Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we'll get something big for The Sims 20th anniversary?

AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
The 20th anniversary is happening very soon, the 31st of this month 20 years ago The Sims was released in North America (it took a bit longer to be released in other areas).
Do you think they will honour such an important milestone? And if yes, how?

EDIT: It was pointed out to me a couple of times that the anniversary is actually February the 4th, so today. Sorry.
Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
All my creations are CC free.
Post edited by AlbaWaterhouse on

Do you think we'll get something big for The Sims 20th anniversary? 180 votes

Yes, a nice patch
42%
OneAdorkableGirlcatmom1987icmnfrshLeGardePourprealexspoom13alan650111aelias24WedlisamwittCamkatIrdiwensimgirl1010luthienrisingsimfriend1968loubyloulouSpiddermouseaecollins21ashcrash19taydevKhrisstyne 76 votes
Yes, an announcement on something big like The Sims 5 being in development
3%
Stdlr9scudbums92Zita1966zkieranpatton14mandyssims93niccettaBrightBlueInk 7 votes
Yes, something else like an EP or GP announcement
7%
auroraael14youilivefor92PlayerSinger2010AnmirlaTeeSeaBird166ChuChuExpressHCSauRudiaroseBunny_AttackHayleeSimsItsJanierx4m1r4ThunderNeb 14 votes
No, just a GIF or similar on The Sims official Twitter account
25%
GRIMMYrudy8292PseudonymsimhappyCynnaCinebaralanmichael1CAF84Sk8rblazeccllmmssPegasysHestiayuppDaemonPawsgraventheCookinCookieFinvolacece15624MoonfoxNightcrydoogerie 46 votes
No, nothing
10%
IcewolfaprilrosehunterzerorobyngravesHarukotyanfullspiralstormycurlsLemon405SayoLoireScobreChambersNtmcevoy1121Ms_MikaEvie0602Lady_BalloraStevieJohn88PreCiiousvincentvega8899 18 votes
Other
10%
jonilla1Isb917candy8FairyGodMothercatloverplayerKaeChan2089Javi182jcp011c2texxx78Destin2016RedShoe7rinre33SAEldarinsmurfy77ListentoToppDoggSilverShine24KimmerfaeriedusteSarahSoda9 19 votes

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Other
    I wish that it was a traits and relationships overhaul. Or something humorous and somehow 'nasty'. That doesn't mean that i believe it will be. But i still hope. To get me into the game again.
  • Options
    caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    Yes, a nice patch
    I want something like the patch we got for the 16th anniversary hehe We got some nice stuff from the previous iterations. The tragic clown painting from the sims 1, the grilled cheese aspiration from the sims 2 and the kleptomaniac trait from the sims 3. This time I'd love some npcs (burglars for example hehehehe).
    he/him
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Other
    I assume they'll do something. Probably patch something to the game, but I doubt it'll be anything exciting or interesting.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Yes, a nice patch
    I want matching pants for all age categories and genders. We have some t-shirts already and now is the perfect time to get some trousers. I am not joking btw.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Other
    No, I think we'll get something but not something big. More than a GIF or something, but less than a big patch. Maybe a small patch with some handful of reskinned items. Which is okay, it'd be free.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Yes, a nice patch
    I try not to get my hopes up, but I always do.

I'm expecting color wheel for hair and online dating.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

Your thread and the other thread should be merged in my opinion. The topic is exactly the same and I believe they can be merged even with the poll included.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Yes, a nice patch
    Here's a recap of what each anniversary patch contained since TS4's release:

2015 (15th anniversary): Genealogy/Family Tree, legacy achievements, anniversary gnome, new main menu design with a new anniversary render, Valentine's Day content
    2016 (16th anniversary): Anniversary painting, gardener NPC, three new features returning from the old games: Tragic Clown Painting from TS1, Grilled Cheese Aspiration from TS2, The Kleptomaniac Trait from TS3
    2017 (17th anniversary): Anniversary T-shirt, new main menu design
    2018 (18th anniversary): Anniversary T-shirt, new female hair, new skintones
    2019 (19th anniversary): Lunar New Year content
    2020 (20th anniversary): ???
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Other
    It would be great if they had burglars, but seeing how none of the police are active outside of being at station I'm not sure who'd arrest them if caught. I'd love the ability to have more than 3 traits, make sims not all the same
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Here's a recap of what each anniversary patch contained since TS4's release:

2015 (15th anniversary): Genealogy/Family Tree, legacy achievements, anniversary gnome, new main menu design with a new anniversary render, Valentine's Day content
    2016 (16th anniversary): Anniversary painting, gardener NPC, three new features returning from the old games: Tragic Clown Painting from TS1, Grilled Cheese Aspiration from TS2, The Kleptomaniac Trait from TS3
    2017 (17th anniversary): Anniversary T-shirt, new main menu design
    2018 (18th anniversary): Anniversary T-shirt, new female hair, new skintones
    2019 (19th anniversary): Lunar New Year content
    2020 (20th anniversary): ???
    Oh. When everyone was ripping on Sims 4 and suggesting we only get t-shirts, I thought they were just being sardonic. I didn't know some past anniversaries were that bad. Ew.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes, something else like an EP or GP announcement
    A wholesome patch & the 2020 milestone discussion. I want them to share it with us and make it work for us. Us, as the stakeholders, who has been spending hundreds, hours, ideas, etc need a proper "direction" on how this franchise is going to do in 2020, before we could invest in it any further. It would be unfair to just announce everything in a surprise mode (although I do enjoy it, but not all the time). I've spent more than half of my life with this franchise, so, I wish nothing but a good year ahead.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Yes, a nice patch
    @Gordy wrote: »
    Oh. When everyone was ripping on Sims 4 and suggesting we only get t-shirts, I thought they were just being sardonic. I didn't know some past anniversaries were that bad. Ew.

Lol even just a T-Shirt is still better than most anniversaries we’ve had during the TS2/TS3 days.

Not all anniversaries are equal anyway. You can’t expect much from a random 9th anniversary or 14th anniversary. These anniversaries are just not very significant.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited January 2020
    Other
    While I would LOVE something big (crib less babies, better personalities etc.)...knowing the sims team they will just give us a few CAS items like special shirts to celebrate......I wouldn't be surprised.

EDIT : Seems someone kinda pointed that out anyway...case in point.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    No, nothing
    It'll either be a patch or nothing I think but I could be wrong.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yes, a nice patch
    I think we'll get free babies as a patch
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Yes, a nice patch
    A patch is most likely, I think, with things that were requested by the community (though I don't hold my breath for a baby update or cars), Like maybe ladders or the recently mentioned a lot: bunk beds. Maybe some of the older items from previous games because of the anniversary being for the entire franchise.

I don't think it's gonna be a new pack announcement but maybe a release roadmap for the next few months.
    I'd kinda rather they gave us a big update of the BB and CAS catalogs: there are items that are definitely not tagged right, cluttered categories, etc. A spring clean of all that would go a long way.

There's also already the upcoming TS3 update for Metal Macs in the works and I think that was promised for early 2020. If they also bring back TS1 and TS2 for 64bit/Metal devices, that would be great. (or just bring TS1 to tablets, I'm good with that too lol)
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes, a nice patch
    April 2019 SimGuruLyndsay : "There’s a lot happening over the next year in The Sims™, including our 5th Anniversary for The Sims 4 and our 20th Anniversary for The Sims! So, in celebration of this milestone year, we want to try something new and let you know, far ahead, what types of experiences you can expect to see from The Sims 4."

We've got a lot of things for the 5th anniversary of TS4
    5th Anniversary

It’s already been five years since The Sims 4 released; whew--time flies when you’re simming! In celebration of this milestone, we’ve added a set of end-of-summer content so that your Sims can join in the festivities. Invite some friends and family over, fire up the grill, and enjoy a backyard get together with this new content. (FYI - the new stilted foundation is perfect for creating a backyard deck!) You’ll even spot some patterns with nods to famous icons of The Sims...

New Clothing
    • Men’s Long Blazer
    • Woman’s Summer Party Full Body Outfit
    • Boy’s Polo Rugby Top
    • Girl’s Knee-Length Leggings

New Build Content
    • Fence: “Fence”
    • Railing: “Stair Railing”
    • Stair: “Stairs”
    • Foundation: “Stilt Foundation”
    • Foundation: “Canvas”

New Objects
    • Light: “Outdoor Ground Light”
    • Plant: “Plant Potted Floor”
    • Living Chair: “Outdoor Seat”
    • Lounge Chair: “Outdoor Lounger”
    • Dining Table: “Outdoor Table”
    • End Table: “Outdoor End Table”
    • Pedestal: “Upside Down Gnome Decor”
  • Options
    ObaniMoonObaniMoon Posts: 18 Member
    No, just a GIF or similar on The Sims official Twitter account
    I feel like a gif on twitter is what we will most likely get. But some ingame items would be cool too.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes, a nice patch
    elelunicy wrote: »
    @Gordy wrote: »

Lol even just a T-Shirt is still better than most anniversaries we’ve had during the TS2/TS3 days.

Not all anniversaries are equal anyway. You can’t expect much from a random 9th anniversary or 14th anniversary. These anniversaries are just not very significant.

16th anniversary was secretly significant because it's was the 10th anniversary of The Sims Studio (formerly The Sims Division)

In 2006 they released their first pack : Open For Business and SimGuruGrant was already working on TS3 project.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Yes, a nice patch
    Something retro like a Sims 1 rerelease would be nice, but I’ll stick with just a big patch, maybe something old returning like ol’ Crumplebutts or the sexy cake dancers, that’d be festive! :blush:
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    sale just popped up on origin for the 20th birthday, hope there's a bit more to it than that. especially since stuff packs, STILL, aren't included in the sale
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2020
    Other
    Other meaning cars,updated babies and or classic objects like a vibrating heart shaped bed, aquarium,pinball machine etc.

I'm sure there will be a patch though.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Other
    I would like my Sims to have slow dancing and also dancing together not line dancing that is for old folks.