asking because I'm unsure at this point whether it's worth posting updates to a world I'm currently working on.
EiFlric.png

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)
    You won't get as many downloads as just a few years ago but there are a lot of people who still play.
  • Options
    readypostreadypost Posts: 60 Member
    yep!In fact just popped from searching thru player made worlds just now, populated ones with no cc or very minimal cc. As for me, I'd be interested in seeing your latest project. You too @Rflong7 ... I prefer player made worlds ,the creativity constantly amazes me. Happy Simming !
  • Options
    simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    I found my last played families and am starting back getting a world set up. There are so many things I realize I missed so much! Thanks for still working on stuff for this game.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited January 2020
    @Rflong7: That's great to know. I was afraid that downloads had all but died out. :D

@readypost I'll definitely post some updates of my latest world as soon as I have enough stuff up. B) I started posting a few minor updates here, but keep in mind that this is going to be filled with minutiae, so it might get a little boring after awhile, LOL: https://thesimsdepot.blogspot.com/

@simplyzoe You're welcome. And thanks for still being interested enough in playing user worlds. It's players like you who make it all worthwhile. <3
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »
    @Rflong7: That's great to know. I was afraid that downloads had all but died out. :D

@readypost I'll definitely post some updates of my latest world as soon as I have enough stuff up. B) I started posting a few minor updates here, but keep in mind that this is going to be filled with minutiae, so it might get a little boring after awhile, LOL: https://thesimsdepot.blogspot.com/

@simplyzoe You're welcome. And thanks for still being interested enough in playing user worlds. It's players like you who make it all worthwhile. <3

I really like your website and I don't say that lightly, it looks and feels really good.
  • Options
    @readypost wrote: »
    yep!In fact just popped from searching thru player made worlds just now, populated ones with no cc or very minimal cc. As for me, I'd be interested in seeing your latest project. You too @Rflong7 ... I prefer player made worlds ,the creativity constantly amazes me. Happy Simming !

Awesome! I don't make as many as I used to make yet I finished one for a Christmas gift exchange. While Christmas is over, I think it's still a cute, little world. :)

When you say CC do you also include Store stuff? That's all I add because it's easier for me. I enjoy CC but the Store is enough to move in and out for playing/building. :)

Christmas Village (populated but still a small area world)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/969934/christmas-village

Pangaea (Massive world with lots of Store stuff)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/945497/pangaea-a-new-world

• Options
    edited January 2020
    simplyzoe wrote: »

I really like your website and I don't say that lightly, it looks and feels really good.

Thank you. <3

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I never downloaded worlds but i'm back to sims 3 and willing to go all in with it. I'm going to buy some eps and stuff packs and, who knows, downloading worlds...? :)
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    I´m always desperately in need of new worlds, because I have too many Sims which I have to move into new worlds!
    And I appreciate the hard and creative work every one who is able to build puts in a new world!!!!!! <3

Perhaps I may ask or suggest something for further projects: is it possible to create a world with a special theme? I liked the worlds by My Sims Reality and @Rflong7 very much, but at the moment I like worlds which have a special feeling (medievalish touch, elbish touch, Scandinavianish, desertish, whatever). I don´t need every store object or every rabbithole in this worlds, I just want the feeling of being in a special country. And sometimes this big worlds which have every content available have too much diversity in it (like snowy mountains, big forrests, rural countryside and a big city all in one world) which kills my imagination of being in a special place.

I don´t want to come across a if I want somebody to critze for creating a world what he/she likes, I´m just one player with a special need. :)
  • Options
    @AlexaKry wrote: »
    I´m always desperately in need of new worlds, because I have too many Sims which I have to move into new worlds!
    And I appreciate the hard and creative work every one who is able to build puts in a new world!!!!!! <3

Perhaps I may ask or suggest something for further projects: is it possible to create a world with a special theme? I liked the worlds by My Sims Reality and @Rflong7 very much, but at the moment I like worlds which have a special feeling (medievalish touch, elbish touch, Scandinavianish, desertish, whatever). I don´t need every store object or every rabbithole in this worlds, I just want the feeling of being in a special country. And sometimes this big worlds which have every content available have too much diversity in it (like snowy mountains, big forrests, rural countryside and a big city all in one world) which kills my imagination of being in a special place.

I don´t want to come across a if I want somebody to critze for creating a world what he/she likes, I´m just one player with a special need. :)

Oh, I don't mind and I understand different preferences. I just love worlds with all the areas because I can play without having to travel to different worlds. It lets my imagination expand because of it. :mrgreen:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    AlexaKry wrote: »

I started working on a Pompeii world ages ago (I am so obsessed with Pompeii!!!), but then my hard drive died and I wound up losing so much progress and became discouraged. But who knows? Maybe I'll pick it up again at some point in the future.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    readypostreadypost Posts: 60 Member
    @Rflong7 cc is anything not made by EA (to me at least) .After all this time I pretty much own all they ever put up in the store,free stuff and EP & SP except the dreaded KP SP .And I loved your Christmas World... to be honest I adore pretty much all your worlds esp. your Legacy Island and Haunted Valley II .
    @ts1depot Oceanview is my fave of your worlds . To those of you who take the time and dedication to still build worlds for us diehard Sims 3 players Thank You so much!You are truly gifted wonderful ppl who should be showered with plates of freshly made chocolate chip cookies ! Happy Simming!
  • Options
    chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member

@AlexaKry On tumblr there is a few world makers who make splendid worlds. Try Norn, Nilxis and Potato-ballad-sims worlds (and collaborations). Also, this blog contain a lot of worlds from various creators, it was made specifically for worlds. You should check out Praaven if you don't know it yet. It's the most polished medieval town made for sims 3. Soon it will be revamped. Hope you find something which appeal to you. :wink:
  • Options
    @chojrak : thanks for your suggestions!
    But all this worlds (eccept Praaven, too much CC and too big to play in, but georgeous!) are already in my game, connected through NRaas´ Traveler.
    I´m really in desperate need of really NEW worlds. ;)
  • Options
    @ts1depot : Pompeii!!! That sounds awesome!! What a perfect travel destination!

@Rflong7 : Good you don´t see my post as critizism, because it wasn´t meant to!!! (BTW: I love your worlds!)
    And I can completely understand that you would like to create a world with different parts so you don´t have to travel!
    And it is YOUR world so YOU decide what you want to create, I´m just a player who benefits from your work!

Everyone should be thankful that there still are world creators who share their hard work with the remaining Sims 3 community!
    A biiiig "Thank you" to all of them! <3
  • Options
    chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member
    @chojrak : thanks for your suggestions!
    But all this worlds (eccept Praaven, too much CC and too big to play in, but georgeous!) are already in my game, connected through NRaas´ Traveler.
    I´m really in desperate need of really NEW worlds. ;)

Well, that might be a little bit boastful, but my world is kinda new, released not even 2 weeks ago. :tongue: Here's link if you didn't saw it. :smile:
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I'm always looking for new worlds to download.
    Despite Praaven having a lot of CC, it runs beautifully and I run on a laptop.
    So far my favorites:

Twin towns
    Acadia
    Beach City.
  • Options
    Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    I always like checking out peoples CAW projects. Most I don't download though because almost everything requires Pets which I no longer have installed.
  • Options
    readypost wrote: »
    @ts1depot Oceanview is my fave of your worlds . To those of you who take the time and dedication to still build worlds for us diehard Sims 3 players Thank You so much!You are truly gifted wonderful ppl who should be showered with plates of freshly made chocolate chip cookies ! Happy Simming!

Thank you! <3

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    I am getting Version 3 (the last version) of Drifters Isle ready for upload. I hope to have it uploaded by next weekend. I've been working on the last version quietly for the last 6 months, as I have found time. You know how busy the fall and holiday season can get for everyone.

Now I need to go look through this forum to see what everyone has been up to this month :) I hope to see more new world too. I see Rflong has a new christmas world I need to check out! :)
  • Options
    ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    Well, I am still downloading worlds. o:) Please do post!
  • Options
    shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    I still download! I've downloaded quite a few but I can never find one that truly suits me. I find some that are super special and nice, that fit some needs for special plays. But yeah.....I still download the smaller/medium lite worlds!
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    Just asking because I'm unsure at this point whether it's worth posting updates to a world I'm currently working on.

I still do!!! I'm a hardcore S3 girl
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    @Rflong7 I love your Christmas Village world! I am curious to know if there is a train available to the train depot and if so, does it run?